Event / Concert 32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Acchan vs Yuko rivalry is legendary because of their contrasting personality, and how the management treated them but also having the same goal after their idol career.

if only Sasshi doesn't have that scandal we might see a Mayu vs Sasshi.
    Mayuyu as AKB48 no.1 mainstream idol vs Sasshi who is a hetare, a NG idol.
    and currently anyway we have a Mayu vs Jurina vs Paruru. with Mayu as the center but not fully supported by Aki-P and the management and with Jurina and Paruru who are Aki-P's favorite and are fully supported by the management. and the only thing that's stopping Aki-P putting either Jurina and Paruru as center right now is might be because AKB48 is in a unstable position right now.,decreasing sales,members graduating one by one and member scandal. and putting a new face (Paruru) and a controversial center for the past singles (Jurina) might not be good for business. though Aki-P has his own oshimen he is still first a businessman. so slowly Aki-P is crawling considered new gen i.e Paruru to be a future senbatsu member and possible center.nothing wrong with that because AKB48 really need's to established now possible future Kami-7. while the original Kami-7 member is still on the group.

and didn't Yuko said to Mayu "use me as a stepping stone". I wonder if it will also applies on the Senbatsu Election. but I hope Yuko will participate and if ever Mayuyu win then no doubt that she won fair and square rather than having Mayuyu's win having controversy that Mayuyu just won the election because Yuko didn't participate. but on the other hand if Mayuyu win then it only meant that Yuko finally found her successor as center of AKB48. cause though Mayuyu might be the center for AKB48 2nd Chapter. but in truth AKB48 real current center right now is Yuko. no doubt in my mind Yuko rightfully deserved to be the center with Acchan gone. but when it comes to New Gen Mayuyu deserve to be AKB48 2nd Chapter Center. Mayuyu has been with the best and one of the best that established AKB48 to what is right now

Mayuyu's last election speech
    "I've always followed in the footsteps of my seniors, but us younger members have to open up new paths and I hope I can be one of them who will lead them into a new era."

and I think that last election the one that gives everyone a rush feeling was not when Yuko win but when the announcer said Kashiwagi Yuki for the 3rd place. Mayuyu placing 2nd was quite a shocker imo.
    I think anyone that favors Mayuyu literally jump out of their seats and loudly say YES!!

2. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I was even excited for Mayuyu, and I only like her a little bit. Even though Yuko is my oshi, I want Mayuyu to win. I like change an excitement in the elections!

Voting comes with theater sales too this year. That means EVERYONE who buys a copy gets to vote, right? This single will sell over 1 million. Thats A LOT of votes!!

So we have to realize that vote counts will be higher and more casual fans will probably be voting too. Who are super popular with casual fans? Yuko, Mariko, and Mayuyu. Some others too. I think all of them will get a ton of votes this year. Which just makes it harder for new gen girls to rank :fp:

3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I wonder who will have more votes Milky or Paruru since they contrast each other perfectly
    especially on handshake event.

new rivalry might formed on this election so far Yuko vs Acchan, Jurina vs Rena
    on this election rivalries that might formed are Milky vs Paruru, Yui vs Sayanee, Yukirin vs Mayu imo.

4. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i thought Sayanee vs Milky is already a famous thing, oh well, but anyway, yeah, Yuko is really popular and is now the true rival of Acchan but if i have to choose anyone as true center for 2nd chapter of AKB, it would totally be Mayuyu :inlove:

5. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Too bad there will not be any more Yuko vs Acchan (tho the Jurina vs Rena is guaranteed).

6. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    In terms of rivalry, there are a lot more pairs than ever, but I think the most anticipated one so far would be Mayuyu vs. Jurina [rock]

Let the games begin...

7. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Right now they are not close enough (in the ranking) for it to be considered, we'll see on the 5th if they get closer in votes (but I don't expect Jurina to get such a big push to get up to 3rd nor Mayuyu to go down).

8. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

So just because Miichan had a scandal she's supposed to hide her head in shame and repent? And her being bald is a problem as well now even though she's wearing a wig that doesn't look any different from her original hair all the time?

9. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I think the bigger problem is the damage Miichan had on AKB's image. It would probably be for the best if she didn't sign up for the election. Maybe next year.

10. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

The problem isn't the scandal
    The problem is she freaked out for no reason and created a huge mess. I feel for miichan and part of my votes is going to her if she join but I can't say I'm that happy after the 1000000x times seeing people cuss out AKB and the fans.....It got so much global exposure that even my friend's mom who don't know anything about Asian news asked my friend about miichan. This isn't how I want AKB to go to get notice :hmm:
    Just because she wear a wig now doesn't change anything

Nevertheless I don't mind if miichan run.

11. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    No your right, it's because of all those things that Mii-chan shouldn't hide, and face the reality that because of what she did, she shaved her head. That's precisely why she needs to enter this election to show everyone that she's learned her lesson and is ready to get back on track again [rock]

Sorry but that's where your wrong, like I just said, if she doesn't enter, it would show that she isn't yet ready to face what she did...

It's true that she did damage AKB's image, but this is the perfect opportunity to prove to everyone that she is over it and ready to regain her status in AKB, regardless of what her result might be in this election.

But then again, you could be right in that she really might not join, but I hope she does. :approve:

12. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Honestly, she should have just taken her demotion like a woman and been done with it, instead she humiliated not only herself but the group and it's fandom the world over. She was my san-oshi (tbh I don't know wtf she is to me these days) and I still haven't forgiven her. I don't care if she enters since she won't be getting my vote but to me, bowing out would be a good start in showing me that she truly does regret her behavior.

Anyway...

Tbh, there isn't any real rivalry in the AKB48 right now. Yuko is clearly still the most popular and is on her way out the door and Yukirin, the only other person capable of challenging Mayuyu isn't interested in beating her friend as far as I can tell. :^^;: The sister groups are pretty much where the fire is. I guess if Ricchan ranks really high (like 19 or 20'ish) and is added to regular senbatsu then we can have a Paruru v. Ricchan thing going, idk.

13. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

That's exactly how I see it. It's her chance to right the wrongs she did, even if she ends up in undergirls. TBH all the negative attention from the media are from people who were already trying so hard to find problems to "bash" and perpetuate the stereotype of how Japan is seen as an odd backwards society. They should be taken with a pinch of salt.

To me at least, all she did wrong was to overreact in such a unprofessional manner. To be allowed to stand on the stage at election day will allow her to redeem herself, show that she has learned and seek for actual forgiveness, instead of hiding from the rest of the world in her room. (And now I am seeing parallels between real life and the Team B drama :hehe: )

Anyway....

This is definitely the next big rivalry! They'd be two toddlers fighting it out. They look so cute together at Kouhaku when they did the rice basket thing together.

14. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Not commenting on Miichan because that is entirely each own's opinion.

Regarding the quoted part...

Jurina vs Rena is not really a rivalry where they really want to beat eachother on the ranks, it's more on the side of the fans. They are really close so I don't think they see it that way. No idea on the other sister groups, though, I don't really know their members nor their relationships. I hardly know most of the newer members in AKB since I haven't even watched AKBINGO fully (I'm really enjoying them) and in most cases I can recognize faces but not the name nor the team (due to watching Majisuka Gakuen, all three seasons), so I have no clue how is it on the rankings for UG and lower.

Also, from what I've heard, position 19 is apparently regarded as a lucky position (my research tells me that all 3 girls that were in that position ranked higher in the following sousenkyo, with the incredible case of Sasshi, that went right from pos 19 into kami-7, pos 5, in just 2 years), so I guess people are kind of interested in that.

15. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Minegishi did nothing wrong.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is grotesque.

The management should apologize and it deserves to be embarrassed. And all of you who claim management has reasonable, legal, or moral rules deserve to feel ashamed and embarrassed because you support shameful and embarrassing things. The unconscionable behaviors of management and the cowards who claim the title of fans are the only shameful behaviors here.

I hope she runs and I hope she wins.

http://wotaintraining.blogspot.com/2013 ... t-and.html

16. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^
    The real question is why do you follow a fandom that has no morals? Just saying.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^
    ^ If she runs I hope she doesn't rank. :^O^:

Nah, don't care.

Riichan is probably my favourite now in the group, along with Annin and Suzuran, but I don't expect them to get ranked very high... UG, yes, but that's it.

I hope the election in 2015 does look a bit different. :hmm: lol

18. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa

I'm ready for the new gen thing to happen... I don't like all of the new gen girls (only a handfull to be honest) but its time. Does management want to hand off the torch once AKB starts declining? They've hit their peak now and everyone seems to think they're going a bit downward. Might as well make the changes swift and fast and NOW rather than a drawn out battle of old vs new. I like the ex members running but the concept is so "WTF".

---

About Minegishi, if she runs it will be incredibly selfish. If she's really "repenting" for her wrongdoings, she would sit this one out and play it low. Sure she could run and make Senbatsu and show the world that she still has fans who love her. But then it just looks like she's making her scandal a publicity thing and less of an actual "I'm so sorry I tarnished AKB"s name". Lets see what she does.

Sasshi played off her scandal like a joke but it wasn't as serious as Minegishi's. Not because of the content, but because of her reaction. Minegishi really dug herself into a hole and in my opinion she should stay there for a bit longer.

19. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I agree completely. I love the 48 family but women's rights are absolutely backwards in it.

My votes will be going to Akimoto if she runs but if she doesn't they'll be going to Noro and maybe to Wasamin.

20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Miichan did something wrong because she represents the face of a business. By doing what she did she caused the business she works for to lose face. This isn't about women's rights or anything like that. It's purely and simply about being obligated, as an employee of a company, to use proper conduct that won't hurt the company.

This goes for everyone who works for an employer, not just idols. If I was caught publically defacing the company I work for and causing it to lose esteem in customers' eyes, I would be fired without question. Miichan is incredibly lucky she wasn't straight-up fired, and I'm positive the only thing that saved her is her 1st gen status.

That being said, for her, there are advantages and disadvantages to running. It will sure be interesting if she does run. I guess it would be a question of "how many fans did she lose" vs "how much support can the fans she still has put out for her". I don't really think she should run, but... I wonder if management would actually prohibit her from running (and just not tell us about it)?

I like that Mariko's app is in already. She's one of the most aggressive about these kinds of things after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.