Single AKB48 34th [Suzukake no Ki no...] 13/12/11

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 34th [Kimi no Hohoemi wo...] 13/12/11

Well, Party is over is definitely different. It'd make an absolute killer instrumental.

Between that and Escape, I think I have my two faves. The other couplings however...

2. Minoru_21

Minoru_21 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

I like Party is Over..Its sounds somewhat soothing..It's easy to listen too..

3. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

So much talk about the poetic, brooding masterpiece that is Darkness...when it isn't even part of this single! :^O^:

I'm definitely not wowed by the Suzukake Nanchara PV and agree it just doesn't live up to the unexpected catchiness of the song. I don't dislike it though, although I still feel bored by those drab gray outfits. I wish the whole thing in general was more colorful and 'popped' a bit more. But I'm looking forward to seeing the full PV with all the 10 years later scenes. Especially Jurina without bangs, as she should be! :lol:

Now we just need the Mosh & Dive preview. Given the title, I'm expecting it to be totally grunge. All the girls in flannel with unwashed hair and Dave Grohl on guitar? :awesome:

4. eroisa

eroisa Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    pinkucream

Whoa, I wasn't expecting this, as much as I loved the preview I thought that the full song would be just "ok" like happened with the HKT song but I really liked it!I'm really curious for the full MV now.
    (I giggled at the end when the girl of the radio said the full name of the single hehe I was like "calm down girl, take a break!" [hehe] )
    I'm happy that they tried to show all the girls, simply loved the Emika closeups, this girl is so cute!And Hirari always steals the moment whenever she appears on camera for me, even on the performances of the song.
    I was disappointed with Heart Ereki (which I thought that was a pretty good song and was excited for the MV but in the end was just..."meh") but I'm pretty satisfied with we have until now, when I first saw their costumes I thought "ok...why is this thing grey?" but in the end I liked them.I really like the choreography and I must admit that they look cute doing that "Usain Bolt" pose, I don't know why haha .I'll wait for the drama version, I hope that it ends up being satisfying too (of course I wouldn't mind if it was really good :awesome: ).

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina

I love the PV! Jurina's my favorite member but I'm happy it didn't become another Darkness like PV. It's good that most/all of the girls were given decent screen time.

Some things though, I was hoping for a more colorful costume! Also, the scenes where they were just laughing/standing while wearing the dance costume could have been replaced by more school scenes. 'Would love to see more school scenes since it's a throwback to classic AKB.

And where are the janken references? I was waiting for that. Uchida's costume, Shinoda's choreo where she defeats the throw of the other members, Paruru's scissors agains't Kanon's paper, where's Jurina's homage to janken?

I can really see this song becoming an AKB classic, it has the tune to be one, depends on how they promote it and to how often it'll be performed in concerts.

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase

I really get the feeling they tried to move away from Janken with this single. And it's working quite well, I think.

7. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

What is with the intro of Party Is Over? Definitely something unconventional for once.. Really love the song in general, though. This is shaping up to be a rather perfect single so far! Now all that's left is Mosh and Dive.

8. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

The song needs a little bit more of mix but I think it's already great on its own.

9. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild

Party is over is much better but perhaps a little monotonous. I tested with listening here and there but it sounded the same all the time.

10. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Listening to Party is over, and hmm...I feel like the arranger just bought a new synthesizer and wanted to fiddle around with it? The scratchy record sounds, the sampling, the opening, it all sounds a little obtrusive. Otherwise the arrangement is pretty soothing, as others have said. But I can't say I love the song - it feels like the composition doesn't develop at all, and the arrangement was made up to compensate for that. So it sounds pretty good, but rather unbalanced.

Escape sounded okay, but the sample is too short for me to really judge. I've learned not to get excited about electronic 48-family songs because they almost always suddenly segue into stereotypical J-pop composition :D

I think my favorite song off this single will probably be Suzukake Nanchara. It sticks in my head really pleasantly, without making me think "why am I humming this awful song?" :hehe:

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Welp ordered type A after hearing party is over, almost got S though... <_> Not a terrible crop of B-sides this time, it seems, but nothing super-amazing either. Oddly, so far I actually like the title track a lot more than any of the B-sides, which is a rarity. Looking forward to Mosh&Dive though...

12. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

13. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw

Did anyone else think they were listening to Virgin love when suzukakekakikakokaku started playing? because i sure did.

so i guess Mosh&Dive will be the Christmas song? either that or there will be no Christmas song which is a possibility.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Mosh and Dive sounds more like it could (hopefully) a Babymetal type track than a christmas song but I wouldn't put it past Aki-P to merge the two concepts.

15. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48

Here's a source on DM for the PV
    [dm]x17wd20[/dm]

16. icehism

icehism Kenkyuusei

so far this single only has two interesting and different songs: Escape and Party is over.

hopefully mosh and dive is different.

nmb song and suzukake too generic

17. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

I merged the thread for "Wink wa sankai" with this one. We don't really need separate threads for songs from the same single. Also updated the OP with all the relevant information regarding Senbatsu members and the like.

18. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

That's too bad. It was nice having a thread for it on the HKT forum. I know that some HKT fans on Stage48 don't usually check the AKB forum and will probably not read this thread here.

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    This is the release that the song is on. I'm sure that HKT followers are aware of that. Whatever is posted in the AKB48 forums does by extension relate to what's going on with HKT anyway.
    If we'd be having a separate thread for it in the HKT forums, we'd need to have one for the SKE and NMB songs too. But we don't, so I don't see why HKT should receive special treatment.

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Wow, who?

It always confuse me how people are sister group fan but don't have any interest in AKB or other sister group. Aren't we supposed to love the whole AKB family?

Of course i'm not as active in HKT thread that in NMB thread, but fuse thread is a way for "extremist" (like SKE wota asking for SKE independance) to open their field vision a little bit more.