1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio [ANIME] [AKB0048] 12/04/29~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xinchun, Oct 18, 2011.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Could we move the fansubbing debate someplace else? The show still isn't licensed until it gets acquired by a US distributor or CR, and then the fansubbing group will comply by cease distribution of the show.

Unfortunately this means only North America and some selected areas will get to see this show.

You lucky Americans!

2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

Evetaku >>>>>> CR

Also, I don't switch subbers for different seasons if I can help it, let alone mid-season.

And it's not available in germany anyways. IF we get it licensed it will only mean we get butchered subs (and maybe dubs >.<) on DVD which means that the subs will also LOOK hideous. All this with way too big pricetag.

3. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I'm not going to argue terminology. I simply believe that IF you are in a region where it is available legally (and for free!) you should not blatantly choose to watch the illegal source. At least not without giving the legal source a try.

4. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

5. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

While I think legality should not constrain our actions, morality should, this statement above is not entirely accurate.

The legal 'creator' of a work, which is often a corporation, holds the rights in copyright to have a legal monopoly to produce copies of the work and derivative works. If your home country is part of the international copyright convention, this would then govern legality in your area. (For example, the People's Republic of China only recently entered this agreement. All the pirating people did there in the late 20th Century was not illegal under Chinese law at the time.)

Many fansubs are distributed as 'hardsubs.' This is unquestionably a violation of the copyright of the copyright holder, and a violation of local laws in countries under the international copyright regime. The original work is being copied with a likely derivative work attached (the subs).

Softsubs are a bit more problematic. Are they a derivative work? Quite possibly. I would want to look into the local case law or rulings to determine if this is the case. If they are a derivative work, distributing them is illegal. But, you have noted a practical consideration, if subs are not available, the corporate owner almost certainly will not go after the distributer of softsubs as this would enhance the attractiveness of his product, the obsolete production of media. This is a practical matter reducing the chances of legal prosecution, but it would not impact the actual legality, unless your particular country has some very interesting laws (a distinct possibility, as I am only familiar with US copyright laws).

So, to be clear, it is all likely quite illegal to distribute. You are just less likely to to find yourself in trouble if a capitalist is not currently selling what you are distributing in your home country.

None of the above should be construed as legal advice and you should consult a local attorney about any personal legal issues or concerns.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

[yawn]

This argument has been done to death, you can find it anywhere on the internet talking about fansubs. Let's just say that they are illegal, but often the only way people can watch anime that isn't broadcast to their own country. Whether it is right or wrong is always going to be different for different people for different reasons.

Thanks for the Crunchyroll plug, it is noted and appreciated, now let's stop talking about it because this argument is as old as the dinosaurs and it never goes anywhere except to retardsville.

Moving this back on topic, is there any song you'd like to see in 0048? I think they are pretty important because music is the main vehicle of AKB's popularity and liking the music in the show is what got me into AKB in the first place. If they hadn't picked such catchy songs as RIVER and Beginner, I might not be here now.

Since they've been tending to use powerful, driving songs over others I think Korogaru Ishi ni Nare, Kodoku na Runner or ALIVE would be good choices for a battle scene or something. I think Mokugekisha would really have a place in the show given the war against entertainment. Idol no yoake would also be fun to see in one of their concerts or something ("dawn of the idol" on planets with a recently lifted entertainment ban? lol)

7. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I was not arguing.

I was pointing out an important factual misunderstanding regarding legality in the post above mine.

It is better to be informed, regardless of the position one takes on lawbreaking.

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I'm expecting Show Fight to be sounded off. :) Sock-and-knock 'em!

9. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

We got 2 dark single last season so expecting 2 dark singles this season
    IDK how they'll insert UZA tho... :D
    Kaze would be easy to insert.

We already got Shonichi and Pioneer, just need team K signature songs like Reset or Korogaru too. [clap] Team K songs would go well with fight scenes.

Maybe a Team 0048 Oshi song? :awesome:

10. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    Reset would probably work well. Honestly, I'm up for any songs that they throw at. Manatsu no Sounds Good would work if they were still at the beach setting.

11. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

If they don't insert Kaze wa Fuiteiru I'd totally be surprised. When this anime was announced, there's a pic posted on its official website, showing Nagisa standing alone in a ruined city with a text line "Soko ni Kaze wa Fuiteiru ka?".

12. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Chieri is 13 ?!?!?! Does that mean like Sonata is like 5?

All right episode tonight; wonder how the rest of the partial rankings will go.

13. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Sonata is 11.

OBTW, tonight's episode (or this morning's) was quite... that screenwriter Mari Okada topped with this one. See it, and it could blow your mind. :lol:

14. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49yTplZLRM[/yt]

New OP for episode 14, arujinaki sono koe

15. sjneow

sjneow Kenkyuusei

hmm, a relatively lighter song compared to Kibou ni Tsuite, and don't really have the feel of an opening, that song was golden. I will have to see the lyrics to comment further though

16. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    ^ Yeah, I agree. The OP feels a bit lighter than S1 but I still enjoyed it regardless. Not as much of a impact but I guess it will take some time for me to get use to it.

Also, we probably will see more new members (not the kks side but the akb0048 side)

I can only recognize one and that is Shiichan or maybe Mariko(?). If anyone can figure out the others, do post :lol:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
  17. sjneow

sjneow Kenkyuusei

the 2nd screen cap:

the first one from our left is probably Shichan
    I am guessing the 2nd one is Sato Amina, who agrees with me?
    the 5th one from our left could be Paruru

that's all I got at a first glance

plus I don't think Mariko will be there since, the manager is indirectly Mariko

18. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    Well yeah but that doesn't mean no one can succeed Shinoda Mariko. It clearly looks like Shiichan (and it probably is) but you never know.

I'm thinking the 2nd from the left is Yui.

19. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

From the screencap, left to right

Shiichan, Lovetan or Lemon, Akichan? or maybe Yui, no idea, Paruru [puke] , Haruu or Suzuran, no idea, Kato Rena?, Iriyama Anna?, Takahashi Juri?

20. erialis

erialis Kenkyuusei

EP2. Chinese Subbed.

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTAxMjQ1NDky.html[/youku]