1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. oyasumiichan

oyasumiichan Kenkyuusei

Re: KKS - Minegishi Minami (Miichan)

So I was just thinking...Even though Miichan ranked below senbatsu...won't she end up being in the senbatsu anyways?

Mariko is leaving. Tomochin is leaving.

Therefore Miichan would then be #16.

Just a thought.

2. akbaholic18

akbaholic18 Kenkyuusei

There is a good chance she could be. When the cool single comes along, I think she might get put into senbatsu since she's one of the best dancers in AKB. And the cool single usually have a lot of dancing more than their other singles. I just think too, I could be wrong...

3. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

so.. what is Miichan and the guys talking about Miichan generally?

Well.. this senkyou only deciding for one song. I think when Miichan is considered to be ready by management, i'm quite sure she will be on 33rd single of AKB, well..... yeah i'm quite sure, and i hope so.

@ Neve: We will bw glad if you want to translating all of Miichan's blog post (while kanki is still busy and not in charge). keep up the great work, bruh! [hehe]

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

From the Sousenkyo thread...
    "I thought a lot about whether it'd be wrong for me, who hurt my beloved AKB48, to even participate in this election. But if I fled from this situation, I never would be able to stand here again, so I strongly felt that I want to stand on this stage. That's why I am very happy that I am able to tell you my thanks right now on this stage. To all who gave me the courage and opportunity to step up to this stage. Thank you so much for not abandoning me and for supporting me. No matter how uncool it might seem, I am going to do my best starting from scratch and go on recklessly so that I can be once again be approved of as AKB48. And luckily, my hair has grown again. I think that corresponding to the length my hair has grown again, I am growing as a person. Please continue to watch over me. I am really happy. Thank you."
    :cute: :cry: :inlove: :( [clap]

5. oyasumiichan

oyasumiichan Kenkyuusei

Just noticed someone is using the avatar that I made from my own DVR'd HD clip of a Snack Eden episode...

Took me a while to get the scene right and cut it perfectly.

Would've been nice had you at least asked... :^^;:

6. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
  7. maskedapple

maskedapple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina

Thanks anyway! at least we get it translated!

And thanks for the election message translation. Wow, Miichan has changed a lot hasnt she

8. akbaholic18

akbaholic18 Kenkyuusei

Thank you everyone for the nice things posted here :)

A part in her blog where it says she's not a respected senpai, well I think she doesn't know that members do look up to her! The AKB kks probably look up to her, Kanon, some members in HKT, and probably more members respect her and look up to her. I really hope she will see one day that she's a respected senpai too.

9. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454

@Neve: oh, we glad to have you here <3
    If you don't mind, I really want to know about what Miichan said in the video I posted yesterday. :cute:
    From Ayanan's G+
    [​IMG]
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/109604402297397821753/posts/5gnaYGtTXmZ
    sometimes I wish Miichan updated her G+ more often

10. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

So let's see...

So the first bit is just a cut from the later interview, and then they give a summary of the scandal and the elections.

When it cuts back to Miichan, the interviewer says he thinks her haircut suits her. She says thank you, but she doesn't think it's suitable for an idol. Then they talk about what happened. She says that for the first two months after the scandal, she cried every day for some reason or another :cry:. She says that she thought many times that she would enjoy life more if she quit AKB.

The interviewer asks if she thinks the fans' feelings 'went away' (I guess he means the negative feelings of the fans). She says that they probably have now, but there were people who said that they'd stop being her fan.

More commenter chatter, cut of her appeal.

The interviewer asks what her feelings are now about the preliminaries. She says that she feels fine now, but that when she took her seat and they started calling names, she felt like she couldn't get away, and she felt very scared.

The interviewer asks if she feels enthusiastic. She says no ><

It seems like that interview in the car all took place just before the actual elections. Then we have some newscaster guy going around and interviewing people. I like the family of a father and his two children with their custom made shirts. I wonder what his wife thinks ^^;

Lots of footage of the elections. Skipping ahead to about 26 mins when they go back to Miichan.

The interviewer asks what she thought of the elections. She says that she caused a great commotion, but she's very grateful for the rank that she's received in spite of that. The interviewer then hands her the board with messages collected from people who were arriving for the elections (wow, that's really sweet!). He points out a message from someone who came all the way from China to support her.

She says that normally, when an idol looks like her (referring to her short hair), people would definitely resolve to stop supporting them. But there are many people who said "I like Miichan, what she looks like doesn't matter" and "It's Miichan's personality that I like". She says that she's surprised that she has that kind of existence, doesn't want to make those people sad, so she feels she needs to renew her efforts.

There's another cut, and then she says that she's seen how hard the kenkyusei try, and she wants to try harder to connect (I'm not sure if she means connect to the fans or the kenkyusei). I don't really understand the bit that she says when she's smiling (something about losing in a showdown with "Miyane-san" - who's that?). But she finishes by saying that she'll continue to try her best, so please support her.

That was really moving. One of those times when I feel proud to be an AKB48 fan ^_^

11. karles48

Thank you!! [clap] I love when she laughs at the end... :inlove:

12. javilind

javilind Kenkyuusei

Thanks!!! :D Indeed, Miichan personality is unique :inlove: that's why she, as Akimoto-sensei said, will probably still be in TV in 30 years from now.

I think the same. She's good at singing, good at dancing, good at talking, just to say a few things, of course there are kouhai who admire her.

13. ReiBean

ReiBean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Aaaaaaahhh that video :cry: All my namidas won't stop! It hurts to see Miichan look down at herself for her hair :cry: It really looks good! Even many people on tumblr recently (most are not Miichan fans) admit that she looked WONDERFUL during the election. I think she might have gained some fans with that ikemen hair [hehe]

It was really touching how all those people came to support Miichan at the election! I wish I had money to go...maybe go have a Miichan celebration party too~

& the board of messages was SO sweet! (Wow what an awesome Miichan fan from China!) SO thoughtful that they would do something like that for her (I think someone working there is a Miichan-oshi as well~)

That one guy during the interview that also shaved his head for Miichan is quite admirable. I loved his choice of words when he talked about not being affected by the scandal because "it can't be helped since Miichan is a human too".

14. maskedapple

maskedapple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawaeirina

Well i dont think anyone really forced Miichan to cut her hair after the scandal, it was more of her choice wasn't it?

I read from somewhere that shaving your hair in Japan means you're apologetic and seeking for forgiveness (correct me if i'm wrong) and for that i actually respected Miichan more than ever. Its hard for a girl to shave their heads and what she did was amazing. She's a strong girl and im sure she'll bounce back from this. Actually, i had a prediction that once she's back in AKB she'll break into the top 10. I mean if Sasshi can get #1, why not Miichan?

Well i haven't seen any videos/documents about her progress in KKS, i can pretty much say that she's doing fine and tbh this lack of news about her is a good thing - takes the heat off her for that scandal until everyone eventually forgets and is ready to move on. :music:

15. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei

We'll probably never know exactly what went on behind the scenes at that time, we can only speculate.

Miichan's scandal was harder than Sasshi's, partly because Sasshi's sounded like about 80% bullshit anyway (that report sounded more like some guy's fantasy than anything resembling fact) and partly because Sasshi has been consistently rising in popularity every year whereas Miichan probably always felt like a bit of an outsider compared to the other 1st gen members who were always getting single-digit ranks.

But yeah, I agree, I respect her a lot because of how she acted afterwards. She was really honest about it (it wouldn't have caused half the scandal it did if she'd just done what Sayaka and Sasshi did, and said it was the press making things up and that guy was just a friend). And she's stayed in AKB48, even though under all that pressure, a lot of people would have quit. As I said, I would normally have been voting Takamina, but after seeing Miichan's strength this year, it made me want to support her ^^

16. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

About shaving her hair. At first, i have shocked by her decision to shave the hair and upload it on youtube. And like the most of her fans, the heart is broken. And i 'cried' and feeling down for about 4-5 days (lol, i laughed when remembered who stupid i am).

But whe i saw how cool she is on senkyou yesterday i think: "wow.. that was great decision, mii" and then: "i hope she keep the short hairstyle lol she is the most handsome member now... even she is more handsome than me #ugh lol".

Yes, she is doing fine with KKS, and being a Great Senpai there.

17. karles48

I don't think their cases are comparable. Apart from the fact that the scandals were quite different, I guess Sasshi got tones of votes from Fukuoka, while the other members can't rely on something similar (well, Lovetan, Sae....perhaps, but Miichan certainly not... :()

18. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454

^
    you forgot Oita Prefecture

Thank you so much

I think Miichan don't want to talk about her scandal anymore but there are something I really want to say for the last time before I forget it 100%. I'm sorry if someone annoys with my words

Honestly, I didn’t surprise about her action. Because she is Miichan- the Negative Minami, who can't feel anxiety just because of tiny things. And that action really made me respect her more because as a girl, I know hair is really important. Haters only increased when it was blown into a worldwide article . A lot of people criticized her. Someone said that he/she feel ashamed to be an AKB's fan. But they forgot that it's not totally Miichan's fault. Did this girl ask journalists to write about her scandal and make her into a victim? No, she didn't. Did she want them to blow everything with human rights or something like that? Absolutely not! Now look back, all I can say is our Miichan is unlucky girl [sweat]

So, after that mess, did she be blasted? No. That also because she is Miichan, a person who never give up. That why she is my oshi.Keep supporting and you'll see the day our Miichan shines again. And yes, juniors love her :^O^: . Last Saturday, Mikichan was very happy for Miichan although she didn't rank. And didn’t Juri have teary eyes too?

Back to the present
    I still really hope Miichan will be promoted back into a full member soon. She needs to have new fans. I really want Ogi Pro will do something more for their girls. Look at Ohta Pro with Kirate, Yuko, Sasshi (and Acchan). They have a lot of jobs outside AKB. :^^;:

19. my-eye7

my-eye7 Kenkyuusei

20. karles48

No. Each member gets a lot of votes from her homeland but, since Sasshi is the most famous member of HKT48, I'm sure she got a lot of votes from the rest of prefectures in that part of Japan too.