Sashihara Rino (Sasshi) / AKB 5th Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by makistar, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: Sashihara Rino / Team A

Now that begs the question from me - "What exactly are perspective and truth?"

And no, I'm not trying to be an ass-hat here. I just wanna try to be on the same page with other people here. (Or at least within the same chapter.) Because from past experience, I've found that some arguments can be avoided if people in the discussion can agree on definitions.

2. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya

You don't have to be on the bandwagon or off it. People also aren't just haters or not.

3. m3l

m3l Kenkyuusei

At first I feel sorry for her but the news of she's going to release 2nd single really iritate me... I still think whoever leaked those pictures are low people, but management just [puke]

If it happens to my oshi, I would still react the same way in regards to the 2nd single. It's just inappropriate :fp:

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Cristafari: The "rule against love" is really a "rule against your love life seeing the light of day". I bet management themselves couldn't care less about whether the girls had a boyfriend at some point or not. It's a rule for the good of the fans. Obviously, with 200+ girls there'll be some that are dating or have dated while in AKB. And I'm sure there's a few we'll never hear about because it's all nicely under wraps. And as long as it stays that way it didn't happen.
    I think we're all good with it being that kind of fantasy, but management isn't consistent in keeping that fantasy alive. They're not quite playing by their own rules. 

The biggest fans are often the biggest supporters of the rules and when something like this happens it's a big dilemma. It's a double standard to preach the rules and then not act accordingly when it affects you. While my support for Jurina as a person would remain unchanged, I would very likely not be able to give her my support/value her as an idol or as "Jurina of AKB" (or SKE) because it would go against my understanding of AKB. 

While I feel bad for what's happening to Sasshi, I feel also bad for every other girl in this who does have the necessary self-awareness for not dating someone or getting into some other scandal while they're active. I can imagine a lot of other girls be rather piqued about it. As for HKT... they have to deal with it for now and I don't want to know how their parents feel about the situation.
    Sasshi of course doesn't owe us full disclosure. We don't have to know how she met the guy and what they did in the bedroom. But if she dated, she dated and if she gets asked about it by management she either tells the truth or she lies. And if she didn't lie to management, then management in turn shouldn't lie to us just because it fits their purpose better - that's assuming we're in a situation where the public has already gotten wind of it. The "Sasshi as a moneymaker" argument is very much a valid one, but it's also a wonderful way of pettifogging what happened.

I'm gonna make a very far fetched and technical example here: Let's just assume I'm the president of a big company or some other important person. I steal something from a shop. But because I'm better than everyone else nothing's done about it. 
    Suddenly people start talking about abolishing the law against theft because I stole something - and about how they want others to feel bad for me because I'm a human being too and said I'm sorry.

It's an extreme example because the above is a punishable offense in pretty much every culture if you're a human being. Then again: dating someone is a punishable offense if you're an idol. What I'm implying is not that idols aren't human beings - after all the rules that apply to human beings apply to them too and they can't go around stealing things either. But they're marketed as something that is an elevated form of us. At least that's how the classic definition of an idol (in the English language) goes anyway: as an image of worship; something that is adored often "blindly or excessively". It's management that indoctrinates us into this mindset of "dating = bad" and it's only natural that fans would be taken aback when seeing that the rules have seemingly lost their importance or apply more to those and less to others.

But it's really just an example. Many people will say that the girls "are only people, too". And it's true. They're very normal people just like you and me. And what they do is just their job. It's entertainment. I couldn't support that notion more. But it's a two-sided blade. What they are is one thing, what they represent another. And it's really difficult to find a balance in situations like these once those two factors intertwine.

Anyways... my concern has been directed more at management not properly handling the case rather than Sasshi's immediate actions. She's like a pawn in all of this. 
    I wasn't interested in Sasshi's scandal when it got out and I didn't complain when Aki-p announced that she'd move to HKT. I would have gone with that, knowing what I knew at the time. But it's hard to deny that the thing got to a whole 'nother level in the second week.
    Sometimes it's better not to know a few things.

5. scittles

scittles Kenkyuusei

Well not to step on anyone's toes here, but the way I see it, perspective would be loosely defined as introducing skepticism into AkiP/Management/Sasshi's so-called denial of the facts. The "truth" would be an acknowledgment that the tabloid in question did in fact come up with legitimate photos (see the 2ch comparisons) and therefore the most risque of the photos is also legitimate. The existence of said photograph heavily implies a more deeply involved relationship than was admitted to when the story first broke, making at least one and probably more of the aforementioned trio a liar. After all, such a photo would not logically be sent to another girl, or a non romantically involved boy.

Again, and I hate that I have to keep qualifying myself with this but it's apparently necessary around here, I actually don't personally care about their rule, but this is as damning as the Nacchan/Yonechan evidence, and we all know what happened to them. If there was any consistency, fairness, or integrity within the ranks of AKB's management, then Sasshi's punishment should follow suit. It surely does suck, and I know because I was a non-oshi fan of Nacchan, but I knew then that that's the way it had to be, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be the same now.

6. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

Actually I would like to ask if sashi is now in akb48 or hkt48.
    Because I still see her on commercials etc and I also think that AKS and management are just gonna let this whole thing pass.

Which of course would be unfair to the rest.

I know sashi doesn't need to tell us everything. But they always say its better to let it all out instead of keeping it all in because now she has a lot of stress and she's been hyperventilating. I hope she gets over this whole thing

Actually if this happened to tomomi I would be super sad too however I would forgive her and support her again. So I guess sashi fans should also support her no matter what.

However I think it's that she didn't get punished is the worst. In comparison to the other members sashi photos are far the worst out of all.
    Pressing her boobs together to make them a bit bigger taking photos of her bra seems a bit out of hand

So although I wish this was over for her I think she should be punished either way.

7. ehf

ehf Kenkyuusei

gideon123: The truth is that all the data indicates that she indeed lied, and some of us readers who have a rational perspective so far as I can tell want her to have a gracious exit. This is a very worn territory, but rules are rules and I'd like AKB48 to be a place that cultivates and honours those principles. And the risk of dismissal is dependent on the idol. It's been her responsibility from the beginning.

Therefore, I'm not sure I understand his criticism of displeased fans, they're not asking her to change; They're asking her to simply be honest about who she is and to take responsibility for herself and give some respect to others.

HoneyRoastedPeanuts: Brilliant post.

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Sorry, but may I consider this?
    http://ameblo.jp/sashihara-rino/entry-11286977987.html

I think Sasshi defied the odds and her production succeeded despite the considerable damage made by the earlier incident. For this, she should be congratulated, along with her production team, for pulling off what seemed to be an impossible feat in the idol business.

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

tomo~mi: Sasshi is still a performing Team A member until some date in July. After that she'll leave for Hakata.

10. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

just went to akb48 official website,, sasshi is out of team A... [speechless]

11. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

Ah
    I read somewhere she's lOoking for a new place tO stay

I wonder what Aki p thinks of it as she did apologize and cry again ....

12. kowil

kowil Kenkyuusei

I don't think that Sasshi is right since she broke up the rules, BUT if I am a part of the stakeholder in AKB/AKS/ or whatsoever, I will definitely not allow Sasshi to be graduated.

She's one of the cash maker nowdays, and her graduation will lead everything to the worst condition (from the company's point of view). Sacred Rules, Fans, Integrity my butt...my only concern is maximum profit.

I believe that if the same scandal occurred to the senbatsu members (especially kami7 or popular members), they will absolutely cover them like hell.

Smart move, Aki-P.

13. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

How legit was the Yubi Matsuri? I saw some of the pictures and it's making me excited for the summer. First, you got this. And then next, you got TIF 2012. Hopefully, this might make Yubi Matsuri into its own venue for the summer. And then, summer in Japan becomes IDOL galore.

14. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Opinions like this is part of the reason I want the management to punish Sasshi to save their image. Call me naive or anything, but I (and I guess lots of fans) would like to think that the management do care about the group. I know they care about the profit, of course, it's their business after all, but I'd like to think that they also care about the groups. When they become just normal businessmen who put profit above all, their touch / decisions lose part of its magic - that will hurt the group's image itself in fans' eyes.

Whoever said there has been no damage yet should look at the posts all over the Internet - the one that suggests the girls are dating and fking behind our backs for example. If what AKB (and idols in general) sell is illusion, then incident like this kind of break that illusion. What will be the result? It's hard to say, butterfly effect and all, but I guess we will see how it affect current fanbase (not counting the potential fans yet) by the next single in August. Looking at past years records, it should be selling more than GMF (actually it should be selling even higher than the election single, but I admit 1.6m isn't that easy to break), so if its sales drop to around 1.1m or lower, can we put the blame on this scandal?

15. mr_m

mr_m Kenkyuusei

What if the majority of fans don't care? Please don't point out the vocal of posts because the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I'll explain.

There has been claims that a lot of damage has been done, but I don't see it. Sure, she's lost some fans. Has AKB, itself, been damaged? I don't think so. It's regrettable, but that's how I see it because the majority of fans simply don't care. Hardcore ones, yes. The average joe, I don't think so. The average Oshima oshi or the research student oshi will most likely be an AKB fan for as long as it's around.

Personally, the more I read some posts here... the more I actually like Sashihara. I hardly liked her until a lot of you guys went on this crusade (justifiable or not because I'm not interested in getting caught in that dispute), but it sent me on the path to support her. I think that's something else to consider. There will be fans that will not support her anymore yet it compels fans like me to support her. Strange yet true.

On another note, because many of you feel so strongly about Sashihara not being punished enough, I honestly think it puts off her supporters and they don't feel like posting anything on her own thread. Just something to consider because I haven't been an active member on this board yet I've been lurking around here far longer. I also commend user Cristafari for actually saying something. I don't care if anything he says has merit or is viewed as emotional drivel. I could be wrong, but I felt that his post was belittled (albeit not directly, but I can totally feel it). Maybe you guys are totally right, but I doubt Cristafari wants to post anything for while after looking at your responses. I think Cristafari kept quiet all this time and when he finally said something [worried]

I apologize in advance if my post is equated as useless as well. I can consider your perspective so I'd hope you think about Cristafari as well. You don't have to agree with him, but at least think about it. We're all one big family here.

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

As for the average Joe, you're absolutely correct. Then again the average Joe doesn't post on an AKB forum, right? Or are you talking about this member? ;)

Don't worry, Cristafari is not that thin-skinned. He's one of our most valued members and his post is as valid as (almost) anyone's. He's absolutely right when he calls for a little compassion. I would advise anyone here to try for some of that. 

But that doesn't mean that it can all turn into this laissez-faire situation. I for one have a very set stance towards there being a clear line between what Cristafari calls "young girls with thoughts, feelings and fears" (and maybe even some nude photos in the past) and the girls on stage (the "fantasy" part). There's reality and then there's the image. The rules exist so this line is protected.

17. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48

@ Chiuchimu

I do not wish to create trouble here with anyone. I am just asking you not to spark negative feelings in others as they may be quite emotionally attached to the group. I humbly apologize if I sounded arrogant trying to talk you down but the way all the posts were going the few days were quite based on personal emotions, the hate or pain people felt after the news.

18. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Don't believe the BS. Yubi Matsuri was awesome!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAzLz52g_Bo[/yt]

19. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^ Yes, it was. However, what does it matter to current situation? The one who complained about her wouldn't come, and not everyone who came were AKB fans.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

I'm pretty sure it was awesome. The groups and set list don't suggest otherwise. I'd be into that - if only I was into other idol acts. :p