Why do you really like your oshi?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by akb48, Dec 14, 2011.

1. StellaFleuret

StellaFleuret Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchiyuuki
    Twitter:
    StellaFleure
    My AKB48 oshi is Akimoto Sayaka :).

I started to like her when I saw her in last year's Senbatsu election, but I had already heard about her (= her name and the she was a member of DiVA) when she had to give up her position as captain of Team K, then gaining it back through successfully completing the Tokyo Marathon.

At the Senbatsu Election I was struck by her look. So I decided to include her in my list of "members whose activities I would definitely like to follow". I then followed her Ameba blog (I'm at Ameba myself so I can immediately see when she has posted something) and her activities as such. Then, a few weeks ago, I was even more struck by her voice and "Mushi no Ballad" at the Request Hour 2013. That was the moment I decided to make her my AKB48 oshi. Sayaka definitely has a certain special aura and a special character, that's why I like her so much. She is so lovely :).

My NMB48 and overall kamioshi is Yamaguchi Yuuki aka Yuppi though.

I first spotted her in the Oh My God! MV, then was happy to read that she managed to get in the Senbatsu for "Ue Kara Mariko". I find her quite cute and I also found it interesting that we seem to share quite a few interests. Then, I had a look at her in the NMM48 Akagumi B-sides "Boku ga mou sukoshi daitan nara" and "Renai Higaitodoke". Again I found her totally cute and lovely, especially in "Renai Higaitodoke". This and photos of her then helped me to decide making her my kamioshi.

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I have many oshi and even oshi a whole group (Nogizaka46). Today, I'm just going to speak of the two most relevant ones in my 48 fandom. Spoilers because this got pretty long. :p

Firstly, my AKB48 oshimen: Tomochin.

(Background)

My first encounter with AKB48 was with their RIVER PV. I was a Hello!Pro fan but up to that point hadn't branched out to other idol groups. I love RIVER, it's my 2nd favorite AKB single behind Hebirote everything about it hits a home run with my tastes. The girls that caught my attention were Acchan, Mariko, Sae, and Tomochin... but Tomochin was not my first AKB crush, Acchan was (which was strange because I rarely like centers lol). :blush: I lost my interest in AKB a bit after that and even started to hate on them a bit because I found some of their older material and Ponishu (which I now love) boring as hell. But around Hebirote/Beginner, I started paying attention to them again and Acchan remained my #1 for a bit then it became Mariko after I took notice of her... then I turned my attentions to Tomochin whose looks I just LOVED (that snaggle tooth :inlove: ) and it just... stuck. :XD: I bought her calendar that year and her photobook, I followed her solo debut and before I knew it, I realized she was the girl I wanted to support and succeed most in AKB so she became my oshimen. I'm the type of person that chooses my oshi (or #1 bias) first then learns about them later because I also live by the saying that you don't choose your oshimen, she chooses you.

(What I like about her)

What I've found that I like most about her is even 3 years into my fandom, I feel like I'm still learning new things about Tomochin each day and pealing back more layers. She's a true example of that old phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover", she's appears aloof, distant, diva-ish even her closest friend Acchan admits it but she's a amazingly thoughtful person. It's difficult to get close to her unless she approaches you but once you're in, she's the best friend you can have. She stuck by Miichan and Chiyuu through their recent troubles, she pushes Takamina to keep their ties close, the way she clicks with Paruru is magical and Rena's story about how she reached out to the "lone wolf" when she was feeling just a bit too lonely really touched me. One particular thing about Tomochin that's stuck with me is her reaction to her drop in the 2011 elections. That teary, disappointed face remains ingrained in my memory and whenever I hear that popular chant "lol Itano doesn't care"... that's the picture that comes to mind. Yes, she's calculated, comes off a bit arrogant and has said some cold things from time to time but that just makes her mushy center even sweeter. Sure, I'm young and female and can appreciate the more superficial things about her like her fashion sense, gyaru looks, sexy and confident air, and all that good stuff but the thing that keeps me attached to this girl is that pure "tsun" and "dere" that has always intrigued me.

Now, my Kami Oshi: Tashima Meru-chan.

(Background)

Up until last November, I didn't pay much attention to HKT48. For the most part, this was just because I frankly could not fantom bothering with another group plus after looking at the initial rooster, no one spoke out to me enough to make me want to follow this group and they didn't have a single or LOD's at the time so really could not even began to care. :lol: That changed when 2nd generation arrived and so did a very special and charming girl... named Mio. :XD: There was still no LOD's at the time though so I didn't have much to go on, I did feel a sprinkling of oshi feels going on so I decided just to keep my eye on the KKS. Then... we got the line up for Hatsukoi Butterfly. I had heard about this "2nd Jurina" but never got to see her in action since it was still a bit of ways before the LOD's premiered but first reaction was "LMAO they got some random KKS as center. Troll on Aki-P. <3 ". Still didn't have an opinion about Meru herself until the PV premiered and it was like... 'eh, this girl ain't half bad'... 'well, actually she's pretty damn good'... 'got a honker on her, but she's pretty cute too'. Afterwards, I felt compelled to find out more about her by scouring her thread for information and devouring any video of her I could get my paws on. The KKS finally had their first LOD out and I jumped on that like hotcakes and was completely blown away by this girl. Her performance style is just instant magic for me, I get dazzled and strung along like a puppy. Before I knew it, I was counting down the days until she turned 13 and got a G+ which I've since have practically stalked. By this point, it was just completely obvious that she was my oshimen but not just any oshi, but the one I've been waiting for: the one I would not hesitate to put above them all.

(What I like about her)

She's not the most dynamic idol personality I've seen or the most talented, or the best singer, best dancer, or best looking... but you're going to have a hard time convincing me this girl isn't practically perfect in every way. She's so... natural. She wears glasses, has bad allergies, says some dorky things, fangirls like a dweeb, talks to stuffed animals, and has a sweet but slightly shy smile. But on stage, she becomes something almost unnatural with her brimming confidence, sass in her movements, and cool composure. And as corny as it is, I also like the fact she's another example of what happens when you keep persistent at that idol dream like Yukirin, Haruna, Miorin, etc. before her. To see success stories like this, sends a message to all thousands of girls constantly trying out for groups trying to make it to don't quit until the fat wota sings because the right one will let you in. I'm very satisfied that Merurun chose me to oshi her and though new dazzling girls will come, I don't plan on going anywhere for the long haul.

3. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ That, is one awesome post [dance]

Nyanyways, since I have 3 oshis - Yukirin, Rena and now, Meru, I guess I might as well post how I liked each of them:

Yukirin
    My very first oshimen in the 48-family. She is practically the first member to have ever caught my attention - I mean, I found it extremely amazing how she managed to pull off a 'sexy' aura during Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate and yet also a cute one in Team B Oshi, it is something that I was really impressed by and thus she was my very first oshi, and even when I eventually decided to oshihen to Rena, she is still one of my top AKB member.
    Rena
    My second, most respected, and longest standing oshi. I started to like Rena after her performance in Kouhaku 2011, ironically with Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate again - it was just amazing tbh, I mean, I've seen other members perform the song along with Yukirin but Rena's version was another realm of its own, her performance just lingers between 'cute' and 'sexy' at the same time, and to this day its still my fav. version of the song. I'd then to find out about her solo song, Kareha no Station, which was actually quite nice to listen to, and I can really get to feel the emotion within the song being conveyed by Rena's voice.

Eventually, I'd find the 'History of Matsui Rena' video on VId48, which was what made Rena become my fav. member in the 48family - I just really liked her story tbh, to see her start out as an introverted girl and slowly make her way up to her present self was truly impressive for me and I hold deep respect for her to that.

Even now as I oshihened to Meru a few months back, Rena is still in my Onyx tier of rankings, one of the Queens [rock]
    Meru-run-run
    As I said in my rankings, there're 2 ways a member can make me decide to put her into my Onyx tier of rankings, its either:

a) Consistently holding my attention with her personality, or
    b) Completely overwhelming my heart with their charm

Meru, belongs in the latter category. I must admit, when I first heard about the whole 2nd Jurina thing I wasn't really much interested in the news at all, because HKT was barely any appealing to me at that time of moment so I just shrugged off the news and never paid attention to it, and even when HKT released Hatsukoi Butterfly, I was still kinda 'Nyeh-ish' to everything and so I once again didn't pay attention to her.

But ofc, this changed right after Unit Matsuri/Request Hour several months back - that one performance in Hatsukoi yo Konnichiwa can simply be described as 2 words - Absolute Cuteness, and the more amusing thing was that all the people on the chat were like so 'dead' and 'gloomy' and I was like "Damn man, this member is cute lol, whats her name?" It was then that I found out about her name, Tashima Meru. Back then I just thought, 'guess I got a new member to like now, yay!', but then came the performance of Onegai Valentine and Waiting Room in RH and it was after that I told myself "Bro, you have to find out more about this strange member", and so I did, I went to Youku, typed in her name and searched for videos of her - I found the clip of her debut appearence in Aru Aru YY Terebi, her gourmet hosting in one random variety show, her appearences in other shows and finally her LOD Birthday performance.

Little by little throughout the months, I found myself being more entranced by her - her sweet smile, her energetic performances, her awe-inspiring resilience, her quirky personality, her radiant coinfidence and her charming gaze, it was near perfection, beyond anything I've seen before in fact. And before I knew it, I have completely fallen in love with this girl - if there's anything such 'Fate' or if the saying that your oshi chooses you is real, then I believe it totally now.....Tashima Meru, is the first 48family member that 'chose' me.

And even now as I look at her, I just feel like theres more to this member that I have to learn and I say this from the bottom of my heart, I want to see more of her - I want to see her in variety shows, I want to see her smile and laugh, and the most of all, I want to see her fufil her dream and shine like the brightest star.

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Ok, I'll talk about my oshis in every group here, but I'll make it as brief as possible because I tend to write tl;dr stuff :hehe:

Oshima Yuko: She's my kamioshi and that will never ever change. I loved her since I first saw her, because I'm drawn to girls with big eyes haha. I love her because she's not afraid of being herself, she's an amazing performer who always gives her all no matter how tired she is, you'll never see her out of it when performing. I also admire her persistence in making her dream of becoming an actress come true, even when she failed some times. She's very talented and she's always working hard to improve herself.

Yokoyama Yui: I've always loved a hardworker, and Yui is definitely one. She also doesn't give up or quit easily, after she failed a lot of auditions she still worked up the courage to keep pushing until she made it to AKB. I like her dorky personality, she's a very sweet girl, and I love the fact that she wants to be a singer, because not many AKB girls have that goal, sadly, and I'm much more of a music person than a variety or drama kind of gal. I really like her singing voice, it's very distinctive.

Yamada Nana: It was love at first sight, I think she's absolutely cute! Her voice is really weird, but she works with it wonderfully and she's also a very polished performer, maybe because she had the experience of being an idol with Hello Project. I also like her personality, she's very witty and always knows what to say, I love that about her, she's also very responsible and has a big sense of duty towards her group, which is also a good personality trait for me.

Yakata Miki: Another love at first sight thing, she's absolutely adorable and I love her big sparkly eyes. She's always smiling and is full of energy whenever she performs, which is what I like the most about any idol. I'll admit I don't know much about her personality yet, but oshi feels don't wait for you to find out more they just capture your heart and stuff :awesome: Mikitty <3

Motomura Aoi: She's just irresistably cute! I'm not into lolis, but she's the most adorable girl to ever exist in the whole world, I just can't help but watch her and go NHHHHHHHHGHHHHH.

5. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^This.

Sae is one of those girls who expresses all types of her personality without feeling fake. She tries her hardest and is always willing to give anything a go and if she fails, she'll try again.

She isn't my number one oshi, but she's damn close.

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I love Sae, but I have no time or interest in watching SNH48 so her transfer has definitely affected how much I know about her activities and stuff. I don't think I'll stop liking her because of these things though.

7. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    My oshi : oshima yuko and watanabe miyuki.
    Why? Just one word to describes my oshi : PERFECT
    I don't need any other word

8. kunit38

kunit38 Kenkyuusei

OSR i agree haha
    my oshi is also yuko and just love everything about her
    first of all, her performances are great
    amazing dancer with such a presence and has even improved as a singer
    and then theres is her as a person
    seems so fun, outgoing, and caring
    plus she can pull off mature beauty, sexy, and cute haha

9. taiseikawano

taiseikawano Kenkyuusei

I literally have no idea why I like my oshi "Oshima Yuko". I know it's not that I am attracted to her because I have a lot of other members who I think are "hotter". It could be her "craziness" that I like, but I am pretty sure that is not it. Even til now I still have no clue what I love Oshima Yuko so much.

10. 48wotamania

48wotamania Kenkyuusei

My Kami Oshi is Itano Tomomi.

At first, I noticed her in Beginner but I thought she was pretty and that's all. I used to (still tho :p) idolized Nana from After School so I basically love tall Idol. I wasn't really paying any attention to AKB until one day I get bored then browsed Beginner on youtube. I WAS AND AM IN LOVE WITH THE SONG. I love the ending part where Acchan, Yuko & Tomochin turn around and posed like "don't mess with me" lol. So I decided to search their names, but they didn't moved my heart yet. Especially Tomochin, too normal for me.

One day, I saw youtube recommendation.. UZA!!
    And so I watched it. OH MAN! Tomochin just wow!! She stood out the most! (I also fell for Mayuyu btw :^O^: she's very cool in that chair when she just swing her shoulder to the left and right with a very cool face) I rated the PV an A!! Straight A!! And I knew I kinda like Tomochin back then, so I searched more about her!

I found out that she's been accused for plastic surgery. I do believe it's true, I can tell the difference, I'm not blind, but man, my heart won't stop being curious, even till now! I don't care whatever she does with her face or anything back then, I searched more about her. Her bitchy attitude kinda make my heart race! I found her very attractive, irresistible, her smile is NOT WARM at all for me BUT IT'S CAPTIVATING!! Her reactions to things around are mostly slow, but I found it very cute about her <3 she has a small body, unlike my previous Idol, but i keep wondering why I keep coming to her :D For some reason everything she does just make my heart race! I think I would never ever care about her negative sides, I love all parts that most people hate about her! I LOVE HER MORE THAN MY LOVE TO NANA!! I LOVE HER MORE THAN MY LOVE TO MY T.O.P OPPA!! I LOVE HER MORE THAN MY LOVE TO GD OPPA!!

I like everything she does! I'd do anything to meet her someday, even just once! I will do my best for her in this election! Even if that means, my boyfriend and my lil bro should buy some singles too :lol:

Okay it is a long story. Apologize for it :^^;:

Peace ^^v

11. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

my kami oshi of coz queen oshiri sisters [party] [party]
    coz they both pervert :^O^:

Yuko : she definitely prove the awesomeness of akb48..where u can be cute, sexy, cool, pervert, beautiful & it just that she possess all the positive aura from idol :hehe: ..i will never get tired from seeing her talk coz it was so funny..she just like takamina when given her thoughts because they prove although idol have to fake mostly their persona & feeling & also have to smiles but they have reveal their still stay true to themselves
    ..which makes me have some hope in idol inustry after my ex idol kago ai fell abruptly :hmm:
    for me between her rivalry acchan & yuko..definitely yuko is the winner queen at least for me...although people say that she is not suit in become center coz her aura was so stands out but im sure that make many people like yuko.. & notice her :^^;: definitely i'm going to support her this year election coz i want her to leave with a bang & show my support[party]

ps: i still don't see yuko was old than me..except her thought & talk of coz :hehe:

Mayuyu : she starts the sparks of my interest in her after i watch her solo debut performance in music fair..
    she the 1st akb48 senbatsu that prove she is not lip sync..(don't blame me coz i was new akb fans back then & tokyohive is the only source i can get update about akb..) :^^; she is so beautiful without her twintail..although many people can't stand her creepy smiles & high pitch voice but i still like her..i wish she will use her deep & lower voice coz i can see that's high pitch voice was not really her vocal range :^^;:
    but well she have to improve her awesomeness since the start of 2nd chapter is begun already..i hope she can be no1 in sousenkyou although she may quite likely follow the yuko path.. :fp:

conclusion: the both make me still got me hooked in this fandom & everytime i got tired or boring of akb..either they both make me feel fresh & energized again when i woke up in the morning.. [clap] [clap]
    (sorry for my bad english)

12. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Matsui Jurina
    literally the first member to really stick out to me. when i first saw her in katafai pv, i just had to look her up and i've been following her ever since. she's amazing, beautiful and completely talented. not to mention an incredibly hard worker that gives 110% to everything she does. i just really love all those qualities about her. she is my kami-oshi. and i just like can't even imagine oshihenning from her.

Kinoshita Momoka
    it has taken me forevah to find an nmb oshi, like for srsly.
    but i started watching team m lods and momoka happened. she's just so freaking AWESOME [rock]
    like everything she does never fails to amuse me or make me laugh. and she has sooooo much energy, which she puts to good use during lives. she's one hell of a performer. also one of the things that i always like and try to find in an idol is good mc skill, and she definitely has it. i just... momokasashjkakib

Okada Ayaka
    like i've never been one much for kks, idk why, i've just never took the time to really check them out. but i've recently started getting into them. i guess it was th b3 that did it.
    so anyways, one of the first lods i watched was of ayaka's bday.
    i was mainly watching it cuz it said it was nana's bday too. and i ofc heard lots about nana, so i was gonna see what all the buzz was about. but then when i watched it.. i mean.. just... ayaka. she's so cute and quite charming.
    her dance skill is great and whatnot, but it's her beauty that really draws you in. imho prob one of the prettiest 48 members i've seen.

13. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^Another Momoka fan! Nice to meet you lol

I've become more interested in SKE lately, so heres my two favourites.

Matsui Rena. Gorgeous and able to pull off a variety of looks. A strong performer and very convincing at what she does (whether that be Gekikara or an idol). I hope to see her diverse into many different things and I hope she beats Jurina in the elections. I also ordered her photo book. I feel she has a very strong inner strength - her aura is amazing

Yagami Kumi. Also found via Majisuka. Cute, genki and a hard worker. I hate her graduating but I feel her choice was very thought out and quite mature which I admire. I love her eyes and she's so very sweet. I hope we eventually see her return to the entertainment industry. Also ordered her photo book.

(But of course, Tomochin is still my number one. It should be illegal to have so much perfection in a person!)

14. Yuling

Yuling Kenkyuusei

My very first Japanese 'crush' I guess you could call it, was Nana Mizuki. Been a huge fan ever since she broke out onto the scene years ago. She's my Goddess. What does that have to do with AKB48 you might ask?

Well, I was having a hard time trying to figure out who I liked better, Mayu Watanabe or Kojima Haruna. Finally, I saw a live duet that I took as a sign. It was Mayu Watanabe and Nana Mizuki singing Discotheque together on Music Fair.

BAM. Decision made.

Edit: Added video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeRYXXb9e8s

15. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    My oshi is Mariko-sama :)

I know she is not very popular in the forums and such, she's kinda more popular among females and non-wotas fans. I'm not a wota, just a typical girl who is into fashion and japanese trends..

2 and half years ago, my bf intro-ed me to watch akbingo. I was skeptical because i usually dun go for idols, thinking they are otaku's fave only. but my bf actually told me i'm gonna like a girl call mariko.

Surprisingly, akbingo was entertaining (in the past). and my bf was right. I love mariko's humor and the rest who was so cute and funny. i read up on akb esp mariko, i think how she entered akb was really cool...
    I started liking akb from then on...

When i see mariko's fashion spread on magazines and her photos for photobook, i'll just be blown away.
    she is such a natural model. if you guys know Karina, I'm a huge fan of her. Mariko kinda give the same aura.

as time past, some changes in akb just pissed me off...
    but i'm so glad mariko is not graduating anytime soon, she's still strong and awesome...

i'm also a fan of saeyaka.
    mb because i'm a girl, and i sorta know how they are less popular among male otakus.
    it sorta makes me like them more...
    they are really awesome

16. katshaaa

katshaaa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    My oshi's Miichan~

I would've gone for a "safer" choice before, choosing Tomochin or Mariko-sama to be my oshi, since most girls chose them as their oshis. However, as I watched more AKB-related things, I noticed this cutely hilarious girl who looks really good in glasses (biased with megane, gomen :hehe:), and then Watashi wa Watashi happened. And she was crying as she performed. And I read her history. And I was hooked.

I find it extremely admirable that despite her lack of popularity compared to other first gen members, she still strives to be a good idol without ever losing her sense of self. The whole scandal thing also proved that she's immensely dedicated to AKB, doesn't it? It's just that, behind her incredibly witty remarks and sweet smiles, there's a real person that feels disappointment and sadness, and Miichan chooses to address those and even show some of her vulnerability to us. I guess I just find her as a really amazing role model to look up on, someone who's genuinely happy yet — like most normal humans — have flaws and a streak of insecurity in her.

17. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

My oshi is Miyazawa Sae. I was confused at first, seeing so many girls (as in the case with many fans I suppose) and compared to Morning Musume, it was really fast for me to select my favs. But for AKB48, I think it took me quite a while by watching tonnes of their AKBingo and Nemousu shows and even PVs...and to be honest, it wasn't Sae who caught my eyes at first. I think it was either Yukirrin or Takamina but over the period, Sae left the strongest impression for me. Whenever she's up on the screen, it felt like the whole show just got a little more interesting and she's just fun to watch. I like her genki attitude, tomboyish and yet, at the same time, she shows very girly reactions in certain situations (similar to me). I mean, you 'd think she's brave enough to do bungee jumping at Nemousu TV with her boyish attitude, but no, she practically looked like hopeless girl and that's when her true inner girl appears. But the Majisuka Gakuen also showcased her ikemen style. And the best part, she's not even faking it. At least, I don't think so. ;)

I also like how friendly she is, as proven at the AKBingo Senpai vs Kouhai episodes. and various other situations. She's just very helpful towards her kouhais, and I really respect that. Then, her pictures at the blogs or the two-shots, 3-shots she took with the members are very nice and watching her smile just makes my day bit brighter (esp if I'm having a bad day). To me, she's just awesome the way she is. And last but not least, she has the best hairstyle imo.

18. Raidenkun

Raidenkun Kenkyuusei

somehow i just feel like i don't really love my oshi [worried]

i always change my oshi …

Fujita Nana → Kojima Haruna → Takahashi Minami → Kasai Tomomi → Iwatate Saho → Shania

@@

i did oshihen on Naana, KojiHaru, TakaMina and still love Kasai san as goldoshi, Sahho as kamioshi, Shanju as subkamioshi… but @@ i'm getting more and more other oshi(s) like Beby, Haruka, Melody, Della (JKT gen 2 is good), Via … @@

so i dont know if i will oshihen on my now-oshi in the future ~~

esp Kasai san…i don't want to oshihen on her … but … since i rarely saw her … since i always putted my eyes on JKT …
    T ^ T

19. dsdevil48

dsdevil48 Kenkyuusei

well for me my oshi is always been Akicha (Takajo aki) - because at first i like her cos of her personality and her looks *obviously* and then i always love undergirl's songs especially when she's in it , the song is always just click on me and i first love her voice when i first hear her on "kakko warui i love you" by french kiss a subunit which she was in it and right there i insstantly fell heads over heels over her x) :inlove: :inlove:

20. Covert Harris

Covert Harris Kenkyuusei

Re: Why you really like your oshi?

Mike, I am late getting here, but I agree with you. Tomo is my girl. It's crazy, but if I don't look at her at least once a day I get withdrawal. She is magic to me, my favorite person in the world, next to my wife. I get geeky and ring in Jungian symbolism, as I have in other posts. Tomo is an anima figure to me, like a mythological nymph.

I like her in her tribute to Lady Ga Ga in her photo book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRdYv35WRU