Stage48 - Australia

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by freezingkiss, Jul 30, 2011.

1. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB Fans in Australia?

Living in Perth, no hopes for me :(
    Well, I don't like her anyway, she is such a weirdo eventho still kind of cute in a way :D

2. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

Ergh. I don't really have much interest in KPP as I think the only reason why she's famous is because she embodies the 'weird Japan' stuff that everyone latches onto. Also I don't think she sings very well and she hurts my ears.

Although if it gets more Japanese artists out here it can't be a bad thing. WE'RE CLOSER THAN AMERICA JAPANESE LADIES COME HERE! :D

EDIT: January 2 2013, New blog post! Check it out and vote in the poll! http://freezingkiss.blogspot.com.au/

3. RingoGaSukiDesu

RingoGaSukiDesu Kenkyuusei

Whoa, there are a fair few more Aussies than I thought there would be [party] Everything here is so K-pop dominated I was beginning to worry I was the only one :D Nice to meet all of you n.n

I'm actually pretty keen for Kyary to come here, I hope she goes to Melbourne so I have a chance to go (I'd say Adelaide, but lol, the chance of that is like 1 in a billion), maybe if she does well here it'll entice other acts (hopefully AKB eventually) to come here :D Plus, she's how I spend the 5% of time I spend listening to music that isn't AKB n.n

4. Tim

Tim Kenkyuusei

I hardly post here anymore because I just follow idols at my own pace now, but holy excrement, Kyary? I hope it is Melbourne.

5. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

How many of us are in Melbourne? I'd love to have a meetup if it was possible. On a day I'm actually not working. :/

6. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Non-AKB48-related: I'm guessing the KPP concert will be sometime in March/April... which means I can't go 'cos I'm overseas :^^;: But hey, at least she's having an Aussie concert in the first place - a first for any J-pop artist (correct me if I'm wrong).

I have a fairly lengthy break until June, although I'm not here in March and April.

7. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Hi there!

I used to live in Melb, but now on the currently not so sunny Sunshine Coast :D

I lived in Japan but unfortunately didn't like the 48 family when I lived there (got into them about three days before I left - I did manage to get to the Cafe in Osaka which was nice)

About SBS Pop Asia; they aren't actually allowed to play some Japanese artists due to copyrights etc. They used to play a lot more J Pop years ago, but have toned it down. I asked them once if they had a list of artists they could play, but they never got back to me :( They play more on the radio but eh...

8. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Booo... Shun the traitor who moved up to QLD! :p /jokes!

Had a gut feeling that was the case. Pity. Sometimes I feel Japan's copyright holders are holding back their international expansion, but that's another story...

Whoever thought AKS decides to hold FIVE concerts a few days right after I leave Japan should be slapped and kicked... (I kid, I kid, but still)
    I'll just console myself to sleep then with my handshakes and (possibly) 2shots :hehe:

9. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

I asked PopAsia through Facebook why they didn't play AKB - they responded that they didn't have the rights yet, which leaves us with some hope.

And fans in New South Wales, about an hour and a half below Brisbane or somewhere like that?

10. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

ARE YOU IN TWEED?

Oh my god. I lived for 9 years in Tweed, went to Tweed River High School. Good ol Tweed lol.

11. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

Not in Tweed, but less than half an hour away from it. You still live around there? Know any other fans?

12. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

Oh, and to the people complaining about PopAsia, it's not that they hate J-Pop or prefer K-Pop, it's that they can't get the rights to a lot of Japanese singers. :cry: If you actually talk to Jamaica dela Cruz, you'll find that she actually loves AKB. They play it on the radio, and as far as I know they're trying for the rights to PVs.

13. draqunia

draqunia Kenkyuusei

AKB fan here. :p I use to watch SBS Popasia; but now I can't be bothered waking up early on Sunday mornings, that does not even air 48pvs. :hmm: Nothing special about the Monday afternoon 30min show either. :hmm:

14. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Can't believe people (including me?) are kinda still expecting some J-pops being aired in this program. Well, I'm actually happy enough with the whole k-pop stuffs (SNSD, Kara, etc.)they shows every weekend , but well,, how long has it been since... a year ago (?) and I don't even recall myself watching any 48pvs in it once. So yeah, maybe we just have to get used to it [hehe]

15. MiichanOshi

MiichanOshi Kenkyuusei

Since they started playing PASSPO I've been holding out a little more hope that they're trying harder for 48pvs.

16. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

I'd have time for them if they showed ANY other Japanese stuff apart from Perfume and KPP. Yeah they do a few odd ones but not enough.

17. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

SBS PopAsia TV? Dropped watching it a lo-o-ng time ago. Got sick of the fact that 95% of the content was K-pop MVs despite its name.

Glad to see they've - partly - wisened up and started airing stuff from Nakata Yasutaka's stable (i.e. Perfume, KPP, etc.). Still, as much as I like his produced stuff, no 48 content = no dice. (C'mon dudes, they're one of the biggest names in the Japanese music/entertainment/idol industry right now...)

18. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Haha, don't shun me!! :) Though with the weather I'd actually rather be in Melbourne right now!!

I do like KPop but its really annoying - either change it to SBS KPop show or have some variety - theres plenty of other Asian countries around! They play the same songs every week and will play the same artist sometimes more than twice in the one show, which is ridiculous. I stopped watching when Gangnam Style became a hit - cool song and all, but I don't want to see it on tv that often!

It is nice to have Perfume and KPP on though - at least thats hope for more JPop and eventual 48 family!

19. Mayuyu-fan

Mayuyu-fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

Yosh, hello fellow Australians :). Australia definitely needs more love from AKB....but there's too little fans here :cry:. I wish there was a shop here to buy AKB, ordering online is a pain especially those shipping fees......

20. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Come to Melbourne - I know quite a number here in person :hehe: although I've actually met a few of the Sydney-siders (you know who you are... ;) ) but they don't often hang around the forums.

Count yourself lucky mate - spare a thought for us everywhere else in Australia that doesn't have a Kinokuniya, let alone stocked with a fair amount of -48 books. Kinokuniya's a bit of a rip though (and I thought purchasing 48 stuff from Hong Kong was expensive compared to Japan...), but understandable given shipping costs and demand...

As for media goods, apart from CDJ/HMV/etc., iTunes MS JP cards can be pretty handy once in a while.