Stage48 - Australia

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by freezingkiss, Jul 30, 2011.

1. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Re: AKB Fans in Australia?

welcome :) may i ask which uni do you go to? i think the members here go to either UoM or Monash afaik [hehe]

2. SixShadows

SixShadows Kenkyuusei

Thanks, yeah i go to Latrobe University, alot of my old friends from highschool go to Monash And UoM. (none of them were AKB fans though :p)

3. Tim

Tim Kenkyuusei

I think Nelsxd goes to Latrobe, except he doesn't seem to be too active here. like me...

There seems to be a heaps of 1st year uni students on here. I go to Monash but yeah, I suck at forums, so don't expect to see any posts from me.

4. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Man, I haven't been here for ages...
    I'm sure you realise SBS PopAsia should be sued on the grounds of misleading advertising, considering how 90% of its (TV) content is K-Pop :fp: . Blame consumer demands and local tastes for that. AKB48? Not a chance unfortunately.

It'd be hella great, yes, but when nearly everyone else in Australia is too obsessed with slender long legs and this fat man, we have a huge uphill struggle on our hands...

Welcome!
    Latrobe, eh? Unfortunately, I don't know anyone (let alone 48 fan) that goes to Latrobe - I'm one of those UoM persons (for < 6 months more, at least) A93xx was alluding to before. Trust me though, I know quite a number of fans in Melbourne that I've met personally (most of which don't lurk on forums)... :p

Mayuyu oshi I take it?

Actually, The Australian had a fairly reasonable article on the AKB48 elections this year as well.
    Web link here, but it was published in their (hardcopy) weekend edition that week too.

5. SixShadows

SixShadows Kenkyuusei

Thanks! haha yeah i have yet to meet an AKB fan from Latrobe yet, actually i haven't met any AKB fans :p.

and yes Mayuyu oshi <3 always.

6. gordon

gordon Kenkyuusei

Hello Aussie fans

So a while back I was in Japan and for some crazy reason bought a whole bunch of AKB photobook/magazines/ im not quite sure. I've flicked through them once and they've been on my shelf ever since

Not wanting to see them goto waste, I'm seeing if any S48 Australia fans want them

7. Sakana Kun

Sakana Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
  8. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

^
    Too bad I'm overseas when it's airing in Melbourne. Wouldn't mind seeing it again though, this time on the big screen at Hoyts.

I lol'd at this portion of the synopsis though (bolded):
    :awesome:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This year the Japanese Film festival feature AKB48 Documentary in Sydney and Melbourne!!! Awesome. Finally can see it in a big screen

http://www.japanesefilmfestival.net/film-akb48.html [clap] [clap] [clap]

Cant wait to see it!!

10. Delur

Delur Kenkyuusei

Hi Aussie AKB fans
    I'm from Sydney~!

Been an AKB fan since Ponytail but have largely been following them on my own, don't meet many japanese people let alone AKB fans ~

Never been sure which forum i'd like to post on but since this one has aussie fans and a long thread of my kami oshi i think i'll post here from now on [clap]

I just shelled out $230 bucks on the blu ray Dome concert, can't wait (tempted to watch the DVD i dled)
    My oshi is Yuttan !!!! but i prefer just Yuka-chan :p (I almost creamed myself when i found out she has a solo shoot in Young Champion Retsu this week so i bought the last copy on CDjapan just now or so they say....)

Anywho nice to meet y'all :)

11. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

I almost died laughing when Yuttan name mentioned :awesome:
    Guess its not really your day to start fandom man :(

12. Delur

Delur Kenkyuusei

Tell me about it

Found out at work....... had to go outside and regather myself....just gutted

Kuumin's my SKE oshi

FML

13. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Look man, you really need to look for other oshis, like seriously :fp:

14. Delur

Delur Kenkyuusei

You have nice safe oshi's.... :tongue:

Well least my new SKE oshi is Jurina.... super safe
    2oshi for AKB is Myao... so i'm gonna be depressed in the near future no doubt

There's a Tokyo Dome towel for Yuka on ebay.... didn't know they had one for non senbatsu members let alone someone who was hardly present .... looks awesome tho... theres a tako!

15. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

I saw the AKB Documentary today in Melbourne! It was great!

I have a ...48 FB group where we can also talk about H!P, TGS, Super*Girls, Passpo, Fairies or any other PROMINENT Idol groups. (The indie idols fb group is Idols! Idols! Idols!)

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/234760916602121/< Please join! We need new members and more discussion!

16. puraibashii

puraibashii Kenkyuusei

Just introducing myself here as another AKB fan in Australia. As you can see from my sig, my oshi is Takamina :) . So mad I missed the screening of the AKB documentary at the Japanese film festival. I remember seeing the brochure for it a while ago and I was almost going to look and see what films they were showing. I SO wish I had.

17. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

Yes! I heard something beforehand about it being shown and because I work in Melbourne Central, the flyer for it was everywhere. So I picked it up and had a flick through it and was like...omg! I went upstairs and booked my ticket that same afternoon haha.

Nice favourites you've got there! <3 I'm sure they'll show the next installment at next years Japan Film Festival. Speaking of AKB I was playing Gingham Check in the bookshop the other day and some Japanese ladies were in, they recognised the music and were like 'They are playing Japanese music! Oh my god, so happy!' It was the cutest thing and made my heart burst. <3

18. puraibashii

puraibashii Kenkyuusei

Good point, I'm gonna get in quick next year! And lol, that is so cute! I always imagine someone recognizing my AKB wallpaper or ringtone and starting a conversation with me about it, but it never happens :(

19. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

Oh I'm the same! I have a Sayaka keyring on my handbag and always hope someone recognises it lol

20. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

haha, good luck [hehe]

Not AKB related but since Australia is the arse of the world when it comes to jpop it's worth mentioning, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu will be coming here sometime in 2013, probably March of April. Just as I leave the country... :fp: