Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  2. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
    Re: Team A - Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi)

Another pict from her last handshake event with AKB (from tgsk's g+)
    [​IMG]

From Yuko's blog:
    And from fan's report, Candy (Live) was played twice on the screen while she was saying farewell to her fans.

。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

3. Raidenkun

Raidenkun Kenkyuusei

any fan report? i bet that baka Kasai cried a lots (●´、ゝ`)σ

4. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the pics. It's definitely awesome, I'm so happy the fans did that!

5. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

So proud of Chiyuu. And it's always nice to see the fans showing their appreciation for her. (The only thing that would have made it better in my mind was for the crowd to do a 360 degrees Komanechi for her. [hehe] ) She still has many fans who adore her, myself included, who will continue to follow her career. I'm sure she realizes that and will continue to do her best.

Chiyuu oshi for life!

6. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi

Tomo~mi's blog translation :inlove:
    Photo of her visiting the affected area on 4/13
    [​IMG]
    more photos on AKB official blog

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

From Yuko's thread (courtesy of gideon123)

[Oshima Yuko] Personal Clothes Collection
    Entry No. 3
    It's so sad that her graduation's coming closer, eh?
    So I love it how she always stays close
    By saying "Yuko~"
    Kasai Tomomi
    [​IMG]

8. tomomioshi

tomomioshi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tomomioshi
  9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Bunshun is dropping another scoop article on AKB. They claim these photos to be of Kasai and Kubota Yasushi, president of AKS and KRK - taken April 9th. The article then goes on to accuse Kasai of sleeping over at his apartment.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In 2010, he received around 1.5 million USD in damages from Bunshun after they had printed an article suspecting him to be involved with Shinoda Mariko, among others. AKS denied all allegations.

The magazine is released tomorrow. I don't think I need to translate the other pages of the article, given that most of it is rather sensationalist. The core of it is what I wrote above.

10. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

I hope they will live happily ever after. :inlove:

11. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

1,5 USD, you mean 1,5 million, no?

People from the shadow never get targeted.

12. akisato

akisato Kenkyuusei

She is graduating anyway so its kinda okay, I think this will damage AKS more than Kasai.

13. achanp2

achanp2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Will it damage AKB too? What kind of member slept over at her boss' apartment...

14. Alayzard

Alayzard Kenkyuusei

The same member that got into trouble with her choice of PhotoBook cover and also the same one that left a game on live television [speechless]

This will most likely not affect AKS nor AKB as much. It probably will do some damage to her already now-almost-poor reputation though...poor girl, even when she is about to graduate she's still being targeted, alas, its probably easier to smear a name that was already tarnished before than a fresh one, what cruelty are tabloids :(

15. support

support Kenkyuusei

This is probably the worst scandal I have seen so far. I had always wondered why tomomii had so many consecutive opportunities despite all the stuff that had happened. Sure the photoshoot thing wasn't completely her fault, but she was involved and that is enough to link her to a dodgy event at the very least. Now I have a very good guess as to why she has so many good opportunities and I wish I didn't.

So I read the translated article. Cut away all the translation differences, hearsay and anonymous sources and the solid facts of the matter is this:

1. There are pictures of Kasai leaving the president's house alone, clearly recognisable face
    2. There are photos of kasai hanging out with the president at really late times whilst alone. Clear faces
    3. Kasai lives in the presidents old house
    4. The president has a wife and kids
    5. Kasai has been linked to two scandalous incidents, game show and booby touching kid within months
    6. Kasai has been publically condemned by veterans on her professional attitude in same time
    7. She is to appear in a drama, graduate and has another solo single planned. These news come within the same year as 5. And 6.

From this article alone it has caused in my opinion a lot of damage because it not only paints kasai as morally and professionally reprehensible by insinuating that she didn't get her opportunities legitimately and is involved with a married man, it also drags aks through the dirt since the married man is the president of aks. I don't know how kasai can recover from this except to go into hibernation until this blows over. Aks could sue again I suppose but it's hard to recover their reputation with photographs of the alleged incidents there. They cant be vague about the whole thing like minegishi and sasshi because both people involved are high profile. This is literally the boss of the corporation we are talking about here, everything is akb related and damaging to akb as a whole.

If this is true then imo what happens from now on is very important because it's critical to tomomii's career. How much does the president like her? She has caused a spot of bother but now it's more serious since it involves him and his company linked to him. If this is true then he must have been very fond of her to still give her chances despite the bad rep. But with this he might consider dumping her completely and cleanly or at least be quiet for a bit. All the cards are in his hands, i have no doubt that he has enough power to keep kasai from the blacklists, but if he decides she isn't worth it then what can tomomi do with a damaged reputation and no support?

The scene is grim for her even if this isn't true. Maybe kasai is just so awesome that management liked to give her opportunities? Maybe she just bumped into the president at night and they spontaneously had a movie marathon at his place?maybe the president is very friendly and hangs out with akb girls at his place all the time and nobody knows about it? Then management would drop her even faster than a hot potato because of the bad rep she got for them as a whole company. She could possibly be made a scapegoat in the worst case scenario. All in all this is a huge hit I'm not sure she can survive gracefully.

Im not saying that this article is 100% true etc. Just that even if it is just 5% true it can cause a lot of damage. This isn't just an issue of love rules which we can argue for and against for eternity, this is about the universally and internationally big boo boo of having inappropriate relations with your boss. It reflects on the whole group because if the head is seen to be rotten, then everything about akb is a farce. The concept of the girls working hard to achieve their dreams? Ruined forever. They can't even hush it up completely because akb is far too big and noticable now. I really think this is unfortunate for Kasai. She just seems to make the most unfortunate decisions. I cant help but personally think this is true and I just think its probably not the wisest thing to rely so much on one person to make your wishes come true. It leaves you vulnerable since all the cards are in his hands.

16. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

While there isn't 100% control, I think surely there'd be some choice involved in that - but then again the details of the photobook thing was quite vague so no one knows who made the descision about it.

That aside, this "scandal" is obviouslly an attempt to make money for Bunshun and nothing more, Kasai is already graduating and I highly doubt this will cause any major inconvenience to AKS or the guy involved in the matter - at the worst, it'll bring down Kasai's image even more considering the her previous 'scandals'.

But eh, people like Bunshun can make black become white and chocolate become 'you know what', for all we know this could just be a random picture that they happened to take and then just tacked some random shit onto it to sell as a legit scandal - either ways, they're probably screwed (again) if AKS decides to take legal action on grounds of invasion of privacy and slander.

17. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

why exactly he received 1.5 million USD from BS? i really dont understand. [think]
    someone please explain.

18. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu

Why is that I always wake up to find that something like this happens??!! :blink:

19. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

He sued Bunshun for tarnishing the image ofc.

20. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

What Yuki88 said, he probably sued them on the grounds of defamation and the court judged Bunshun guilty so they had to pay 1.5m in compensation or something like that.

But really though, one does not simply take a photo of 2 people and accuse them of having a relationship - its like saying PSY is in a relationship with Lady Gaga just because they were spotted leaving the same resturant, bad analogy, but the point is that theres really no base for this stuff unless they have pictures of them holding hands or something - and because there's no real concrete evidence, AKS can easily sue Bunshun again on the same grounds as last time or probably even more.

And from the pictures HRP posted above, it looks like they barely got their facts together when they wrote this article. It looks more like a point-blank attempt to make some money out of the upcoming elections - the whole thing is like that 'group-date' article with Minegeshi and Yukirin a while back tbh, sensationalist stuff with no basis at all but just linked to a already hot scandal at that time, in this case it is linked to Kasai who had already suffered 2 blows earlier ago.