[CONCERT] AKB48 in TOKYO DOME: Tickets and Planning

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Re: [CONCERT] AKB48 in TOKYO DOME ~1830m no Yume~ (12/08/24-

It's rare that any AKB48 concert event has ticket sales more than 3 weeks before the event. As for Super Enpou, it's pretty standard that winners are announced only 10 days before the event.

I think I mentioned way earlier in the thread (or another concert thread maybe). If you plan to try for Super Enpou, it's best to either plan on being in Japan during that time for vacation/travel, or be willing to pay the cost of a last minute trip.

2. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

I think the reason for such short term announcements for SE is they think that fans already booked tickets to Japan and will arrive here if they win or not. Which might make sense for the Theater but for this concert they need to make the announcement much earlier since people will arrive just for the concert in many cases. Also many hotels have already been booked out for that weekend not to mention how expensive the airfare will get the closer you have to book tickets.

3. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

I was referring to Super Enpou for events and not the theater.

Both for the Election and Request Hour, I was notified 10 days before. The only time that didn't happen was Minogashita last year, but then this year they went back to the usual routine - apply 12 days before and get results 10 days before.

And honestly - I've never really seen a huge difference in airfare and hotels when booking 1-2 months in advance versus 10 days in the States. In fact, sometimes last minute ends up being cheaper because they are trying to fill the planes. My cheapest flight ever was booked less than 24 hours in advance.

4. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

I wasn't referring to your post in mine. I was just posting my thoughts on why SE should be sooner rather then later especially for concerts.

5. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

I think the main reason for last minute SE tickets is to make sure people who applies for them are actually going to be there. Because those who applies either already have plans to be there, or is willing to spend extra money for a last minute trip.

6. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

Ah - sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, it would be nicer if they would announce these things in advance. But to that effect...

I think this is why. When HRP asked tgsk about Super Enpou, he did mention there were a lot of cancellations. That's the one reason I could see them not offering tickets outside of the official shops, because it looks like those will be paid for in advance.

Now that cancel machi results are out, I'm hoping for an announce for a general public lottery/sales in the next few days. If that happens, Super Enpou (if it happens) should be announced shortly thereafter.

7. iolo-

iolo- Kenkyuusei

People may cancel because, it is annonce only 10 days before...which is understandable... In my case to be there the for the weekend, I need to ask for dayoff on Friday and Monday as it take me more than half a day to get there...+8hour time zone...so I actually lose a day to arrive in Tokyo.
    And the thing is that I need to ask for those as holiday...sometimes your job don't allow it, if you don't plan it in advance enough and you can't do nothing about it.

If they annonce it sooner, they should provide a way to pay in advance during a couple of days with a policy such as no cancellation allowed if the ticket has been paid and nominated those tickets to avoid resellers.
    If they didn't sold them, they roll it back again. At least, those tickets will be paid even if the person doesn't go.
    There are not too many SE tickets anyway... and this case could be solution for them and for us.
    Because the system right now is too disadvantagous for Super SE like me or other people living at the other side of the globe ! [boom]

8. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

^^ Yes exactly.Also many don't have the luxury to head to Tokyo 10 days in advance or do multiple visits to japan every year where you can end up getting into something akb related. Planning must be done as many have work and school. I think they can easily have a payment system where you can pay in advance then bring a number to get you ticket on the day of with information check(solves resell issue). If you win and don't pay then they can do another lottery along side the fan club one and have you put in a deposit which you lose if you refuse to pay upon winning the lottery. In fact they should have SE before anything else and then move on to domestic ticketing. That is if they do it at all.

9. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

I don't get it.. you knew the dates of the concert several months in advance. Just request the days off and plan accordingly. PTO can be canceled. So can plane tickets if you don't buy non-refundable tickets. The price difference should be well worth not dealing scheduling headaches if they're that bad. And let's face it, if you're gonna take a trip around the world for a concert, then money probably isn't the biggest concern. You can't put the blame entirely on management.

10. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

We sort of lucked out and found out about tickets before we purchased airfare, but we had already planned to book flight as soon as the price looked best and worst case scenario, we would just pay the cancellation fee and transfer the flight cost to a future flight. We also planned on booking a hotel in advance and cancel no risk, if we needed to. Fortunately, we got tickets before that point so we were really lucky.

11. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

We did a similar planning, as soon as we know the time of the concert we booked our flight and hotel. We know that it's not for sure we will get tickets to the concert, but we know we want to be there anyway for touring, etc. Unfortunately, being a oversea fan is an expensive hobby. And now with ID check, getting a concert ticket is even tougher even if you are willing to spend. I think the best way is to offer ticket lotteries to oversea fans like they have for Japan FC members. However, I don't think they actually want to deal with oversea credit card.

12. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

See, that's reasonable. I think that's the minimum people should be doing if they absolutely had to go to any event. But for people to say it's a total waste to plan a trip without getting actual concert tix first is absurd. They can't expect everything to be spoon fed and handed everything, especially for things they are passionate about.

I'm not saying we don't need better options. We really really do. I'm just a bit confused as to why some people are unwilling to do their due dilligence to make sure they can attend if given the opportunity.

13. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48

It seems to be a regular Japanese xenophobe thing regarding international fans. But the market certainly isn't big enough to warrant a full scale operation like the Japanese one. But as far as I know, for the Shanghai store there was a lotto and a package you could buy. The package guaranteed a ticket to third day (but is expensive) and the lotto results were suddenly announced without them actually posting about the lotto first.

But luckily I booked my flight in advance so I only pay 600 instead of 800 (still ridiculous cause I flew from NY to Tokyo for that price and that journey is like 7 times longer x_x)

14. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

Not sure if this is directed at me.
    I never blamed management if you are indeed referring to me. I am simply saying there are better ways for them to handle SE and i made suggestions towards that to make it easier on the international fans. As far as booking i myself already booked for other things to begin with (my interest in japan expands far beyond just AKB48 and Jpop) though for many that just want to see AKB48 it is difficult to set something up around that which i feel should not be and my posts were directed at that.

15. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Now, I think some people here may be overlooking a few things regarding fans from other countries.
    Let me explain what hapened to me this year and why it's not so easy to plan things months in advance.
    From the 25 of March I decided that I had to go to Japan to see a AKB event no matter what. Like everybody here, what I wanted to see was the Tokyo Dome concert, but I knew from the start that getting tickets should be close to impossible.
    So, I had a choice, either trying to go see a minor event or just try for Tokyo Dome. Because I was not ready to bet on the low probability of getting tickets for the concert I tried all the others events from March to today.
    I don't know how things work on others countries, but in mine we need to set our vacations around February/March. That means my vacations were already planned before the 25 of March. It also means that while I would be able to take some days off it would have to be coordinated with my collegues at work. August is the main month for vacations in the north hemisphere. That means it's very hard to take vacations/days off whenever you like.
    In April I got lucky enough to win a ticket to a-nation (all thanks to this forum for let me know about that event). In this event they had a lottery for people overseas (in April I believe). I got a ticket, paid it in advanced, and I will pick it up at the event with the code they gave me and my passport.
    A-nation (AKB's part) is on 10 of August. This weekend I will travel to Japan and probably will see the concert before management anounces anything about SE for Tokyo Dome. Of course because I'm going to Japan next week, that means I had to give up on the idea of getting tickets for Tokyo Dome.
    So, as you can see it's not that easy to "plan things in advance". There are lots of things that need to be taken care of that need some guarantee that it's not for nothing. Announcing things sooner and having a ticket system like the one for a-nation whould help lots of people that would love to go and see their concerts. I'm guessing that because a-nation is a "international" event they care more for overseas fans than AKB.

Sorry, I basically edited all the text because it was full of errors. Hurry is enemy of perfection. :D

16. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48

ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11317574625.html

Special "dead corner seats" and "sounds only seats" will be raffled off. Dead corner seats are on the edge where you can see girls preparing to enter the stage, views may be blocked due to equipments. Sound only seats are seated facing the back of the stage.

17. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

For those who apply through oversea shops, anyone won the tickets?

18. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

Not me. But people certainly won tickets, seem like tons of fans in HK are having trouble getting tickets

19. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48

I missed it yesterday, but there will be a normal lotto round later. But probably shouldn't get your hopes up if you already failed both rounds of FC since it's gonna be like... the same :D

20. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

An enquiry:

Will there be concert goods sold? How is the queue like?