TV / Radio [ANIME] [AKB0048] 12/04/29~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xinchun, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ayame Yumesaki

Ayame Yumesaki Kenkyuusei

Just wonder if we will get the next season/OVA/Movie for this anime [hehe]

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Is this for me? :shifty:

Discussions are more lively with differing sentiments, its lame when everyone just nods when someone says something. And, besides its not healthy to live in a deluded imagination that everyone will go gaga with every anime release, each and everyone has their own reason for tuning, if you can't accept that then its definitely not me with the problem.

3. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    Fair enough. I did more research and I see where you are going at but music is still a large genre so I wouldn't leave that out.

However, I don't see how my views are limited. Old? Maybe. I dived into anime at a very young age and still watching anime till this very day. Maybe it's because how we each are looking into it. Your definition sides more of a western meaning. I am more use to the Japanese terms/meanings but I am unfamiliar with western adoption.

The term Shoujo differs in Western and Japanese side but overall, we're both correct but depending which side you are on. Now we can go circles on arguing who's right or not but let's just leave as that. I believe that Japanese should stick with Japanese.

On another note, anyone got a chuckle over this?

I'll be darned, she got attachements :awesome:

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Cute note, Mamoru literally means 'protect'.
    Fitting name for Yuka's boyfri- err, fanboy XD

@Karen's blog: I love how emotional Karen is about this show. I think I can understand how she must feel about it. I also love how she said that Nagisa helped her get over her complex about her own voice. I have the same complex (my voice sounds so deep and awkward to me) so I can relate to her there. I just love Karen <3

As for my thoughts on the finale itself:
    Nagisa becoming Acchan, Chieri becoming Center Nova, taking back Akibastar the way they did, all of that was great. I liked how "deep" the Center Nova phenomenon as Acchan the 13th explained it works out - they're singing in a theater of people's collective hearts/souls to keep love of entertainment, and therefore people's spirits, from flagging. I find that really amazing and I was happy with it.

I have to admit, I sort of cringed when Nagisa stole the famous Acchan election line. I saw it coming and had to brace myself for how cheesy I knew it was going to be, and it didn't disappoint. But I understand why it was in there, she had to cement herself as Acchan. I'm curious whether it was her own sentiment or Acchan speaking through Nagisa, though.

I would say overall I'm happy with the ending and the way things played out. There was a lot of singing and dancing, and I thought it really got the feeling of "love through song" across. Idol music is addicting and uplifting in that manner, though.

I was NOT happy about the lack of closure we get on Chieri's dad - why did he die? Who killed him? What does Chieri really think about this? It's like it was just shoehorned in with no explanation even though it was a radical departure from the rest of the series and its "no kill" nature. They really dropped the ball on that one.

I was also unhappy about the lack of closure on the Kanata/Takamina storyline, which I thought was the best one (and not because of my bias lol). It really dug deep into the nature of the successor system and the emotions those who have to live by it must feel. They spent so much time on this in the series, so why no closure?

The lack of explanation/closure on Sensei-sensei and his cult of priestesses, as someone said before, was also disappointing, but not as much as the loose ends of storylines. I get why they're priestesses (as Miichan said a couple eps ago, song and dance started in Japan as a way to communicate with the gods and ask their favor and evolved into entertainment as we know it today), but what the fuck is Sensei-sensei really?

Regarding the Okada Mari debate:
    Yes, she is an esteemed writer. Yes, some people call her 'one of the best'. But let's not forget that there are a lot of people who are unhappy with how her stories turn out and what she chooses to focus on vs what not to focus on. Toradora and Hanasaku Iroha definitely got a lot of flak for it when those series ended. If you do a simple search on Google you can find plenty of legitimate criticism over her work.

That's not to say she's not good, or even great, but no one is infallible. The work done on 0048 was hit or miss. Some episodes I thought were amazing, others were nothing short of cringe-worthy. Overall the show has been a blast but in no way would I call it superb writing. Adapting AKB material to an anime can't have been easy though (where to start with a group this large? how to slip in all these references to the actual members? how not to offend fans?) Then again, it is basically subjective opinion whether a show is written THE BEST EVAR or not, but I'd take "oh it was written by so-and-so so it must be good" with a grain of salt and judge it based on how it turns out rather than who wrote it [hehe]

5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

You are using Armor Packs on your Mecha? Screw you, WE are using armor packs on our IDOLS!

That was also one of the scenes where I rewound to that scene, thinking "did I just see what I think I saw?"

Edit, also, they should just add Sound Booster (macross 7) to their Guardian Angels XD

6. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This episode is freaking awesome. Love it when Nagisa pulled off Acchan's famous line :inlove:
    So, now we have Acchan the 14th and a new center nova. That means we will have double center for future single by AKB0048 ? :awesome:
    I really hope that the new era of AKB48 will have girls with great determination like Nagisa or Chieri - girls with ambition to shine the brightest, to become the center and work really hard to achieve that dream.

7. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Awesome final episode ... great music, great visuals.

8. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

If you mean me, then no. I liked the anime but I will not go "omg it was fabulous!!1!" when it wasn't. I liked it, I laughed and cried but if there are flaws, I will point them out. I buy dvds, cds, figures and more - I've supported this and I have every right to an opinion. If you can't handle discussions and opinions that don't go well with yours, maybe you should leave?

I agree. Limited wasn't the right word - I guess I was looking for something more like, "saying shojou is only for girls is narrowing it"? I have no idea now - I just finished work so I'm way too tired. But either way, in our own ways we are right and I do understand the differences between cultures - occasionally I do mix them up and merge them, or over simplify or over complicate things.

Lol with Mayuyu - what the hell were those things? (Obviously the missiles but what were the pink things?)

This is a really good way of saying what I was feeling. If I had done it, I would have focused on the things that were still unanswered and left out some of the goofy scenes or made things move faster - but then also has its draw backs. What they did was pretty damn good considering, though the gaping plot holes and cheesiness do grate at me.

But those plot holes do have me hoping for ovas or movies at least! Maybe... maybe...

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm off to watch it subbed now.

9. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

I think the staffs dig their own graves when they focused quite much on Mimori in this season. Don't misunderstand. I like her and her scenes are very nice / touching esp. during the sensoukyo but it should be stopped there. Then later they spend their time to let her succeed Mariko and join the senbatsu is really weird. Not only it is not really relevant to the main event (they can use these scenes to explain a lot of other things or invest into Nagisa's development more instead) but it also ruins the NO NAME line-up too

This second season's quality is quite unstable. There are good ep mixing with average ep but overall it's still good and enjoyable. The ridiculousness also rise above 9000. :hehe:

10. kurizu

kurizu Kenkyuusei

The final episode is pleasing enough to make me forget about the still-open plot holes.
    But they should have built a better pace since the beginning of the season. Each individual episodes were nice, but the flow of the season is not that good.
    It feels like they were pouring all they had on their brain then suddenly realizing "Holy crap we only had two more episodes!" :yikes:

11. BurguilloTeam

BurguilloTeam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Maybe they said that and I didn't get it, but...

who killed Chieri's father?

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

^I'm pretty sure they didn't say, lol.

If they did, I missed it too.

13. kurizu

kurizu Kenkyuusei

^
    From what Chieri did I think there's a clue ..
    When she confront a DES soldier, she remembered about her father's death, did it mean that DES killed him?
    But other than that possible clue, there wasn't any mention about the murderer at all.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

A very LMAO ending for an LMAO series lol

Chieri had some weird moments in this one. Singing on top of a DES guy, going all orgasm when another took her hand... :blink: lol

I'm glad that even in this series, they all shout for Maeda (they just won't let her go...).
    Even they know that nobody will be as radiant as Acchan, so two centers are needed to stop the bad guys.

I think for once I liked the songs in an episode, so I can't wait for the single to come out. :^O^:

15. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Just watched the last episode today. Next season (if they will have) the anime title should be "WITH NAME" or "Successor". Hey, Mimori = Mariko, Nagisa = Acchan. No name is not the better title of this anime anymore. :^^;: . And it hink there will be no more 3rd season. Just a movie. SOme members of No name are graduating. So i think this is the end. But until now, we still dont know who killed chier's father.

16. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    That's not a clue.

When she approached to the DES soldier to save Linda, she felt hatred because of what DES did to AKB0048 but the flashback reminded her that she didn't want the soldier to go through what her father went so she decided to sing. More or less the gist of it.

17. Yui-Oshimen-Sama

Yui-Oshimen-Sama Kenkyuusei

I liked it. Yes there's stuff unresolved but there wasn't going to be time to reveal who all of the Kenkyuusei succeed. I'm honestly surprised they had Acchan and the Centre Nova separate, though in hindsight it was obvious. Maybe if someday they do a series set in the future they can reveal by pictures or whatever who the others succeeded.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ Cause no other body apart from Acchan's is able to hold such PERFECTION. :^O^:

I was watching the ending and I felt sad with the curtain call at the end. It reminded me of the one in AKB Festival (Team Surprise) and that last view of Acchan... :cry:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMKX9kuXvxc[/yt]

Also, Iwata was the seiyuu of Nagisa... and Nagisa was the new Acchan... Is Aki-P hinting at something here? [hehe]

I need an OVA or something. :(

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I thought the same as Silenka with Chieri's dad, but I also agree the other way (hatred and not wanting the same to happen). I also thought that (this is a bit far fetched but at the same time, since he was never around, it isn't really...) but he might have set the gun up himself? There was clearly nobody there and there was no more discussion except Tsubasa saying "no one will ever know" so... -shrug-

I was going to say it but I thought it was me just being perverted lol

Is there still no news on that Chieri figure?? I wonder how long they'll keep making merchandise for...

20. Ayame Yumesaki

Ayame Yumesaki Kenkyuusei

About that perverted things: i see it as a daughter in top of her father :^O^:

About Karen: It would be great if Aki-P put her in senbatsu, since last time in MS, Karen join the senbatsu (and I don't know who's gone). Karen's voice is great at Hana wa Saku. I want to hear more
    Also, my friend is her fans too~

About who kill Chieri's father: Who know? Maybe D.G.T.O people or himself [hehe]

About NO NAME: I think Tsubasa mention about its meaning. I think it''s mean nameless soul of everyone heart maybe?