The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    They still have it. I've been forcing people to migrate to Google talk. Haven't logged in to MSN for a long time.

2. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Well... anyone kinda interested in AKBPokemon?... (bah, it turned out right into an AKB-Trading Card Game, though).

I was thinking to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-launch the game but of course, if none wants to play it's no use.

PS: Example below.

Normal Version: (MTG)

Combat Version: (YGH)

Attached Files:

3. Justin

Justin Kenkyuusei

Weeew, its been a long time since I've been on S48 [shock]

4. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    LOL. AKB pokemon
    The pokemon TCG was pretty much a collector's treasure. The gameplay is nowhere near the sheer awesomeness as Yugioh man

5. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

AKBPokemon started as a mafia game, had this idea one day and it turned out pretty interesting to do, then the idea was to make cards as a TCG, then, from a tournament, it changed into an RPG style... with Evil NPC enemies, etc...

But in the meantime, Mafia games went in vacation, and when vacation was over, a lot of players went away from the forum or fell in disgrace and AKBPokemon couldn't start...

But yes, the "actual" idea is a TCG-RPG game with a couple of surprises.

I guess it won't have much quorum again. [speechless]

6. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Is anyone here using TextFugu to help study Japanese?

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I've used Skype for a long time and never had much to complain about really. I use it for voice as well as simple text chat. I was on MSN (and AIM) for years but they do feel somewhat outdated now.
    On Skype, you can find me at "hrpeanuts".

@ Gobolino: Good to see you're posting again.
    I'm pretty sure you'll get a whole bunch of people to participate once you have a clearer outline of how the game is going to look and work. At this point we can't really tell what you have in mind, but it does sound interesting. I'd be happy to give you some input on the game to make it work best on the forum.

8. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Thanks...

let's see, I really can't "spoil" the "mainstream" part, since it would be a surprise, even if it never sees the light I don't want to just say: "Well, this is what you guys missed".

But in general, these are the basics:

- Each s48 player will be associated with a color. (known only by the player) so
    he/she will find him/herself easily in the thread or game.

- With the "new-classic" teams (aka: The teams like they ended after the 2009 shuffle)
    I'll make 2 cards per girl (a "Show" card, that will be known to everyone) and a "Battle" card which
    powers will only be known once it is used.)

- Each player will receive a certain number of girls (both normal and attack cards)
    (depending on the number of players and NPC added).

- The "Show card" will have a power (as the MAFIA games) and this power will work exactly as the previous MAFIA games, sending a PM to the GM (me).

- Besides the use (or not) of the power, the player will have a chance to attack another player (referring only by his/her color) in the same way as the above.

- The game will be divided in 3 phases:
    a) Pre-phase = Like the old "day" phase, just the forum being active and the players posting theories,
    word traps, etc (again: like the old mafia days).

b) Combat-Phase = TCG style battle between the "attacker" and the "defender".

c) Story-Phase = Here the background story will be developed by me according to what turned out in the previous phases (including powers, etc).

- In the combat-phase the winner will get one card from the loser.

- If a player gets with no cards at all, it loses the game. (Mafia: Dies).

- The "final objective" of the player it's to get all 48 girls. (that's the pokemon's "Gotta catch'em all" part)

- Once some players get certain number of cards they can do a "challenge All-in" battle (aka:winner takes all cards) ==> This was originally thought if the game turned out endlessly and boring).

I know it's SOUNDS awfully complicated, but it's just me that somehow manage to complicate certain things, in the end, it will be very easy to play (specially if anyone played MAFIA games here, or anywhere for that matter).

The only "but" will be (of course besides the number of players and the will of playing once they are in)
    that the phases will be long because... well... it will be a definitely "UNCONVENTIONAL" MAFIA game from certain point of view. (this is where the BIG surprise comes in).

So, the Pre-phase can last 1 (max 2) days and the Combat+RPG phase will last about 2 days, so every turn will be 3 days long, which is kinda long for a MAFIA game but totally necessarily for THIS one.

So... this.

9. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Yes.

I am the infamous missingno15 :hehe:

Anyway, if it is help with learning Japanese that you seek, with or without Textfugu etc, then feel free to send me a pm.

10. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Awesome! yea i'll keep that in mind if i'll need help!

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Damn, thirty years believing she had invented it and now I find out it had already been invented many decades before... :^^;:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYD1tlj3lkM[/yt]

12. LovelyGaki

LovelyGaki Kenkyuusei

Today I've completed my civic duty! [rock]

Was selected JURY DUTY for the first time.

Would've been totally stoked for it, had it not been during the FIRST week back to school [sweat]
    (my prof was cool enough to understand).
    Luckily I was able to get out of it by using the student card. :^^;:

Glad my friend was kind enough to accompany me during the whole wait. :lol:

13. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    My connection is actually the core of the problem [aup]
    it's just not that friendly to skype, especially whenever I try to do a voice chat or video call, it always turn out lagging. On a side note, when it comes to text messaging, I personally will prefer MSN's fiture rather than Skype's. Skype's interface on chat is just too simple on my look
    Great, gonna add you [rock]

14. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Saw someone from my previous school and class today.....looks like a new game is starting soon :) :awesome:

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I found a youtube account with videos dedicated to members of AKB48, Morning musume...using music by Mike Oldfield, for example...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W38MFBYhdY[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mKacX5zh0[/yt]
    :music:

16. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    WHAT!? How could they, its a gaming standard. :hmm:

17. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f96zNkk22A4[/yt]

What's the name of this song? Is supposed to be and under unit name? I've been trying to find it but nothing matches...

18. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
  19. ajseguin

ajseguin Kenkyuusei

Thanks, well i'm really beginner right now in Japanese and Google translate wasn't helpful.

20. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Just google "[song title in Japanese] studio48" next time. It should show up. ;)