Best and worst singers in 48G

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Crests, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Well, no has mentioned Yukirin~ Her range is quite good and has the capability to go further with her solo career. Her breathing seems good for singing as well.

if the video does not show watch the video here

And also Mii-chan~ Same reasons as Yukirin. She might be able to push a solo career as well~

2. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Wow I'm amazed by Miyu's voice! I never knew what her appeal was, but now I've gained a lot of respect for her after hearing her sing. Gotta keep an eye on this thread.:blush:
    I've never liked listening to Yukirin, maybe it's just how her voice sounds, but to me it sounds as if she's singing through her nose.:fear:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. leomeizha19

leomeizha19 Kenkyuusei

Hmm. this good threads, i can improve my knowledge about the other member voices.
    i would like to share mine too.

I think the best of the best singer in this group it would be Takamina..
    +
    Her voice character, maybe many singer have it.. a deep voice but her sound colour? no one have it..
    Vibration, about this i think she's better than the others..
    Dynamic, This is what make Takamina so special for me, her dynamic while her sing live .. she can take a low tones and catch high tones so nicely..
    as a backing vocal she's also good ..
    -
    Breath taking, not so good for me, but i don't know for others.
    Overtones, not so bad for me, but some times i found while she taking overtones when duo, (ex: migikata with acchan), she try to catch the Overtones but sometimes it missed..

Yukirin also good too, she have a beautiful sound colour, but takamina more experienced..
    and, maybe Acchan was my kami oshi, but honestly, she's not good on live performance, i don't know why.. it's her problem..
    I prefer her voice when she still in AKB.

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Yup, Takamina's probably cited as one of the best singers because she's one of the most obviously strong singers in the frontline of AKB and those are the members most people know about.

But I have no doubt that she's able to do whatever she wants, given enough time. I really think with her AKB work and side work she just doesn't have any time to devote to making her vocal technique better. I have no doubt she can absolutely do it though, she has motivation and self-discipline in spades. We'll have to see what happens when she graduates.

For my addition, I didn't see anyone mention Nogizaka's Kawamura Mahiro:

"During her self introduction for a performances of 16nin no Principal, she sang a song that she had written and composed herself"

"Considered by other members the best singer in Nogizaka46" (from Wiki48)

Just check out this video, she's great.

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't agree with people saying Acchan's singing is awful. She's not the best singer and she did have bad performances (especially the Kareha no Station live, that most people remember) but she also got some pretty good live performances, so she's no way the worse or awful.

Yoake Made (2012)

For the best singers in 48G, most are mentionned already here.
    The voices I love the most for current members are Sayanee and Yukirin.

Jungle Gym (Sayanee)

Yume no Dead Body (Sayanee)
    http://yumenoflower.tumblr.com/post/81111678977

Machibuse (Yukirin)

Kazanbai (Yukirin)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTpFGEuLPrQ

Yukirin's voice is high pitched but she's still good,
    and (imo) she knows how to convey emotions too.

another nice voice in AKB is Iwata Karen, I love when she performed Hana wa Saku.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kc6j8sdZD4

There's also Miichan, and Mayu sometimes like when she performed Yoake no Mew.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBQMTPutY1E

I didn't post the best singers but just some good ones that I like, since the best ones have been posted already~

and yes, when it comes to Nogi, the best singer is definitely Kawamura Mahiro, but Ikuta Erika is good singer too.
    (2:35 both of them sing) www.dailymotion.com/video/xzzdxs_2013-04-14-nogizakatte-doko-best-hit-medley-2000_music
    (Ikuchan singing Nogi's song Kimi No Na Wa Kibou alone) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASApirCfCaw

6. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well I still consider Taka as the best coz she can manage to blend tones with others. Its true that sometimes she sounds nasaly because she really has a low tone. In fact she's the only who can reach the lowest note and sounds good, and for a girl that's very unique because average girls has high pitched tone.

Its funny that the most voted as the best isn't even in the kami7. Only Yukirin and Taka are considered by some yet still lacking something. :^^;:

7. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I watched the performance of Xu ChenChen performing Nakinagara Hohoende, and I think she is one of the best singers of the 48 groups. Wasamin, Yuttan, Haachan, etc. are also good singers, too.

8. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Well yeah, kami7 (assuming you mean original kami7/8, not the latest senbatsu ranks) is just a collection of girls who were popular in the early years, and continue to be, although many of them are declining lately. Members don't get popular just because of their individual talents. There are a lot of factors that go into it; handshakes, TV appearances, inclusion in senbatsu, gravure shoots, etc. It would be interesting if management picked pushes on talent alone, but that's obviously not the case. Off topic, but one of my personal dreams is a single with undergirls units divided into a group that's good at dancing, a group that's good at singing, and a group that's good at variety or handshakes. Would be interesting to see.

My favorite singers in 48G are definitely Wasamin and Komariko. I'd be lying if I said Mariko's inclusion wasn't influenced by the AKBingo DIVA specials, lol. Sure she is not the best, but she is still quite good. I was a fan of her before I knew this, so it just made me like her more. Miyumiyu's voice is a bit too nasally for me, but that can also be good depending on the song. Love Amina's voice, but she is no longer a member. Perhaps in the future she'll land a good role as a seiyuu and get a character CD! I would be very happy haha.

9. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Lol! There's no way they'd past the audition with those vocals!:fp: Haha! Atleast I can say they are emotional so its an excuse right?! :hehe:

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^ Ugghh, Harukyan! The rest of them aren't awful as far as idols go. By the way, why were they crying?

If I remember correctly, and despite the fact that I still think she is awesome, Lemon is a particularly bad singer too.

11. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Poor Lemon in that competition. Always makes me feel bad to see idols crying.

They were crying because it was Amina's graduation special on Andare, brought together some of the remaining members of the NO NAME unit to perform that song.

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Sae video? Sorry I missed your link. I guess I was flabbergasted by the people who still think Takamina is the best singer in AKB. [hehe]

Anyway Sae. I think I personally wrote off Sae after seeing her in Infinity. I actually saw both casts on the same day. To be honest I was much more impressed with Sayaka's performance after watching them back to back. Sae had a few pitch issues. But that was quite a few years ago. She has had loads of time to improve since then. If that video is any indication, she has. It is also proof that a low-tone singer doesn't have to be nasal. :whistle:

And I hope people don't get the wrong I idea. I don't profess to be the pillar of singing-quality. I loved Wasamin even before I learned how well she could sing.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  13. Silenka

Hey now wait, Takamina was in that too with Sayaka, she seemed great in the DVDs but who knows how much they've been cleaned up. Not gonna throw her a bone? :p Did you see it live?

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes I saw both casts live. In fact I was in the audience for the Sae/Yukirin performance that is on the DVD.

Without going into a full review, I honestly felt that Takamina was a better actress than Yukirin, but to me Yukirin fit the role better. Nothing on Takamina, but I felt she was miscast. As for Sayaka and Sae, they interpreted their role so differently. It is almost like watching two completely different plays. I felt Sayaka was perfect in the role, even if she sort of "hammed up" her death scene. That said, I appreciated Sae's interpretation too.

15. Silenka

That's cool. I thought Yukirin was way better for that part too. Takamina's manner just really doesn't scream "damsel in distress"... lol. I also enjoyed Sayaka's interpretation of her part more too, it was more brooding and vampire-ish but Sae's was pretty spunky and cool so they're both an enjoyable watch. Anyone who hasn't around here should!

16. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I love love love Yukirin's voice. Her breath control has only gotten better. She's no opera singer, but her voice is my kind of the perfectly pleasant, quintessential idol voice and I just adore all her solo work.

I think this is the first time I've seen this topic pop up with nary a mention of Hoshino Michiru. I thought hers was the legend that never died!

I don't really have high expectations for talent in idol music so I don't spend as much time categorizing good singers as some other fans might.

Sato Mieko!! She and Deguchi Aki are easily my top two from SKE. Neesan's pre-SKE songs are gorgeous.

It may sound weird, but I really liked Nakanishi Rina's whispery singing voice. Chocolove was one of my first 48 obsessions and I still love Rina's solos on the album, although I eventually became a bigger fan of Sayaka's deeper voice down the line. And the combination of Sayaka and Yuka in DiVA was awesome, it's just unfortunate the music didn't quite match up to their potential (not to mention Sae, screechin' up another epic subgroup).

I'm not a huge fan of enka, but Wasamin is definitely amazing and when I heard her cover of Ettou Tsubame, the ONE enka song I've ever loved, I got chills.

I don't know. There are so many members I consider to be 'good singers' to an extent but I guess I'm just easy to please. :approve:

17. eroisa

eroisa Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    pinkucream
    I'm no expert in terms of singing, but I'll list some favorites of mine.
    Wasamin: Mujin Eki never fails to give me shivers and I've been listening to Request Covers almost everyday, I just think that the AKB songs that I've seen her performance just don't justice to her amazing voice, IF we got the new stages she could get a nice unit more suited for her voice (at least I can dream, can't I?:^^;:)
    Sayanee: I love her voice, her solo lines on Kamonegix were great and she's a good singer live too, the proof of this it that the live version of Yume no Dead Body is much better on the LOD than on the studio recordings XD
    Sayaka and Yuka: Girls with powerful and distinctive voices, I absolutely love their units, it's hard to find girls that can sing their lines on their original units as good as these two.
    Airin: Her voice on Manazashi Sayonara always give me chills.
    Karen: I love listening to her version of Hana wa Saku and she has one of my favorite versions of one of my favorite AKB songs (Romance Kakurenbo), I think that it's the style of song that really suits her voice.
    Hoshino Michiru: she left AKB in 2007 but when I was listening to the original stages recordings her nice voice left a mark on me, the original Anata no Christmas Eve it's great and I love this unit too:

I don't know if you can consider a good singer but I love Meetan's voice!XD I listen to her solo song a lot because I simply love her voice and nobody sings Oshibe Meshibe like her for me, good singer or not she had a quite unique voice.

Some newer girls with notable performances vocal-wise for me:
    Kojina Yui on Nakinagara Hohoende: seriously, it's thanks to Jiina that I like this song (I listened to this performance a lot earlier before the Xu ChenChen one and now I love both of them), she has a pretty good voice, I'm reallt glad that she got a good exposure on the team H video on the last HKT single.
    You can listen to it on: 131212 HKT RS LOD (Yamashita Emili debut) (click to go to the LOD)

Umemoto Izumi on MARIA: This girl rocks!From all the MARIA versions that I listened so far she was the one that came the closest to the awesomeness of the original one.
    You can listen to it on: 131212 HKT RS LOD (Yamashita Emili debut)

Tani Marika an Nakanishi Chiyori on Kinjirareta Futari: Amazing performance, despite their humorous characters on the HKT variety programs their serious expressions on this perfomance were simply great and they have great voices, specially Chori.
    You can listen to it on: 131126 HKT 2nd birthday special LOD

Shibuya Nagisa and Matsumura Megumi on Kinjirareta Futari: I think that Nagisa has a good voice, she did a good performance of Bird on the KKS concert, one of the girls that I'm really glad that's getting a huge push, Megumin's voice reminds of the Kasai one on the original, definetely worth a listen.
    You can listen to it on: 130831 NMB RS LOD (Shibuya Nagisa birthday)

Morita Ayaka on Blue Rose: the other girls were ok, but I was amazed by Morita Ayaka, she did a flawless Blue Rose, the attitude and the strong voice, maybe a NMB fan could recommend me more performances of her?:3
    You can listen to it on: 130831 NMB RS LOD (Shibuya Nagisa birthday)

Well, that's it to name a few XD But I don't know sometimes you can be a bad singer but be a good performer, Rena is not a really good singer but I like to listen her voice on SKE songs and I think that she's really good to put emotion into a song, a good example was her Mujin Eki performance on last Kouhaku. She's nowhere near Wasamin's vocal a she probably knows it, but she did an amazing interpretation of the song for me.

That's it, sorry for the long post but I hope that you guys appreciate some of these performances, sorry for not having separated videos for each one, contact me for any english mistakes I'm not used to write that much on another language XD

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  18. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I just don't know how she'll fit into NMB, that's the problem with me being a Kashiwagi-Oshi :approve: But I guess it's okay~ Her vocals are to me good and will fit with Girls Generation's Taeyeon :) Being Taeyeon biased and Yukirin biased :XD: If duet does happen between these two :worthy: Thank you SM Ent and Aki-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: I just love Yukirin and Taeyeon~

19. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    Harugon for the worst, when I started listening to warota I was like "they all have cute voices except for this one basic chick, who is she?"

For the best, I have to agree that Yamamoto Sayaka is definitely one of them, you don't need more proof than Jungle Gym. also, Rachel from SDN48.

20. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Mainly I have the same opinion with everyone:
    Good:
    Minami Takahashi
    Yukirin
    Airi
    Sayanee
    Umeda Ayaka

Bad: (well I only heard this so maybe if someone of you knows this)
    Shinoda Mariko
    Milky (she's very bad at lip sync and I never heard her singing live)