Okada Kanna (Okapan) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Re: KKS - Okada Kanna

^ Yeah, that's the one. :)

Okapan will be the next odekake center! The next episode will feature a battle between 1st gen and 2nd gen members. According to the synopsys she'll get into some kind of singing battle with Sakura, so hopefully she'll get plenty of screentime! (Source)

EDIT: Okapan performed Suki Suki Skip with the single senbatsu in the Hey!Hey!Hey TV show today! And she was in Sasshi's position! Waiting for a video to show up somewhere. :)

2. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

It's UP!
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8TZupLXjis[/yt]
    Kill me :cute:

Thing is, it's not even her position in KKS stage, they clearly didn't have her vocals so she didn't sing with Lovetan Sasshi's part and only sang during the chorus, I don't want to read too much into it, but that means she was picked specifically. Okapon push, come to meeeee :cute:

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

She got great presence in the latest odekake episode. A very interesting personnality, cheerful and energetic. I'm amazed how the KKS members are surprising me more and more about how they can entertain a variety show.

Props to her for destroying Miyawaki Sakura during the Rodeo challenge. She won by over one minute, in order to give one point to the KKS team.

4. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

:inlove: It was a great surprise for me when I watch the & know that she is the OdeCenter of this episode, she did a great job, and the she wins over Sakura was EPIC.
    This episode overall is a Kami episode, it is the best episode in the show with many funny & great moments, and also many of my favorite members are in, Captain <3 , Haruppi, Mai, Marika, Aoi, Madoka, ....etc all of them are great and did well [clap]

5. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

if only i knew japanese, that would have been my pleasure to subb those episode which are so interesting to watch. It such good exposure for the girls to know them better

6. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

This is EPIC :D
    [​IMG]

7. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Here's the episode.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJ-yXuP6nY[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYeMY57ZdJc[/yt]

Okapon is basically my 2nd gen star. She's someone who was almost nothing in the beginning and now she's an obvious upcoming ace. The OdeCenter choice and everything before makes me at ease that the management won't leave her without trying their best to make something of her first. It's such a an amazing chance, before 2nd gen was all about the "3 aces" and Tani alongside, I couldn't imagine anyone breaking through, but Okapon is gonna do it for sure :inlove: Her popularity status is also doing really well lately.

8. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

I won't go that far saying she is an upcoming ace, but sure her grow really strengthen even more the second generation of HKT48 in the variety field.

I won't be surprised if Odekake is having a increase in his viewer ratings. The show are really enjoyable to watch. You always want to watch what's next.

9. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

that episode made me absolutely stoked for Team KIV, even more than I already was. it's just always crazy for me to see how stacked HKT's kenkuusei team is. :D

10. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

She's got pretty weird tastes though.. Translated her posts for today and she recommended the manga Mairunovich.. Weird choice if you ask me, because I found it terrible for some reason when I first read it.. ^.^ Got to get my hands on the new Odekake then.. ^.^

11. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu

this girl is pretty unique lol :hehe: another possible ace in KKS , and she's good at rodeo too :awesome:

12. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

For some days now, Okapan keeps saying in her G+ that she's feeling happy nowadays, that she feels good things are about to happen and so on. I wonder if all this happiness comes from the making of the new single. I'm really rooting for the rumors to be true and Okapan to be in senbatsu. But even being in a coupling song would still be an improvement, so I'd definitely be happy with that too.

She has been performing often with Team H, which is a great opportunity to get better known among the fans. They always put her in the 16th member position. I think it's because the MC after Tengoku Yarou with Okapan, Chori, Murashige and Shinamon seems to really please the crowd. Also the topic of a recent MC was what they would teach to the third gen, and Okapan's answer was variety. Has she been appearing on that new Tonkotsu show? I haven't had time to watch that one yet.

13. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz

Her first appearance on Tonkostsu Majou Soujo was in Ep03 that aired this week. But she was mostly just smiles as the focus was more on Goto's and Akiyoshi's first appearance on the show.

14. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

Well I've sort been loving the kenkyuuseis all the more as of late so I've taken the time to translate our Okapan's G+ posts for your viewing pleasure. ^.^ Check out the tumblr in my siggy, I've still yet to update to reflect that I've taken up Okapan.. ^.^ Well, as of late she's been trying to get in the first update of the day at 5 on the dot, she was successful for 8 days straight up until yesterday when she updated at around 7 in the morning. ^.^ I don't know, I guess she's got this mature-ish beauty to her that I really just love.. ^.^

15. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

^ tumblewush, thanks for translating Okapan's G+! I'm in the same boat as you, as lately I've been watching more LODs and paying more attention to the KKS. There are so many interesting girls that I'm having difficulty even deciding who are my favorite ones. As for Okapan, she may be turning into my oshimen. :)

16. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

OKADA KANNA CONFIRMED TO BE SENBATSU, CONGRATULATION [party] [party]
    [​IMG]

17. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Okapan is in the next single's senbatsu! And she got into a stage unit for the Fukuoka Dome concert! She performed Kagami no Naka no Jeanne d'Arc with Jurina, Tani, Ricchan and Murashige. I think I've heard this song before, but I can't remember how it goes right now. I'll have to go watch it later and imagine Okapan in it.

I've translated her two Google+ posts about these events:

18. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Thank you for the translation, to think that she made a huge jump from the 1st single when she wasn't chosen for the senbatsu or even chosen for any of the B-side songs that have PVs, and to become one of the senbatsu for the 2nd single, that's a great achievement, but HKT48 senbatsu prove that it is not safe for anyone to stay for so long, anyone is bound to be removed in the next single (ask Chori & Haruka) & the fight from now on will be fierce, so this is just the beginning for her.

I found this picture of her performance today:
    http://natalie.mu/media/1307/0721/akb48 ... day_19.jpg
    The picture is not clear, but I think she is the one left to Jurina (she is short afterall :p )

19. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Looking at her G+ post, she is quite in YOLO mode lol.

This is your chance, okapan, grab it!

20. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

I CALLED IT!

Okapon...she's 2nd row :cute: I'm kinda mixed between disappointed at 2st gen and just so freaking happy at Okapon appreciation. She out positioned Tani AND Maichan! I'm just so thrilled that these bold decisions from he management aren't just hurting people but also giving new girls a good chance, just not a straight shot to center at every other while XD

Anyways, so happy about her, been a bit criticized that I overestimated her push, but in the and she not only made it but she made it really big. I'll keep watching my baby from now on :cute: