Album [ALBUM] AKB48 5th Album [Tsugi no Ashiato] 14/01/22

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 24, 2013.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Maybe because there really isn't much incentive on releasing singles unless they have pictures, cards, extra DVD and what not that people would be really attracted to get. People would usually go after the album since the new releases will be there + some new songs.

2. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Haha, the Chinese albums has multiple versions too, in fact more ridiculous....

Eg: first release a version with 10 songs, with preorder version of different gifts in different versions, so there could be 3 versions before release date. then 1 month later, when the album was already out, release another version maybe with additional DVD footage or extra songs. Worse is after another or 2 months, there could be another new version of the mvs or concert added in.... In the end, there could be like 7 or more versions in total, and if you are a hard core fan, buying every version once it's release, that is what I call a wallet rape!

I always hate this, because you can't even choose which one you want before release date, some of the good stuff are added months after. Or if you want the preorder goods months later after all versions are out, the earlier versions are already sold out.... [boom]

At least with AKB48, we can see which versions there are and choose wisely. Actually a lot of Jpop artists do release multiple versions for singles, Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, T.M.Revolution, Nana Mizuki, Momoiro Clover, Morning Musume, Johnny's groups...and many more... I still remember years back when Ayumi Hamasaki release 7 versions of her [A] single, containing the EXACT same sings, it's only in different colors, but I still wanna collect all. :tongue: I'm still short of 3 colors, there are so rare to get.

3. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    So does anybody now, the covers of the bonus posters? Like 1830m different members for different shops?

4. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I wonder what would happen if the system where all versions are put together in one counting of sales would disappear and every record have their own sales? Maybe this stupidity also would disappear. :D

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Really? Haven't you?

Lady Gaga's The Fame and a couple of months later, The Fame Monster.
    Ellie Goulding's Lights and then Bright Lighs. And lately Halcyon and Halcyon Days.
    And Nicki Minaj with Pink Friday, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded and Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up (what?!) is even ridiculous.

If anything, Japanese (or asian, for that matter) are more honest in that aspect causr they release everything at the same time.

6. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    The Fame & Fame Monster are different albums though, with completely different tracklists so that's a bad example.. Western market brands it as "repackaging" rather than different types of the same album I think? Like when they release a new single they want to use it to boost the sales of the previous album so they repackage instead of a brand new album.

I think almost every market has been getting creative with this stuff in the era of digital singles though, it's kind of inevitable.

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Trinu .Just what I mean, if you want to have all songs of an AKB single you had to buy 3 or 4 discs with a lot of duplicates. I don't call it honestly, it's just for getting more money from the fans. You know what the word "single" means? ;)

8. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    This is what the Limited Type A Version looks like

[​IMG]

From King Record's Yuasa Junji g+

9. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nice, looks like for the albums, they are using the long package, just as the previous 3. Albums(excluding the 2 best albums)

10. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
    CMIIW, most of the western releases involve a "deluxe edition" of the album, usually adding 3-5 more tracks and having a slightly different album cover. But still, compared to most of the eastern artists (such as AKB48, SNSD, etc), western artists release far less amount of CDs (usually 1 or 2) in a year.

11. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    In 1 week goes on sale!

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And all we've got is the preview of the Tentoumu Chu in a CM... that tells a lot about where the sales actually come from. :XD:

13. 3Liger2000

3Liger2000 Kenkyuusei

14. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Actually theres a leak of the entire album (A Type). I haven't listened to it myself though.

15. calvinize

calvinize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    calvinized
  16. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

LoL this shower song is really SND48-like, their voice is so erotic!!

But does Harunyan really sing in this ? I can't even hear her voice. This will be better as a Rena solo, :awesome:

17. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'm liking the song already. Harunyan does sing but I guess she got overshadowed by Rena.

18. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Wow, in the history of AKB I don't think I've ever listened to a preview that so instantly and thoroughly repelled me. :^^;: What a waste of Yukirin's voice! I'm sure there's a fanbase that will love this weird softcore anime-theme vibe but I'm definitely not in it.

19. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I can definitely hear Kojiharu but that's 'cause I'm a Kojiharu oshi. :D :inlove:

20. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I'm listening Tsugi no Ashiato's type A ♥ I really love Team A's song and "10 Krone to Pan" (without Reina this unit would be my favourite... TT).

I don't like the "sexy" song of Rena, Kojiharu and Yukirin...

I hope tomorrow I can listen Type B ^_^