1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sashihara Rino (Sasshi) / AKB 5th Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by makistar, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Re: Sashihara Rino / Team A

After what happen to Ayarin, Nacchan, Yonechan and some of NMB members, we thought that the rest would learnt the lesson well but still some would still break the rules...people never learn. Or they did learn, but they learn to keep it more well hidden. Sasshi weren't so lucky that, that damn "friend" of decided to open is mouth to the tabloid. If she did lie, then a lie is still a lie. She had suffer the consequences though and still will for quite some time. I don't feel mad at Sasshi, just like when Nacchan and Yonechan case came to light. Instead i feel sorry for her. More so now after seeing that some of so called Sasshi wotas start to turn their backs on her and i cannot say blame them for doing what they did either for feeling betrayed.
    Funny, and quite ironic too seeing the situation right now. From the way i see it, many people who didn't call Sasshi as their oshimen are the one that stick around and show their support to her while some of her hardcore fans start to abandon her....but it's okay though, at least we now know who's the true Sasshi fans and who's not among Sasshi wotas.

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@symbv: I know nothing about the legislation in Japan, but I do remember that AKS released a statement saying that they would sue the tabloid that published a story about Mariko being the mistress of one of the managers of AKB. So I take it in case the claims are very far from the truth and pure defamation they could've taken legal action again for Sashihara.

However, I don't know if their response to the Mariko scandal was harsher because it implied shady deals at the agency itself and thus ruined not only Mariko's reputation, but the higer ups as well. Whereas in this case is different.

3. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ Those kinds of lawsuits are usually used in a game of mind and seldom really goes to court in Japan. This is why your earlier post saying "suing for millions" is not really practical (at least in Japan). You are right in saying that the tabloid's decision to use an actual name shows some confidence that they are onto something, but we must not thus conclude that the tabloid has all the facts established without doubt, or that they will not fabricate information to spice up the story. If the agency believes the story is almost entirely fake, it may feel confident to issue a threat to sue, and thus force the tabloid to back down or even issue a formal apology. This may be what happened in Mariko's case, or as you speculated, it involves interests of more people than just Mariko. Sasshi's case is trickier as it seems the story has higher proportion of facts than the management felt comfortable to sue. This does not mean that the story is all true or even mostly true, but it may mean the lawsuit can drag on and carry the risk of more embarassing evidence turning up or leaving AKB and Sasshi in a distracting and unhelpful spotlight while the lawsuit is being fought.

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I think you're confusing me with Tokyolucifer as this is the first comment I've made about suing and tabloids themselves in this thread, but I agree with your points that if there's true to the article it would be hard for them to risk taking legal actions and making the scandal even bigger.

5. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

I guess management "knew" it had an issue with Sasshi back then but didn't care since she was a KKS and didn't think she'd get as popular as she is now. Well, it came back and bit them in the @ss. :fp:

TOO many emotions are running high now from fans, haters... everyone should just step back and take deep breathes. In.. out.. in .. out!

This incident just started and it will unravel itself more over item.
    Sasshi got transferred to HKT and AKB now has a 2d opening (besides Acchan) in Team A.
    Will this affect Sasshi's ranking? Probably to most likely.
    How? Who knows! We'll all find out as it happens.

That guy that released this cr@p about Sasshi better watch his back.
    He's probably been targeted by the Sasshi wotas!

Whatever happened, happen.
    Many fans just need to deal with it, whether or not they like it or not.
    You can say that Sasshi did it to herself and she regrets it.
    At least she was given a second chance to redeem herself considering she's in the idol business and not fired or forced to graduate.

To the haters... she's out of AKB!
    To the supporters... keep supporting her and wish her well!

It's out of our hands now so let's see how this drama unfolds.

I suspect that there will be some announcements at the Tokyo Dome concert event. :fear:

6. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

I think they often use Google Translate to do the English page, although sometimes the quality of translation is quite high, making me wonder if they use human translators as well.

I decide to translate it myself as a few phrases in the translation actually are not quite correct:

Translation:
    指原莉乃のHKT48への移籍について。
    About the transfer of Sashihara Rino to HKT48

週刊誌の記事について本人に話を聞いたところ、
    「すべてが事実ではないが、そう誤解されてもしかたがない」という
    ことでした。
    When I asked her about the report in the weekly magazine, she said "Not all of it are facts, but it can't be helped that it could be misunderstood that way."

3、4年前の、まだ、研究生時代の話とはいえ、AKB48のメンバーとして自覚が足りなかったと反省しています。
    指原にはイエローカード一枚相当の厳重注意をしました。
    Even though it happened back 3-4 years ago and when she was still KKS, she felt sorry for not having sufficient self-awareness being a AKB48 member.
    To Sashihara this will be a stern warning equivalent to one yellow card.

指原莉乃の“不屈の精神”、“何があってもあきらめない気持ち”は、
    AKBのメンバーとして模範となるものです。
    この強さを後輩に伝えて欲しいと思い、
    結成して間もないHKT48に移籍させることにしました。
    “左遷”と言う人がいますが、それはHKT48のメンバーや支えてくれているファンのみなさんやスタッフに失礼です。
    指原莉乃に新たな挑戦をさせたかったことと、若いHKT48のメンバーの刺激になればいいと僕たちが長い会議の上に出した結論です。
    Sashihara Rino's "indomintable spirit" or "the thought of never to give up no matter what happens" is a role model for AKB's members. And I want her to pass this strength to her kohai so I asked her to transfer to HKT48 which was formed not long ago.
    There may be some who say this is "demotion", but that would be rude to HKT48's members and those fans and staff who support them.
    It is after long meetings that we reached the conclusion that Sashihara Rino should be put to work on a new challenge, and it would be great to serve as stimulation to the young HKT48's members.

ファンのみなさんにせっかく4位にしていただいた指原ですが、
    どこまで“ヘタレ”なのでしょう。
    肝心なこの時期に…。
    でも、それが指原なのです。
    そのうちにグループ最強のHKT48を率いてやって来るかもしれません。
    あるいは、グループ最強のHKT48に紛れてやって来るかもしれません。
    To what extent will Sashihara, who was finally given the 4th place thanks to so many fans, be "hetare"? At such a critical time now.... But that is Sashihara. Some day she may come to lead HKT48 the strongest team in the group; or she may just mix into HKT48 the strongest team in the group.

AKBで一番“期待に応えないメンバー”指原莉乃を温かく見守ってやってください。
    Please give your warm support to Sashihara Rino, the "AKB member who is no.1 in not meeting expectation".

As reference here is the translation found on the English page of AkiP's G+:
    Translation:
    It’s about the transfer of Rino Sashihara to HKT48

I heard in the weekly magazine article about the talk of the person herself (Sashihara) ,
    she said , ” Everything is not true but, some people who believes about this article misunderstood it and I have no choice ” .

This talk came out way back 3 or 4 years ago when Sashihara was still a trainee , that as AKB48 members are reflecting in their lack of self-awareness .
    Sashihara had a 1 yellow card that is likely to be considered as a stern warning .

Rino Sashihara’s ” high spirit ” of ” The feeling of I won’t give up whatever will happen ”
    ” is a role model as AKB’s member .
    I hope that this strength will convey the juniors ,
    I decided to transfer her to the HKT48 which was formed just recently .
    There are some people who said ” demotion ” to her , It’s rude to the members of HKT48 , staff and their fans .
    We have a long meeting and we came out to a conclusion , and I think it is a good motivation to the young members of HKT48 and a new challenge for Rino Sashihara .

To those fans who made Sashihara to be a 4th placer , but ,
    How far you will say that you are ” incompetent ” ?
    With this kind of important time .
    But , It’s Sashihara .
    May be she will become a leader in HKT48 strongest group someday .
    Or may be she will mingle in the strongest group of HKT48 .

Please give Rino Sashihara a warm care as the AKB’s least ” member who doesn’t response from an expectation “

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

dude, it was 3-4 years ago.

it's like if you're just about to graduate from university and then all of a sudden someone sends a report to your chancellor saying that you cheated on a history exam in high school. and then all the other students want to void all the work you did at the university.

i also find it awkward that people are demanding answers to questions that are considered social faux pas.

if you're dating a girl and you meet an old guy friend of hers, asking her if she had sex with him is just really offensive.

8. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I think AKI-P really missed up this time. I think the underlying reasons why AKB is such a success is because fans thought these are real IDOLS and not fake ones like from the past. The phrase "IDOLS you can meet" is a break away from the old school Idols of Matsuda Seiko types.

AKB Fans picked from dozens of girls who they liked rather than being force fed a false image that the producers think you'll like. The handshake events lets fans see the Idol up close and actually talk to their Idol. All of this to bring reality to the world of IDOLS. But as AKB grew so did the difference between the popular members and the unpopular ones. By the time NMB and HKT came into existence, All the girls were fighting for screen time and trying their best to sell themselves when they got the spot light. The girls started becoming fake because that's the only way for many to rise in rank.

Now we are full circle back to the Matsuda Seiko days. All the new girls are inventing personalities to try and rise up the ranks. Any AKB rule of conduct are thrown out the door for important girls and AKI-P would gladly lie and shove situation under the carpet to keep the profits rolling in. And what are the facts? So far she made a friend during KKS. If AKI-P knows that facts let it out. Fire Sasshi if she violtaed the Boyfriend rule; clear her name if she didn't. In today's AKB, the truth doesn't even matter. Just like the Idols of old. lol.

I think this will rock AKB's popularity. It's not Sasshi's fault, Sasshi is limited to her career. This is the fault of AKB management losing the original concept that won them their fans in the first place. "Idols you can meet".

9. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ While I agree with you about the the billng of idols as "real idols" in AKB has shown its limit, and people are discovering the reality can be more complicated and gray than the image they see. However, Sasshi's case does not have to do with the argument that the popular girls fighting to the top and thus needs to invent personalities, because Sasshi's breaking the rule happened before she was popular so whatever invention she engaged she did it in KKS days. The fact that she is popular and AKB is popular of course invites troublemaker to target them, but I don't see how a mistake committed by Sasshi when she was KKS could lead to the case that we are coming full circle. If anything, AKB is still heads and shoulders above the "manufactured idols" days in 70s/80s because fans now have a lot more opportunities to interact with their idol and observe what idols do and say. The channel is much more open now -- and as the fight against censorship in Google+ proved, the girls actually treasure the freedom to interact with fans in virtual space, something that is neither possible nor deemed desirable back in Matsuda Seiko's days.

And while I agree that the actual facts are lost in the whole handling of the issue, I still believe that the matter is not as clear cut as violate->fire -- chewybacca wrote an excellent analysis about the pros and cons of various punishment earlier in this thread and I recommend you take a look.

Hmm...I don't think the example quite fits. High school and University are governed by different rule and University does not hold jurisdiction to high school, whereas Sasshi was already in AKB when she broke the rule and the same rule applies to KKS and regular member. If we want to stick to an example of university, then make it cheating in the 1st year.

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^not quite, because she was a kenkyuusei not a full member when it happened.

11. ET920

ET920 Member

Poor HKT girls, they keep trying to reassure fans that they won't change just because a heavyweight comes to them. They cannot congratulate Sasshi (not really proper due the circumstances), but neither they can take pity on her, as their fans are kind of forcing them to shun her even before she arrived there. Lots of "I won't change", "I know who I am", "This won't change us", "We will continue on", etc. If anything, the move made the HKT girls a tighter group, which would also make Sasshi have a really tough time being accepted.

The HKT girls are pretty much unknown, they can walk the street without being recognized, but Sasshi is completely the opposite. It will be hard for them to hang out with Sasshi (besides the age difference, just the contrary of Maachan, it is hard to hang out with people much younger or older than you). Fortunately, her personality should make the change simpler than, say, if Harukyan (someone with a huge ego) or Shiichan (someone bound to be depressed) were the ones being transferred.

12. scittles

scittles Kenkyuusei

lolwut :fp: :fp: :fp:
    Is it "blame other people for your own screwups" day?

13. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Here's a question:

would you rather rank 4th but exiled to an almost unknown group of girls?

or

rank 64th, no scandal, but nobody really cares that much about you...?

14. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Aaah...i see, but this happened when she had joined AKB no?

15. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

LMAO~ you trolling?~ [hehe] [hehe]

16. willdo

willdo Kenkyuusei

??? Did you seriously mean that? :fp:

17. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

I have come to the conclusion that I will continue to support Sasshi.

All I had to do was to imagine this situation as if she's my real life girlfriend. Let's say I have an amazing girlfriend who makes me happy and who I love very much ... she made some stupid mistake when she was 15 and got found out ... and *maybe* she lies about some stuff about her past such as her ex. Will I forgive her and still love her? And my answer is an absolute yes.

I really couldn't care less if an amazing girlfriend whom I love has an ex, makes some stupid mistakes when she was young, and maybe lies about some stuff sometimes. It doesn't change how amazing she *is* right now and how she makes me happy all the time. And as many said before ... no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone lies at some things in their life. So after all ... I have to say to Sasshi ... soredemo suki dayo!

Sashihara Rino of HKT48, I will continue to support you! ^_^

18. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

you should ask the university of memphis how they feel about derrick rose, his SAT scores, and their 2007-2008 season =)

but honestly i'm more or less thinking about the age at which it happened. i did a lot of dumb stuff when i was 17, and i was a much different person at 21, let alone now.

19. ET920

ET920 Member

Technically, the analogy would be somewhat different: you have been dating a girl since 2008, and discovered that during the first year of your relationship you were regularly cheated. [aup]

20. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

AkiP announced that Sashihara got her first yellow card for this scandal matter. It means if she causes another trouble in the future, she would get kicked out of AKB48 groups.