Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Actually the song not too bad, has a melody at least, could do with a bit of heavy boost about half/two thirds way through to keep the momentum going, as it seems to start to wane a bit especially with idol girls voices.

I think it would have been better as a Mayuyu alone center...she is a bit older and it suits her fine. But doesn't suite Juri at all (And I would be quite happy to have her center in a more up beat song)...and the other girl?? .....god knows....

But looking at the mix of that group....really feels like some of those older girls should move on, they are starting to look out of place with all the young ones starting to populate everything.

I give the song a tick, I can listen to it all the way through...hopefully the PV is good, and gives some of the other girls a bit of air play as well. AKB needs to regain some credibility from looking to gain a quick buck from their passing fads.

2. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

IDK why but i kinda like this song,maybe PV will make me like it more [hehe]
    outfits are nice too :)

btw why this pic remind me of Manatsu no Sound good o_O & promopic too
    [​IMG]

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

lol, only if they are dressed like very cute cats :p.

4. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

[​IMG]
    i wonder, how much screen time they will get in pv for 5th row :D

5. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Damn. Now I associate boring songs with Mayu.. (Kiss Made, So Long!)

6. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The song has 36 girls in it, so the keychain might be a hint to the amount of girls :D

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    am I the only one who thinks it is triple centred instead of solo centred? [wonder]

8. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

They'll appear as cameo and as backdancers ,
    because we cant really see them when they're dancing (5th row) :hmm:
    :hmm: :hmm:

I dont really like the song... i hope the B-sides are good...

9. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    I like this song!! It sounds decent when i first listened to it. Pretty sure i'll come to love it after many more listens, as with all 48g songs. Mayuyu center was a pleasant surprise since i've already mentally prepared myself for a yui/paru center.

and yay naachan's and naanya's first senbatsu!

10. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well now I'm confused lol. Song named after a dog and mayuyu rather than paruru center? Well Aki-p certainly defied expectations :D
    It's not the greatest summer song... But I think it might grow on me. Hopefully :^^;:

11. blu3min

blu3min Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  12. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

From the bit I've heard it's a nice song

But Kitarie last row :(

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't like judging the first day because I also thought "..." when I first listened to Sayokuro and Koisuru, but after some days I liked them, and now I just love them XD I still think the title could have been better than "Labrador Retriever" lol. I read this on Mayu thread "Theme of AKB48 36th Single "Labrador Retriever" is "French Pop". It's a song about relationship of young couple seen through a pet dog."

I guess this explains the title. I'm not sure what they mean by "french pop" maybe they mean the old type of "french pop" lol. anyway I'm listening to the song again, and I find it likeable for now. It's easy to listen to. even if I prefer the cheerful type of summer songs (Everyday Kachuusha, Ponytail to Shushu, Manatsu no Sounds Good...) but this kind of less upbeat and more slow paced songs isn't that bad, it still gives the "summer" feeling! I'll just wait for the Pv and more performances for now. I hope b-sides are great songs!

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    i'll choose mayu over paruru as center any time. Having jurina in front is a big bonus for me. Seems like management hasn't given up on mayu yet. I would love it if mayu wins the election but a surprise result of yuki or jurina winning it would be very exciting.

As for the song, not liking it yet, quite dull. Maybe i'll appreciate it better once i watch the pv.

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Re: [Single] AKB48 36th single [untitled] 14/05/21

Erm there are 3 K girls in senbatsu. yui, mako and kitarie. if you count kennins we have 6! Team K is fixed! /Sarcasm

16. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

I always don't judge a song immediately after listening to a low quality live. But 1 thing for sure is that this song needs a relatively rich arrangement, which I hope it will all become clear after hearing the studio recordings.

17. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Oh wait, i just noticed, ikoma isn't part of senbatsu. I know the shuffle hasn't officially taken effect yet but i thought since she's eligible to run in the election this year, she would have been part of senbatsu.

Would have been quite interesting if she was there though.

18. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Yay for Lovetan making it back to senbatsu <3 Lovetan the comeback queen <3

19. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    After listening to Labrador Retriever, I like it! Finally it's a summer song without brass in your face like Sayonara Crawl or previous AKB singles!!! Yay it's a Mayuyu center song!!! :inlove: [party] [clap]

Plus the costumes look way better than the neon Sayonara Crawl costumes!

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I do remember they shot the video before the shuffle happened. So that was why she wasn't there. We do know she will be on the Team B Song on the B-Side for this single.