1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sato Sumire (Suuchan) / AKB48 7th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I just watched Ikiru Koto again, and I think Suuchan actually appears twice... but the first time it is just a closeup of her legs/shoes. :fp:

I watched the election again and objectively speaking Suuchan's reaction was the best one. [clap] You can tell she gave up hope of ranking because she had a slight delay in her reaction when her name was called. She turned her head and had that "Hey wait, that's me!" reaction, and then half a second later she squeals in delight... it was just so cute. :cute:

I agree... her genuineness is her strength; add to that a nice mix of sweetness, gentleness and sincerity... and IMO you have got yourself a very enchanting combination for an idol to have. [nod]

2. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Suuchan in AKB48 no Anta, dare?
    [with Izurina, Mariyannu, Juri-chan, and the guest star(s)]

[​IMG]
    Taken from Juri-chan's thread :p

===

COLLECTION OF SUUCHAN'S G+ POSTS (^0^)】

June 29, 2013

I took an afternoon nap in between the photo shoots. (・ω・)

I'm a sleepy idol. (・ω・)

You can see my sleeping face in different places. LOL

I feel refreshed because of this. (・ω・)☆

[​IMG]

This is a photo of the "JAGAPPA" sisters. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Please watch the live broadcast of "ONGAKU NO HI"!! ☆

[​IMG]

June 30, 2013

This is a photo of my beloved Ayaka Kikuchi and me!!

Happy birthday!!

I like her very much. ♡

I love her. ( ・ω・)( *ノω・)( *・ωノ)(ノωノ)

[​IMG]

Just by chance, my hair is fluffy. ♡

Originally, my hair color is brown. v(。・ω・。)

[​IMG]

July 1, 2013

It's time for a midnight talk.

Let's talk☆〜(ゝ。∂)

July 2, 2013

I sang "UE KARA MARIKO" during the filming of "MUSIC JAPAN" yesterday. ♩

I had fun. ( *`ω´)

It's an important song for me as a member who holds a position in the "Selection Members".

It is also important for me because the name of my beloved, Marimero is in this song.

I want you to see my performance!!

[​IMG]

July 3, 2013

Good morning(⌒▽⌒)

I will host this Wednesday night's episode of "LISTEN?", which will be broadcast in "BUNKA HOUSOU"!!

There are a lot of things that I want to say to you!!

The radio show will start at 1AM. Please don't forget to tune in♡

[​IMG]

The costume for "UE KARA MARIKO" is really cute!!

The adult spirit of the members can be seen.

This was my photo when I got the 3rd place in "AKB48 REQUEST HOUR SETLIST BEST 100"♡

[​IMG]

I'm wearing a shirt of "THE ROLLING STONES"!!

My father said that my clothes look good on me.

He certainly liked it( ゚д゚)♡

[​IMG]

There are many movies that I want to watch this summer. \(^o^)/

[​IMG]

July 4, 2013

I had fun on "ODORU! SANMA GOTEN!!" and "TV ACE SENPAI! OSHIETE KUDASAI". (((o(゚▽゚)o))) Yehey.

However, I'm going to reflect on something I said that may have caused a misunderstanding.

I really thought that I wouldn't be able to grow as an individual and as a person after I had ranked 4th place in AKB48.

Right now, I feel that I should put in twice the effort than I originally did!!

I will continue to do my best.

[​IMG]

We had a recording for the song of "FUTURE GIRLS". ♩

It feels great. (´・з・`)

This is all I can say. (´・з・`)

We're not allowed to post spoilers. (´・з・`)

Please wait for more updates. (´・з・`) LOL

[​IMG]

===

Is that the costume for Future Girls' song that I see :^O^: Looks really cute!! I wonder what she meant when she said "I really thought that I wouldn't be able to grow as an individual and as a person after I had ranked 4th place in AKB48," though ....

===

I love her reaction in the sousenkyo as well! To tell you the truth, I wasn't really optimistic about her ranking this year, what with all those enormous pushes to the new generations and Mayuyu vs Yuko and Tomochin's last sousenkyo..... But I'm glad our girl made it through. I hope she gains new fans (young girls interested in lolita fashion, maybe?) this year and goes higher in ranking in 2014 Sousenkyo! ^w^

3. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    2013年07月04日 リッスン?~Live 4 Life~水曜日 AKB48 佐藤すみれ
    Suu-chan on radio:
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXgxXpnnMlM[/yt]

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Thank you!!! [clap]
    PS: I wonder what the JAGAPPA sisters are... [think]

5. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    ^ You're most welcome! Actually, I have no idea what she meant by that too [think] She wrote it as じゃがっぱ and I tried to Google translate it, didn't come up with anything either. Who is the girl next to her in that Jagappa picture, anyway? I thought it was Izurina at first, because they seem to have the same nose (and Suumelo dotes on Izurina a lot, doesn't she), but I don't think it's her...? Ah well. They both look cute anyways!

===

@oscarwilde: Thank you so much for the "Listen! Live 4 Life" video! Suuchan has such a pleasant voice imo, not very high pitch and squeaky but not very low and husky either. I find myself listening to her speak for a while, even though I don't understand any word that she's saying :cute: (I understand it's sort of a Q&A kinda thing though, in which case, a translation would be greatly appreciated!)

===

So many questions about this statement .... What did she say, exactly? And rank 4th in what? (Future Girls?)

===

Suuchan's G+ Post, 5 July 2013

oh((((;゚Д゚)))))))

What kind of dream are you having?

[​IMG]

Cream is a such cutie tbh <3

===

Bonus <3

[​IMG]

Akicha & Suuchan [hehe]

6. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ What is Akicha doing? :^^;:

Whomever is in charge of translation at Google+ made a mistake... that is supposed to be Rino Sasshihara's post. :fp: If you google translate the Japanese text it says something about her thanking everybody for staying up late and listening to her on the radio or something like that. [think]

Suuchan wants to see Monsters University. :cute: I wonder what else US movies she really wants to see? [think]

7. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Translator-san, please be more careful of what you post :fp:

And I think Suu would be interested in Despicable Me 2 as well :hehe: She gives off this vibe of liking animated movies, be it 3D, anime, or cartoon — didn't she also watch that beautiful anime movie in the big screen last month? I can see her having a Disney movie marathon with her sister tbh! Or being a Disney Princess herself too, the way her wardrobe looks lol

===

By the way, I just found out that Suuchan is one of the 85 AKB48 members that are participating in the Natsuichi campaign by Shueisha. It's a campaign where they choose 85 members of AKB48 to write a book report published by Shueisha (feel free to cmiiw though!), and Suu's book is 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha).

[​IMG]

8. karles48

I found this, perhaps it will give us a clue about it...
    https://plus.google.com/112309691086068 ... uJKpaJ7i1z
    PS: I found one definition of jagappa too...but it's...too weird... :^^;:
    I don't know...but that pic is just... [hehe]

Ah, that makes sense. When I read '4th place' I thought 'what is she talking about?' too...but now I understand...

9. ferryo

ferryo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Could anyone help me answer my questions?
    Has Suuchan released her own Photobook out from Angelic Pretty?
    And where can I get it online?

10. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

To my knowledge, Suuchan does not have a photobook with Angelic Pretty. She does, however, model their clothing and has appeared in many advertisements in magazines for their brand. She also attends Angelic Pretty events occasionally.

11. ferryo

ferryo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Ah, I see.
    So, she doesn't has her own photobook, then? :(

12. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    ^ Not that I'm aware of. She should totally have one, though! > <

===

【 Suuchan's G+ Posts! ^ 0 ^ 】

July 5, 2013

My hat would be blown away if the wind is strong.

I'm going to the radio recording now. (・ω・)

[​IMG]

July 6, 2013

I changed my hairstyle a little♡

It's fine. It's fine even if you didn't notice that I changed it!!Hmmph. (●`^´●) LOL

[​IMG]

July 8, 2013

Let's smile a lot again tomorrow. (⌒▽⌒)

※ I'm sorry for posting such an ugly photo.

[​IMG]

Thank you for coming to the handshaking session. ♩

We were sitting down while having the handshaking session, so looking up at the fans felt something new. I had fun. ( ̄ー ̄) Yehey.

My height is 166 centimeters, however I won't look like that!!

[​IMG]

I had a filming for the regular TV program of "NHK", which is "R NO HOUSOKU" after a very long time.

It's actually my first time to be on this TV program for this year. ( ゚д゚) I can't believe it!!

Ms. AI, who was the guest for this episode, is a very wonderful person. ♡

[​IMG]

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I agree! Probably not a gravure type photobook though... more of a slice of life or casual fashion type photobook... the kind with these types of pics in it...
    [​IMG]
    :cute:

LOL. That photo is not ugly... IMO it is uber cute! I like her scrunched up smiling face. :blush:

14. karles48

+1 +2!! (and thank you for the translations! [clap])
    When someone looks so pretty even in 'ugly' pictures...that means she's amazing... :inlove:

15. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Suuchan's always been cute, no matter what pose or expression she's in :^^;:

===

【 Suuchan's 2-shot Collection! ^ ∇ ^)/ 】

Suuchan & Myao
    [​IMG]

Suuchan & Sayaka
    [​IMG]

Suuchan & Mariko-sama/i]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suuchan & Meetan
    [​IMG]

===

Am I the only one who thinks her background picture for her twitter (@sumire_princess) is kinda awful lol

16. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Funny, her pics with Mariko led me to think about her 0048 character, Mimori. :lol:

17. Sakana Kun

Sakana Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Ohh wow, thank you so much decoogu, PooPyon and oscarwilde for the suuchan updates!! Looks like she's been busy with a bunch of different AKB activities [clap] :)

I can't get my eyes off the picture of suuchan lifting those weights :cute: :cute:

Random trivia, the weights Suuchan lifted were 2.5Kgs, total 7Kg including the bar [hehe]
    [​IMG]

Some angelic pretty catalogues have only Suuchan modeling in various lolita outfits (+ pictures of clothing products) so I guess that is as close as her own 'photobook' lol.

I did a little research, but I couldn't find a clear answer, just connecting the dots so don't believe in my explanaion 100% :^^;:

Firstly:
    Jagappa is actually two 'words', 'Ja' & 'Kappa' connected -> 'Jagappa'
    Kappa means mythical water creature, a mermaid maybe.

2nd:
    'Jagappa no Kappa' is a toy that Suuchan's mum gave to Izurina recently
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10824627 ... 2026812099

3rd:
    Suuchan mentions 'Kappa' in this tweet
    https://twitter.com/sumire_princess/sta ... 8362475520

Then again with Izurina wearing the same outfit:
    https://twitter.com/sumire_princess/sta ... 3019886592
    https://plus.google.com/photos/11230969 ... 6068535265

Others:
    Suuchan uses 'Kappa' a few times in her G+
    Izurina used 'Kappa-iro' Kappa coloured (a greenish colour) in her G+

I really have no idea where the 'ja' in Jagappa comes from, but its probably a cute way of referring to Suu-izurina pair.

18. Sakana Kun

Sakana Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    LISTEN? Live 4 Life summary

[​IMG]

Note: Some of the jokes/puns used in Japanese can't be translated to English without losing it's meaning.

- Recently Suuchan stopped eating bread (as a meal) and gone back to eating rice, but it doesn't mean she doesn't like them any more!
    - July 7 is Tanabata, what kind of wishes will you write?
    Suuchan says she was probably born as a person who tries to cheat the rules, so she wants to wish for more wishes! Either that or a long life (laughs)

---

Myao enters the show
    Myao: We've been separated to Team A and K, I haven't seen you in a long time. Congratulations at the elections!
    Myao leaves and asks Suuchan to do a single gag

Suuchan does an imitation of Meetan. Does a introduction *Sexy voice* (~7:00)

---

Everyday Kachuusha - AKB48

---

Today's corner: -overcome your difficulties-

A listener says his/her sleepiness during the morning makes it hard for him/her to work
    Suuchan: hmm, what to do.... I'm the same (laugh)
    Suuchan usually gives up, because she is a night person.

listener mail: Since when I was a kid, I used to pick my nose and even now, i do it unconsciously. Suuchan do you pick your nose?
    Suuchan: I don't think we need that last bit (laugh), but well, if it's unconsciously...let's be more careful... and do it in a more pleasant way...can we pick our nose in a pleasant manner? (laugh) Please be more conscious and careful about it from now on ok?

---

Rappa renshuuchuu - Mayuyu

---

Continuing on: -overcome your difficulties- corner

Something Suuchan wants to overcome is her dislike for spring onions. Including onions and 'little onions'. Little onions are the small sized chopped up onions in miso soups. Today she had a meal with her manager and there was a bowl of pork soup with onions in it. Suuchan drank it without a word, and ate all the onions in it.

listener mail: I want to overcome my bad sleeping posture, everyday when I wake up my hair is a mess
    Suuchan thinks maybe the listener washes and dries their hair everynight before sleeping, if so she suggests that when you dry your hair, you should make sure it is in the style you want it to be. If you have long hair you should tie it up.

listener mail: I want to overcome my money problem! I have only 500yen (~$5USD) and my pay day is in 10 days, how can I live?!
    Suuchan: 500yen is only 1 coin, 1 meal! That's crazy...you can only get one drink.......lets do our best!

listener mail: I want to overcome this heat. It's really hot in Japan recently, I go to a boys school so there are only guys around me, what should I do?
    Suuchan: Ah, I boys school means there are only boys there....boy school's summer..smells quite bad doesnt it? (laugh) In manga there's always lot's of sporty guys. I also don't like really hot weather. i got it, why dont we try be more ladylike? girls always smell nice, so why dont you guys try it, and maybe it won't feel as hot! (laugh)

---

- Guest - Takasugi satomi

Suuchan bought satomi a 'Sully' from 'monsters inc' because both of them love 'disney'. Suuchan went to the cinemas and saw a big 'monsters university' sign and took a photo with it.

- Suuchan usually watches movies alone
    - She has been to yakiniku, gyudon restaurants, and sushi train restaurants alone before
    - Suuchan admits that going to yakiniku restaurants alone is a little awkward, especially when she was there for a buffet. The waitress kept coming and coming.
    - She goes alone when she's by herself already and gets hungry, or during breaks during work. Other times are with akb members.
    - Satomi drinks sour things to 'wake her' up when she's tired, Suuchan says she sometimes drink it before singing. Satomi tells her that you shouldn't because it affects the throat. Suuchan laughs.

---

listener mail: Replying phone messages, always forgetting to reply
    Suuchan: Today I've sent a message to my mum telling her to listen out for this radio show, but she never replied (laugh). There will be times/people when they forget, don't worry too much about it.

Suuchan: I've had tonkatsu with my manager before, but I got really excited, especially talking to satomi and now I'm hungry again!

listener mail: wanting to lose weight/do sit-ups
    Suuchan: doing sit-ups and getting nice abs is more of a male thing, but it's important for girls to do sit ups too. My manager is saying mmhmm (laugh).

listener mail: when I see cute girls, I end up staring at them all the time
    Suuchan: If they are cute you tend to look at them...I do too...I always look at the other members...it's ok...please look at me too

listener mail: when I take tissues I always take 2 unconsciously, which means the box gets used twice as fast, it's a waste, what can i do?
    Suuchan: Ahh, let me try it too (tries to take tissues, missed and end up laughing) Well, there are people who don't mean to do these things on purpose, I've seen it before. Let's be more eco-friendly. Maybe you can put all your strength into your fingertips and think to yourself, I have to take only 1 tissue...only 1...like that. Please try it!

---

Manatsu no Sounds Good - AKB48

Suuchan: Team A will no longer have a captain after the dome concerts, I want to become someone who can match a replacement for Mariko-sama

---

Since the role in ultra-man saga, Suuchan had an interest in SFX. She liked miniature things and miniature models. Recently she has got into manga and anime, and got really into Attack on Titan and even bought the official book.

Suuchan really enjoyed the anime because of the illustrations, the 3D feel, the scale of it and feeling like actually being in the world...the SFX....the way the giant eats people, the deep stories the people had...she can't expose too much. her favourite character is Mikasa Ackerman because she is a strong woman. Suuchan look forward to talking to everyone about it in the next handshake event.

---

Suuchan's song request - 美しき残酷な世界 / 日笠陽子
    ^ great song :p

---

listener mail: I have this habit of touching my ears
    Suuchan: At home I've had a similar conversation with my mama recently! My little sister, who is 16 right now, had a habit where she couldn't sleep at night unless she touches her ears, and now I'm reading this mail....it looks like it's from a college student...hmm..(laugh). But my sister has got rid of this habit... it seems like she has matured...(laugh)...to the listener, do you best to get rid of this habit (laugh).

listener mail: I always end up buying useless things when I go shopping
    Suuchan: This is something...that I can related to. Maybe it's something girls do a lot? When you start to put things away/clean up your room, you'll suddenly realise how much you have bought....hmm...but you end up buying them right?....hmmm...maybe think about not spending so much money, and resist....(laugh) but...I end up buying them anyway....

listener mail: I can't be bothered to throw the trash out
    Suuchan: At home, my mama always throw the rubbish out so...sorry...I dont know that feeling...(quiet voice) please don't feel like it's a trouble thing to do and maybe you can do it.

---

Sayonara Crawl - AKB48

---

- Lets make new words you can use - corner -

(most of them cant really be translated to English)

For those who love Satou Sumire and couldn't get enough of her, Ama-tou (Ama means sweet)
    Suuchan: I will use this, my lane in handshake events will now be Ama-tou lane, just like Satou Amina's Sugar lane.

Connecting seasons and your lips, chulip (tulip)
    Suuchan: KAWAIIII

---

バズワード / ひめキュンフルーツ缶

---

listener mail: LISTENER? (the word Suuchan 'made' in this show') (not really a question)
    Suuchan: I get called into LISTEN (this show) once every 3-4 months. I wonder if I'll become a regular....(laugh)

listener mail: When I take group photos I always have only half my face shot
    Suuchan: When this happens, it's usually always the same person right? (laugh). Please practise your sefies (laugh)

listener mail: I always laugh in a serious situation, when people are doing things seriously, I wonder and giggle a bit. Recently I laughed when my senpai she got angry at me
    Suuchan: You have to understand others feelings (laugh), I'm always the one laughed at, not laughing so... but please try to understand and not laugh during serious situation

listener mail: My memory is bad
    Suuchan: In AKB there are a lot of things to remember, please keep everything in your head (laugh)

listener mail: When sleep after watching 'Attack on Titans', giants appear in my nightmares
    Suuchan: That's scary! You should someone to decipher your dreams, but when you are dreaming, you aren't completely sleeping...seeing dreams is fun too

please dream about me too...

---

NONAME - Shoujotachi yo

---

END

19. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ That was great... the listeners' question were so random. :XD: I liked the one that asked Suuchan if she picks her nose too. :^^;:

20. karles48

Thank you! That makes more sense than the explanation I found before... :p
    Wow! Thank you!!! :worthy: Suuchan is such a cute lovely sweet little angel... :cute:

listener mail: when I see cute girls, I end up staring at them all the time
    Suuchan: If they are cute you tend to look at them...I do too...I always look at the other members...it's ok...please look at me too
    :drool: :nb: :inlove:

"...she can't expose too much. her favourite character is Mikasa Ackerman because she is a strong woman. Suuchan look forward to talking to everyone about it in the next handshake event."
    She should play the role if someone ever makes a real movie about the manga! [rock]

Suuchan's song request
    ^ great song :p
    Agree!! :music:

"...please dream about me too..."
    That would be great... :hehe: