1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[SCANDAL] Minegishi Minami demoted to KKS

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Re: Team B - Minegishi Minami (Miichan)

It's her punishment, but I must say, I have total respect for Miichan's self-sacrificing action in response to her scandal and demotion to KKS. Her shaving her hair off, to me, shows she's willing to humble herself and bear the brunt of the guilt. That's strength in character right there.

And I suspect many will agree with me here.

2. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice

That career might have ceased to exist considering the scandal turned out to be true, if anything what she did by shaving her head and demotion to KKS is the road to recovery.

Still I wish management would put in a standard for this stuff. I guess it is safe to assume that if you have a recent scandal that is true, then your in serious trouble. This particular one was published all over the place pretty fast so I assume it was pretty concrete.

As Many know I am quite rigid on the Idol rule because of what Idols represent. I am certainly disappointed in her for what she did. That being said, I always have respect for those that take their punishment and come back. I have massive respect for Miichan shaving her head. It shows how seriously she took the issue (unlike some others). People screw up and make mistakes(sometimes major ones) . It is what you do after that is the most important.

3. antoinetobi

antoinetobi Kenkyuusei

At least she's not fired from AKB. Having her in KKS was also okay since it's a punishment, she can be a senior in KKS. I'm not really a fan of her--and know this wouldn't be management's punishment--but shaving her hair like that is irritating fans. It will eventually grows back--or she can use wig in performances--but what now?

I have to respect her decision.

Will she be promoted to regulars again?

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I was trying to take this in the “funny” side, but that video… damn.

A first gen out of senbatsu. In KKS. Feels weird.

I mean, I’m all for graduations to leave space for the new girls, but this seems… humiliating.

Will she be treated as any other KKS? Appearing only in bsides? Will it take years for her to get promoted to a Team?

Just... wow.

5. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Everyone, please show your support to Miichan in this difficult time. We are gonna send her a letter showing our full support to her. We hope that you guys can contribute something to the letter through flagator21 Thank you very much in advance for your contribution and support in this matter [bow]

6. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri

Idec that she shaved her head tbh. But just the fact that she got demoted to a kks is like..wow..so crazy.

7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

In Japan, when you make a big mistake and want to take responsabilities for this, it is casual to shave your head as proof that you realize how big your mistake was (In Slam Dunk, the main character shave his head after loosing to their rivals, as well for many other manga.). You can say it is a form of ritual, very symbolic, as well as Seppuku (a way to die) and pray for good fortune in temple during new years eve.

Personally, there's nothing such as win win situation. I would say it's a super mega loss situation. She will definitively won't win anything about this matter. Do you even realize how long it will takes to go back as senbatsu? It might even not happen anymore. My point about her being demoted to kenkyuusei is to bring her experience for her kouhai directly on stage, like sasshi did for HKT48. And well, give one place vacant in Senbatsu. Most of you say "she didn't do anything wrong" or "poor miichan".

Well. I don't want to restart a debate here (maybe you should redirect it about the love ban restriction thread) but she knew what she was doing and what was implied with it. As she said herself she has to lead the 2nd generation to the right path. To be entrusted by kouhai, it means AT LEAST work as hard as them, and as willingly as them. The only fact to break the rules, you break your relationship Senpai-Kohai. And in asian culture, it is fucking goddamn important.

Those genuine tears are what i respect.Not her behavior. What i respect is that she realized she made a mistake since she has to be an example to her kouhai. Im not afraid to say she was wrong doing this. And what hurts the most is the contrast between her shining during RH 2013, doing her super MC with everyone and enjoying her time....and this painful scene impossible to watch.

My hopes for tomorrow is that miichan find something fullfilling by teaching her knowledge with kohai on the field, and she doesn't forget that people and wota love her anyway so she doesn't the flame which burnt for 7 years already.

And about the kami-oshi...I wonder what they think about it. especially Takamina. As Soukantoku it is hard to punish her best friend, but as the same time she has to show example too.

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That video gave me the shivers. And the demotion, her hair...it pains my heart. However, if I ever had any doubt that I was supporting the right member, it is gone now. She made a mistake, she broke a stupid rule (but a rule nonetheless) and she took on all the responsibility for it and punished herself hard because she’s always her biggest critic. Today is indeed the darkest day, yet my eyes see her shining more than ever because my respect for her is now ten times bigger than it was yesterday.
    Yes, I believe a new thread should be created, a new project to gather all the supports we can get from the Gishies so a letter is sent to show her that we're by her side...I wonder if Yonetaro-san and the japanese fans have already thought about it...

9. Dharmawangsa

Dharmawangsa Kenkyuusei

my gosh miichan :cry:
    i just watched her in a video a few minutes ago and i find this bad news,
    and also that youtube link.

i don't care what kind of scandal she had, in my head just relieved she's not fired.
    she can still shine in KKS, probably Betazu's right, the fans support might encourage her a lot. [sweat]

10. juergenZhi

juergenZhi Kenkyuusei

iam a bit sad that minegishi must bald her hair, but,,,, is that was too over if she is just take a night on her friend's house? and get the punishment like these?

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Just as I came back, and I saw this. I felt sad and angry at the same time.

Shukan and the damned haters must be having a field day. They think it's so funny when it's not.

12. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

Abolish the no dating rule and more rights for women in Japan tbh. I don't care if I start a shitstorm, will anything happen to the guy from GENERATIONS? Because if it doesn't, oh my god. I will not applaud a bloody war.

13. achanp2

achanp2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

I bet that boy is feeling so freakingly guilty now...if not... :fp:

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

The more I follow AKB48 the more callous I become of that rule. Though I believe it should be followed yet I don't give a damn if its broken.

Anyway, Miichan is Miichan whether KKS or not. She will burst to kami level in the election, probably.

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I bet nothing will happen to him at all. It's unfair that Miichan ends up a kks while Sasshi stays in senbatsu when her pics were 1000x worse than Miichan's...

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^
    ^ Or he could be lauging about all this because I'm sure NOTHING will happen to him. Just because he's a guy. :hmm:

Also, Aki-P and Takamina still have a say in this, right? They could well fire her. [sweat]

But seeing how Sashi's thing went... dunno, maybe they'll send Miichan also to HKT to give it more push? Or maybe it could tarnish their "clean" image and other 5 girls will leave? Damn. :angry:

17. draqunia

draqunia Kenkyuusei

This is just... awful. Those scandal publishers can go [flip] themselves.

Miichan being demoted to kenkyuusei, shows another senbatsu lost. Now, I wonder what the management will do with Kirigirisu Jin and So Long promotions.

Miichan hwaiting!!

18. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Just watching the video I was absurdly sad ... TOO SAD ... nobody deserves this, just to live one day as a normal human being ... I dunno ... discourages a fan of idols so knowing that they have to be holy to the unhappy virgins worship theirs like dolls...
    But ... after all it was her decision ...

19. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Support Minegishi Minami

Attached Files:

20. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

Yui-Oshimen-Sama Kenkyuusei

I'm seriously surprised. I figured this would just get ignored or some minor punishment. This is.... something else. Watching the video was hard for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.