[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The album covers aren't all that bad. Some are cringe worthy but otherwise I've been reading some good things on them and some are cool so I'm overall pretty happy. I'm excited for N3's cover though.

BII will also be getting a DVD of their Aitakatta show released on 1/1/2014.

2. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Oh...dear. Maybe when we get higher quality pictures, they won't all look as photoshopped? :^^;:
    Well, to be fair, I do like N1 and BII1 pretty well as a whole. The concepts of N2 and BII2 are both good, but executed weirdly. M1 is okay, but again, the execution is kind of strange.

3. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ...i-is that for real?

But yay, I've been waiting for N1 since forever. Sayanee's Bird and NanaChun Shinikirou. So excite. [rock]

4. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Nice. I really enjoy seeing the girls playing instruments live, especially Sayanee playing the guitar. Really brings out the true rocker nature in her. hehe

Not sure as I can only watch the youku video but is that Ayachan on piano and Keicchi on drums?

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    About BII's Aitakatta DVD, they also include the surprise A1st performance in the DVD :inlove:
    source

6. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    those covers are pretty sweet!

also, i just meant to type NBD (as in "no big deal") but accidentally typed NMB. you know where my mind has been...

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Couple of videos on their Youtube Channel:

Emichi playing against a Janken machine, she has to get 48 coins to win the game and win center for the NMB performance of the Janken single on the 16th. If she loses all her coins and has to refill, she gets random punishment games for the amount that she refills (48 refills means she has to perform in a school swimsuit, lol). If she fails to get 48 in 5 hours then she gets last position.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B3YZCKAayE[/yt]

Riichan 24-hour TV with random stuff happening to members. So far...
    -Ayabaa doing weather forecast
    -Shimarena needing to stay up all night
    -Nana speaking after inhaling a helium balloon

and Maachun/Ripopo saying Riichan cha chan to the tune of the Terminator theme.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grTkk_Bf2AE[/yt]

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I watched that Emichi vid yesterday, there's going to be another part uploaded soon.
    She started off so well... and then ... fail..
    I don't think she's get as far as the swimsuit though, or the bloomers..

Riichan 24 hour TV.. [party]
    Although wtf at the terminator music.
    I'd still trade it in for her to get a somewhat serious/real acting role somewhere, something like Keicchi had would do fine.
    Not that she can keep a straight face during Midnight comedy, so how she'd do in a real drama production who knows..

9. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Yeah, besides the Geinin movie, Udon's movie, one short Osaka dramas that featured Fuu/Momoka/Keira, Poison and now Nana's drama, we really haven't had anything acting wise. I think we could see that change big time this year. Television-acting wise at least. Stage acting we get enough with the Shinkigeki.

And this thing is actually 24 hours, wow. That's crazy. They're gonna need a lot of help to continue. Riichan looked really tired in one of her G+ updates that was probably taken at the Tokyo Yoshimoto HQ where they filmed it. I'm excited though.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Well, acting roles are hard to come by unless they are actually decent actresses... only the top of AKB seems to get them and even then they only tend to select the good actresses. Remember when people were livid because Kaoru got a spot on ATARU and the main role in a movie? Turns out she's actually good at acting.

11. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Kaoru's spot on ATARU was significant because the drama itself was a prime time drama that featured Nakai Masahiro, Kuriyama Chiaki, Kitamura Kazuki etc. (as well as Kaoru's mysterious entrance into AKB itself) But I'm sure Gingerninja and I were thinking more along the lines of smaller roles in smaller dramas like Poison, nothing big on primetime like ATARU or Ikemen Desu ne. (As cool as that would be, it would require a strong agency backing to do that)

Nana's going to be with Tanaka Naoki of CocoRico and Watanabe Naomi, so it's one of those Yoshimoto dramas again, and I'm alright with those since it's good to just build things up. Getting a few of those roles I think is definitely possible for members as opposed to WataRenai, ATARU, etc.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Even in smaller dramas, there hasn't been much given to AKB (excluding the dramas that they produced themselves).

Outside of Kojiharu, Yuuko, Shinoda Mariko, Maeda Atsuko, and Yukirin who have starred in major dramas, I feel that only Minegishi, wTomomi, Watanabe Mayu, and Kitarie have gotten bit parts. You can throw Zaki in there too, I guess.

13. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Yeah it kinda sucks. But those girls mentioned are also the ones who have their own agencies watching their backs. Without an agency you get nothing, even Yoshimoto can only get you so far, because they want you working on their own stuff, which is fine, I really enjoy stuff like Midnight Comedy, but they can't get you into other things to help advance careers other than in comedy/light entertainment stuff.

14. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Chihara Seiji was part of ATARU, and he's Yoshimoto, but yeah, it's definitely hard to advance in the realms of acting but not impossible. I think once you reach a certain level of popularity then it's definitely possible, since tons of comedians act and whatnot even outside of their own company's productions. For NMB though, it''ll probably take awhile (or go to Sayanee/Milky/Nana if anything big arises).

15. rival

rival Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Are there NMB girls aspiring to become an actress? I don't even know.

Those covers for the studio recordings look pretty poorly done though :D The concept is nice, but I can hardly believe they are real, seeing how badly Photoshopped they are.

16. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Yoshimoto can produce an hour-long drama for HA! and a Geinin movie. HA! was stacked with talent.

I wouldn't look at the agency as the problem. Tsuchida has said that Yoshimoto is the Ohta Pro of the West.

Maybe the girls just aren't good at acting yet.

17. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I think it's just a matter of time. They've shown to take their time and gradually give members things and not aggressively give them everything all at once. Plus there's also them not being ready from the perspective of management, whether it's because they're not big enough names to get offers or can't act etc.

The Geinin movie was part of an annual collaboration between TV-Nihon and Yoshimoto Kogyo, and it was down to a movie with NMB versus a movie of Tabizaru (which is Okamura Takashi and Higashino Koji's travel program) and they decided to go with NMB. But besides being part of a collaboration, they allow people like Matsumoto Hitoshi to make movies (some of which are quite well received in the West, despite R100 bombing terribly), and more popular stars such as Koba, Miyasako, Miyagawa Daisuke, Shinagawa etc do dramas and movies regularly.

But I think as we head into the fourth year we'll start seeing members branch out more, especially since NMB has quite a few aspiring actresses in Nana, Milky, Keira, Fuuchan etc.

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Totally forgot that Ken Koba was in BOSS, and that was the first time I ever saw him.

Anyway, as none of us our privy to the training schedule of the girls or management decisions, all we can do is just speculate. I just wanted to say that even AKB has a hard time getting acting jobs.

The comedians can't either. It's a comedy, after all. :D

(Besides, if Itano Tomomi can get bit parts in drama, certainly Riichan can.)

19. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Does anyone plans to buy some visions of the stage albums?
    I'm arguming with myself to buy the set of the 5 CD's of CDJapan. I like the covers, they're soooo NMB :D

20. ekebi

ekebi Kenkyuusei

What are the names of these NMB48 members?

What are their names

Attached Files: