Single AKB48 34th [Suzukake no Ki no...] 13/12/11

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

what akip mean by school is that IF the girls want learn something from the experience of each day in akb, not just have fun n playing as idol, the lesson thing is just small part of learning, the true lesson is the experince itself, but all of that is up to the girls self whether they want to learn something everyday or not.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    nfkngblvbl...

Once again, one of, if not the most serious soloists in the history of the group is ignored in this conversation. :fp:

Wasamin has posted about singing lessons quite often on her blog/G+. There is even a reference to it on her Request Covers DVD

Ahh, my biggest pet peeve with this fandom. How many Diva contests does Misaki need to win to be recognized? I'm sorry. This is not a slight on Yuka. I like her very much. But if the crux of your conversation on singing focuses on Mayu/Takamina/Yuka/Sae(?) Then you aren't delving deep enough into the subject matter. All of you posers who complain about singing. I don't see you in Wasamin's...or Karen's...or Miyumiyu's threads. So your arguments/complaints are shallow at best.

Gospel

Gospel x2

Gospel x3 This reminds me of my "Big Mac" analogy, which I won't bore you guys with because it is FAR off-topic.

3. goh1925

goh1925 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    Is the lessons arranged by herself, or her agency, or the management of AKB48?
    I'm curious, most of the soloist just don't sounds like they did went through any significant amount of training..

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Documentary of AKB - To Be Continued, Tomochin's interviews. She said that since she got her solo project announced, she had been taking voice lessons like mad and working every day to train her voice. So that's at least one source. Then there's Wasamin, where it's obvious she has to be taking vocal lessons because she's singing in a style that requires extensive training. I somehow doubt that Takamina, as ambitious as she is, wouldn't also somehow be making use of vocal lessons for her solo project (but I don't have a source for that :XD: ). Couldn't say about the other soloists though. I wonder if Yukirin does. I wonder if she feels the need to...

As an aside, you will also notice that girls in MCs only comment on a member's singing voice when they've sung something live. They gloss over the entire "singing" part of the act when they're lipsyncing. In fact, "singing" isn't a really popular topic in MCs probably for precisely that reason, though dancing comes up quite a bit more.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I remember seeing an interview with Yukirin a while back, maybe around the time of her first concert of first single. Anyway, she mentioned in the interview how she was not confident in singing low notes and that was one area that she was working on specifically with a coach in preperation for her upcoming projects. Side note, I thought the comment was a little funny as I was and am a fan of Yukirin's lower register.

So... yeah. Yukirin has had vocal lessons. Not aware if they are ongoing though. Now to see if I can find that interview... Maybe it was the MTV interview she had back when.

6. namme90

namme90 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    nammekun
    If I'm correct Takamina and Mayu have a voice coach, Kato Izumi. Not sure on Takamina but I more likely sure on Mayu.

The lady that they had a duet with here:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnJ0qf9lb5I[/yt]

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I feel I need to explain something. Don't take my posts too seriously. They are serious in the sense that I mean what I write, I'm not trolling, but often nothing super serious. So if I write that Akicha is pushed down, it's a swipe at Aki-p and not something I think is worth discussing, just simply my opinion. I do not lay on the floor and kicking and screaming or climbing the walls. It's my way of writing and I try to censor me but sometimes I miss that.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    wonderful. What i like with Mayu is that she constantly remind me why she is my favourite.

Still better than Momoiro clover singing live to be honest.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

HKT girls quite regularly talk about getting vocal lessons, this week Haruppi, Akiyoshi and Sakura mentioned it. from what they describe it sounds like it's more for breathing control more than anything else. If you look back at the Tokyo Idol Festival footage from the summer you'll see them singing live and aside from a couple of people they did very well.

However, there are reasons for lipsynching, if you've ever heard Mio sing a solo line live then you'll know what I mean. Another I remember clearly is from a Team K show fairly recently where for some reason Kobayashi Kana's mic was live while she was singing a solo line during Hashire Penguin and ouch...not good :lol:

Regarding the FNS performance there are a few things that can affect live performances which haven't really been dealt with. TV studios are not built for sound reproduction, the acoustics are generally not great. Secondly it can depend on who is doing the sound mixing, one would presume that an AKS employed sound tech would know how to blend the girls voices better than a tv companies sound tech would. Thirdly if the performers can't hear themselves sing then their performance can be seriously compromised. Thats why they use either those in-ear pieces or monitors at the front of the stage. They weren't using in ear at the FNS thing so if the monitors weren't loud enough (and I didn't see big monitors on those stages) then the girls possibly weren't able to hear themselves properly and whether they should have been singing louder or softer.

I'll put this rock music live performance up as an example of what can happen with live sound problems:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i83G084ULw[/yt] If you freeze the video at 5 seconds you'll see the monitors in front of the guitarists. If you listen to the vocals from 15 seconds to about 30 seconds you'll notice they are WAY down in the mix. If you listen to the backing vocals at 1.03 to 1.20 you'll notice that the backing vocals are way WAY too high in the mix and the lead singer even looks down at the monitors with a "WTF?" look on his face :lol:

Now if a rock band with 30 years experience can have these problems then I can understand why AKB might have them too.

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^yes, but that can't be an excuse for every time AKB sing like dying cats, like some people want it to be. However, I also don't understand why does this issue even pop up anymore, nobody (not even Akimoto) cares about the music aspect of AKB, he just needed a mean through which his idols could reach people and do their thing. Now excuse me while I go cry in my corner because I wish the girls who sing properly were thrown a bone, Wasamin's solo career is a very welcome miracle. Oh well.

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Mayu definitely has vocal lessons. Her singing is SO much better than when she first started in AKB. It's like two different people.

I know the draft members were receiving vocal lessons in their draft training (they showed them). Not sure about regular AKB members.

12. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Be realistic with your expectations.

Like many people have said, girls with real singing talent are there if you'd search for them.

Yes, it is a shame that the top girls who get all the TV appearances aren't the best singers (Yukirin excluded). But other than the few new gens in the back row, these are the girls that were voted to the top by fans. You need to look no further than Shibata Aya to know that fans can force-shove any girl into the spotlight with enough votes. If you have a problem with singing ability not being recognized enough, don't just complain as if management is obligated to make whatever change you suggest. Go around make an organized rally to support that girl in the next sousenkyo.

Besides, you have to fair and recognize that 48G talent is getting more exposure recently. AKB Show is an obvious example, but not the only one. Even in the FNS performances, you can see things like Keicchi of NMB being a total boss on the drums

13. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
  14. CP104

CP104 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Is the PV for mosh and dive out yet?

15. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Wow, that's a masterpiece of an arrangement. Song definitely ain't bad either, aside from the first verse section sounding (only slightly) out of place. I feel like in the hands of a different singer (or NMB), Mosh&Dive could be a very, very good hit song.

This single's building up to be very good. About the only thing I'm disappointed in thus far is NMB's song, ironically enough. :^^;:

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I think plenty of people on this forum care, that's why this topic keeps popping up all the time. It's just that because it's not the point of an idol group to be able to sing well, no one who has any say in anything really shows a lot of concern about that specific point. But fans always love to exult the talents of their oshimen, and that includes good live singing.

And I think a lot of us are like you (I know I am) where we like to see talent and effort get what talent and effort deserves. Wasamin is definitely not paid enough attention to, but I think a lot of that is that enka is not everybody's thing - especially not for people who are generally into pop or rock music.

Ooh, I really like Mosh & Dive. Good solid dance song :)

17. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Daaaaamn, I am certainly not disappointed! Mosh and Dive is my favourite now! Then probably Escape, Wink/Kimi Hohoemi and then NMBs song. I do like all of them though (and I doubt Tentomu's would break that :D )

18. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

So, no Christmas song this year? Oh well! Anata to Christmas Eve in S1 will do the trick.
    Will need to hear a higher quality version of Mosh&Dive to make a better judgement, but what I'm hearing now is good.

19. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    wow, mosh & dive is really good song. It becomes my favorite in this single. dunno why but the intro reminds me a bit of Oteage Lullaby.

20. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    I'm personally not a fan of dance music but mosh dive is one hell of a piece! I love the instrumental arrangement and the singing sounds great. I'm very eager to see the music video [rock]