Event / Concert Sousenkyo 2013: Ue kara Sashiko (post-event)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 8, 2013.

1. tsuru

tsuru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This as well.

I don't think they'll have her usurp center position so to speak, but we'll probably hear stuff from her previous singles. I'm hoping for an Atsumina duo. :inlove:

2. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    That's not what I meant by change, but I do hope she keeps her 'bite', that's an interesting part to her. I was referring more to ambition to improve, how much more she begins to acknowledge her fans, and other things she can do to show that there's more to her than how we see her. That kind of stuff. As for Mayu, she's going to have to break through the CG/Idol image that she's depended on for so long if she wants to be center.

3. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    What Acchan come back??? [wonder] [wonder]
    What a long awaited performance by Acchan!!!I really looking forward for her!! [party] [party]
    Guys is it possible in the future in one release single for AKB48 Acchan participate in that single???
    Maybe the concept like: "AKB48 feat Maeda Atsuko" OR "Maeda Atsuko feat AKB48" OR "Acchan and Friends"??? :inlove: :inlove:
    Lastly WELCOME BACK Acchan!!Can't wait to "SEE" her in 48 Group activities!!!!! :awesome: :awesome:

4. m3l

m3l Kenkyuusei

I watched Paruru "speech"... is it just me who think she was kinda trying very hard not to burst into tears, therefore can't say anything too much... I remembered in Kousagi Doujo even the members said usually Paruru doesn't show others her real emotions....
    But, after she seated, her expressions was :fp: :^^;: :^^;:
    She still has a very very very long way to go to be center worthy... Her improvement fades when the camera spread to include other girls...

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'm just wondering why they announced Acchan to appear on the concert rather than keep it as a surprise for all of us.

At first, I thought it would be a stupid move to do so because it is Acchan, and people will be surprised to see her if they didn't reveal it until the actual concert itself. But then again the concert will be on a weekday so it might be something to think about. After all, they need to fill the dome with people, and maybe inviting Acchan might do it.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It's actually weird they're saying Acchan is going AND that they'll announce a new unit. Those things are usually surprises, like promotions and such.

But yeah, if the concert is on a weekday, they must try their best to fill the venue.

Maybe Acchan will just appear on stage and yell "SPR48 IS COMING!" and leave. :XD:

7. ET920

ET920 Member

Her only problem would be if she is paired with Miruki or Akarin for the close shoots, where the difference would be notorious. But if they are doing the last 4 together, she wouldn't be with them, but instead with Yui and Tomochin, who are also awkward while smiling. In any case, I think Paruru's expressions are much better for PVs than live events, Hashire Penguin got some of her best face gestures.

8. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I don't think Acchan participating in one concert would threaten the new gens in any way :^^;:

And if she comes to promote her single, that's fine too. I don't care what other people will say, but I honestly think she has one of the best voices in AKB. I would've hated it if she chose to stop singing like Mariko did.

I'm glad the Osaka and Nagoya domes don't have any events tied to them... yet. It'll be too much to ask for them to be solely about the sister groups, but at least they won't be overshadowed by AKB graduations and announcements. Though I'm sure AKS is not stupid enough to piss off the local fans by not giving NMB and SKE any spotlight.

Now I wonder how much the dome tour blu-rays would be [sweat] . If we calculate it by scaling from the 1830m blu-ray set... it'll be at least 60000 yen / 600 dollars for all of them [sweat] ? AKS is going to be Bill Gates-level rich...

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wouldn't be surprised if the Fukuoka/Nagoya/Osaka first days were dedicated to the sister group from each city and the second day for AKB48/all the groups. [think]

10. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Many people seem to think that for Paruru to be successful she needs to be more business/customer-oriented and she needs to be smiling all the time, like an elevator-lady. I'm sorry I can't cheer on an elevator lady. I have nothing against idols who are like that, but i love her just the way she is, salty, capricious, funny and sweet.

Lots of people say she needs to work on her MC skills. Well everytime she does say something i burst out laughing like in the Yui-Paru advice corner (Paruru thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2111&start=5400) or recently, on a Team B stage MC she said she would be okay with having a Team B Baka-Test because Haruna and others would place behind her. Or in Saturday Child Night Machine where she has to built children's toys but invariably fails at doing it right.

So what we do already have here is a gem and many people just fail at seeing it.

P.S.: Paruru's speech was perfect!

11. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

^ I'm not really a fan of Paruru. If she's herself that's fine, but I'm among those that think she needs to speak better. She was really trying during the Mechaike SP, Yabe was trying to help her out too. I'm not knocking her saltiness, I get why people might like it. Like Kiyoto said in AKBINGO, what's salt to some is sugar for others :lol:

Actually, the times I look forward to seeing Paruru is during her How-to corner on Saturday Night Child Machine. Maybe I'm a little sadistic but I like seeing her try to figure things out :^^;: The guy in the bear costume is pretty funny too. In the first episode when Paruru asks him what they think they're making he said, "Evangelion?" :XD:

12. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
  13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

well the thing is you're already a fan so you like her the way she is now, which is perfectly fine. I think the paruru must improve comments are viewing her as a future center/kami 7 paruru where she's going to need to pick up more fans than she has now and possibly appeal to a more general audience and also represent akb as a leading member. :)

14. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Hope the new unit is a KKS one. H!P has a KKS unit right now that's been pretty well received and it made me wonder how AKS hasn't thought to do this before especially with the way 9th/10th gen were pushed. I'll be pretty satisfied with anything though, I've always been a subunit person and miss having their releases to look forward to. :(

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Well if there's ever gonna be a KKS unit (subgroup-wise I mean, not the one-shot thing like miniskirt), now is the time to do it with the 14th gen. I mean it's set up perfectly in Bara no kajitsu - not to mention, Okada Nana and Kojima Mako being pushed to high heaven in other media as well. It would be even better if it was a multi-group KKS unit... something along the lines of WRH7 but with KKS from all 4 groups. That would be swell. (But really, I'd prefer some of those KKS to get promoted instead...)

16. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I said involvement on AKB48 not Acchan's individual interest.
    or better yet they will make a skit of the three queens that won the election. Yuko, Acchan and Sasshi.
    my ideal new unit not group are Jurina, Paruru, Milky, Mayuyu and Sayanee :inlove:

17. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I can already see Acchan's return...

*AKB48 singing Flying Get with Sasshi as center, Acchan goes on stage and shoves Sasshi away*

Acchan: Bitch, you're in my spot.

18. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    that will be fun :lol:
    but how I wish they could change the seltlist of the songs every day of the dome.
    I like the duo or unit songs on SSA and Seibu Dome than on Tokyo Dome setlist.

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Wah, been a while since I've been here! (A lot of circular topics and people wearing oshi/group glasses and refusing to listen to others opinions...) (None of these comments are directed at people in particular, just my general musings)

tl;dr: Fans make the vote, don't like too bad. This is a popularity contest - each person has their own individual likes and dislikes, which is why we have different oshis. We also all have different bank accounts, which affect how we vote. This is not a beauty contest (though if that is why you like a girl, go you) nor is it a talent contest (if thats why you vote, again, good for you). Don't like it, lump it.

Catching up on old topics:
    Sae's decision was for the best. Yes, its very risky and a gamble, but she wants to make a stand. It was obvious she wasn't happy with her concurrency and what else can she get out of AKB? Senbatsu, song #2 in RH, one of the most recognisable faces. SNH is really the only place she can go up. Perhaps it should have stayed behind closed doors (we would have had a public announcement regardless), but unless you can 100% say she didn't talk to management about it, don't act like she's causing trouble. She probably could have been a bit less blunt, but whatever. Maybe we'll hear another graduation announcement ;p

Theres a lot of people who don't understand the girls, or group, outside of their oshi. The amount of hate Paruru and Anna (??) got for their expressions - wow, I'm sorry, but would you like to burst into tears and try and give a speech infront of 70K+ people not to mention online watchers? Not everyone likes to let their feelings fly. Even Sasshi - she was shocked, it was a stunned laugh, when you're nervous. Why is it okay for every other member (and audience member) to have those expressions but the girls in question can't be a bit moody?

Its nice to see people referring to the group as a whole rather than, purely sub groups, I guess? It would be nice if AKB did balance it out a bit, but really, they can't push everyone and they want money and interest. Pushing 12 girls with similar personalities won't do it. Pushing 12 girls from different parts of the country? More likely to get interest: 'rivalry' and pride for the home group. 12 girls with different personalities (salty, baka etc)? Not your typical idol, more likely to get noticed and garner attention.

Also, when Sasshi said "I forgot to sit in the chair" OMFG ahahaha yes you are brilliant. HOWEVER, please don't take up too much room in HKTs new single. To me, you are both AKB and HKT, but HKT girls (apart from Sakura, Meru and Haruppi) are relatively unknown. Don't try and hog the screen too much ;p

Its funny how Mariko is graduating and everyone expected Yuuko to. But I know she'll do well. Its obvious she had this planned: a date for one and Mariko isn't the type to screw people over. Troll, yes, but she wouldn't be classless. Other members not knowing doesn't mean it was a spur of the moment choice. One fan was quite upset but then she said "I'm glad she said so live, that I had to hear it from her first hand, rather than through twitter or something else". Its something I never thought of and I think its quite a nice way of thinking.

The fact that people are still hating is ridiculous. Please don't say what is or isn't a charm point - thats for an individual themselves to decide. You are allowed to hate - we're human, its natural we don't always like other humans, but respect forum rules and other people's opinions. Don't embarass the fandom or your oshi with bad behaviour.

Tomochin's "I hate sousenkyo" was the best. Honest, blunt, she has nothing to lose or gain so go for it. Its disappointing she dropped, but thats life. She took it well and its not like she lost votes or we (her fans), didn't do well enough, because we did. Its just that the competition demolished us. But as long as we still support her for the rest of her career, in and out of AKB, what does it matter in the long run?

I wish I could have done more for my oshi Start saving now then. AKS certainly isn't going to pull the plug on this cash cow. Look, say your oshi is Yuuko or Takamina and you've saved money for singles, even if its just for one or three or ten copies and they decide to graduate - you still have that money saved so be happy You know its coming, so don't whine about it being sudden and you being 'unable to do anything' (I'm not bashing or being elitist - I get not everyone can afford cds, but start saving now if you want to. Obviously, rent, food, insurance etc comes first. Hell, some people don't even want to vote due to the drama and thats cool too, but don't say you had no chance to save when you have a year to do so)

Shut up about rigging. If you want to believe that, fine, please don't vote and keep your opinions elsewhere.

Under_The_Ribbon I totally agree with your universal appeal comment. Yes, even Acchan. Appeal is more than looks and talent (in a variety of fields) imo. Just because someone has dozens of fans (Acchan's shutting down Akiba) doesn't mean they have universal appeal. It just means they're louder than most fans :| I agree with HRP in the fact Yuuko doesn't really have antis (or at least as many as other ace material girls). To me, thats a universal appeal. But I also agree in the fact that Yuko needs someone there - either to be funny with or to be a stepping stone to (Mayu) or to rival (Acchan). Yuko is more the exception, perhaps. All these girls are popular in their own ways, but they certainly aren't universal (Paruru is salty, Sasshi is a derp, Acchan is the girl next door - and honestly, imo she isn't doing herself any favours by constantly appearing at AKB events (don't say its her agency, she could easily drop them and someone would pick her up tomorrow))

Pushes So what if a girl is pushed? You aren't forced to like her, or follow her G+ or watch AKB shows. Unless her voice is distinctive you probably won't hear her in a single. Get over it. You aren't forced to like her because management wants to make things interesting.
    Paruru made me laugh. Its just who she is. Yes, asking questions makes it more interesting than just a speech, but why would the MC waste time on her (when she's clearly uncomfortable) when you could talk to someone more energetic and willing to talk? She just doesn't like the spotlight (then why are you in an idol group? XD) To me, it makes her more human and relatable.
    But people say it isn't professional Nor is breaking the love ban or supposedly being a spoilt diva like Chiyuu or hell, lip synching etc. Its a valid claim, but c'mon, they're all young girls living in the spotlight. Either apply it to everything or don't bother. People are human - sorry they can't always live up to expectations :hmm: Not everyone is a public speaker and yes, she's been a member since 09 but so what? I could wish to be an olympian but even with years of training, I won't get there because its not me. I'd be a better athlete, but I wouldn't be where I want. Yes, she can improve but wow, its not the end of the world I thought the group concept was idols (more girls next door) you can meet? Not "professional singers and dancers" you can meet...

I honestly thought Yuuko was gonna fall down the stairs she was laughing so much XD I'm glad the matsuri spirit was kept by the girls (and some fans) and I'm really looking forward to next year.

Dome Tour
    Acchan rant ;p
    Acchan, stop piggy backing :hmm: I'm excited but all other news has been shoved to the side due to Acchan (a la 2012 election when Acchan came out - nobody cared about Yuuko anymore). I hope Mariko comes to at least see the other two grads, be it backstage or something, Acchan for Tomo too. (I'm not an Acchan hater but its a bit hard to say she's fully left if she's always at official events; attending graduation, for a song or four is more of a celebration, a friendship thing rather than a proper commitment).
    She can say no to her management or get a new one - its not like she's a newbie with no name, she's a commanding force. I really hope it wasn't AKS idea and I hope they didn't pay her :| (Team Surprise should have been done as soon as she left - the whole thing is beating a dead horse) I thought she was done with singing?
    There is nothing wrong for her being there for her friends. Sayaka and Nachu stayed at home and tweeted, why couldn't she?
    Bottom line: How can you start your 2nd chap when you refuse to leave the first behind?

If we're getting Sapporo48 okay. Team K3? Or a subunit? I'm hoping for an (active :D ) sub unit, either from a sister group or a mix of groups (one from each group perhaps?).
    Please no shuffles (though Team A captain announcement?) I'm expecting graduation announcements. majisuka announcement? (PLLLLEASE!) 0048 (due to all the loose ends? ;p)

Some thoughts for next year:
    Of course, without knowing graduations and all, I can't speculate too much. Sasshi and Mayu defs in top 3 though. They aren't technically rivals, though of course, they want to do their best. Mayu, for me, has stagnated, stuck between her cute cyborg idol side and her maturing adult side. Cyborg got me into akb via 0048 but adult brought me back to her - the question is, can she bring (and keep) more fans with her over the coming year?
    Just because a girl graduates does not mean their votes will go to that girls friend (i.e, Acchan graduating and people thought her votes would go to Takamina, Sayaka leaving, people thought hers would go to Sae). If people have nii-oshis (or san- or more ;p) they will vote for them over their oshis friend in most cases. Thats ridiculous. I'm a Tomochin oshi - I would not vote for Paruru the same way I vote Tomochin, because she isn't Tomochin. I will vote for the girls I like, but not to the same extent. Don't assume that fans will keep voting after their faves leave either (I had 17 votes this time - next time I'll go to three (all regs) or six (regs and limited) knowing my luck ill forget about theatre version haha)

How to top the votes next year, with girls graduating? (Not just kamis, but there will be girls in mid-tier too) Though I suppose it gives many people who like unranked members (Anya for example) a chance to think, "with them gone, those at the top will go up, as will everyone else - this is our chance to push XXXX!"
    Please no more commentators, or make them better. I watched the Japanese version and ugh. The guy in the middle spoke to much and none of them were fans? The two westerns were okay (better than the others) but I don't watch to watch YOU. I have some proficiency in Japanese - I'd like to hear the girls and the announcers!
    No more graduates either. One ranked. Tomochin, who is graduating, went down. Theres really no point imo. Id rather it go to a girl who will stick around (yes, yes, Tomochin's leaving - I knew that and I voted regardless; same for fans of graduates - we know its pointless, but at the same time, Tomochin's date hadn't been confirmed)
    Will Sae be involved, assuming she is SNH only (Kaigai is up to 1 year - but what if she makes a full switch rather than being kaigai?)? Will Gon get her wish and JKT are able to be involved? :D

I honestly don't understand Milky's appeal, so I'd prefer Sayanee to keep going up. WMatsui - Jurina will break top 5 next year. I'd prefer Rena to 'win' over her but I like her guts and determination. Momoka and Anya, please rank!

20. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^
    ^
    @MidoriHime

On your Acchan point, while I agree that Acchan appearing doesn't really help with Chapter 2 of AKB, I think you're underestimating the power of agency and how showbiz in Japan works. Not that I know much but I think big agencies can make or break you, with all the gossips about how AKB is linked with powerful ppl and how Johnny's has influence over TV networks and such, I'm assuming big agency like Ohta Pro is the same. Even if it's not Ohta Pro who asked her to come back but it's AKS, then Acchan certainly would not want to be an ungrateful bitch who refuses to help her old group out. Even if Accha's famous on her own now, she's still not at the point where she can just do what she wants. Even if she can find a new agency, the old agency could still block her work by refusing to send their talents to network that works with Acchan. See SM Ent, Avex and JYJ for reference. They're pretty much non-existent in Japan since they left Tohoshinki. I'm not saying this is definitely going to be the case if Acchan does the same but it's not like it has never happened before.

The reason they wanted her there is probably more to get people to fill up Sapporo Dome, like Trinu or someone said. I think it's their last resort to sell out the tour. For me, it definitely doesn't look good on AKB when they keep bringing Acchan back but I guess they need to sell tickets, last year Tokyo Dome being in deficit and all.