Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

^Thank you for that.

I can't believe it... :blink: :blink:

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You can tell that a bunch of them are trying not to cry... :cry:

I mean for all the haters out there, though, this interview should clear things up as she mentions she even cleared it with the kouhaku event managers. So its clearly not her problem that she decided to announce it then.

But listening to this interview, I can definitely see why she chose this year to graduate. SKE and NMB are so strong individually now, and next year HKT is definitely going to be invited to Kouhaku (especially since all the Sister48 groups basically dominated Oricon this year). Plus the future gens look so strong (like the ksgk hehe) so now is as good a time as any for her to leave.

That doesn't stop me from being really sad about it though :cry: I can hope, though, that this means that the Atsuyuu OTP will continue! <3 They can finally start competing for reals again!!

3. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    It's just near the end of the year, and another AKB member has just announced her graduation just before the New Year started, in which it is Yuko Oshima, one of AKB's aces. :(

Despite being such a popular member and that the graduation announcement was slightly unexpected at the 64th Kohaku Uta Gassen, Yuko's graduation announcement didn't shock or surprise me as much as Acchan's graduation announcement because she's currently 25 and that she has achieved so much in the past 7 years (being the center of many performances and two Senbatsu elections) that it now may be time for her to move on her own. She was another AKB member that I have seem to have predicted her graduation, in which I predicted she would announce it between late 2013 to early 2014 and would actually graduate sometime in 2014.

I am, however, slightly worried about her graduation because she's currently Captain of Team K, similar to Mariko's graduation when it left me wondering who will be Team A's next leader at the time. [sweat] The best case scenario might be that she announces the next Team K Captain in a concert or theater performance just before her graduation date, similar to Mariko Shinoda when she graduated. The worst case scenario is that it is left for management to decide the next Captain, which could take a while even after Yuko graduates, in which it leaves Team K leaderless, similar to Hirata Rikako's graduation from SKE48.

The news of Yuko's graduation has still made me very sad since she is one of my Kami-Oshi and has been one of my favorite members since I started entering the AKB fandom. :cry: :cry: [brokenheart] [brokenheart]

However, I am also glad that Yuko decided to announce her graduation on Kohaku uta Gassen, one of Japan's biggest events of the year. She was even kind enough to perform Heavy Rotation during AKB's performance to have her announcement and their performance go out with a bang. [party]

Although her graduation date and details are still undecided, I would like to wish Yuko good luck to her graduating from AKB soon. Hopefully, I hope she will make it to perform at the National Olympic Stadium concert and sooner or later have a impressive graduation performance at the same level as Tomochin's or Acchan's. Ganbatte Yuko! :D

(P.S.: Despite this news, Happy New Year to everyone on Stage48! [party] )

4. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Yuko :( hope you have much success in your projects :) and get your dreams. :inlove:

5. Jacktamaki

Jacktamaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hiratarina
    I just recently heard the news, and I'm not sure how to take it...

6. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Aww Yuko :( I had started to really love her too. I kinda alkready knew she was nearing to graduating but I didn't know when.
    Yuko, you will always be loved, but i still hope you stay in Not Yet :)
    Good Luck for your future Yuko!

7. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    A friend of mine messaged me this morning with the news and I had to come here right away to get the details.

I don't know how I'm feeling about hearing the news, as Yuuko's my favorite member. Thanks to the power of the interwebs, I was able to view the announcement. Leave it to her to not have told anyone before hand and to just announce it so casually.

I think Team K's going to be OK. They've got a number of girls who I think are doing fine, and I think some of the others will be able to step up.

I do wish her the best with her acting career going forward. Thanks for everything, Yuuko!

8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know I expected Yuko to announce her graduation somewhere in 2014 but the fact that she did now at Kouhaku and just before new year it's just so surprising and shocking... I need time to realize and accept it... of course I know there are good sides about this and I know she did all she could do in AKB and she has to move on but for now I can't think much of the positive sides since I'm just sad, I read about it like a hour ago so yeah :'(

I mean for me AKB had 3 big pillars (not saying other members aren't important, but I think they're just the 3 who are another level) and they're Takamina, Yuko and Acchan. Acchan leaving was the end of an era in AKB and now Yuko leaving is the end of another era in AKB, and it just hurts as AKB fan, and especially as Yuko fan. She's one of the 2 members who first made me interested in AKB and made me want to be their fan, even if I didn't expect to become their fan, but she was able to make me interested just from her awesome personnality and her beautiful smile. Later I got to know more about her and how amazing she is. She's loved by so many people and deserve it totally. I can't help but think of all her fans who are devastated now (me included). I hope all of us can cherish her last moments in AKB. I can't help but cry when seeing the video of announcement even if she seems happy the whole time, it's like she has no regrets, it's great, as expected of her. I'm glad that I got to know her, love her and support her since 3+ years. Now she can move on to achieve bigger things and her dream to be actress, let's support her.

I'm happy she got messages from Acchan, Tomochin, Sae, Sayaka (etc?). Team K trio! and also Atsuyuu, my most favorite friendship/rivalry ever in AKB, it makes me happy to see some Atsuyuu.

Last I just want to say, congrats Yuko for your graduation and thanks for everything! <3

9. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just heard the news, :( this did not hit me as hard as when it was Acchan (because Acchan was my first Kami-Oshi and she was the 1st of the ultimate kamis to graduate), i saw this coming but the timing and the way Yuko announced it is really surprising, even though i expected this, this still hurts so much, i'm gonna miss her so much in AKB, her presence is huge in AKB afterall, slowly, 1 more of my Kami-7 girls is graduating, and i didn't get over Amina's grad yet, this is gonna be a sad New Years

I think Akb's gonna be fine, afterall, AKB is still standing after all the Acchan, Tomochin, Sayaka, Mariko, Chiyuu, etc grads, and i'm sure management and Aki-p will figure something out to do with Team K, i learned to never underestimate the management, afterall, they handled pretty much everything greatly till this point
    my last word,
    I hope u all the best, Yuko, u will forever be remembered as an Ace of AKB and the craziest AKB member ever [party]

now i can hope for Atsuyuu to compete in the acting field again, this is gonna be a new year of AKB, i can't wait
    :inlove:

10. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Thinking about it I whether management even knew she was going to do it there and then in advance.

By announcing it there she has forced the point that she wants to graduate in 2014 and is not going to stay longer than that. It feels to me like she decided to use a wide, un-related, concert to make sure that she is clear to everyone, be that members, fans and management, what she wants to do ... kind of like Sae rejecting her kenin position but even more so.

If management knew in advance then I would have thought that there would have been some sort of announcement on the AKB blog that it had happened (which could have been written in advance and then just published with a couple of clicks) ...

11. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Now I just want to see that Atsuyuu rivalry inspire both of them to relive their AKB days in acting. Can you imagine how GODLIKE that would be??? :inlove:

Well in the CDTV live she mentions discussing it with the Kouhaku management and discussing her plans, so I assume they had to have known.

12. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

"This is not surprising."
    "I'm happy to hear."

Does anyone think it's the right time to drop the bombshell on such a huge event? Even after 6 hours I'm still reeling from the aftereffects, and I hate surprises. :angry:

13. Explorerdk

Explorerdk Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    That's not the same as 48 Group Management though :) They are 2 seperate things :)

@soul.assassin - I think she has earned the right 100 times over, to do that, much like Acchan did at Saitama Venue live, of course this event is bigger and isnt the New Year Eve celebration usually to end WIth and Big Bang? :p Just an much bigger bang than expected for 48G Fans :)

Still we as fans, owe it to Yuko, to support her decission and wish her well for her new patch of choosing imho :)

- Expdk

14. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    This is my first post here. Although I've been reading this forum for a while, I like to do it quietly. But this time... I just can't. I'm really heartbroken. Yuko and Team K are the reason why I got into AKB. I admire, respect and love her like she was one of me closest friends (yeah, this sounds wired but it's true). She's talented, hard worker, charismatic and, more importantly, humble. And that's why I think she's so popular.

Somehow I'm happy that she finally made her choice. Although, as a fan, I didn't want to see her go, I'm also relieved. As a normal person, Yuko has her own dreams, she always made it clear. And I belive she has the capacity to be huge not as a idol, but as a professional actress. Just like Aachan, she'll have the support of those who followed her during their AKB days. She can't be attached to her idol self anyomore. She now have to grow all by herself.

After Sayaka's graduation I really though that Yuko looked... just neutral. A little melancholic, imo. She wasn't shining as she used to. For her own sake, this was the best decision to make.

Can't help feeling sad, though. In few hours I'll celebrate the New Year and I'm here worried when she'll held the ceremony lol. I really want a pretty damn huge and impressive send off. And I deeply wished that we could vote for her on another sousenkyou, electing her for the 3rd time. This would be awsome. But I doubt that this is going to happen. Even if she graduates after the National Olympic Stadium concert day, she won't participate in the Sousenkyou. Too bad. I really wanted to see her at that podium one last time.

Also, I'm really worried about Team K. I've been worried since the shuffle. I don't think Yuko should carry the burden of beeing the solo representative in the senbatsu. I see so many grat girls in that team, but the managament doesn't seem to think like me. I think it's to soon for another shuffle, but I don't want to see Team K falling apart. They're losing so many important members in such a short time... Tomochin, Sayaka, Amina, Yuko... I hope that Yuko's graduation makes the management realize that they should emphasize more in Team K. Value their members. I think they have real potential, they just don't have as many promotion as the other team members.

Also... Team K was just about to get a new stage. Oh damn...

That's it.
    I know this isn't the best day to us (dammit Yuko, couldn't you announce it a little bit sooner or later? that was low lol)... but Happy New Year to yall!

PS: Kawaei was so lost during Yuko's annoucement. It was so cute to watch her clueles expression lol

15. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I'm sad because I was so excited to potentially see her in the new team k stage.
    I agree with everyone about the worries of team K [sweat]

16. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I was shocked to hear that Yuko announced her graduation before the New Years! I'm really gonna miss her and there going to be no more oshiri sister. :cry: I wonder who's going to center heavy rotation now? [wonder]
    TBH I really thought Nyannyan was going to announce her graduation before Yuko.

17. GTR

GTR Kenkyuusei

Not exactly sure what to feel. Since I think Yuko already achieved everything she was able to in AKB48. She won senbatsu elections, center songs. Yuko is smart as well and coming in 2nd place in Mechaike, and #1 in Sports Mechaike even at her age, and Yuko is a really funny person too. Yuko is definitely an Ace of AKB48. I don't think anyone will forget that. Yuko is a member that is liked by members and fans.

I think the only thing Yuko is after now is to become an actress. I guess it's not required to be in AKB48 to become an actress. So I guess if she feels that it's the time to graduate from AKB48, then I guess I'll accept that.

To feel sad that she's graduating and leaving AKB48, or to be glad that now she can chase her dream, or I guess that's up to the person to decide.

18. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

So many thoughts in my head but I don't want to focus on any of them.

What the hell is Sae going to do? Sayaka and Yuko are both gone, I wonder if she will still keep fighting in Shanghai despite her comrades leaving AKB... Same goes for the other 2nd gens too. They really don't have any room for growth in AKB at all (Kobayashi Kana got her theater attendance record already), so I've always felt that Yuko's presence kind of "justified" the other 2nd gen staying in, as they were there to support each other. Now that Yuko's gone - this sounds weird - I think it's a good timing for the other 2nd gens to graduate with her. It's better this way than for them to stay in longer.

19. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    Great link there, thanks!

That is the right thing to do to follow her, I am seeing so many saying 'she was the only reason i stayed on with AKB48' and the old 'I never liked her blahblahblah' oh my word the hate out there especially on facebook and some blogs right now. You have the right idea, that and all good things must come to an end, but there is a new beginning, we now get to see full time actress Yuko :D that goofy smile aint disappearing! :lol: but when they sung Heavy Rotation and Takamina's voice stammering that made me tear up, she cries so easily its amazing she didn't just fall over crying. :cry:

Also dude if your wanting to get to know another oshi who owns a rabbit get to know Katayama Haruka my kamioshi, her rabbit Miru-kun is awesome!

20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I really haven't watched Yuko's grad announcement but I don't know I don't feel any pain of the news of her grad announcement. I guess thanks to numerous graduation announcement and theater/concert grad ceremony, I feel like this is the norm now. cause unlike Acchan's grad. it was the first time a big name in AKB will grad. I guess it haven't sink down to me yet but goodluck to Yuko and her future endeavors.

and what a way to announce AKB grad but on Kouhaku [hehe] very flashy grad announcement.
    like I said before that's the AKB Ace Queen Oshima Yuko [clap]
    but right now I really hate a new gen fan on this forum saying some Old Gen fans are pestering the current AKB. maybe she should look twice at her new gen fandom and see what's wrong with most of the new gen.