Oku Manami (Maachan) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ answered (correctly i hope) in the Q&A thread

2. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I suddenly have Maa-chan nostalgia... does anyone have her blog or anything? Maa-chan, where are you now~~~~

...Actually. Come to think of it's she probably still studying through her last year of high school (at 17). Which means she might get a break next year!!! :) :) :) :)

3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

From what I know, she doesn't have a blog, or social network account (at least an "official" one), so no blogs from her.

4. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    No blog/Twitter/instagram/etc for Maachan. :( Occasionally (like once or twice a year) Mariko will mention her or post a picture with her, but that's it.

I'd go so far as to say Maachan is the most reclusive of all the former AKB48 members. Nobody seems to know where she is or what she's up to. I suppose she wants it that way, but it kind of sucks for us fans. [emo]

5. thomas

thomas Kenkyuusei

I found this picture, oku after graduated :)

[​IMG]

6. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    ^Awww that's adorable! :inlove: I had a feeling she'd show up at Mariko's graduation. Hopefully soon we'll get a picture of her with out her hiding behind something. :D

7. thomas

thomas Kenkyuusei

^look that picture again,do you think any something different from maachan body?
    I mean her weight,She looks more thin now :cute: I still remember when maachan perform in her graduate concert .At the time,maachan get problem with her weight

8. thomas

thomas Kenkyuusei

what oku manami say in this video?
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnTS4HCScg8[/yt]

anybody can help me to translate in kanji/hiragana? [think]

9. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I've been looking for a translation of that video for a while but haven't found one yet. Hopefully it gets subbed at some point, the other members backstage cams were subbed I believe. [think]

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Just in case you don't check the thread 'Questions and Answers' ...it isn't a translation, but it helps to understand what the video is about.

11. ErwanKiryu

ErwanKiryu Kenkyuusei

[align=]H-5[/align]
    [align=]:cute:[/align]

12. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Maachan was barely pushed on AKB anyway and Erepyon also since she's barely noticeable on AKB singles.
    Maachan was much worse since the only A-sides she participated was Bingo! so, I can't really hide my hate for the overrated Jurina for being pushed so hard on a group she's not even in.

13. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

Dont blame Jurina. At that time they needed to promote SKE and Jurina came in at the same age as Oku came to AKB. Do you ever wonder why Jurina was chosen to represent SKE at that time and not some other older SKE girls? Because they see the superstar quality in her, and they were right. It was as if there was always 2 default position in AKB singles for SKE representatives. It's just business.

Whereas Oku was less fortunate coming in at such young age into a group that already have a stable lineup of stars(not to mention her to-be-superstar juniors from Team B who was always in full speed from the beginning) and Maeda in those days was untouchable. If she would just speak more or tried to get people's attention.

14. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    :lol: your joking right? why wouldn't I blame Jurina or the management. i agree they need to promote SKE but why instant center position? and Jurina is overrated. Jurina's one only best point is she's a great dancer and her push on SKE and AKB is influenced by Aki-P. promote SKE yeah right? so, why up until now Jurina is an AKB regular senbatsu member? and she's even on Team K whereas she's taking the Team K new gen center position. like I said before Motu Tomu could have been Team K ace now but no she's not because Jurina have a concurrent position on Team K. and Oku is a 2nd Gen member and there's no stable lineup at that time. since Team B wasn't even debuted. the first time Oku was on on AKB A-sides is on Bingo! Sayaka was remove as a front row senbatsu member when Jurina came even Yuko was angry about this and Sayaka was totally remove when Rena was added on the senbatsu line-up.
    AKB need to promote their young member also but what did management do they prioritize Jurina more watch Ponytail to Shushu and Iiwake Maybe Erepyon was in both AKB singles but Jurina have more screentime and she's barely noticeable on it actually if you weren't aware she's there you wouldn't notice her at all. I really wonder if Jurina will be this promient if she didn't have the backed up she's getting from the management. Centering a Single in a group she's not even part of. seems fair. when she's already centering her own group.

15. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

This isn't a place to debate Jurina. You can take that to her thread, or the "why don't you like my oshi" thread. There is also an Aki-P area and a place to discuss centres. Just leave it as "I wish they didn't promote girls from other groups and promoted AKB girls more when they needed it".

On a more positive note, around when she graduated, she said she'd return to entertainment, right? Assuming she's still in school (I'm pretty sure she is??) she should be graduating soon so maybe we'll get to see more of her then :)

16. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    sorry but Old Gen fans like can't really help but blame sister group members who replace former regular senbatsu members or had been more prioritize than AKB members. I think AKB members should really have been more prioritize so AKB members back lagging now wouldn't been much devastating when Old Gen members graduated. cause as management pushed sister group members more, AKB members are the ones losing the opportunity. and as long as this continues. there will be a time where AKB members will be more dependent on sister group members than their own members.

but for me this kind of discussion is related to Maachan since if Jurina wasn't prioritized more. more AKB member could have more opportunity like Maachan and Erepyon.

17. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Happy birthday Oku!!! [party] [party] [party]

I remember that it's her birthday today because my friend shares the same date of birth with Oku. And yes, not just the same day, but the same exact date (November 22nd, 1995). And guess what, that friend of mine's oshi is no other than Oku herself! Coincidence? :hehe:

18. ErwanKiryu

ErwanKiryu Kenkyuusei

[party] Happy Birthady Maachan.......... [party]

where is wordsmith? :D

19. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Happy birthday my believed oshi, I hope that you had a great day surrounded by friends and family, I hope that God may bless you with many more years and that all your dreams may come true.

It would be great if you talked to us now and then....

20. Ribbon

Ribbon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Happy Birthday Maachan! <3 <3
    I hope Mariko meets up with her again so I can see pics of her on Twitter [party] [party]