Single [SINGLE] Itano Tomomi 4th [1%] (2013/06/12)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Arubaro, Apr 20, 2013.

1. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Re: [SINGLE] Itano Tomomi 4th [1%] (13/06/12)

Its not only sousenkyo thats done it. In Takamina's debut thread, there were figures that showed decline in all solo sales - its hard to support the group (or groups) as well as soloists. And maybe it just wasn't everyones cup of tea. The best indication of how well she'll do is when she releases her first single out of AKB - which, hopefully, would be by the end of the year. She'll need to make a name for herself unless she wants to be "one of those old AKB girls".

But anyway, I got to listen to the CD last night. I loved all the songs! Some sounded similar but were all quiet unique. I really liked how a lot of them were lower notes, rather than being high. I hope she gets to perform 8 years at TDome :inlove:

How many shop photos were there?

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Ouch.

Guess this should have been expected as we saw last year: releasing singles near election time= big no no. Sales probably would have been better though if she hadn't participated (she did get a 13K increase in votes even if her rank dropped). Solo sales have been on the decline as well (no one's been able to outdo Dear J and Flower). Sigh. Well, she typically has pretty good chart life so let's see how it does in the long run.

3. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Well Namie Amuro last single couple of months ago sold only 31k. I'd say she's doing relatively well :D

4. souji808

souji808 Kenkyuusei

The song is really good just the cover hit me in the face :cry:

5. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka

But Namie's previous single had only one type so it's not a good comparison tbh.
    But Tomochin didn't do bad at all but she did worse than the standard she previously set for herself

6. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

How is it not good comparison? If you have more types, of course you're less likely to sell - songs A and B are the same, so how many people will really buy all 3 copies? Most people will rent the other cds (and then rip tracks) or buy them at Book Off or the other songs via iTunes.

And hell, Namie is one of the best known names in the industry - if Tomo is selling better than her, thats still great. Yes, its not as good as her own standards, but the industry has changed a lot since Dear J, so her (and many other artists) need to reevaluate their standards.

7. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka

It's not a good comparison because, contrary to what you think, multiple copies does make a huge difference. Especially for an act like Tomochin that has an army of wota supporting her that buy hundreds of each type and inflate Tomochin's sales. Yes Tomochin did well but you can never really trust the actual sales/success of singles by AKB members because of the wota inflation. So overall Tomochin did great for anybody's standards but using Namie's lowest sales in years as a comparison to show that Tomochin did well isn't a good comparison.
    It's not even trying to bash Tomochin, but using Namie who I honestly believe had 31k people actually buy her cd as a comparison makes Tomochin seem like she accompomplished something that she didn't. For whatever reason her sales decreased whether it be the election or just a loss of popularity in general, but it still decreased.

8. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Why did you mention types if you don't think thats worth discussing about in comparisons?
    Tomochin may have a lot of wota, but obviously there aren't as many willing to buy all three types this time - other wise sales would have been higher.
    You can conclude that: a) her casual fan base took a major beating
    b) wotas did what I said in my previous post (one copy only - probably due to election spending - and got the remaining songs via iTunes/book off/etc)
    c) her fanabse in general has just gone down
    or d) people thought the songs were shit and just weren't interested

Yes, using Namie's last sales weren't the best comparisons - but it was the comparison given, hence we're discussing it. I get what your saying with her 31k (one person = one copy compared to Tomo's one person = up to four copies) though it doesn't make it less honest. A sale is a sale. Namie's single sales aren't exactly steady though (going from over 52k Baby Don't Cry in 07 to Funky Town 34k in the same year; on the opposite hand in 2011 Naked went from 60k then Sit! was 77k). We also shouldn't be comparing to someone who's been around for 10+ years. Edit Not being very clear here: if you can't compare to Namie's lowest sales, when these are Tomo's lowest, who can you compare to? Like, you can compare to anyone, regardless of types or whatever - otherwise, you could only lump Tomo in with AKB soloists forever.

For a better comparison, here are AKB solo figures: (quoted from Takamina's thread, so it is slightly out of date)
    According to stage48's wiki, Chiyuu's 2nd has sold just over 22k, and Mocchi's 1st (5 types) at just over 31k. I don't know how recently its been updated though.

The point is: she is doing better than other AKB soloists (two mentioned above) and all AKB soloists in general are going down. But apart from that, it was tough competition, it is just after sousenkyo and there is no need to rush to buy it (or buy it new, doubly so as there are no photos in the CD). The music industry is fickle.

Regardless of sales going down, they are still good sales.

(I'm not trying to be mean or anything, or trying to boost everyone by saying its fine. I'm just trying to give a more balanced view and all angles.)

9. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

I should have predicted that by providing that light hearted statistics rabid Namie fans will start trumpeting about "ultimate truth".

Anyways my copies finally arrived.
    [​IMG]

Btw. regular version includes sheet of stickies (pic above). Big ornament in center is one piece and all smaller ones around it can be used as separate stickies.

And another interesting statistics - Most of the Type A, B and regular song lyrics a written by Tomochin.
    Only 1% and For You, For Me are written by "somebody else" ;)

I wish someone could human translate 8 years. Google translator suggest that lyrics is very touching.

10. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

here,
    http://stage48.net/studio48/8years.html

the official Studio48, where you can find every lyrics, color codes and translations of every songs in the 48 family, even included are songs from graduated members, nogizaka46 and etc etc :inlove:
    hope the site helps, it is related to Wiki48 and Stage48 :inlove:

11. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^^Oh cool! I didn't know it had stickers~ I'll go look again now hehe :D

12. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia

i just found out there was a theater edition for this single, for some reason i thought there wasn't. if anyone can hook me up with a copy it be apreciated, i still need 10 nen go kimi e theater edition but have no idea of how to get it

13. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^Your best bet would be yahoo auctions. Ebay might have one but they usually don't do theatres.

14. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  15. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

^ It sounded like live vocals. Bold...

16. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

Most of the artists on this programme were singing live, from what I heard

17. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

So if my calculations are correct then sales after 3rd week are at 52,345.
    Rather big drop. Last one reached 90k mark.

18. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  19. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  20. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

^
    maidigitv report:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbKhtjrdCMw[/yt]