Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Those things don't work against each other though. Management picks the girls who are most promising and starts by putting them on photoshoots and UG and stuff like that through AKS, that's how agencies acknowledge their existence and take them under their wing. But you see, even girls who had great agencies, like Sato Natsuki being part of Watanabe Pro, didn't get a lot of remarkable solo work if they weren't top members of the group.

2. BloodRim101

BloodRim101 Kenkyuusei

hmm...when you read my post, please take it as a whole and not just highlight a particular sentence or phrase for you to understand the whole point of what i stated.

3. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^funny... Members here always read others comment from top to bottom before they reply. So they dont need to Quote all of the comment you posted. They just focus on phrases to give their opinion. Admin dont want to see a thread Quote after qoutes with the same message. :p

-------

4. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I personally don't dislike Paruru, I just dislike that management seemed so intent on making her AKB's future ace.

As an idol, I understand that Paruru has her unique appeal — she seems honest and blunt, but her tearing up during Boku no Taiyou in Tokyo Dome proved that behind her saltiness, she is still a young woman with emotions. You can't deny that she looks pretty cute, too. Her voice is distinct (if not a bit too high pitch for my taste) and her face is distinguishable among the many girls in AKB.

However, I don't agree on her being the center and ace of AKB, simply because I don't see any "genki"ness emitting from her. Acchan has that girl next door quality. Yuko's outgoing and funny. Sasshi talks great and is an amazing senpai. These three have a certain aura that makes people comfortable when they're around them, and I don't think Paruru is that kind of idol (yet). It's important for the center of AKB48 to possess this kind of character, because she's the one that the public will judge and see, and she's the one that would represent the group. As an idol, Paruru is fine, but I don't think she's fit to be center because of my reasons above.

===

Question! Even though she's not my oshimen, I always wondered why people dislike Sasshihara? I can find no major fault in her — she's entertaining enough in my opinion, even though she's not really as drop-dead, turning-heads gorgeous as the other girls in Senbatsu.

5. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    ^ I think Paruru is not fit to be center because I don't get the feeling that she wants to, while with Mayuyu and Jurina you can see that they do want.

6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Since this is the proper place to discuss it and I don't remember explaining my "dislike" (hahaha, what an understatement) for Sashi yet (I think I've only talked about Kasai and Takamina here), so might as well do it.

First off, contrary to what others might assume, I hate Sashi way before the scandal. The scandal was just an added bonus to "hate" on her.

Reasons:

Her #1 charm point, based on what I read in forums is that she's a good entertainer, that she has good variety skills.

That's the problem, I do not see it at all. I do not appreciate her humor. So far, the only time I find her funny or entertaining was when she did her wotagei dance or something.

I do watch akbingo and bimyo, so it's not like I deliberately avoid watching her. I find her annoying though.

Next, even her fans (at least some of them) and non-haters admit that she's not that pretty.

Well, I find her ugly. Or at least, not what I expect from an idol. It's hard to like an idol whose personality/charm point does not appeal to you AND at the same time, not pretty.

And I know it's not her fault if she got over-pushed, and others may even argue that she was not overpushed, this did add to my reasons on why I do not like Sashihara.

And oh, unlike other akb fans who raged quit because of sashi's win, I won't quit from akb. That would make one less sashi hater for her fans to deal with.

7. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    This must be the third or fourth time I've seen someone here saying that no one can deny how Paruru is cute or pretty. These are pretty bold statements, don't you think? Maybe we should keep in mind that old adage which says that beauty is in the eys of the beholder? :^^;:

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Yes i can, in fact i do deny it, I always puzzled by people that say she's cute. And the only reason it's become distinguishable is because it's put up front in our faces so frequently that we have no choice, but to notice it. If Haruka never got that push, she probably wouldn't have even ranked in the top 64.

As for Rino well I've been against the idea of her push since before it got big, but i'm against any member who just doesn't interest me getting a lot more screentime, but then that was cause i was fan at time when akb only had one show (AKBingo) and screentime was scarce, thus me thinking a member should make good use when they are on air, when Shukan came and gave us glimpse her hetare character i was really just repulsed and irritated that she'd waste valuable screentime on not bungee jumping, than anytime she appeared it was for mediocre talents (like blog posting, and can't recall what else since i'd pass episodes she was on). None of it was interesting to me and it just bored me, so it's not like i'd look forward to her appearing again. Sometimes i'd simply dread it, even things like Sashihara's pride just bored me. Her dating scandal didn't really upset me her move to HKT did since than all the focus was on her instead of the group. Although once she started to step aside and give to focus to the rest of group i came to terms with Rino, i'll find her interesting (I still skip the beginning and end of Okedake Rino's parts) but i do accept that she cares for the group and they care about her so i've got no real beef on her.

9. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

Funny that this came up, because I've always kinda thought that Paruru looks like an elf or some other kind of similar magical creature. And I like Paru. At times she is cute/pretty, and she has had some good magazine shoots, but other times...elf. She's a bit mischievous looking. Maybe I just read too many fantasy books. :lol:

10. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    ^ Ah, sorry about the bold statement! (> <#)I always thought she was universally cute in Japanese standard because of her figure and voice.. The kind of girl that looks young but is actually nineteen and all. I guess you can't just generalize everyone thinking that a certain girl is cute, huh? ^ ^;;

11. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^I could have sworn i once read someones postings of his time in Japan and was with some Japanese girls who saw Haruka at a performance on tv and when the guy explained that she was a candidate for center both girls replied that shes not cute.

12. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

She is the kind of tsundere character wotas fall for though, so even if women don't find her cute, it doesn't matter if she's the "type" to attract the fans who are willing to drop big cash for her.

They do need to push a girl who is stylish and cool now that Tomochin and Mariko are leaving or the group might lose whatever appeal it has with most of the casual female fanbase. Haruna alone isn't enough, and she's not going to be in the group forever. Maybe that's why Nattsun is being kind of pushed? I'd much rather see Nattsun in senbatsu than Iriyama, so I hope this is the case :cute:

13. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    That is SO true. My favorite members just happened to be the fashionable ones (Kasai, Tomochin, Mariko) but now that they are all leaving they need new people to take on the role left behind. I agree with Nattsun but I also noticed that Paruru has become more style conscious. Abe Maria dresses well a lot of the times, but is often a hit or miss so she's not really geared to take that role. But yeah I feel like with Tomochin and Mariko leaving they are going to lose a large portion of their casual fans from this.

14. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    ^Mariyagi is regarded as pretty fashionable most of the time and also puts on a cool image occasionally. I've also seen people compare her to Haruna. Abemaru is fashionable and can be cool too. As for Nattsun, she's hot and all but her "look" often throws me off a bit in shoots.

You can never win everyone over even if you think it should be perfectly obvious that your oshi is cute. There are people that will have a different opinion with everything always. :p

15. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

I find Aamin to be pretty fashionable too. And she's got that long, lanky body like Mariko, which is good for modelling. Like, if you look at the recent AKB fashion book thing, Aamin stands out. Or, she did to me, at least. And besides, they need to start pushing more members from team K, anyways.

16. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    When you see some of Aamin's personal clothes and such, a lot of them aren't really that fashionable, or at least not at Tomochin or Mariko level trendy. She's really the biggest hit or miss in the group, even above Maria.
    She's pretty as hell but not the best dressed in the group, same case as Mocchi.

17. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Sasshi is entertaining that's why she's getting MC role frequently and also Sasshi can be picked on. and Sasshi can get the conversation going on though she's not that cute. and it's the opposite of Paruru. Paruru is cute but her salty personality kinda backfired it. but I kinda like that salty personality cause Paruru is not that typical cute girl with a cute personality. and the way Paruru will speak frankly on things but you can't get angry at her because of her cuteness :lol:

18. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    That's just logic 101 for anyone with an oshimen, ____________(Your oshimen) will speak frankly on things but you can't get angry at her because of her cuteness.

19. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    yeah, even when Mayuyu squatted away Takamina's hand because she was crying and Takamina was trying to touch Mayuyu's face to comfort her. I didn't get angry at all. I actually did find it funny.
    one of the things I like about Sasshi is, she's frequently being picked on by the members even HKT members are comfortable to tease her. even sometimes some comments about her are harsh. Sasshi is just smiling about it,even laughing about it and making fun of herself also.
    I find Paruru's brutal honesty funny like on Kousagi Dojo where she said on one guest that he should changed his attitude and personality. not the typical idol girl who would try to be sweet and be a sucker.

20. naganogo

naganogo Kenkyuusei

I just want to say one thing that there is not a single person in my life whom I didn't like. I am a fun loving & very friendly person so I love to make most & most friend.