[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Where are they gonna put it? I don't think they want to compete with Labrador Retriever, I can see them doing it in the past but maybe not this year.

Well, we'll see.
    I'm sure people are already salivating at the Milky/Sayaka/Yukirin bikini combo.

2. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Thanks zeroshiki, wahoho, and jeauexe for the welcome.

Nothing really comes to mind anymore but just wanted to learn more about the girl. I never really noticed her till I saw Kei and her in the cat outfits together. :drool:

I didn't pay much attention to NMB48 till saw Nagicchi. Milky caught my eyes before but there was a really cute girl I didn't know. Turned out to be Fuuchan. Don't recall Mirurun in it.

Is it me or out of the xxx48 groups, I enjoy the gravure pics/MVs of NMB48 the most? :corr:

3. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I think (or hope) NMB will release 4 singles this year. Looking back, the last event of Takane no Ringo is on June (first event was in April; the last Kamonegix was in March (and the first was in September). Probably they will release their 10th single on June ~ July.

4. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    great, i saw this coming, Nana is forever the poster girl of the switching position girls (if that makes sense), from 3rd to 4th to 3rd to 4th to 3rd now to 4th, again, sigh

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I think (or hope) NMB will release 4 singles this year. Looking back, the last event of Takane no Ringo is on June (first event was in April; the last Kamonegix was in March (and the first was in September). Probably they will release their 10th single on June ~ July.

6. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I though Yukirin's position was weird. I felt it was a triple center, but they did not shift the alignment of the center. It felt like it still the original Nagiichi formation, then added Yukirin at the side :lol:

But I agree with zeroshiki that Yukirin will most probably be until #3. SayaMilky is the face of NMB and it will be just weird if Milky will be pushed down to #3. It won't be NMB anymore. I feel bad for Fuuchan and Nana though.

=====================

We can discuss more Miru on her thread. I'll post some videos of her :lol:

7. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I never really understood the obsession with positions. I mean, if you're in the first 2 rows, then you're going to get plenty of screen time anyways so the end result is you're still gonna get exposure. If you're popular enough, the cameraman always finds you no matter your position anyways :)

==============================================

On another note, I am really looking forward to their next single now. Maybe we'll get a continuation to the Bokura no Eureka PV

8. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    I was actually concerned Airi could possibly lose her senbatsu spot for Takane no Ringo and with the shuffle, I think she could easily lose her spot next single to Churi, Umechan, or Reinyan.

9. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I'd be fine with that one stipulation: that it's a Kaneko solo song.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I'm not a big gravure fan so it doesn't matter to me.

I have to say though, NMB manages to find really... stacked members.
    Even the initial pre-pubescent members have grown up really well.

... and then there's An-tan who constantly complains about how she's not even A-cup, lol.

It's more of a symbolic thing than anything, really.
    Still, watching the Takane no Ringo choreography is pretty neat, it feels like everyone has their day in the sun except maybe the very back row. I really like that part with Kei and Miru walking down the aisle.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I can see someone losing a spot for Umeda but not for the others. I'm also not sure about whether they will drop Lemon out of senbatsu considering she is now a full time NMB member. They could swap Lemon for Ume (I would hate that tbh). I would prefer if they kept Lemon in NMB senbatsu because she is a prominent member now whereas umechan needs to develop herself more as a member of NMB before taking a place in senbatsu. It's not only unfair for lemon but for all the girls in senbatsu and the girls that aren't in senbatsu. It's going to be a lot harder to get into A-sides now with all the transfers and concurrent positions :glare:

12. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    @purekyunkyun I think Kato Yuuka & Murase Sae (and Takano?) have more chance of losing a senbatsu spot than Tanigawa.

@minaeshi But Lemon herself didn't need to develop herself more as a member of NMB before taking a senbatsu spot :p
    Instead of Umeda Ayaka, I think Fujie Reina has more chance of being in senbatsu. She's quite popular, younger than Umeda & she can sell out her handshake slots.

Since Takane no Ringo is a happy uplifting single, I hope the next single will sound like Junjou-19 or Virginity (or Zetsumetsu Kurogami Shoujo). It has been too long since we have A-side like that. For me, Virginity is a song where everything screams NMB. The choreography, the stunts, the lyrics, the arrangement, the melody and everything.

13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Neither did Yui? Because they were concurrent members, so they got automatic places in senbatsu like Yukirin is getting now. Because Umechan got transferred completely instead of getting a concurrent position, I fee like she should develop herself as an NMB member, as if she just joined the group. It's different when you're a concurrent member because you still have your original group with you. I feel the same about Maachun moving to AKB and Sae moving to SKE (i see that as more of a transfer because lets be honest i don't see her doing anything else with SNH). They should develop themselves as a member of their new group as if they actually just joined and work their way up, rather than be pushed to the front, leaving the original ***48 members to have to work 5 times as hard to get something they worked so hard for.

14. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Uuka and Saeppi are just starting to get pushes though. Uuka was the other ace in BII (along with Shuu) and I see more of Saeppi these days. I love Tanigawa to death, but she's not doing anything much - she's behind Fuuchan, Nana, Mirurun, and (maybe) Yuipon in the new Team M, imo. That's five senbatsu spots, and NMB can only afford (if there's equal contribution from each team) 5 to 6 members per team.

I think the locked senbatsu spots are:
    • N: Sayanee, Yukirin, Keicchi, Akarin
    • M: Fuuchan, Nana, Mirurun
    • BII: Shuu, Milky, Umechan
    Six spots left to battle over, with contenders like Uuka, Saeppi, Yuipon, Airi, Lemon, Ripopo, Nagisa, Reinyan, and Keira. Italic is my prediction [hehe]

15. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    @PooPyon That's the ugly part for Kato Yuuka. I think she is in senbatsu just because BII needs another representative. But now she's in N; plus BII already has Milky & Nagisa to be in senbatsu along with Yabushita. I agree with you about Tanigawa, though. She's really stagnant in her character & popularity.

Senbatsu locks:
    1. Yamamoto Sayaka
    2. Watanabe Miyuki
    3. Yamada Nana
    4. Yagura Fuuko
    5. Kashiwagi Yuki
    6. Shiroma Miru
    7. Jonishi Kei
    8. Yoshida Akari
    9. Yabushita Shu
    10. Shibuya Nagisa

That leaves 6 spots for these girls:
    Kotani Riho, Ichikawa Miori, Murase Sae, Tanigawa Airi, Takano Yui, Kato Yuuka, Fujie Reina, Umeda Ayaka, Takayanagi Akane, Ota Yuuri (?), Yogi Keira (?)

16. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    Side-note: I'm hoping Jo will gain back enough popularity and there will be enough time since her return for her to make senbatsu again for NMB's 11th single (the single after next).

17. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    @sakurazaki I think your top 10 is spot on. In addition, I think that Uuka and Ripopo are pretty much locks as well. Uuka is one of the better performers and seems to be a senbatsu mainstay for a while. Ripopo is another one of those members who probably won't be removed for a while. just because she's been in like every senbatsu.

I think Yuipon is a safe bet too, but I wouldn't be shocked if she was the odd one out.

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I think Uuka is in senbatsu because she's really good at performing, not to fill a BⅡquota. If that was the reason before, I certainly wouldn't think it's the reason now. They would often put her in senbatsu but her media appearances are comparatively low to all the other members, including fellow BⅡs and KKS even.
    Going by G+ and handshake numbers, Jou actually seemed to decline significantly and I've been pretty troubled by that.

19. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    @sakurazaki: I completely forgot about Churi :fp:

Meanwhile, my ideal NMB48 senbatsu would be:
    • N: Sayanee, Uuka, Keicchi, Akarin, Yukirin
    • M: Nana, Fuuchan, Mirurun, Yuipon, Saeppi, Airi
    • BII: Milky, Shuu, Nagisa, Lemon, Churi
    But that's basically old senbatsu +Yukirin and Churi :^^;: Idk, I don't mind Yukirin performing in NMB48, though I do prefer her to not be in front row (she's tall and her movement is sometimes so exaggerated that it's distracting) and not to take away the SayaMilkyNanaFuuko combo.

@joooooooooe: I'd like to think that management's going to invest on Uuka as their new gen member, so when the likes of stable senbatsu members like Keicchi and Nana graduate, Uuka, Nagisa, and Shuu have enough popularity to "replace" them.

Ripopo is sort of like the Ishida Anna and Renacchi of NMB48, isn't she? :^^;: I really don't find her appeal though lol. I don't dislike her, but I just don't find her cute or endearing the way that Maachun or Ainyan does (her forte being variety and comedy)

20. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I don't know who Ishida Anna is, but from what I remember about Renacchi she doesn't really do much. (Pretty soon Gingerninja will need to make another banner explaining the difference between Renacchi and Rinacchi because I'm getting them mixed up, lol.)

Ripopo is a very competent talker. I don't think anybody could've done a solo standup like she did. I think management's been envisioning her as the next Sasshi but that's not panning out. Chupopo was cool but now that's taken away from her. I don't think she's a very good pick for being the favorite of many, but she's definitely a good supporting cast member. I'm not exactly sure how that translates into a senbatsu position though.