[CONCERT] AKB48 in TOKYO DOME: Tickets and Planning

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Misaki94

Misaki94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    Misaki94
    Re: [CONCERT] AKB48 in TOKYO DOME ~1830m no Yume~ (12/08/24-

first come first serve...On 8/16 15:00 (JST) it's gonna be a war [rock]

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ I agree that its all or nothing...

but there is cancel macchi this time too.... which is a lottery... although I don't many people will cancel....

And just so the details are written here in the thread:

General admission tickets go on sale:

Thursday 16 August 15:00 JST

http://Pia.Jp/t/akb48-td/

Waiting list tickets lottery applications:

Thursday 16 August 15:00 JST - Monday 20 August 12:00 JST

Thanks petelechem for letting us all know! So nervous...

3. Azarashi

Azarashi Kenkyuusei

So I have a person in Japan who will buy the tickets for me... Should we register pia account on my name, or his name will be fine and it's possible to enter other name when you buy the tickets?

4. ricshos

ricshos Kenkyuusei

i would definitely not even try to risk anything going wrong and I would just register the account with my own name...

5. ricshos

ricshos Kenkyuusei

does anyone remember how long you have to go to family mart and pay for the ticket from the time you order it online? i don't arrive until the 21 at night and i think it'd be too late by then...

6. Azarashi

Azarashi Kenkyuusei

will he be able to get the tickets without me being around this way?

7. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48

The person only needs your number and pay for it and then the tickets are printed automatically and he can pick it up

8. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

@ricshos Pia doesn't use familymart for payment but they use the other conbinis. primarily Seven Eleven.
    Y ou will probably have to pay within 2 days on the date you apply i.e by the end of the 18th August.

@Azarashi Is your friend intending to go to the concert with you? If not you would need to apply in your name, if you are going together then either name is fine. If it is in your name your friend can still go and pay for it you will just need to let him know the number to pay at the conbini.

Just a general thing, whenever i've tried a first come first served ticket sale the server load is very high and you will get lots of errors but just have to keep trying until you get through (if you even get through).

9. Misaki94

Misaki94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    Misaki94

I just registered on Pia website and I have set my credit card in my account, so can't we just pay by credit card ? [worried]

10. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I only glanced over the registration process for Pia, but it looks like we still need to have a friend in Japan for this, even disregarding how someone would pay? After all, it looks like at the minimum I need a postal code + Japanese phone number. Or am I reading this wrong?

11. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

The site used to reject foreign credit cards during the initial authorization - but mine just went through as well. It's possible that you may be able to use a non-Japanese MC/VISA to purchase tickets, but it also possible that it will be rejected when the actual sale is done (may want to call your credit card company to ensure they are ready to accept a payment from Japan, it's not unusual for overseas sales to set off their fraud alert).

Since there will be a small window in which to get through and get a ticket, I would recommend being prepped to use either the credit card route or the conbini route.

Yes. I haven't encountered a major ticket site that works with overseas phone numbers and addresses. It's usually not an issue, as long as you don't select the option to have tickets delivered.

On another note: Caine's info about Super Enpou was accurate. I was hoping the ticket office confused about the process, but we're well inside of the window where it would be offered.

Which is a shame because this is the first time in over a year where it hasn't been an option. I hope this is not a sign of things to come for special events.

12. iolo-

iolo- Kenkyuusei

So let me resume.

2012.08.16 15:00 JST, Tickets will be available online on Pia website which allows foreign credit cards right ?
    No Japanese address or phone number will be required right ?

So, all I need, If I get a ticket, is to give my friend in Japan the number to go print my ticket at a combini within 2 days, is that correct ? (if my visa card works)

Or Pia just give you a number (If I can claim one) and my friend need to go pay at a combini ?

Please tell me if I get something wrong. !
    If someone can help for the steps to create an account on Pia would be great as well

13. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Wow, I really hope more S48 members can get their hands on tickets. I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you there. Unless I manage to find an AKB T-shirt that I will wear to the concert, I plan on wearing the same shirt the girls wore for their 2nd encore at Washington D.C. I will definitely stand out among the many other fans there with that shirt on .

14. Misaki94

Misaki94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    Misaki94

maybe all these japanese website are improving their system to facilitate the process for the foreigners because for the theater edition of 1830m album I have been able to pay on chara-ani.com with my non-japanese credit card (the sale has not been rejected) and apparently this option was not available before (it was only "cash on delivery")

15. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ Thats good to hear about using a non-Japanese credit card for Chara-ani :)

I just registered for PIA, and you still need a Japanese address and phone number to register. Like Tensai, I registered my non-Japanese credit card there instead of selecting conbini payment. But, well, lets see what happens, as he said, you never know if it'll go through in the end...

16. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

I did some digging and it looks like other overseas fans of other rock groups have successfully used foreign credit cards with Ticket Pia. Something must have changed late last year, as it didn't work when I tried for a-nation 2011 tickets.

However, they do stress that you want to contact your credit card provider and ensure they will not reject international charges.

You are still going to need a Japanese address and phone number to set up the account.

The 48-72 hour window (varies) usually only applies to payment. If you win and payment is accepted, you'll get the code and the timeline of when you can go pick-up tickets. Usually pick-up starts a few days before until the event is over.

The ePlus pick-up window doesn't close until 24 hours after the event ends. :lol:

17. Shiryuu

Shiryuu Kenkyuusei

Does anyone have problem registering an account at Pia?

I keep getting this error: お客様は既に本サービスに利用登録されています。

and I don't understand why...like my name has been taken or what?

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ I think you get that error when you use a phone number that somebody else has already used. Each account has to be tied to a different Japanese phone number...

19. Shiryuu

Shiryuu Kenkyuusei

Really? Phone number must be unique?

Damn, what other number can I used other than the hotel number i am staying [worried]

*Edited

I used the fax machine number, it went through.

I got a question.

After the account has been set up, How do I set payment option?

My 「よく使う」決済方法 is indicated blank but
    My 「よく使う」引取方法 is indicated セブン-イレブンで発券
    My 登録決済方法 is blank

Am I doing it right?

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

As long as you decide on a method of payment when you apply for the ticket, these settings can be left like this.

Please PM me if you think there are more steps that you will need help with.