TV / Radio [TV] Mechaike Special Sport Festival 2013 Nov 16th & 23th

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by citanchaos, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Re: [TV] Mechaike Special Sport Festival 2013 Nov 16th

Yeah, this is definitely Garita's way of sticking it to the general public haha. Get Mayu even more involved with Kato and put them together.

It actually sorta gives Mayu an identity in variety. Something she was previously lacking. This could open many more paths for Mayu if she keeps rolling with all these thing.

2. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48

yeah because making/demanding from your oshimen the total opposite of what she is now is always good for them.

Just as trying to be someone else other than yourself is.

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Yes, people who can show different sides of themselves are generally looked upon more favorably than people who are rigid and one-dimensional all the time. It's fine to have an established character but it's also important to venture outside that character from time to time just to show that you CAN be different (not necessarily that you SHOULD be, just that it's possible). It's important because it gets boring to watch the same thing over and over again. We can only be so impressed with Paru's salty character or Mayu's CG smile for so long before we crave something fresh and yet-unseen. I personally usually think it's amazing when the girls break character, especially here in Mayu's case... watching her be crazy and a fightmonger was so much funnier than if she just stared at him with an icy look or something.

4. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

sorry, I wanna ask

in the beginning, when they still at the class. when the teacher talked to yuihan, why he deeply apologized to mayuyu?

5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

He was making sure Mayuyu wasn't getting hurt, and thus her fans wouldn't be angry. They are referring to the situation a while back when Mayuyu got kicked in the head and fans threatened to erase them from this Earth.

The thing about salty Paruru is that the image is actually super popular with girls too. "Worried Paruru" look is almost on the same level as "Tomochin's Duckface" look. Once you've built a huge fanbase in both genders it really helps validating your status.

6. Silenka

I'm not talking about validation or whether a girl's image works or not though. Paru's obviously does for her (in some respects) and that's totally fine. I'm just saying it's easy for an image a girl has relied on for years to get kind of stale. If you don't switch it up and surprise people sometimes you're going to get too boring and predictable. I've been very happy to see that Paru (since she's an easy example) has been smiling/laughing/joking on camera more often lately. I'm just as happy to see Mayu break her usual character and do something different. I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for an idol to show a different side of herself other than her established character. That's when stuff like variety TV really shines IMO - when there's an ACTUAL surprise for the viewer (even if it's scripted, lol).

7. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

interesting eps tho i find bka48 final test more entertaining than this sport festival eps..
    and could it be this is finally the first time jurina got her face covered in flour?damn that sasshi.. :D
    cant wait for the extra footage of this eps especially the scene featuring ex-momusu member fujimoto miki..

8. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

@Silenka
    so you mean other girl who already smile, laughing, n joking is boring n no good!?
    well then i suggest all new draft member, have gloomy chara first and then after couples years start smile, laughing, joking so they can be popular like paruru. :fp:

fyi that kind of mayuyu actually isnt new, in akb48+10 you can often see mayuyu like that when they playing anime chara with other members, she was anime otaku afterall
    and when she angry like in akbingo she often become like that

9. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Kinda surprised to see that Rena Matsui is so unathletic... I guess her Gekikara persona is still so strong in my mind that I just assumed she would have destroyed everybody. :awesome: But I think maybe a leaf in the wind might have more strength than Rena. :^^;:

10. gd131

gd131 Kenkyuusei

cant wait for the english subs.

11. BloodRim101

BloodRim101 Kenkyuusei

What you are is stating is general in nature, therefore applies to all, you know.
    You have a point about the breaking out of character, though i kinda disagree with your example.
    BTW, I know a member who only smile when a camera is on her. :hehe:

12. f3face

f3face Kenkyuusei

no news for the english subs yet ?

:( :( [boom]

really wish i could understand what are the jokes and laughs all about... [think]

13. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

^
    Patience young padawan the show only aired a few days ago. Im sure it will get subbed eventually as all the other ones did.

14. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48

What I was talking about is that I'd wish the girls would just be themselves without having to conform to the wishes people who are possibly not even their fans.

The thing is Paruru doesn't break her character. She does what she does not because she wants to conform to some sort of character or image, but because she wants to do it and she feels comfortable with it. That applies to any reaction you get from her. There is no script, no character to follow. There is no telling what she'll do next, it depends entirely on her own initiative.

If you want to have a character and managed to establish it and you're good at it, then in that case I don't see the need to break it just because some entity other than yourself wants you to break it. It just makes no sense to me. You worked hard to establish it, announce your adherence to the standards you defined on your own, and then you go against them.

There was a certain person who said AKB48 is an idol group, and a variety expert has no business at the top of it. Well, walk the walk then.

Well, it gives me a topic to talk about and others as well so let's just sit back and enjoy the show.

15. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

That person saying that is akin to saying that all the Kami level members should graduate to make way for the quieter, more 'idolish' girls, like, I don't know, someone like Tomochin? Annin? AKB variety wouldn't be so entertaining to watch if the top members were all the my-pace and quiet demure type. And I doubt that AKB would be as popular as it is today without members like Takamina and Yuko, along with Sasshi.

16. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Unfortunately this isn't like in animu where you have the subs ASAP. In my case humor doesn't need translations.

17. Silenka

What I learned from this thread: I have to stop using Paru as an example for anything because her fans jump to defend her even if I didn't say anything bad about her at all.

Seriously I've never said anything bad about Paru and I don't even dislike her, I don't get it :D

I'm just saying this is one of the ways comedy works. Breaking established character is a great way to get laughs. It's like if Aki-P really did bust out glowsticks and do the wota chants at the NMB shonichi he attended the other day - it would be so out of character it would be absolutely hilarious. Of course it's not usually necessary to break character, but there are definitely times when it could be called for, like on programs such as Mecha-Ike. I don't see why this concept is so hard for some people to grasp/accept, it's not even a big thing.

18. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

this one i cant agree,

there is some old saying "there is so many way to rome"
    even without takamina or yuko, akb will still popular it depend on aki-p himself. he just have to change his courses of popularity to different way. maybe you wont be akb fans later but you will definitely replace by other people who matched with his way.

all things we likes about akb, its actually just part of aki-p's "art of perception".
    just like when we go to departement store and buy things because we see something we like, but actually without us realizing it, our mind were told by the store to buy their goods.

19. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

@Silenka - forgive us... we're a skittish bunch, and you can't say you really blame us, can you? Anyway I at least try to be pretty level headed. Remember Paruru fans are not a collective entity!

I actually just think oscar likes to talk about Paru, his post didn't seem overly defensive to me. But maybe I'm just used to his assertive writing style which is very forward and almost aggressive, nearly all the time. (no offense meant, oscar!)

I'm not even sure what the discussion going on is about... I came to find out if there were any youku links to clips of this. Or not youku, anything will do.

20. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48

Oh now I get it, well it was Mayuyu herself saying that. But I think we can be sure, that she does not want them to graduate.

No you didn't say anything bad, just something that I wanted to add another perspective on. I wasn't getting defensive, just adding another perspective.

@Parikurren: http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_%E3% ... _orderby_2