1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suga Nanako (Nan-nan) / 5th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by tritoch, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    Re: Team S - Suga Nanako (Nan-nan)

NanNan is seriously too cute in this pic!

[​IMG]

BTW, lately, I began to translate both of her official and ameblo on my tumblr. So you can check it out at http://thumbster.tumblr.com/

2. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion

Rena was really into NanNan lately.

[​IMG]

On a side note, seems like NanNan has (or at least, temporary)quit doing her side-tail signature hairstyle. since she's really into her twin-tail hairstyle lately. I say every hairstyle are all cute!

3. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon

Just lately, after watching 121203 SMAPxSMAP, Nan-nan instantly became my SKE48 oshimen. I was actually oshi-less in SKE48 after Kuumin graduated. It's so nice to have a new oshi again.

^I'll be using that picture as my avatar from now on. She looks so adorable in that picture. :cute:

EDIT: ^ To think that we actually share the same fate. Kuumin>>>Nan-nan. LOL :lol:

4. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion

There's a reason

[​IMG]

5. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon

^The oshi of my oshi is also my oshi...OSHICEPTION! `(๑ △ ๑)`*

BTW, where can I see more of her and her robots? Are there any variety shows where she and her robots appear other than that episode in SMAPxSMAP?

6. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    I found this neat interview from a Tech magazine on mahoushoujoari's tumblr (http://mahoushoujoari.tumblr.com/) and I thought I 'd share it here. I can't help but love a girl that can handle a soldering iron better than me! :D

[Tech Souken] - Interview to Suga Nanako

SKE48’s Suga Nanako is a RobotGirl! NanNan’s dreams and ambitions.
    Do you know SKE48’s Suga Nanako? She’s a RobotGirl, good at using soldering irons, great dancer, a kendouka and an Idol. There’s no other girl like this in SKE…or better, in all the AKB Group aside from NanNan!

NANNAN IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON NANAROBO2

―― You started building NanaRobo 2 last December, am I right?

I’m currently building it. The plan is to try and upgrade the Unit n°1 (Kondo Kagaku Company’s KHR-HV model) I built when I was in grade school into a Unit n°2 (Kondo Kagaku Company’s KHR-3HV Ver.2)
     When I built the first unit I was in my 4th year of grade school and since I used all my free time to assemble it, it didn’t even took me a month!
     But, being a grade schooler, the robot was big and heavy for me so it wasn’t easy to turn the screws and replace the components when I did some mistake.

For the Unit n°2 I’m trying to find myself some time to build it. Having also SKE’s work aside from school right now it’s not even easy to remember where I left the last time I worked on it. Not to mention a while passed since I last held the screwdriver so the day after I started building my arms would hurt!! I like to drive screws but the power in my arms kinda disappeared lol

―― What will be Unit n°2’s characteristics?

It will pretty much look like the first unit, but I’d like to make it do more dance moves and perform more smoothly push ups and other achrobatic actions.
    The motor of the first unit was pretty old so it couldn’t manage to resist SKE’s dance moves. This time the motor is new so the moves should get way better!

This kind of robot kit allows you to program in a pretty easy way, so you register the input and then you make the robot move. The Unit n°2 is already able to do a lot so everyone, please wait for me to announce when it’ll be completed!!

―― I bet a robot girl is something pretty rare among SKE48, right?

There’s not even one person talking about robots lol 
    There are girls who watch robots anime but as for members whoa ctually deal with robots I think there’s nobody else not only in SKE but in all the AKB Group!

Anyway, if we’re talking about robots, there are many different kinds. 
    There’s also the kind of robots built in order to surpass human’s ability, but what I enjoy the most about building my bipedal robots is seeing how much I can have them move in a way similar to that of people.

Being robots, their movements are limited. I enjoy challenging those limits in order to avoid them and have the robot move like a person.
    There are many kind of robots right now so I’m also interested in other types!

―― So maybe you don’t just like robot kits, but you actually have a “Components Moe" (gets excited over components)

Exactly!! I joined the Inventions Club (Boys and girls inventions club http://kids.jiii.or.jp/modules/pico/index.php?content_id=300) in the early years of grade school, I’ve been taught about how to use a soldering iron and I used to put components inside circuits.
    We even built a solar car! I also had my father teach me how to use the soldering iron.

―― Ehh…so you can use the soldering iron…?

Of course. At that time it was like a toy for me so I even used to find it cute! Ah, obviously I still feel that way! But I guess there are not many girls able to use soldering irons…
    That’s why, in middle school’s crafting class I became a hero (heroine) with my use of the soldering iron!

I would go around the classroom and teach my friends, like “You need to do like this!", and when we had to build a radio in one lesson I finished precisely and quickly so I got a very nice grade!

―― Can you still use it?

I still can easily use it.

―― Do you plan on continuing to build robots?

I quit for a while after building my first robot in grade school, but now that I’m building a second one I discovered once again how enjoyable it is to build robots! So I’d love to keep doing it in the future!

―― The readers of [Tech Souken] are engineers and some of them also work on robots. What do you think about engineers?

Engineers are the ones create new things, right?
    I think it’s something really hard, but thanks to that the world’s potentials increase more and more and they grant us a lot of power.

For example, when I see news about a new robot being built I get excited and I start to look forward to the future! I, of course, support the engineers!! 

UNCONSCIOUSLY INTO SCIENCE; AN ENGINEER FATHER…NANNAN’S BACKBONE.

―― Are you on the scientific course…?

Do I look like I am?

―― I happened to listen to a radio show (Toukai Radio’s 1+1 wa 2 ja nai yo!) and that’s what I thought. The talk was about [Sunny VS Rainy] and you chose “Rainy". You said “There’s no particular difference between sunny and rainy".

Oh yes, I remember.

―― About that, your comrade said “But when it’s sunny the clothes get dry faster!" and you went like “You could just put them in a drying machine…!". And when the other said “You can smell the scent of the sun!", you said “You can reproduce that with an air conditioner!"
    Like, it felt as if, in case the result can be the same, you would be fine either with natural or technological processes, so I thought you have a scientific type of mentality.

Oh!! I see…! But sorry, I ‘m actually more into humanities.
    But my father is an engineer totally into science so some of that got maybe transferred into me too. You know? In my family we talk a lot while we eat, even with my older and younger brothers. It’s not like we talk about particularly relevant topics but it might be that I became unconsciously a bit into science thanks to that.

―― So…you’re not particularly good in math?

If I try, I’m pretty good at it. I just need to study it. When I had to study it for my high school exams, I became quite good at it. However, I’m still better at Japanese.

―― I heard your engineer father won a World Robots’ Competition!

Yes!! That’s also the very first thing that made me start being interested in robots! There was a robot kit at home and as I said I wanted to build it, he gave it to me!! When, during the assemblage of my first robot, the screw thread got smashed, he drew it out with pliers. He really helped me a lot!

Aside from, of course, my father, it looks like I’m easily influenced, because I was also influenced by my brothers. I joined the Inventions Club because my older brother got there too, and I also started playing soccer and kendou influenced by my brothers.

―― Looks like you kept practicing kendou to the point of reaching a 2 dan. Amazing!

My older brother was in the kendou club and, as I watched him practicing, I felt like I wanted to do it too so I started practicing in grade school. As I steadily went over the kyuu levels, in my 2nd year of middle school I reached the 2 dan! Right now it’s physically impossible for me to keep practicing but sometimes I swing the shinai I have at home!

Being surrounded by brothers, when I was a kid I used to play with cards and water pistols with naughty little boys! My roots are totally not idol-ish (lol)

IN SKE48 I WANT TO DANCE STANDING OUT WITHOUT DRAWING BACK.

―― Why did you apply to join SKE48? Does it have any connection to robots?

Not at all lol. Truth is I’ve been practicing dance since grade school and I’ve always wanted to dance on a stage. Now I really enjoy standing on the stage during the theater performances and since SKE is filled with unusual\weird girls, I really like it! There are many members excelling in something or having peculiarities, so it’s fun to be with them!

However, I had nothing, inside SKE48, to be proud of.
    And as I was feeling a bit sad because of it, I’ve been introduced, in a TV show, as the “girl who can make robots move"!! Then I realized that I have robots, they’re linked to my personality and, conseguently, they turned into confidence!

―― So it’s not like you originally wanted to become an idol?

I was an AKB48 fan, so that played a role in me wanting to join SKE48. However I didn’t think of wanting to become an idol not even in my dreams! I just wanted to become a performer and by joining SKE48 I realized Idols actually are performers as well…

That’s why I feel very satisfied right now.
    When I joined I used to love dance more, but as I kept working I got to like singing as well! But if I were to be asked what’s my favourite, after all it’s dance lol

From now on I’d like to work hard on showing a professional kind of dance. Having a lot of moves we’re not “actually" dancing most of the time, so I’d like to turn back to the basics and dance more and more, for real!
    I want to do my best in order to properly show it to the fans!

―― SKE48 is based in Nagoya, right? I went there for an interview last week. It’s a nice place, isn’t it?

Eh? Really? What did you eat? 

―― Hitsumabushi and Misokatsu and they both were delicious!

Are there many hitsumabushi shops in Tokyo? When I was in grade school I often had hitsumabushi for lunch at school normally, so I used to think it was normal for any Japanese person to eat it!
    I only recently got to know it’s a specialty of Nagoya and I got startled!

―― Speaking of grade school and also middle school I think, I heard you were president of the student council. Is that true?

Yes. Not sure why, but I kept being part of the student council ever since grade school, I’ve also been class representative all the time! Not sure if this is related to science or humanities, but I really like to plan things. To plan something for the school together with the students is what the student council is about, after all.

―― I see, so you have both leadership and management skills. Since SKE48 has many members, might it be that you’re some kind of mediator?

I have no leadership at all!! The ones putting order among the juniors are captains, leaders and older members! Among the members of my own generation there are many of my same age, so I try to stand out without drawing back. I’m very competitive, after all..

―― In case next year there will be another General Election for the AKB Groups, are you going to candidate?

Yes. I plan on doing it. Engineers, please support SKE48 and Suga Nanako! 

Well there's the one posted earlier in this thread:

Or this one posted about a year ago on her G+:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZmOZI2mow[/yt]

7. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    ^Just a question, how can I access the first video? It isn't working for me. It says "This video is private." BTW, thanks for sharing that interview! :)

Wow! She is so amazing. Knowing how to use soldering irons and stuffs. Even I, as an engineering student, do not know yet how to handle those things. Please continue on making robots! Ahh, it would be my dream to create robots with her. :drool: :^O^:

8. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    The uploaders set their video's to private during Japanese working hours. I think it's their way of dodging copyright claims/removal.

9. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    There's another video like that's not private if you want.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIDWI3UKLbg[/yt]

10. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Nanachooo will be appearing on UTB 216. I'll post some scans when they are available already. I'm planning to get one myself with the bonus picture. :)

11. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    Yuria just post this pic :)

[​IMG]

It just too much cute! Megane NanNan is just crazy cuteeee > <

12. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    ^
    Thanks thumbster!!! does nanacho only get 2 pages??

13. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    I didn't find one yet but I'm sure there're more, because she wouldn't show it if it's only 2 page, lol

14. iSid

iSid Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJZSIJTiEU[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjalhlxkiU[/yt]

15. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    She was really strong right? :3

I hope she did return to Ariyoshi 48 group tournament as SKE representative in the future! Last time we got Kinchan and we know how that ended up, lol

16. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Oh gad, dreading this ariyoshi guesting. But it was really a funny episode. Go nanacho. By the way, watching the Budokan day 3 concert and nanacho is just so kawaii in her eien pressure costume:

[​IMG]

17. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion
    [​IMG]

save me....

18. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    She almost got the center position for Ebi-Friday Night episode 4. But anyways, 27.5kg bench press for a girl, and not to mention that she's only 16, is very amazing. :XD:

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Watched a recent short where she demonstrates her technical prowess by soldering a circuit board, and then programming one of her robots. But she put the cherry on the icing on the cake by suiting up what looked like a controller unit (like straight out of Real Steel) and her robot mimicked her dance moves.

As a technician who sometimes has to deal with electronics, I'm impressed. [clap]

20. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    ^ Is this the video you were talking about?

[dm]x16tgxl[/dm]

Nan-nan is pure awesomeness! :awesome:

Even though it's quite understandable without any, I really wish that someone will make an english sub for this...