1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Miyazaki Miho (Myao) / 5th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Tatami Mats, Jul 13, 2008.

1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Happy Birthday, Myao! :D

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Happy birthday to one of the other twin towers! [party]

3. kerokero

kerokero Kenkyuusei

i got this from a TH article

omg omg omg this cannot be true. How did she not recieve any presents from her fans or from other akb members? She just turned the big 2-0 and there wasn't any get together with other friends or akb members? wtf is going on?!?! I really hope she was just kidding. i am so sad and shocked right now, I'm gonna send her something.

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

First thing I suppose is that we don't know the context of the comment, was it part of a skit, or a sarcastic comment or was it just a straight out admission of the truth? if its the latter then I'm a little shocked as well, I too would have thought she'd have some long-time fans who would have sent her presents.

As you said, close friends among the members often give each other birthday presents but perhaps Myao doesn't have especially close friends at the moment. I did a quick check on tumblr and Lovetan and Kitarie made G+ posts congratulating Myao on her birthday but not much else. She hasn't had a birthday show at the theatre yet so we don't know what her birthday committee have planned, the next team K performance is August 18 so we'll see then.

If it wasn't a skit or something then it sounds very much like self-pity and that's not really what you want to hear from an idol. Perhaps she should be asking herself why her handshake sales are bad and why she didn't get any presents. Her ranking has fallen every year until she didn't rank this year so perhaps she needs to make a drastic change like Lovetan or else start making plans for what she wants to do if she leaves the group.

5. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

It's too easy to blame factors like changing fan preferences, the antis, the arrival of new gens or the growth of sister groups for her decline, but really, she has to reinvent herself.

However, no surprises if Myao announces her declaration to graduate at any of the upcoming Dome performances.

6. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Yeah I just read a Tokyohive article about Myao doing a radio show:

To be honest, I know Myao is past her prime in AKB, considering all the new members. But no presents on her birthday?? At all?? I didn't expect that, even as a normal person that's really saddening.

Now I don't know if this quote was 100% real, but if it was I could believe it. I agree on one thing though...

I wouldn't be surprised to wake up tomorrow morning to find that Myao announced her graduation...

I know it's sad, but for someone to be in Myao's position, I just don't see any purpose in going any further. I don't know if that was too harsh, but that's just the way I see it.

7. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I just feel bad for Myao! :cry: She's really young but she doesn't get pushed! :( If she can do something to get her popularity back then she should stay otherwise it's best for her to graduate!!

I'll feel bad for Aki-p when all the 1st to 7th gen members graduate and he only left with 9th and up gens. AKB might lose their popularity by then!

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Has anyone got a recording of that radio broadcast?

9. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

Its sad. When I first came here a few months ago and started watching AKBingo one of the first people who I could remember is Myao. Wish her all the best in this uphill battle :)

10. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    wait what?! I just noticed something I never noticed in the thread on fan letters for the members, do I have to write the Japanese address in Japanese on the envelope?! [sweat]

yeah I've been feeling that since December 2012 things have really been slipping downhill for Myao, at least it seemed that way lately as of the past year. Maybe she could easily pull off an Erepyon move when graduating, now Erena is doing pretty well by herself! She always got beat up on in AKBINGO! too :hmm:

lol sonsam... Aki-p will then turn into an odd distantly related Japanese version of Hugh Hefner! :lol: I don't see the 48family really losing its popularity, he has created something that could really live on for a long time.

11. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    Did you write the addresses side by side like that? I might do that too next time!

12. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

Myao..... I agree she should graduate now unless she enjoys performing at the theater everyday.... It's a sad story for a decent singer in AKB :(

Well, in the idol world, being young is not as important as being "fresh". Myao is even younger than Minarun but Myao is considered "old" while Minarun is still consider "new". And to be fair, she did get push. She participate in almost all singles from Oogoe Diamond to Everyday Kachiusa and center a unit song in B5. In fact, among the mid gen, I think only Akicha and Sasshi got a better push. Sadly, it just didn't work out.

As an Amina's fan, I could say that Myao and Amina's situation is very different. Myao got a very standard route: promoted, pushed and finally dropped. Management's treatment to her has been quite well, better than many other girls (e.g. Chikarina, Mariyannu). Meanwhile, Amina has always been a fan favorite and management's unwanted child. Most importantly, despite mgmt's bad treatment in all her AKB career, Amina has persevered for 7 yrs and she truly loves AKB. All AKB fans should love her for that.

13. lemonade

lemonade Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    I was quite sad for Myao when I read about her birthday situation, but I'm glad she finally got her cake, at least!

[​IMG]
    (From Tumblr)

I think I'll be sending her something soon. I've never sent a gift to an idol before, but Myao deserves it!

14. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    @lemonade:

You, sir, are a hero.

Myao isn't my oshi, but I do like her since quite long ago, and it saddens me to see her being given the cold shoulder oh so much these days. I've had days where I've had pangs for Myao's antics, her great sense of humor, or some Myao kyou-ken motormouth bashing... and I go to the web to find nothing there.

The last Anta Dare! she was on was a saving grace, and really enjoyed it thoroughly, especially Myao's faux chinese accent. :)

If you could convey to her along with the gift a late happy birthday and there are still fans out there who love her, I would be so grateful to you.

15. lemonade

lemonade Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    I've been working on it! I made a handmade card for her and found a really cute baseball cap, since she seems to wear those quite often. I also got her a little Carebear, since I remember that she collects them. It's just a matter of mailing it now. I hope she likes it. [blush]

16. Delur

Delur Kenkyuusei

Tokyo Dome Day 2
    M16. Renai Kinshi Jorei
    (Takahashi Minami, Minegishi Minami, Miyazaki Miho)

Hurray Myao got some of the spotlight !

17. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    I just drop by to post this
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x92vmR9EO8[/yt]
    I don't know If I'm mistaken, But I think it's Myao at the 2nd row center.. :hmm: I can't tell because the hairstyle..well, since the Under system been abolished, and any members from any team can act as replacements..you know~ :p

If it really her, I don't know whats wrong to Myao's fan base, She's changing hairstyle and yet her thread is as silent as a graduated members thread, Jurina changing hairstyle and its in the News!! (I know comparing Myao with Jurina is ridiculous).. :hmm:

*EDITED: I've just read the previous posts, I think its really, truly sad if nobody celebrated your birthday..
    I don't know what goes wrong, I really thoungt eventhough she's not in senbatsu anymore, at least her fan base is as stable as Nito (looks at her graduation)..To think that nobody celebrated it is just.. :cry:

18. Myaoshi

Myaoshi Kenkyuusei

Myao is not in Team B =/. Idk who you're referring to but I'm sure it isn't her.

19. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    But The Under system has been abolished at Tokyo Dome in the previous night(The same night the Team 4 was reformed), that mean anyone from any team can be a substitute to anyone from any team..
    but, well, If that isn't her, my mistakes then :lol: ..

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

@DerKaiserZen - Myao isn't in that video, perhaps you're mixing her up with Nonaka Misato.