Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    If I were to be a real conspiracy theorist, I'd say that members' participation is planned and even when to register their candidacy, at least for main members :p

To be honest, people should vote as many votes as they can anyway, regardless of who is going to stand for election or not because fans of members who don't participate could still go or vote for other members. If some of the main members don't participate, it means a lot of votes could go to other popular members or younger members. The result would be that there'll be more competition in the top ranks and/or huge shuffling up among mid-ranks (this is assuming that people whose oshi doesn't participate would still vote at all). To be honest, we can't really predict who will get which rank. We can probably guess the range a member'd be in but there are too many variables going on with the candidacy system. We might be able to get a clearer picture once all candidates are announced.

The bottom line is: vote for Mayuyu if you want her to get No.1. Period. [nod]

2. GTR

GTR Kenkyuusei

@melyangelique

You are correct, it would be hypocritical for them to say that it is not fair for power voting Mayuyu to the top, when they are doing the same thing as well, by buying more then 1 cd.

I actually thought about this before, I thought if I was rich with billions of dollars, I'd power vote Riichan.. err.. Mayuyu to #1 :XD:

thought i don't like this current corporate system

Edit:
    @jell_o_jello

Hmm it's as if you're thinking like what I am thinking, my mind is running around today :^^;:

3. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    Just don't become complacent about the voting. Basically do the best you can do. Vote if you haven't before and try to increase your vote count if you have last year.

I am sure Japanese fans will have the same mindset.

4. antoinetobi

antoinetobi Kenkyuusei

Every vote counts.
    Mayuyu will get #1 this year! I had to cancel an item order to buy the 31st single, but it's going to be my first time to vote. It's okay for Mayuyu!

Last year I didn't watch some part of Sosenkyo (I managed to watch Mayuyu though) I had to go to a course which I couldn't skip because there's test the whole week :D I wondered why they always do this in June..

Any of you experienced the same?

Now I'm going to use that line a lot!

5. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I have voted for Watanabe Mayu every year that I have voted.

While it is our sacred duty to make Watanabe Mayu happy, it is not necessarily our duty to vote for her as often as we can.

While we should live our lives to make Watanabe Mayu happy, it would not make her happy if anyone suffered for her. Vote only as often as you feel comfortable. Additionally, Watanabe loves the other members of AKB48, so there is no shame in voting for others you like.

The election will be what the election will be. While the world should proclaim Watanabe Mayu Queen of the Universe by popular acclaim, the world is imperfect and many people trying to do good do not understand her central place in existence. While we strive to make her happy, others will not see what is truly important. Do not let this poison your own love and happiness- this would not make Watanabe Mayu happy.

While each vote is counted, every vote over just beating the person below her in the ranking is not necessary. So, every vote is not that important. Tens of thousands of votes kept her from defeating Oshima last year. None of us could bridge this gap. There is no shame in this. We all do what little we can and hope it works out for the best. That is all we can do.

This is supposed to be a fun opportunity for us to help make Watanabe Mayu happy. Do not poison her happiness by hurting yourself or others in supporting god, Watanabe Mayu.

6. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I intended to share the picture from that, but thanks for the gif..
    this scene was incredible.... :cute:
    I'm shouting in my language every time I saw that scene.... :lol:

7. rafiqrafsanjani

rafiqrafsanjani Kenkyuusei

this year is the firs time for me to vote her

i will give my best [rock]

8. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    She'll need our votes. I will give my best.

9. Thero.Dennis

Thero.Dennis Kenkyuusei

Couldn't agree less to what you said! This serves as a good reminder to everyone.

As much as we love Mayuyu, we cannot deny the fact that we have also fell in love with the whole AKB48 family, which also created this family here we have at this forum. Just vote from your heart and from your capabilities and Mayuyu will be happy!

What's the point of having lots of votes but lesser fans in comparison to the one with more fans but lesser votes? Won't you agree that quantity of fans is more important than quantity of votes? :)

Let's do our best for Mayuyu and enjoy the process at the same time! [rock]

10. antoinetobi

antoinetobi Kenkyuusei

^Yes, couldn't agree more. I will vote simply because I want to support.

We all also know there are wotas who power vote a member by buying hundred copies of the single. Some of us buy just several copies, or a copy, shouldn't really think if our votes matter or not because we have our own reasons to vote. Either you're really getting her the #1 or just want to show your support.

You're not one's oshi if you don't enjoy supporting your oshimen right?

11. melyangelique

melyangelique Kenkyuusei

Goddess blogged [party]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Translation
    Hooray at Mayuyu spending time with her kouhais [clap] I wonder what presents they gave :hehe: Marinatteru probably gave her something Takarazuka related lollll

12. d4rkboyzzz

d4rkboyzzz Kenkyuusei

Where can i do a vote??
    ehehe

someone tell me please??
    :) :)

13. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    ^steps to vote for Mayuyu will be posted at my website when voting begins. Please be patient. If you're curious, here's the direct link to last year's steps to vote for Mayuyu: http://www.mayuwatanabe.com/2012/05/how ... -2012.html

More pics of her historic registration (1st AKB48 member to register - 1st year that management is doing this)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Made the papers as well...click to view
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    My thoughts on her going out of her way and submitting her application first, taken from the actual sousenkyo thread here: viewtopic.php?p=682442#p682442

I hope I wasn't overreading her action, but man, I'm not even joking when I'm saying that seeing those pictures of her submitting her application ignited something in me as a Mayuyu oshi. Hearing the reports of her submit first was one thing, but like they say, a picture's worth a thousand words, and actually seeing her hand the form in - I'm so ready for this election :cute: I haven't bought a single Mayuyu photo in the last 3 months, which is a record for me since she became my oshi, :hehe: but all that pinching and saving should be enough to buy quite a few voting tickets. Since it's the 5th election, I wanted to aim at 50 votes because last year was the 4th election and I voted 40 times (not all to Mayuyu though), but in response to her, I want to see if I can afford maybe a couple more, even as a poor college student earning money by selling things on eBay :lol:

This could be it, everyone, the year that Mayuyu finally makes history as the next ace. We need to support her as much as we possibly can, and be a part of that moment.

Is everyone as worked up as me, or did I just somehow get really stirred up over the recent photos for some illogical reason? :^^;:

15. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^ While I didn't read into her action that much, I also saw that as Mayuyu being herself - always competitive and hungry for victory. The fact that she, even though busy, came to theater and hand the form in by herself first in AKB shows how serious she is in this :D
    Looking at candidates information - Mayuyu is being on a roll, with various success and exposures last year, so she has a really high chance. However, Yuko may (or may not) participate. Mama Yukirin, even with her slight scandal, still pose a big threat. We can't ignore the raise of Paruru either. All in all, being complacent won't be enough. Mayuyu wanted #1, so we should try our best to make that happen, so yeah, I'm also fired with this election :XD:

16. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

this made me respect her. her drive to win.. i really like girls who pursue whatever it is that they wanted. this assured us that she really wanted this... and not because management is pushing her to do so.. i think she's telling the wotas she is definitely decided to seize the center position and she's putting all of her on the line.. so they wouldn't have to worry that this is all management machination and she will graduate because of too much pressure on doing something she did not want. this brave move will surely fire up those hesitant wota to support her with all might.. after all mayu is willing to risk it all.. if ever i have extra money my next vote will certainly go to her.. even if i love yuko. girl deserve it.

17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think it's more on what Mayu is. I wanted to question her decision on signing up early but I think she has the drive to win. She's risking it all. She knows she wants it and hopefully she'll get it. Of course it's not like that it is bad to submit her application form like a few days later but it's her decision to do so. Besides the NMB girls who are eager on getting their names on the site early are just as excited as Mayuyu.

Although it does take away the excitement for the others, the focus now will be on the other girls and not her. "Will she sign it or not?" That question will be for the others now.

18. jigs

jigs Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    JigsAlice
    She already announced during the last election what she wanted to do. Her registering first simply reinforces that. Plus, everyone is on Mayuyu time anyway.

It is up to us, her fans, to try our best so what she wishes for comes true.

19. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  20. melyangelique

melyangelique Kenkyuusei

^ No idea..but hopefully soon! I can't wait :(

From Mariko-sama's seitansai [party]
    Of course, Mayu's hanagumi pose as usual~
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The ink :lol: It's a nice excuse to end her comment [clap]