1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Kyulmie

Kyulmie Kenkyuusei

Re: Team A - Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi)

^x3
    I mean the way AKB's management is treating her - it's no different than what they did to Sayaka and Myao. All 3 of them received push from management. For Sayaka, that push stops after River, when she was replaced in senbatsu. For Myao, after the 2010's sousenkyou and Heavy Rotation, she also stopped appearing in senbatsu. For Chiyuu, it's the same case. She was out of senbatsu in UZA. And based on her position in ManaGuu, was not a media senbatsu, it is clear that her senbatsu time is up. Her push stopped. After being out from senbatsu, Sayaka continued to rank in senbatsu in sousenkyo, but to no avail. Same with Chiyuu. After being removed from media senbatsu in Managuu, she ranked #12. But was she included in UZA? No.

2. songbac

songbac Kenkyuusei

i don't want to believe, why it happen? why is today?? :( :( :(

i know someday she'll graduate but i'm very shock, when i knew the news, i cry

3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

With all the graduations now, I feel like this vid is very much on topic.

Kasai's graduation is (after maachan's, ofc) the hardest hitting for me, for I liked her for quite some time, and my eyes were on her the whole time she was on stage at JE '09

4. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    The worst thing that i can read today.
    My second favorite...
    I ... i can´t believe this ... what is happening in AKB?!

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

But UZA was different, no? It was the first single without Acchan so management needed to put on a strong front, and that they did by inviting the top 2 of each sister group. They wanted the wow factor, and they delivered it in spades, it was my favorite AKB single ever because it was so epic. It was a gathering of the major players of the major players, which I don't think Kasai has ever really reached. And then janken is out of her/management's control. I mean, I would completely agree if she was also left out of the upcoming February single, which should be the first "normal" AKB single after Acchan's graduation, but so far, I haven't really seen management dropping support necessarily.

6. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

when acchan graduated....
    i was so sad

now... its tomomi turn ><

i wonder if she will have a good career though i htink she will as she has been appearing in quite a lot of places now

but..... will her graduation take place next year????? or what and i hope they give her farewell song or something she does deserve one as she is also very popular...

7. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

We call it Acchan Effect, it's like dominos reaction

8. yozikzo

yozikzo Kenkyuusei

chiyu :(
    why...

9. maskedapple

maskedapple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina

2 of my favourite akb members graduate within a year. Yup.

But meh, given the entire 10,000yen challenge thing im not ... as shocked as i would have been if she announced it out of the blue. Besides she has her dolo debut lined up.

... Oh wait. Wait.
    Well, a sudden thought struck my mind. Could it be a popularity stint by her company? Idk, with the buzz about the 10,000yen thing and now her graduation, its gonna create alotta news about her which would be ... i guess "good" for her popularity. I dont see her popularity rising within akb anymore, so um.

Dont bash me this is just what i thought of lmao

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

I was surprised

I just watched her Masaka PV and singing "Masakaaaaa" all the time and then..

11. Ellyhm

Ellyhm Kenkyuusei

... Everything's happening so quickly, I fear that my heart is unable to take all of these anymore. First Acchan, Kuumin, Yuttan, Nacchi and now Chiyuu. ;________; :cry:

But whatever the reason is, I wish her all the best in everything she does.

BTW will she still continue her solo career?

12. zeebulb

zeebulb Kenkyuusei

I thought Kouhaku uta gassen should be fun event. But chiyu graduate,seriously what the actual fuck....geez [boom]

13. JKT0048

JKT0048 Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]
    :( :( :( :(

14. tomo~mi

tomo~mi Kenkyuusei

[​IMG] :cry: :cry: :cry:

from tomomioshi tumblr

15. rafaelrakyan

rafaelrakyan Kenkyuusei

Good bye, Tomomi Kasai.. We will miss you.. Good luck for your solo career! :)

---
    Yuko's smile.. I believe she's also shocked about Kasai sudden announcement. Two of her friends from the same generation graduates.. :cry:

16. InfernalPossession

InfernalPossession Kenkyuusei

Her decision must be a recollection of reasons, reasons that you guys above have mentioned already.

Just wanted to add that Akimoto, back when she dropped from the yen challenge, addressed what Kasai did and referred to her action as something: "not very professional". If Akimoto was not giving her chances of being in senbatsu, I guess such words gave an even less encouraging panorama of her future.

Seems like she wants to keep going solo from what I gather.

Wait for more graduations to follow. Remember this is business and Akimoto needs to create a constant transition from generations and he will replace the old girls with the new ones and attach them to the most popular members so that people get used to them and associate them to AKB; so that the group is kept alive. Regardless of what fans wish or what the old members themselves desire.

This is the group we follow and are fans of, nothing left but suck it up and smile pretty in Xmas.

17. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

actually about that yen challenge,
    undirectly its other members fault too,
    i really wish other member could support her with her challenge, like the momusu member did.
    i know akb have tight schedule, but at least they spare some email to support her.

a worst christmast present ever.

18. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Tomomi is one of the first members I initially misunderstood, then came to love later. It's a pity the way the yen challenge came out, because I know how hard working she really is. Personally, her voice is not my taste but undoubtedly, she's one of the better singers in this group. Couldn't say I didn't see this graduation coming...but maybe, it's a good thing for her health and her career. I'm sick of her getting shafted, and if not, endure all the harassment in handshake events because of the arbitrary ero personality management imposes upon her.

All the best Tomomiiiiiii!!!

19. deimos9

deimos9 Kenkyuusei

I hate to see her go. She was my first actual oshi in this crazy fandom. It actually has me questioning what's next for me. All the girls I like are dropping like flies and I have yet to fill the roster with any comparable newbies.

But I agree with most of the other comments that it's not as surprising given her position/treatment in the group.

I hope Masaka and the photo book really take off for her solo career. I'm sure her attachment will be milked by Aki-P and her company so I'm not destroyed as if she were giving up on the industry altogether.

20. rafaelrakyan

rafaelrakyan Kenkyuusei

Indeed, there are still A LOT of potential members that haven't discovered yet, even the KKS.. :)
    We will see another Kasai, Yuttan, and even Acchan in the new AKB48.. Maybe Yuihan, Paruru, and the other rising members.. [nod]