Event / Concert 3rd AKB48 Kouhaku Taikou Utagassen (13/12/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Dec 4, 2013.

1. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  2. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Thanks! I was relieved knowing that Ikuchan sang together with Mayuyu. As I thought it was only Mayuyu who sang it. I mean, it was the first Nogizaka46 song that was performed at Kouhaku Taikou Utagassen (correct me if I'm wrong) and I felt that it should be at least performed by Nogizaka46. [whew]

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

FYI, They are the 5th group to perform there. With Dreams Come True, SMAP, Arashi, L'Arc-en-Ciel being the other ones. I have no problem with concerts in stadiums like this. Shows how big of an act they are. Yeah the view might be crappy in some spots, but that's anywhere in the world when there is an event inside a stadium.

I'm looking forward to the solo concerts on Day 1. Will be awesome seeing people like Mayuyu and Takamina performing solo in front of 57,000 people.

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, the Nissan already proved a point... I guess with the 16th million seller they want to really leave their mark or something in Tokyo too? :XD:

Oh, well, let's hope the weather doesn't betray them. Early spring can be tricky. [worried]

5. makoJi

makoJi Kenkyuusei

My reaction knowing Kojimako performing Waruki( or so called Makoki :hehe: ) was :^O^: Never in a million year I would expect that :awesome: I remembered hoping they would put Komari as the center for Uekara Mariko and here it is [hehe] My only complaint is Yuihan's unit :angry: She deserves more than that as she is well...the captain of shirogumi :hmm:

Overall,the setlist is godly,there's a lot of performances I want to see when I saw the setlist :inlove: .It would've been better if they stream it.Having to wait until January next year is just [boom]

6. archite

archite Kenkyuusei

^ C'mon, waiting till Jan ain't so bad. We had to wait till 27th March to watch the full concert last year lol. It's already a blessing in itself that they're willing to broadcast it on TV.

In any case, awesome set list this year. I was expecting Akagumi to win based on song choices alone but congrats to Shiro for winning [clap] Loads of unexpected and fresh shuffles came up this year. I hope management continues to keep up the momentum for all the upcoming concerts.

7. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I'll definitely be watching the Kouhaku, seems like it was great this year, although i can't hold my disappointment of Yui not getting more, I wouldn't have minded if she wasn't the captain of Shirogumi.
    Still, the show isn't all about one person and there are many girls who I still love, I'm just a bit upset that she didn't even get a solo or center position.

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Just got home from the concert, it was fantastic. Sat 6th row centre so nice and close to the action. There wasn't a dud song there, practically every song was good enough to be the best song at a normal concert. Almost one had a gimmick of some sort; for example for Majisuka rock n roll, there were taiko drummers, and the girls played them too. In Jellybeans the girls walked through the audience handing out candy to everyone, while in Nagisa no Cherry Yuko walked through high fiving everyone on the way to the judges box. Jurina's Heart Eleki had a band made up of famous musicians (eg the bassist was the one from Judy & Mary), Hashirie Penguin had the penguin mascot from Donkihote (where the AKB theatre is)... I could go on and on. While I'm a bit disappointed most of the teams didn't actually perform much, with teams that big I guess that's gonna happen.

Such a great show. Probably my concert of the year, and I've been to a ton this year.

Oh, and I could actually see Akimoto in the stands, the first time I've seen him in real life [hehe]

9. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

Miichan sang Tomodachi Yori Daiji na Hito.....so i guess now members could sing other artist songs in Kouhaku???

10. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    @MrWaffle, lucky you. [hehe] On to wait until January, I guess it's a good New Year's gift.

How was UZA with World Order by the way? I been loving them since I discovered them by accident a year ago. I don't know if anyone here really knows them but they're pretty great and their MV's are amazing.

Be sure to check them out if you have the time, here's their YT Channel.

[​IMG]

11. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    I knew about them a long time ago, just because Sudo Genki was the great MMA fighters and one of my favorites. I'll put him just behind Kazushi Sakuraba and Yoshihiro Akimoto..
    If you in awe with their PV, just watch his entrances when he still active in MMA, it's several times awesomer..XD

12. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I watched the concert with a friend on the movie theatre... it was amazing! The highlights for me where Mayuyu, Sakiko and Takamina (OMG I was crying of laughter), seriously, what an amazing concert. [party] I was a bit confused with Miichan's song, can anyone tell me the name of it?

13. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    It's Gouriki Ayame's song - Tomodachi Yori Daiji na Hito
    remembers at Mechaike Sports' Meet where she danced to this song and people said that she looked like Gouriki?
    That why~ :lol: But I'm still baffled that they can sang other artist's song in Kouhaku..-They should put members solo debut song and subunit song more thoo~

14. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The curtains opened with just World Order standing there, I'm a fan of their videos too so I recognised them straight away. After they did a dance bit then the AKB girls came on and they danced together. It was AMAZING. Easily the best performance of UZA I've seen, honestly. The normal dance was mixed in with a lot of the robot-y stuff World Order does, Takamina said in the MC that it was super hard to learn, but it was totally worth it.

Regarding Miichan, after her song I mentioned on twitter it's probably one of her best performances, I stand by that. I'm not a Miichan fan but I really, really enjoyed it. Felt like a real proper solo artist performance, she had a team of backup dancers with her and she was singing live if I'm not mistaken (she stopped singing during the dance at ~3:50 in the video cause the dancing was too complicated?). Loving her current hairstyle btw [hehe] the real thing (Miichan and the dancers were dressed the same as in the video)-

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6Gj0MKcew[/yt]

Probably the "weakest" performances of the night for me were Dear J and temodemo, but I still enjoyed them. I even enjoyed Sashihara's song since the managers of the groups came out and danced and sang. :rofl:

Oh, and... Yukirin in Yuuwaku no Garter... I was worried she was going to... er... fall out of that outfit... :nb:

15. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    [​IMG]

lol, the kusogaki team took over the tentoumu chu position :D I meant, it's not just KSGK from Team A, but the original kusogaki, shu, too was there :awesome: I wonder if this was on purpose :D They could've made them a real team, but too bad karen wasn't there though. Aw, glad that it was Juri centered. The pretty slow exposure starting to made its effect. I would love to see how was it played in later broadcast of SKY.

Anyway congratulations to shirogumi [party]
    Even though I am favoured to aka, but it's kind of predicted to see them win though lol. Silly guess, but team that has Yuko in has always been in the winning side :awesome:

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Why do you think they couldn't? Another rule out of that mythical "rulebook" that circulates around S48? Unless I miss my guess, Miichan's performance was probably one of the most well-received by the audience. Always fun when the girls carry a running joke into a concert setlist.

Those of you who went to the show or saw it in the Theater...how were the solos? Anybody stand out for being particularly good? (or bad?)

17. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    It's not like I thought they couldn't, It's Kohaku, which is basically music festival.. and it's Miichan singing Gouriki Ayame's song!! a total win for both sides :lol: [rock]
    It just traditionally that isn't a norm..
    although there's stories that Yukirin asking to sing Ichikawa Rika's song at the last kohaku..no answer~
    and about that "mythical rulebook', do you think they might sing some from Hello! Project next year? [think]

18. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

not a suprise to see Miichan singing another artist song but AKB Kouhaku is about the members singing 48G songs. I guess its fresh to see changes and its great to get good feedback for Miichan's performance [clap] [clap]

19. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Cross-posting in various places so I guess I should here too XD

Hello!! I went to the cinema today to watch the live stream of AKB48’s Kouhaku.
    I’m gonna share about some of my impressions. So if you don't want any spoilers till it airs on TV next month, don't read :p

Some of my highlights from the show are:

Special mentions:
    The opening act with World Order…the perf of the senbatsu with them doing UZA. It was sooo sooo sick. What an amazing opening act. The 48girls actually did a really good job performing with World Order. Sayanee also got a frontline dance position and she was sooo soooo cool, she totally rocked it!! wahhh KAKKOII!! Amazing perf all around. [boom]

During the MC, Maachun did an impersonation of Yukirin. And it was spot on!!! OMG that girl, so epic. Maachun never disappoints. Let’s play a game. Who is she going to impersonate next?? Haha :D

And then perfs that stood out for me:
    1. Naminori Kakigoori (Shirogumi)
    (Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio, Okada Nana, Nishino Miki) - Giant and I forgot who else *shot* actually made shaved ice for the judges hahaha, and it was kinda amusing. So not really the perf, but the random things that were going on for it XD

2. Tomodachi Yori Daiji na Hito (Miichan Solo - Akagumi)
    Miichan doing Gouriki Ayame…lol I should have expected it, but she performed it really well, and it was really entertaining. She’s probably one of the MVPs for Akagumi. Everyone had a good laugh watching her, and she sang well too.

3. Futari wa Dekiteru (new song!) (Kojima Haruna x Kitagawa Kenji - Shirogumi)
    This was the definitely Shirogumi’s MVP and also best performance of the night!! Not even kidding. It kinda sounded like an olddd song but the lyrics was all kinds of hilarious. I was laughing so much!!! I really enjoyed this!! Hahah. I want it performed again omg!! And part of the lyrics had Kojiharu singing “Kitagawaa” and Kenji singing “Harunaaa”. I don’t really have words to explain this…it was just so good hahah. I can’t wait for everyone to see this tbh. [party] :awesome:

4. Yuuwaku no Garter (Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Miyuki, Suda Akari - Akagumi)
    Well tbh, I was pretty much drawn by only Milky. Man her fishing abilities was on full power. She was fantastic in it XD

5. Ue kara Mariko (Center: Nakamura Mariko - Shirogumi)
    (Nakamura Mariko, Ichikawa Miori, Furukawa Airi, Kotani Riho, Anai Chihiro, Yamauchi Suzuran, Umemoto Madoka, Kikuchi Ayaka, Yamada Nana, Sato Sumire, Muto Tomu)
    Whyy I should have seen this coming but I didn’t!! lol. This gets a mention cause it was really smart hahaha.

6. Yoyaku Shita Christmas (Matsui Sakiko, Azuma Rion, Takeuchi Miyu - Akagumi)
    (3 piano performance)
    I was really surprised to see an instrumental performance, but it was really nice cause it displayed something different about the 48girls. Kinda a breath of fresh air haha.

7. Mushi no Ballad (Kuramochi Asuka - Shirogumi)
    Kyaaaa I can’t believe Mocchi performed this!!! She sang pretty well. I thought vocal wise, she gave it justice!!
    However, she could have emoted better, but it was still a decent effort. <3

8. Kimi no Na wa Kibou (Watanabe Mayu with piano: Nogizaka46’s Ikuta Erika - Akagumi)
    Ahhh Mayuyu’s and Ikuta’s voices actually blended in really well. And Mayu really did a good job for Akagumi. It was one of Aka’s MVP performance of the night, so Mayuyu really can be proud of herself. She sang well, full with emotions and I was really impressed actually. Haha.

9. 12/31 (Yamamoto Sayaka ~acoustic - Shirogumi)
    Sayanee’s rendition of NMB’s 12月31日was beautiful!! She performed on her acoustic guitar, and as she sang, they showed NMB footage in the background. It was a tribute to NMB upon their success in making Kouhaku this year, and she really sang it with all her heart. It was a really beautiful, heartwarming performance. Really proud of her *_* I kinda expected her to do something more interesting, but since it’s a tribute to NMB, it was very meaningful to all of NMB as well as fans so job well done bb. Shirogumi’s 2nd best performance of the night. :inlove: <3 <3

10. Mujineki (Matsui Rena - Shirogumi)
    Who was the genius who thought of this?? The traditional looking Rena…of course this song would fit her perfectly!!! Man she was great!! And she sang pretty good too, and she looked so stunning. A very pretty performance. [angel]

11. Nagisa no Cherry (Oshima Yuko, with Fuuko, Yuria, and Sahho as backdancers - Shirogumi)
    Yuko’s rendition of an AKB classic. Lol she got young close-to-17-year-old girls to dance with her, but they were telling her, “Yuko you’re not 17 anymore.” haha but Yuko is really good with the youthful songs!! Her energy, and how she playfully went and hi-touched some of the audience and then went to the judges’ table and made faces/entertained them, this girl definitely has some really sharp performing chops haha. Great way to end the Kouhaku Taikai! :awesome:

And yeahh that’s my thoughts on it!! Overall, it was really one-sided with Shirogumi owning it all (mostly). But Aka had some good perfs too. My one complaint is that well there were too many solos. It felt like everyone was doing their own thing, and it didn’t feel like a group effort. I would have preferred to see more units. Nevertheless, it was still entertaining, and I guess my 2400 yen for my movie ticket was worth it. It was quite exciting watching it in a cinema with other fans who were mostly NMB-biased (cause I was in Namba) but yeahh haha.

20. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    I'm so happy that they dig up OJS48's Shinkokyuu which has been buried under the ground for sooooooooooooo long. Really love it. After all AKB Kouhaku should be a fun event to conclude the year. Winning or losing doesn't mean a lot to me. :inlove: