Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

So much for that "hint" about the next center... :^O^: That title makes me laugh.

I don't hate this! It doesn't sound bad to me on first listen. What I do hate are those dresses and all their toddler-beauty-pageant realness. So looking forward to the next live performance in a better outfit.

Maybe making Mayuyu center of this will be the push she needs to rank first this year. I didn't expect it to happen, I thought if anything she had lost even more steam than last year, but now I'm hoping she does overtake Sasshi, even if just because I love the idea of a constantly revolving 1st place. :awesome:

2. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Song was nice. Nothing WOW but Mayuyu being center seems so fitting for this song. If she doesn't win it this year, she prob never will. Also we know the MV is the main reason for this song. I'm more a fan of basic colors for bikinis instead of last years flower explosion.

I think if AkiP wanted to try Paruru at center, this was the album to do it. It will sell no matter who was center so would of been nice to see how she responds to being center for a non Janken album.

Also those who say Owada Nana is overrated, is she even that well known? Didn't know she all of a sudden was a darkhorse for something.

3. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes that is something I don't like about the beach singles too! I'm glad this one has more mellow arrangements but still a very summer feel. Mayuyu being center is perfect for this song. However, almost everyone in this huge senbatsu to relegated to "background" dancers status.

4. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    I'm not really feeling this song, from the first listen. Also the dance seems to fall flat. Mayu looks really gorgeous as centre though :hehe: well of course I'm biased. I'm just hoping the PV will make me like this song more, although I can't really imagine them singing this song on the beach in bikinis...it's too soothing and calm. But it's a nice change from SayoKuro's upbeat tempo. All I hope for is, amazing B-sides and please, please, please have nice jacket covers!

5. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

So the center has been revealed to be Mayu? How amusing, more so because some around these parts were adamant that it was to be Paruru. Teaches you to not take something like what is in the MSM PV as gospel eh? :lol:

With regards to the song, so far so good. Be interesting to see what the PV is like. Not much else can be said until we see the whole thing in it's entirety, so hopefully those who cast negative views already will wait but I somehow think that won't happen...like usual :tongue:

6. Norenche

Norenche Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    For a better understanding of the rows:

[​IMG]

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

^ I'm glad that Annin is still considered as part of the main 16 there. :cute:

Although Yuria in there... maybe we'll see her in senbatsu by the fall single as a Team 4 representative, maybe even pushing Miichan out (if Kojiharu doesn't leave before)? :blink:

I would have Kojimako in there instead of her as a K representative. Having her back in the 3rd row seems a bit "meh..." after including her in MaeShika.

KitaRie and Lovetan seem to be in just because of their important positions now within their groups (K and KIV captains), but they're on the edges... I don't see much else coming their way soon (I even see Lovetan being dropped from HKT's senbatsu). [worried]

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Wait what? French Pop? Does people know that french pop is very...bad?

if you haven't told me it was french pop, i wouldn't have guess a bit.

Thanks for the line up formation. It's been a while since i saw a Mayuyu center.

9. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so the title of the song is a big ehhh for me, weird, but we had a dog poop song so this isn't so bad

as for the song itself, i kind of like it, this & SayoKuro will never beat the AKB classics Ponytail & Everyday but still whatever, i still like it, i like SayoKuro abit more though, but Labrador is a very mellow summer song :)

i can picture girls running in floating dresses on the beach as the theme of the MV, not the bikinis :lol:

the center is Mayu, hmm, not totally unexpected, i totally thought it would be Paruru though, oh well, i guess this is another big push for Mayuyu so that she can win the election, it's been a while since So Long :)

Sasshi & Jurina in 1st row is great imo

the formation as a whole is mess though, i can't see anyone other than the top 2/3 row girls, lol, the dance is a big mess too, it's like no one knows where to go so they just running around waving their hands and smile :^^;: :fp:

overall, not a bad song, can't wait for the PV, cover & the B-sides too

also never could figure out why people say this is a triple center, it's Mayu center, triple center is 2 girls beside the 1 main center so it doesn't make sense, really :^^;:

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Because the center stands alone in the 1st row.

Mae Shika Mukanee is a Yuko-only center, as was Jurina's song and Kojiharu's Heart Ereki.

Hell, even Acchan stood alone in ManaGuu (same number of people as LabuReti).

11. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ah i see
    there's this picture i saw about LabuRetti with Mayu alone in the 1st row, basically same formation as ManaGuu and same pose

12. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Please share this dog poop song, I've never heard of it :D

They'll most likely announce the centre on the second day; even if it's a trio centre, Mayu is still center of the center :lol:

13. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

so, the 16nin senbatsu ver cut until 3rd row, eh, can we say that akarin is senbatsu routine now :yikes: ....kojimako looks out of main senbatsu but with lots of sister group member, they may replace one to another

14. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

it's this song, Team B's song from AKB's 30th single, so long
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Sokod ... u_ka_ne%3F

15. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    The song has grown on me now, and I really like those dresses [blush]

Paruru looks great, the song really suits her and 2:11 Kojimako kinda looks like Acchan :D

EDIT: Anyone noticed Mayu was the only one wearing the ribbon?

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Correct me if I'm wrong. "French pop" as a label is used sometimes in Japan for music (often remixes of pop songs) that are influenced by old-style french pop. Not the new stuff, but rather French pop musicians that were performing around Japan / had some popularity in Japan in the 60s and 70s.
    For example, no3b song Pedicure day has a French Pop mix on its normal edition. But it's basically just a slight remix of the original song.

17. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

The song has grown on me :blush:

18. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    the labrador arrangement immediately reminded me of vanessa paradis Be my baby. This is the french pop style you are talking about.
    back to labrador, it sounds decent and relaxing enough. MAyu is the best choice for this type of songs. IMO the summer single quality can be toned down a bit, since it will sell like hotcakes anyway with the voting tickets.

19. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

You're right. when I read "french pop" I thought it can only be about the old french pop because the current french pop isn't like this + the current french pop isn't known in Japan, while the old french pop got popular in Japan, so most likely this is what they mean by "french pop" and it does sound like old french pop ;D