Disbanded J-pop Girl Groups

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by milaya, Jul 1, 2007.

1. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

A thread to discuss/talk about the disbanded j-pop girl groups/bands.(Non-H!P)
    Some are more or less known. The ones I chose to picture are almost completely random. Feel free to mention more girl groups, than shown below, since I've only included some.

- AI-SACHI
    - Bishoujo Club 31
    - BOYSTYLE
    - Checkicco
    - D.D.D (Uncertain)
    - D&D
    - Doll's VoX
    - DROPS
    - EARTH
    - Folder5
    - Fruit Punch
    - Heartdales
    - Juemilia
    - Mean Machine
    - Melocure
    - Morita Club (Uncertain)
    - Onyanko Club
    - PARADISE Go!!Go!! (Uncertain)
    - Sister Q
    - SPEED
    - Speena
    - Springs
    - Suitei Shoujo
    - SUPER MONKEYS
    - SweetS
    - Tiaraway
    - Whiteberry
    - Wink
    - YeLLOW Generation

- The uncertain groups, are the ones, not announcing their break-up, but haven't released anything for almost a year or more.

I hope PARADISE Go!!Go!! will return, since I love this group <3 but they haven't released anything since March 2006. :cry:

I miss SweetS the most, this group was amazing both in vocals, dancing and great songs... <3<3

2. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I was a fan of quite a few of these. EARTH was the shiznit back in the day. Is This Love is still an awesome song. I still remember seeing them perform it on Music Station. SweetS had some catchy tunes, too. Oh, and ZONE.. A group with genuine talent, for sure. Folder 5 had a few things I liked, and Akina's solo career was okay for the short time it lasted. The one I miss the most is EARTH by far. They actually were supposed to return a few years ago and even performed at some avex events, but it looks like from what I read on some fansite message boards, Avex scrapped the revival.

Another one to add to the list is AI-SACHI. Two singles then they just vanished. They didn't even get a fair chance. :confused:

3. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

Milaya I love this thread!

XD I'm a big fan of 80's and 90's jpop groups that have disbanded! :cry:

Btw..Onyanko Club is amazing! I can still listen to their albums..Also alot of the girls who went solo did really well to! My favorite was Yuuyu! <3

SPEED is love<3 xD I still sing to white love! and Wake me up!

and ZONE was one of the frist Japanese groups I ever got into! Their music is incredible!
    secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~ is love<3

SweetS is also really cool! I have all their albums! xD

4. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Datalanche Not often I hear from people who knows EARTH. I downloaded their discography a month or two ago. I like a lot of their songs.
    I've never heard about AI-SACHI before. I'll add them to the list, interesting to see if it gets bigger. So people, if you know other disbanded groups, let me know ;)

Erena
    Onyanko Club is/was cool.. yes. (never thought I'll be listening to 80's j-pop)
    I was annoyed about not being able to download any of their songs, so decided to buy "Daizenshu Part 1 of 2" (which is a 4 disc collection) and I really like the songs. But don't think any of them beats the catchiness of "SAILOR-Fuku Wo Nugasanaide" ;)

SPEED, I find to be "okay" I'm not sure I've never been fully into them.
    *looking at her cd collection* Okay just realized I have 5 albums and one single with SPEED. Well Guess they've made some good songs. :roll:

ZONE is a kinda "new" discovery for me. Meaning I've known about them for 2-3years, I even had their E album on my computer. But never really gave it a listen. (downloaded it because they were a girl group) Then I watched their Sotsugyou PV a week ago, and feel in love with the song and the rest of their songs. And now I've already ordered two of their albums.

SweetS are just amazing. I'm glad I didn't become a fan before they broke up, or else I would be so devastated. I heard about them, from the news of their disbanding.

5. Yukari

Yukari Kenkyuusei

I miss SweetS TT^TT

i wish haruna do solo and mai too T^T
    i love their songs so much ..

6. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I love Haruna <3
    She's my fave SweetS member, I miss her voice. I hope she'll return to singing :(

7. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Another one that comes to mind is Heartsdales. Granted, they were a hip hop, but they're still a girl group and a darn good one at that. I don't mine hip hop most of the time, but they were particularly good, and unfortunately disbanded in 2006. :(

8. Twintails

Twintails Kenkyuusei

So this was technically a seiyuu duo, but... tiaraway! D: They disbanded in March of 2005 and I still miss them so much~ T_T

9. marik♥

marik♥ Kenkyuusei

i follow SweetS since their first debut.
    what a cool girlband ^^
    xDD
    i love their songs.
    Mio and Mai <3

ZONE was great too.

10. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I absolutely LOVED SweetS - They should never have disbanded! ;_;

11. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Heartdales and tiaraway added.
    I've also added some other groups, I managed to look up. But there's probably still a lot more missing :)

Seems like a lot of us, has groups we miss... the curse of "groups"

I really hope PARADISE Go!!Go!! return, I really like them, but so far no news (of releases or disbanding)

12. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Wow, I didn't know Yellow Generation was officially over. Yeesh, this industry changes fast, doesn't it? I was looking through my PV collection and saw another group that is currently MIA, which is BOYSTYLE. I wouldn't call them totally out just yet, but the last single they released was in late 2004. Their official website has been updated once since then, when one of the members unceremoniously left the group, but no new music.

13. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^ I didn't know they disbanded either. I was surprised by this when i looked them up on Wiki.Theppn. They had some good songs.

BOYSTYLE are added. Thanx for telling about them, I've added them as uncertain. I looked them up and downloaded one of their songs: "Kokoro no Chizu" Which is quite good :)
    Also added another girl group DROPS, can't find any information on this group, so the link will take you to their profile on Last.fm, which is empty (besides for one picture) But seems like they've released 2 singles and 1 album in 2004. Downloaded their song: "Furare Kibun de Rock'n Roll" which is a very average girl group pop song. (with average vocals) But always nice to get to know other girl groups.

Was about to add: PIPO Angel's to the list.
    But now it seems like they're together again and releasing a new single July 11th.

14. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I really love Onyanko Club and Springs. :u I wish Onyanko Club would do another reunion! Also, I hear Ito-chan from Springs is in a new girl duo group...but...on their website, it only shows the other girl's profile...and in some of the pictures instead of Ito-chan there's just a shadow. So I don't know. They definitely were around for awhile there, around four months ago--they did a bunch of informal lives and had a radio show & their songs were pretty good, even. Anyway, I hope she's in a new group, she was my favorite. <3

15. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

I didnt know sweets got dissolved =\ too bad

16. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

OMG!!! Is it true that Melocure and Yellow Generation are disbanded? Sheeesh... :( But the disbanded girl group that really made me sad was ZONE. The day that i knew ZONE was disbanded, it felt like something was forcefully ripped out of my heart. I really love ZONE when i first listened to HANABI ~Kimi ga Ita Natsu~ song, and the PV was great too. That song was the reason i formed my band Shiroi Hana.
    Just hope that Ai-Sachi revive. I want to hear more of them, not just 2 singles and PVs. What the... :x

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

my fav girls group ever... SweetS!
    i have almost all singles except first 3 and all albums and one PB.
    i want to collect the whole discography of SweetS.
    it was a shocking news when i heard that they will disband. even though the sales were very bad but all releases are great!!!!
    i never thing that SweetS songs are bored.

18. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

SPEED <3
    They were my first encounter with J-Pop. I was really sad when they disbanded but I still listen to some of their stuff every once in a while. Alive is soooo good!
    Overall, my Speed fandom has been an eyeopening experience for me. I've never been such an enthusiastic fan before and probably never will be again. I'm too old for that now.
    I've spend so much money on their stuff and now it's collecting dust... But I don't regret it and I take a lot more time now to think about the stuff I intend to buy.

19. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Well, it's official. BOYSTYLE is gone. There an announement here with the typical "They're going their seperate ways" story we hear oh so often. Luckily, you can still find them around on TV. Eri and Asami are both appearing on dramas in the future. Then again, Eri is apparently a pretty famous actress. I didn't know that. Too bad I'm not into doramas. Might have to pick one or two up just to see them again!

20. Kia

Kia Kenkyuusei

I really miss SweetS, too (like many of you)!! They were like, one of my favourite Japanese groups ever... Well, they still are. AND MIORI IS THE BEST, YOU KNOW!! xD Their releases were always so awesome. :D :(