Jo Eriko (Jo) / 4.5th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    It is a little awkward but yeah I think that was the point. They could of easily put her in N or BII but they went right for the choice they knew would raise the most hackles. If only I had a penny for Yagura's thoughts at that moment. :XD:

It'll be quite interesting indeed to see how they play this out. Just ready to see Jo in senbatsu again. <3

2. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i don't really care those people say about Jo'situation, i'm just happy girl is back where she belongs, now airdrop her to be NMB 9th single center :cute: :cute: [rock]

3. Anggielin

Anggielin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    Jo come back to Team M it is management decision not hers,I just wish Jo the best of luck and more shining in new Team M, and will JoChan and FuuChan play a Double Center role I wonder.....hopefully

4. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Congratulations to Jo on not only getting promoted but also returning back to Team M! Now that must be a record for fastest promotion :) I'm sure she'll settle in with her old teammates real quickly. Can't wait for her to shine brighter.

Now, wasn't that one CRAZY shuffle?! Miyuki going to BII and concurrency with S. Melon permanently moves to M. Umechan also moves and becomes vice-captain of BII. Murashige's and Yukirin's concurrency to N, etc. I think I'm gonna get a headache. :yikes:

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It seems Jo rejected her promotion and is back to being a KKS.

:blink:

The only explanaiton I can see here is that she thought it was too quick for her to be promoted, like she's taking a shortcut. And also, maybe going back to M could have meant that she had to push Fuuchan aside and she didn't want that kind of confrontation? [worried]

6. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

I think that's exactly what's on her mind. I was happy for her promotion, but in the bigger scheme of things I think it was for the best that she declined it. After having been given a special audition to rejoin the group, and now so quickly promoted, it would just cause unnecessary tension and awkwardness, maybe even jealousy, within both Team M and KKS members. She wants to work hard and earn it fairly, not just accept a gift because she's favored by management. Rejecting a promotion is not a trifle thing, as that's the dream of a KKS, but Jo was wise enough to decide to do so. Much respect for this girl.

7. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno
    iirc i think @AKB48wrapup twit something about it that jo find it unfair she was promoted while other kks who already there longer than her warent,so i guess she wont accepted any promotion until all other kkg got promoted..
    too bad.. :D

8. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    I'm quite proud of Jo for her decision. Not only was she promoted so quickly but also to her original team, and this probably caused a lot of friction and she probably didn't want to confront this. Jo has matured a lot it seems :)

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Sigh, when I read observations that she looked guilty at being promoted so soon I had a fleeting thought that Jo would decline but was hoping it wouldn't amount to more than that. :(

On the one hand, it really speaks to her character that she felt she had no right to be promoted before other girls who had been KKS longer. Despite technically already being ahead of them in experience, she truly feels she should start from zero again and receive no special treatment. Also, pretty sure she knew as well as the rest of us that her promotion to M meant she would be fighting Yagura for a spot the latter admittedly has already earned. Mad respect. Love just went up for this girl tenfold.

On the other hand, I personally felt this whole thing of having her as a KKS was kind of BS much the same way I felt about Miichan's "demotion" and Lovetan going to HKT as a KKS. I just find the thought of having an experienced girl grouped with a bunch of juniors as if she were a spring chicken a bit ridiculous. I get why they do it, but that kind of thing doesn't make me feel less butthurt over a member returning out of nowhere or technically not getting punished. I just find it silly because everyone knows she'll get promoted and return to much the same place as before or even in a better position.

So yeah, I was hoping Jo would get a quick promotion to end the little charade but well. :fp: Guess the question is now, who do they promote in her place?

10. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    ^ I think at this point, it's not a question of if she gets promoted but when she will get promoted.

It's not like management would want to give up her push all of a sudden. We'll probably see her more and more and now as the main KKS representative since Nagisa and Chihiro got promoted so overall it's better for her that way.

Someone mentioned that she would have competed with Fuuko and Mirurun for center if she stayed in Team M. Personally it would have been fun but hey she can just take advantage being a KKS now. She'll definitely shine down there.

11. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    That'd be a more valid point if the KKS were made up entirely of fourth gen members, but there are still four second gen members who came in with Jo originally. There are also two third gen members who have since gained longer tenure within NMB than Jo.

Besides the fact she's been promoted before and management wants her as an ace, there's really little reason to believe she'd be more suited for promotion than someone like Hirorin for example, who is at the theater every night performing under for someone at every show for every team. She doesn't deserve a promotion over Jo who hadn't done anything for a year? Why?

I wasn't upset at her being promoted it being against her own personal wishes. I just think besides favoritism, I'm not seeing as many reasons Jo should've been such a lock, especially considering her own wishes.

12. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

I could be disappointed at Jou's refusal, but after reading her deleted comments, I think this was certainly for the best. As a few others have said, it proves that she's matured - rather than going along with the transfer and then possibly leaving if/when the pressure becomes too much, she's decided to stand up for what she thinks is the correct path she should currently be taking. I'd absolutely love to see her back in Team M and in senbatsu just because of my bias, but at the same time, I feel like I can't be upset about this since it's what she wants.

Coincidentally, Joooooooooe mentioned in the main NMB thread that he can't help thinking AKB's main management is behind these decisions, and I do agree with him on that. As far as I know, Aki-P has always shown a ton of bias towards Jou, and trying to promote her so quickly over other girls who arguably deserve promotion just as much sounds just like something he'd want to do. Either way I'm glad that she stood up for herself and made what she thought was the best choice. It's much better than graduation, at the very least, and hopefully she will be promoted "for real" someday. <3

13. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    even though i was really happy Jo got promoted and would like for her to be a full member, i understand her decision and will continue to support her no matter what, also, what do you know, she might shine even more being a KKS, afterall, being a KKS these days might even get you more fans than being a full member (the case of MeruMio, the 3 musketeers, etc) :)

14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

15. Anggielin

Anggielin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    Yeah I m agree with Jo decision staying for a while as KKS just like kk127 said
    Now I wonder how long management will keep Jo just doing nothing, I mean nowadays Jo activities as KKS just perform at Theater right,if we compare with the old days eventhough Jo just KKS she already featured in some MV, ie: OMG, but CMIIW guys

16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I don't think they want to make the same mistake they did the last time in pushing her too hard. She doesn't seem like she wants it and is happy to be a KKS as of now. Management can take their time with her. She's only just graduated from middle school so she can focus on her activities now that she's done with mandatory education.

17. Anggielin

Anggielin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    I hope its true the main reason to postponing all promotion for Jo is because management letting her to concentrate to finish her mandatory education, then after that Management can start to push Jo.

Actually I m kinda worried with Jo after she rejected her promotion eventhough its the best choice for her at that moment, hopefully from now on we can see many kind of promotion for Jo, finger cross :) :) :)

18. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I guess she's still a popular name among the group so management will still find a way to push her. I'm not sure if there's any big name KKS right now so she's definitely gonna stick out.

Of course her fans would worry about her not getting anything to do. No Geinin, TV show or whatever. Maybe she'll be part of Shirogumi/Akagumi/Teppoutai next single.

19. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    [​IMG]

I'm really hoping Jo becomes the chosen one and bridges the new generation with the old generation.

20. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

if the video does not show watch the video here

This Anchu/Jo chemistry is so amusing. I wish they were on the same team, but that's unlikely since Jo doesn't want to go back to M.

(Also interesting is Yuuri/Sakipi thinking they said "Ham Cheese" lol)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014