Takayanagi Akane (Churi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 13, 2009.

1. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Re: Takayanagi Akane / Team KII

Truly stunning. Her last year's speech won me over and I'm glad that she's in UG.

I couldn't get over how pretty she is in the election day.

2. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

For a person who had been expecting Churi to rank at least 15th.. I'M CRUSHED.

Okay now seriously, I don't think 24th is that bad of a position. Sure it may mean that she's dropped one rank as opposed to the year before, a rank of 23rd, but look at the number of KII members that rose up that day. Honestly, I think she's much happier for her teammates than her friends. I might not know how she truly feels, but I think she should feel that way, because it feels right. :lol:

By the way, she looks just amazing in the outfit that day. I notice all higher members get a special outfit of their own, but hers "sorta" looked the most gracious (a close competitor to Rena).

3. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Like you I'm glad and sad at the same time by the news.
    I'd think 20th is note so much to ask.

4. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

Manatsu no Sounds Good outfits. <3

5. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

Sure doesn't feel like it (although the white does agree with you). :awesome:

Anyway, I found this little thing while scouring around YT for some stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk9-xVEk ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy!

6. joe.48

joe.48 Kenkyuusei

If you guys havent read her blog yet, Akane wrote a long, heartfelt entry expressing her disappointment with not making senbatsu.
    here's the translated entry (cr: gekikaraclub.tumblr)
    http://gekikaraclub.tumblr.com/post/246 ... anes-ameba

she did not show on stage but I knew she was... keep working hard Churi!! next year you will make it!!

7. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

Dang, you beat me to it. Should I place a spoiler-ed version here? Seems problematic to read one entire pile of text like that. In any case..

Personal response
    I really think she did well. Sure it may not be favorable to have dropped a rank, or to have missed the senbatsu line by just a little, but it's very well an AKB event after all. She shouldn't be sad (though I understand why) just because she didn't make it in! What she should be happy about is that she's got a solid place as the girl next to the Matsuis, and a very adept leader of Team KII.

24th is already a strong place, and given how she and the rest of SKE48 have displaced so many other members like nobody's business while leading the big streak.. That's something she should be proud of. In the end though, it would be sweet to see Akane in senbatsu. Until next year then; ALL THE BEST!

PS: The post makes good motivation. It's a reason one should not just stop there; but keep going.

8. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Personally I was thinking Churi would be higher up as well, but in hindsight, it's still a good effort, as I believe that the big rise in other SKE members (Airin, Kuumin, Yuria, Ogichan) would've affected her results. I don't believe that all those amounts of votes for them members are from new fans, but perhaps from fans who may not have known too much about SKE and those members last year, and instead voted for Churi & Rena primarily, but have now formed new favorites over this past year which has been very big for SKE.

Looking at the figures, Churi gained roughly 3000 votes and Rena gained around 6000 whilst members like Airin and Yuria and Ogichan basically jumped into the top 32 with votes of 10,000+ each.

But yeah, I agree with MShunters above^, seeing SKE name called one after the other in Undergirls, i was loving it. I'm really looking forward to the undergirls song, with such a diverse mix; of two NMB aces, AKB members like Sayaka, Yuttan, Akicha, Paruru etc. & all them SKE girls it will be great no doubt! I know not all members can rank obviously, but I'm very happy for the ones who did, (was expecting Non higher though..). Hopefully Churi can reach her goal of senbatsu next year!

[​IMG]

9. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

^
    To add to the details, some people are always forgetting that Churi is a natural SKE senbatsu. :awesome:

Has always been, still is, and will be in all upcoming lineups. And she don't need no push for that. :lol:

EDIT: Where did you get the collection of weird faces from?

10. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Here's the original image. Some of them are amazing, especially the bottom row :D

[​IMG]

11. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

This is some epic stuff. :lol:

I'm so going to have to make something out of this where I can. But worry not! I will not make it look any similar to yours. Thanks so much!

The ridiculous faces are just.. Well, ridiculous. The only plain one I see there is Rena. Sawako doesn't look very much like Sawako there.

#endofftopic

12. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna

The outfits are what they wear during Manatsu no Sounds good performances in TV and in concerts. So basically, the ones with the "special outfits" are Managuu's senbatsu. :)

13. oddball

oddball Member

It's had what to think about Churi's performance in the election this year, in an odd way she was almost kibnda overlooked, what With the SKE run in the lower end of the UG's and Airin's performance she was almost in a way just there......

I'm pretty happy with her rank myself though, she was always one of the ones who might have problems with the votes being a bit more open, and with the likes of Shiorin and Airin picking up votes you feel as though Churi might of had votes taken away from her in some ways, so overall I think Churi did fine, and hopefully she can push on for next year!

14. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

No... the only plain one is "western ponkotsu" Nnnnnnmanatsuuuuuuu. I cannot even tell if she has made any effort... At least Rena was trying...

Anyway, Churi is definitely not happy with the result as she made plain in her speech and after election comments (the one she gave to Shukan Playboy is particularly bitter). She has long been placed by fans and management as the 3rd key member of SKE after Rena and Jurina and I believe she may have been too optimistic after the prelim result, not knowing that in case of SKE the likelihood for the ranking is mostly down in the final result. Apparently she held some big hope of placing within 20th and beating the NMB twin top and team 4. Actually I never thought it would be likely as I thought the NMB twin aces should be placed even higher while in my prediction I placed her at 23th (so not far from her actual position). Also the wall from the good old Okaro, Mocchi, Amina is easy to underestimate. I guess this time it is more a case of misplaced hope. If she had been more clearheaded about her chance she should not feel so disappointed. Personally I am overjoyed to hear eight SKE members called out in a row though.

15. oddball

oddball Member

^

Yeah Churi was definately not that happy with her result, as you say a lot of it might have come from the prelims and those building up too much confidence for her.....

16. oddball

oddball Member

Churi's new hair!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:inlove: :awesome:

17. souji808

souji808 Kenkyuusei

^ :nb: *skyrocketing nosebleed* :nb: i can't beleive churi cut her hair that short so cute

18. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

Regardless of how much she hoped, and as enthusiastic I may be, I still say she's the 3rd and that counts as an achievement. A lesson once told me it's never about personal success. When in a group, help each other and strive for glory, not butt your way to the top within the group. Again I insist, 24th is already a pretty awesome rank. One needs to remember this is still an AKB election. If this was an SKE election, well you all Churi fans (incl. me) know what to expect, right?

So my comment here, although I'm equally unhappy she didn't make at least 20th, she shouldn't be this disappointed just because of a measly rank title thingy. There's more to life than just a number. I'm the kind of person who dislikes pointless disappointment and the occasional overconfidence. I keep telling myself and my brothers that it's not over until it's over. Nothing's certain until the very last moment. Hope should not be placed like this. I for one, am proud that so many SKE members stormed the house that very night. Who knows if it will ever happen again? I don't; so that's where I'm headed.

Oh, and I'm just quoting because this piece of text is a very easy summary of what everyone's been saying lately. I have absolutely no intention of pinpointing any specific person here.

So as a summary of what I think:
    - 3rd SKE member position pretty much secure; and she's got to be proud of that somehow
    - 24th is a decent position given how it's an AKB election in the first place
    - I'm still unhappy because it was a rank drop and not at least 20th
    - She might be my oshi and the one person I really admire, but I don't like the way she reacted
    - It's just an election, and there's more to life than just some measly number
    - If it's one thing I could tell her personally, it's that nothing's certain until it happens
    - Congratulations, and yet I feel somewhat disappointed for this year's results
    - There's always next time, and there's always your fans to support you regardless of rank
    - I'm also sure someone's about to criticize me for being so mean, insensitive, etc., but think about it

19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

^I don't think her ranking as third is that secure if Hata was the one ranking 25th. I guess she was hoping to get a gap closer to Rena and Jurina.

20. oddball

oddball Member

I agree with mieniem on this, while her rank was not disastrous in itself you know that Churi wanted to be that bit closer to WMatsui, when what happened in actual fact was that they got further away again.....

not only that but there is also a bunch of SKE girls behind her now who have caught up..... Still that being done she does hold that 3rd highest rank atm so it's still ok.......