1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

@freezingkiss

can we stop these bulls..

This is covered already, what did management did that was wrong? Miichan shaved her head by herself. Both sides were to blame at same time both side didn't really do anything wrong. The media took it out of proportion and the critics had field day with it.

Those rules, unspoken or not are no less unjustified compare to other industry, heck it's not unusual to have companies setting rules for romance here in U.S. either if it could create "conflict of interest". Management has the right to fire anyone for any reason, just as members have to rights to leave the group if they don't like the rule.

Screws this women's right, On one hand those stupid activists keep yelling about female has lessor pays compare to man and fashion models objectifies women. On the other hand, fashion models are the one earns the most money for women and is one of the field where generally women out-earns men.

What was wrong with AKB? It offers girl who otherwise had little chance to get into entertainment industry a chance, and it's doing a hell of a job raising girls that can actually think for themselves and their futures.

Really, I don't see anyone complaining about men's right for athletes in team sports like soccer or football or basketball when the teams put contract clauses to regulate players' weight and condition or discipline them for inappropriate conduct like excessive celebration.

2. Yukinon

Yukinon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    If you actually get signed to a team you make Millions of dollars. Um I think having these clauses are ok when your making that kind of money. These girls are not making that kind of money and they still have all this stuff they need to follow.

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Kenkyuusei

I remember reading a quote from Mr. Akimoto that goes like: "AKB48 is less business-like than you think. It's more like a school".
    To me, school is a risk-free environment where you can try doing your own things, make mistake and grow from it. After all, one of AKB48's original concepts is the idea of unpolished girls working hard, not afraid to make mistakes and grow.
    Minegishi has made some mistakes. However, if she truly embraces the AKB48's original spirit, I would rather see her enter the election, not afraid to make another mistake than doing nothing.
    If Miichan is accepted for candidacy, half of my votes would be for her!

4. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

You shouldn't trust Aki-P too much . He maybe a genius but he said a lot of contradicting and deceiving lines in his whole life :D

Morever, when a girl is signed by an agency or join a professional working evironment, what she did don't only involve herself, but a whole team / society / ...

well, I don't object to her applying or ranking, since she's a legit member. I just don't like what she did.

v yes, we should stop talking about this lol.

5. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

Ugh, are we seriously getting into this Miichan scandal crap thing again? I thought all of us wanted to just bury it in the past. [wonder]

6. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think it is relevant. Will she join, or not? That's the question.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They're not being forced into being members, its something that they want to do. Tens of thousands of apply to join akb and its sister groups, no relationships is a price that they're willing to pay to perform on stage, sing on CDs, appear on tv etc.

8. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

I'm talking about the scandal portion of it though...................then again, I suppose her joining is kinda relating back to her scandal..................................

9. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Exactly, and you also forgot about the developmental leagues or rookies leagues for sports league, if you want to go that way. The average salary for players in Minor League Baseball for example is about $15,000-30,000 USD a year and they have the similar contract structure on conditioning and stuff.

But like Reveen said, girls are free to leave if they really can't stand the rules, no one is forcing them to be AKB, they could go having audition for H!P or any other idol group if they want, or work their way up from street performances like some comedians or singers do.

10. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

To sum it up, she knew the rules. They may be shit rules in your opinion, but they are the rules. She broke them and really, nobody cared (except the super hard core wotas).
    Her reaction was what set off the negative reaction - she caused a scandal because she was overemotional, which isn't wrong.
    But by doing what she did, she brought attention to herself, the group, management, the idol industry and Japan. It was worldwide news because of rights and her being "forced" to do things and outsiders only getting half of the story before bashing it. It wasn't just herself and the group that was "shamed" (as some people view it) but it was a much wider level.

The girl from DiVA, who had a scandal - she isn't running because she said "I need you to trust me first". Kasai can use graduation or her scandal not to run. Sashi laughed it off and Yukirin's was mostly brushed off and ignored.

Mii-chan doesn't have any of those excuses. If she runs, it'll show her strength, determination and willingness to make things "right". If she doesn't, it'll be seen as an apologetic gesture. If she runs, she might stay stable or go down - either a little or dramatically (former wotas not voting/voting for someone else). Or she might stay the same or go higher if she has a lot of fan support. If she drops out, thats a senbatsu spot up for grabs right there.

Theres no point talking about the scandal itself. It happened, thats that. However whether she runs or not could make this election more interesting.

---

I'm curious about how the NMB and HKT girls are going to rank. Not the big guns, but all of these girls who put their names up first, even the KKS. After all, there is still plenty of time to research those girls, see LODs, look up clips and history etc. I doubt many of them would suddenly race up, but I do wonder if they'll garner any popularity from it... And after all Team M except 4 have entered, what are the others doing??

11. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Kenkyuusei

@Kashiko: I'm a little idealistic I know [notme] Anyway I still hope Miichan to run with that kind of spirit, or at least use that fighting spirit as her selling point for running...Borrowing the "it's ok if you hate me but please don't hate akb48" speech would add value in this situation.
    ------------------
    Just curious guys, how many of you already know for sure who you are going to vote for at this point? (assuming that your candidate(s) runs, of course)

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

For me it depends on who runs, because that will determine the number of votes each person gets, and also whether or not I vote down my list further than my #5. If, hypothetically, only 1-2 people in my top 5 were to run, I'll definitely shoot a vote or two toward someone a little lower on my ranking as well. But if all 5 or even 4 of them run, I will stick to just them. ^_^

Oh and guys, it looks like people are starting to sign up today~

13. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Personally I don't have issue with Miichan running, if she does run, I'm expecting her to drop down to mid-20s if not lower.

It's not a case people would hate her, but a case that fans are less inclined to vote for her. But I thinking a better read will be how the HS sales for this singles go. If Miichan can't even sell out her slots, then she might really be in trouble considering that Theater Edition is now a factor, which means that pretty much all senbatsu members got a 10,000 votes headstart to begin with assuming the sales translates into votes.

14. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

Talking about theatre editions, have anyone here updated that this time there're 2 kinds of theatre editions?
    - Voting code + Kobetsu andshake ticket + 1 random photo
    - Voting code + 2 random photos

That means theatre editions (or exactly, its 2nd type) are limitless!

Source: http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11500581039.html

Maybe the're aiming for a double million [whew]

15. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    kohara haruka had just signed in..

so we have total of 4 graduated members atm..

what do people think of them? what is japanese people's reception towards them?
    what made them participate to the election despite they had left the group since long?
    anyone would rank?

maybe some info from someone in japan?

I followed cindy's G+....
    seriously.. I can't believe she's 27.. she's so damn cute.. :inlove: :inlove:

16. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Good call, that 2nd type just seems to be build for power-voting. But I probably just sticking to reg. editions this year as well since I was never fan of election photos (nice to look at once, but that's about it) and I can't go the the HS. :hmm:

17. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Micchan's Supporter vs Micchan Haters/ Against her running the election

Micchan Haters -she should not run on the election because of her recent scandal and her shaving her head cause a negative image towards AKB48. Micchan sitting out of the election to show that she repent dearly of her behavior. and Micchan's punishment not as much as heavier than former AKB48 member who had scandal and was immediately fired by the management. so, she should not run on the election because of morality issues.

Micchan's Supporter - Micchan should run to show how determined she is to prove herself and gain respect again by accepting what might be the election result for her whether the sky would fall for her meaning totally her rank dropping out tremendously or will the fans accepted her apology and will still support her through thick and thin even though she disappointed her fans.

for me Micchan should run so, she may know what the fans truly feel about her now and courageously face whatever the result may be whether will it be her fallout or will the fans give her a second chance.
    and it's not about morality since like Sasshi had a scandal but was given a second chance so why not Micchan.

18. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    @Taker I wouldn't mind getting handshake tickets, if I knew I was going to Japan sometime soon. I am not, though. Do handshake tickets expire? Do they have to be used for a certain event or can they be used for any event in the future?

I was hoping that with Cindy running Nacchan would follow along. Well, I guess I will have to wait and see what she decides on.

19. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Didn't mean to get the party started calm yo tits.

You just described what was wrong. The media. Did I say anything about management?

20. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Some AKB KKS have signed up now!!

Maybe there'll be more people soon... lol I can't believe it's the third day for people signing up already. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.