1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ken

ken Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    the girls doing their best but the audio system failed them. I fell sorry for them. It's not easy doing the concert and have to sing more than 60 songs in just one night. Damn!!! what kind of stamina they have :awesome:

2. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    Last night's concert were awesomazing! I regret the fact that I only watched the second show, especially since the first has Tenshi no Shippo and Shoujotachi Yo. However, I can say I had a blast from just the second show :XD: I would repeat that concert if I can turn back the time.

Overall, the member's performance for this concert is pretty impressive. I can see that they have done their best for the entire show, even though there is still a few mistakes by some members. Also, I'm impressed at how they could maintain their strength after performing 31 songs at the first show. This is something I couldn't do without proper training.

The choice of the songs were also great. I really enjoyed all of their songs, with my favorite being NEW SHIP. Honestly, it's like a dream came true, for I once stated that I wanted to see JKT's version of this song. And last night, I came to tears when they mentioned "Kapal Baru" :lol:

Too bad they didn't have a surprising announcement at the end. Melody's announcement as JKT48 captain surely made me happy, but I kinda expected Jiro to appear from the backstage and announce something bigger. Well, it didn't happen.

My take on this: it is both necessary and unnecessary. It is necessary to officially confirm her as the group leader, while unnecessary since most members - if not all - already respected her to the point of a 'leader'.

Simply put, it's just making 'official the unofficial'. She is granted the de jure title while already holding the de facto position.

I don't know whether it will significantly affect JKT48 since it doesn't really makes it different from the state it had been. But personally for me, this is a kind of whip to support Melody more :)

That is all.

3. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    ^^^
    I agree with you on the necessary / unnecessary angle... because only someone completely foolish would think of Melody as only a center, rather than as the individual JKT48 has kind of been crafted around, to a certain degree.
    And Melody's even temper and professionalism, she's talented and overall a great representative for the group as a whole.

However, why the title ruffles my feathers... it's a personal one; in that I like the idea of the center and the captain (especially a captain like Kinal, who has been the representative captain for the entire group in someways already) as equals.
    I just like the balance of that = Acchan and Takamina, though Melo and Kinal don't seem to share that kind of closeness. It just made me feel better as a fan that JOT were following the right protocol in how they treated leadership and captaincy - well, traditions. (The same personal reason I prefer it when Team KIII is called exactly that, and not "Team K".)

In real-world terms, I don't think anything will happen... except maybe they're going to have to explain it to a confused Dedy Corbuzier the next time they're on his show.

The dynamics shouldn't change since Kinal and Melody have shown to be interchangeable in same ways when leading the team-chant, or talking to and on behalf of the group as a front figure.

So, Melody given the title "JKT48 Captain" is completely unnecessary an action, but at the same way, it's neither an injustice since Melody's importance has always been implied.

................................. I think they just pulled this out of the hat because they had no real surprises other than COWCOW.

4. yonda

yonda Kenkyuusei

i just want to say that everyone has knew about melody become captain although official didn't announce it actually, since melody always lead the mc like takamina do in AKB,
    maybe the reason also because the 3rd gen will joining soon ?
    i also think they annouce it because didn't have other big info to announce.

btw about concert, i only can attend show 2 and i think it really amazing especially when stella doing solo and duet with gon.(also don't expect they will perform laydown, haha)
    member also has doing her best for the show and i appreciate them for that.
    [party] [party]

the queue line is kinda suck actually although i have buy vip ticket.

5. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    totally agree about the queuing line...it's horrible..
    very different from the Tennis Indoor concert where you can easily pass the gate without having to face a very long and crowded line like that...
    and i'm surprised they performed lay down too.. :D but it was a good one to rise the mood..also Sonya's performance on Junjou Shugi,damn can she be more hotter than that?? :nb:

6. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    sorry if anyone feel offended, it is not that I dislike melody or such. I really understand her position in JKT and I really respect her. what I stated before is the necessity of JKT having a 'title' of 'group captain'. whoever the group captain is, I will ask the same question. but I think I will save this question till I see what kind of duty that a 'group captain' will have. once again, sorry

this is actually that makes me confused. this group captain title, is it just make official the unofficial like you said, or she will have more other duty besides her leading in MC, public speaking, leading role, etc. Like, I don't know, perhaps she will be included if JOT had a meetings with aki-p? like soukantoku takamina?

7. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    the only explanation i found about GROUP CAPTAIN is:
    from wiki48

and so far,only AKB (Takahashi Minami), SKE (Nakanishi Yuka) and JKT (Melody Nurramdhani Laksani) that have a group captain

8. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    Logically, as a group captain, she will have more responsibility besides taking the speaking/leading role. But since I don't really get the idea of how these teams work, I can only speculate that she would be the connecting link of the current 2 teams (team J and KIII) and the management. Beyond that, I can't really think of anything else (though I like the idea of how she will be included when doing staff meeting with Aki-P :XD: Maybe one day Aki-P will give an original song through her)

How things will unfold after her appointment will be known later. I just hope that she could do whatever tasks given to her so that the title is not going to be all but a formality.

9. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    One of the other major reasons I don't like Melody as a "group captain"... it's too soon. In the perfect world, Melody would have received some form of title while down the road (1-3 years from now), maybe she would have even received Team T/TII's captaincy (like with Matsui Rena did with Team E). Or she would receive a general or theater manager role even, like Sashihara Rino.

(As someone mentioned before, it almost seems like they're trying to curb her from graduating... like how with Mariko-sama when they gave her captaincy during the 2nd shuffle. Because right now, it seems to serve more as a title and honor than as something practical.)

Kinal and Naomi are really already the link between their teams and management... so, I guess it makes most logical sense that it now means both captains and Melody make up a core leader unit, just now it's official... since before it was blatant that Melody already had powers and responsibilities equal to a captain, more so.

Also, another reason why I'm frustrated... think about each "gift" Kinal and Melody received on JKT48 Missions: Kinal was given a graduation present where the members performed at her high school... Melody was given an episode when she traveled alone and then became Okayama's fruit ambassador. How different these two dedicated episodes is very telling, because I see a lot of references to Takamina when referring to Melody right now............. Melody is a center though, that changes quite a lot. That means a lot more individual focus.

I liked things how they were before, it's more straightforward, though... yeah, sometimes it seems like AKS want to give out titles like they're candy, however, there is usually a kind of natural progression to these titles.
    Takahashi Minami is a former Team A captain, who ended up becoming a general captain (I'm not sure if this was an official title, but she just was), now general manager.

Sashihara Rino, Team A member, transferred to HKT48 and eventually became a HKT48 theater manager, before this she was already charged with producing idol festivals, also she's one of the senior members in terms of age, this to an all together very young group.

Nakanishi Yuka, transferred from AKB48 to SKE48's 1st generation and became one of the core members, the foundation of what SKE48's success has been. (Though underrated and not a kami member). She supported Hirata Rikako, the former Team S captain, who's position was left empty after she graduated... Nakanishi officially became the Team S captain and group captain during SKE48's first shuffle.

Out of those... Melody seems the most like Sashihara, maybe? Just maybe not now, maybe 2-3 years from now.
    It just doesn't seem necessary right now to have a "group captain".
    Also, I don't like how confusing it seems now for Kinal and Naomi, even though nothing ultimately has changed, JOT just made it seem more confusing for no real reason.
    *End Rant*

10. kurogami

kurogami Kenkyuusei

I agree with kurisu , I think it's too early for JKT to have group captain , it's not I don't like melody it just the timing that they announced it is not right, when I see melody I just see her being JKT's ace , center and onechan for members , if it 1 or 2 years later then its okay

11. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    I couldn't agree more about the timing. I also find it rather "hasty" rather than carefully planned, to the point that Kurisu stated: JOT just pulled it out of the hat all of a sudden. I was kinda expecting some promotion of the trainee members since it is more rational (and vital) thing to do after losing Stella-Sonya-Diasta, but well, they didn't do it; and so the trainees had to wait again until they got their position within the teams.

There is also another thing that concerns me. I have been wondering for some time now whether the announcements came from Akimoto-sensei or JOT simply crafted things up. In that sense, I also began to wonder about the big boss' role in JKT48. Did he have any say in whatever thing JKT48 had released up until now, or everything is in the hands of Jakarta's management?

A little bit confused here.

Anyway, no news about the 3rd generation auditions? It's been a while now. They should've finished sorting the applicants at the very least... [think]

12. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

melody is JKT ;)
    her image as JKT icon is just tooo stroong that you can not imagine what will JKT be without her.
    on a more specific point of view, JKT icons are; Melody, VEranda, and Haruka. JOT better not try to mess with these 3 girls if they still want to exist :) . for a spokeperson, VEranda suit the most (much better than Melody).

13. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    That's a running joke among some people I know, that the members get better looking when they graduate.

14. NSANDERS

NSANDERS Kenkyuusei

i try to be positive,, maybe in the near future JKT will included more with JPN48 activities.
    and i couldnt think better candidates than the face of the group as the link,,
    once again,, *maybe*

15. kurogami

kurogami Kenkyuusei

Yes JKT48's icon is melody but in my opinion the image of melody is just being JKT's ace/icon ,but we will see what will happen from now on
    I am not team kIII's hater or naomi's hater but I think naomi too must learn more to be better captain , in last Hitam Putih that team KIII staring at it I couldn't feel the presence of captain from naomi

Sorry for bad english

16. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well the official title is captain but i think her role, for now, is the 'mother' for JKT48 members

And to be honest i feel bad, became center, face and now captain, will gain more haters for her :hmm:

On another note, do you think JKT will release an album next year? and God Aki-p where's JKT original single??? :XD:

17. mikamika

mikamika Kenkyuusei

you are too biased with Veranda, Her public persona doesn't quite a match for such a role.

18. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    i agree... we don't know how she really is inside...but from public eyes and fans, i just can't feel her presence of her as a captain....

and about melody being the general captain...personally i 100% agree with the decision,reasons are all the members look up to her,respect her...even haruka seems to be "scared" of her in a good way....but being an ace,face,and general captain at the same time is just not right from my perspective...

i say keep the title..but find another ace....

19. supaisu

supaisu Kenkyuusei

Hello all, it's been a while~

First of all, congrats melody for your captaincy! [party]

JKT has 2 faces, Melody and Nabilah. While Melody is JOT's choice, Nabilah is more like people's choice. Haruka (and Akicha) has been an "unique" factor from JKT. But yeah, it seems like JOT want to push Ve for some kind of role.

I don't know, but it feels like JOT afraid of losing Melody right now with this graduation announcement (and I believe much more will be coming). Melody's presence in JKT is important, she is JKT just like what mc_shithead wrote above. She is (with Nabilah) represent JKT to the general people, and people most likely answer "Melody/Nabilah" when they asked about JKT members.

20. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    sorry for the oot...but just to give you guys a heads up...
    if you are planning to buy the stage DVDs,i suggest you wait a little longer...according to Red and some others, the DVD's quality is not decent enough...with problems like you can't play it in some dvd players...
    here's the complete article on Stuff http://wp.me/p2LVT9-21t