[CONCERT] AKB48 in TOKYO DOME: Tickets and Planning

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Hmmm...

Now what if someone out there really sucks at articulating their feelings, but REALLY had their life changed by AKB? Like...being inspired enough to take a chance to make their life better? What then?

And what do you tell the other people who don't get the ticket? Like, "Sorry, bro. Your essay was not compelling enough. (Though what I really mean to say is that I don't think you love AKB or your oshi enough :nasty: )"

I mean, I'm not trying to troll you maliciously. But rather it's more like, I'm trying express my own apprehensions with the selection process by poking fun at the absurdity of some extreme cases.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I suggested to ithebigc that he might give his ticket to someone who would later post about his experience on the forum, ideally a member who hasn't been to a show or concert yet.

If you really had your life changed by AKB, you'll be able to articulate it.

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    No, no, I understand. No hard feelings :D

If they really had their life changed by AKB, I sincerely hope that they're able to talk and share about the experience. If it had that much of an impact, I expect them to be able to express it. They may be bad at articulating themselves, and maybe their writing won't be as concise, but I really think their feelings will get through. I also didn't confirm the availability until today, but it's not like this was a surprise sprung upon them, they've had over a day to think about it and write because I detailed the process earlier. If it was something truly important to them, I'd have expected them to start thinking about it when I announced it, whether or not that ticket continued being available in the end, so...if they didn't put in the necessary time to write a well-written piece, then I can't help that.

About the second part, I've always emphasized that this is not a fair process and I wish I could take everyone, but I only have 1 extra. If they don't get selected, it's not because they don't love their oshi or AKB enough (because I can't measure that through one small writing piece), and I keep reemphasizing that. Don't twist my words to make it sound like what you wrote, because that's not what it is. At all. That's something I would never say to another fan (well, unless you pirate everything, in which case, yeah, you don't care about your oshi enough :hehe: ) For the most part, I think the people PMing me have understood that

4. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

it's getting close to show time, I wonder if he already picked someone... well whoever gets it hopefully enjoys the concert.

5. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Not yet, no. If I pick someone, I'm going to let people know so I don't leave them hanging. I have homework due in the US at 11 pm (3 pm here in Japan) so I've been working on that, but I keep getting distracted by stage48 -__- I have read all the entries so far, just waiting until deadline to choose, though I also want to take a shower before heading over to Tokyo Dome so that gives them a bit extra time.

6. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Winner has been decided. Congratulations Shiryuu! I've PMed you details, I'm going to take a shower then rush over to meet you. Everyone else, I'm really really sorry, and I'll send all of you a personal note when I get back. I received several well written entries, but Shiryuu's paragraph about what Acchan means to him was particularly nice.

7. Pollinic

Pollinic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Oh well. Thanks for giving the chance. Have fun in there, and I expect a report after!

8. 420722

420722 Kenkyuusei

Thank you for giving me a chance. Hope you guys had fun! I'll be listening from outside the dome like the last two days. lol

9. windal

windal Kenkyuusei

Finally got into the concert. It costed me a small fortune but it's all worth it to see acchan live.

There was an Id check when I entered and I was lucky I bought a no name ticket.
    Can't wait for the concert to start now... Another 1 hour 15 minutes...

10. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Everyone, let's meet for dinner then, after the concert? Let's say, by the sign where they list all the goods for sale?

11. jocelyne03

jocelyne03 Kenkyuusei

Hehe saw it too late. Congrats shiryuu! I'll probably see everyone tomorrow

12. Pollinic

Pollinic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I went to see a crappy movie instead. Heading back home tomorrow. You can stalk me on TV again.