[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Where is the N46 I fell for? Now we missing Minami and Ikuchan in Senbatsu and have Rena. Nothing against the girl but I'm not much of a Rena fan. Only reason I paid attention to SKE48 was Yuria and Yuko.

2. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    I guess the best answer would be that since the 6th single the composition of Ngzk's front have changed dramatically. For the previously five singles, the original group you liked was front & centre, but never having achieved the superior popularity of the adult members, the got swapped from front basically.

Regarding Ikuchan's hiatus, I think taking time off to focus on entrance exam study is a great idea actually. Academically Ikuchan is a top performer, but iirc she wishes to attend a prestigious music school, so taking some time off to focus on the entrance exam makes sense. I'm fully supportive of her decision.

I will miss her presence tho, being absent for some five months or more. Also of note, Ikuchan is the only Nogi-member from the youngsters that come even close to the top HS performers. I wonder will mngmnt be tempted to promote someone among the youngster to fill in the void, if so I'm hoping Ashu, Hinapyon, Himetan, or Bebitan can get the chance. Altho it is very likely only Rena will get chip in lol.

There are some that fear that she will graduate after this, personally I don't think this is likely since she herself said she will be back. There's previous experience of this in Manattan too. Hopefully Ikuchan will return as centre lol ^ ^

3. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    I'm hoping next single formation would be something like:
    front -> back : 4 6 6 or 4 6 8 (with expansion of 2slot in senbatsu).

Regarding ikuchan's hiatus, I think it might be for 9th and 10th singles as college exams from what i heard ends during February, so she might not be able to participate in 10th single's activities too, as I doubt only 2 singles would be released this year.

About any risk of ikuchan graduating, i really doubt so, she is quite a staple member of nogizaka and their senbatsu, and as rust said above manatsu also was in a similar situation and she managed to "pick herself up" and gain ground. So while her popularity might not increase during her hiatus, i doubt there would be many ikuchan oshis that will oshihen (There would be a handful oshihen due to noticing other members but i doubt its more than a handful).

Hope that she will still be able to post in the nogi blog, and perhaps still be included in the random photosets (even though for photosets its quite unlucky she will have the time to go for the photoshoot, like what happened for renarin).

Oh and off topic but, i've been wanting to ask, what does IIRC stand for ? :)

4. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    IIRC = if I recalls correctly. ^ ^

As for rows with even numbers, tbh I prefer odd numbers because I fear even ones will have members behind blocked by members in front lol. It used to be a bigger concern too back during the Minami Sasuga choreography era, with little to no formation changes, but less of a concern now I suppose.

Ikuchan being off means a potential fukujin spot is open now btw, any thoughts on this?

5. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Hate to be a broken record but Minami. :whistle:

Dang, I wasn't even thinking of Ikuchan graduating but it's def a real possibility. :shocku:

Also isn't it kinda funny N46 fans tend to be more supportive of the older girls? I always thought Japanese love the youngins more.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm surprised about the Ikuchan news... leaving for +5 months? :cold: I understand her decision, but I'll really miss her, Nogi isn't the same without her.

Now I'll give all my focus to Maiyan, with some Ringo as well~ and I think the member who'll replace Ikuchan will be Rena, it's just a perfect coincidence lol almost as if it was planned... XD Maybe by the time Ikuchan is back, Rena's concurrency will end?

Also, I would love if Minami's back to senbatsu. She does well in UG, but it's too weird seeing a previous top3 center being now in UG... I wonder if she matured, maybe she would do better if she gets another chance now. I miss her >.<

Not gonna lie, I miss the old senbatsu line-up. I don't mind adding 2nd gen (they're nice too) but to me the best line-up was for Girl's Rule. I'm probably biased too, I loved Maiyan center, and all my favs also getting screentime in the Pv, and Minami was there as well.

I hope Maiyan gets other center someday, and Ikuchan as well :3 and I'd also like if they release a cheerful song~ something like Girl's Rule (I insist XD).

7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

+5 Macau.:D Although I will miss Ikuchan dearly, she likely will return and take up position as if she had never left. I feel fans should not oshihen due to their #1 no longer in the spotlight.

This spot will more than likely be taken by Matsui Rena. In a way, it really works out well because I didn't want Rena to push a member out of position. I personally would like to see Rena in 3rd row but as I stated before that wouldn't bode well with SKE fans.

8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i think one of major problem to promote NGZK46 songs especially b-side is the lack of their performances. they only did several concerts in which didnt circulate that much in youtube or dailymotion. i think because of that ngzk46 has slower growth compared to other 48groups.

9. ReadyFortyEight

ReadyFortyEight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Twitter:
    redyp46
    Hello there, everyone. Seeing so many interesting discussion regarding of what happens recently.

I'd like to say that, from the 6th single of Nogizaka46, it all changed. No things will ever be the same anymore, at least not in a long time. What I meant is Ikuta-Ikoma-Minami being in the first row. Proved that in every single from the 6th, the center it seems like it take turn, means there's always will be a new center for the new single, which I think it keep make things interesting. "New is always better right", for some reason. (Yes I'm quoting HIMYM quote, sue me lol).

Regarding Ikuchan's hiatus, no need to say I think some of us were quite sad for thought of not seeing her for the next few months, though remembered it's for good cause, it's not for anything that is unnecessary, so I'm hoping with that thought we can sent her off with a smile, give a good luck and an encouragement she needed (Which in progress with that Rust's project, which is nice btw ;)). As for Ikuchan's graduation? Are you kidding? It's nearly impossible. I hope so lol. :p I don't see the reason of why Ikuchan ever want to graduate.

As Maiyan oshi, of course I'll hoping that she keeps her position in the 1st row (or to be a center again, it's not impossible right? right!? lol). As long as Maiyan in the first row, I'll be fine. But man, I really hope that Minami make a great comeback to senbatsu, Idk maybe back to the 2nd row, she deserve it. Also, Chiharu and Yamatomato to be in senbatsu which btw they're the last 1st gen who never get to be in senbatsu (corrected me if I'm wrong), so they're deserve each one spot in the senbatsu for the upcoming single more than anyone else.

Well well about Ikoma. Idk what to say. I mean, since the beginning I don't really like the idea of this concurrency. Not that I hate Rena or anything, she's fine with me. For Nogi wota, Nogizaka is their pride. It is can be concluded that that if Ikoma can't rank high in SSK, their pride as Nogiwota will get hurt so much don't you think. So, I always telling that maybe or perhaps if you want to see your pride as Nogi wota preserve in front of 48G wota, like it or not, you must give your vote to Ikoma in SSK.

10. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Hi ReadyFortyEight, regarding HoshiMina, I really don't think she deserves to be put in 2nd row or senbatsu for that matter at this time. My reasoning is because of her lack of effort in blog entries. I don't know if she's really busy with school or horrible at writing. Compared to Maaya, who is the same age, she really puts a lot of time and thought into her blog. I think Minami's HS sales has some correlation to this. She really needs to put more effort than just bank on her cute looks. Regarding Chiharu and Yamatomato, I couldn't agree with you more. If they are not in the 9th senbatsu it would be a shame.

Lastly, I too don't like this concurrency but will vote for Ikomachan. I don't consider myself wota but may cast more than 1 vote for her. I would like to see absolute pandemonium if Ikomachan is #1.

11. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    You should keep in mind that Nogizaka46 is under SMEJ, that should explain why their videos are not circulating over the internet that much.

Oh, and comparing the growth of Nogi to 48 sister groups, I think Nogi's growth is faster.

12. kucigaromeo

kucigaromeo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    Maybe Ikuchan spot in 9th single should be given to Renarin who just entered the prestigious Waseda University.

W-Rena front doesn't sound so bad either :cute:

13. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    I doubt the spot would be given to renarin, the reason being, even after renarin has entered university, she still doesn't have that much time for nogi's activities, for the recent photosets she wasn't included too due to ^ reasons, if she can't make it for photoshoots i dont think she`ll have enough time for MV shooting and single promotional activities.

Hope the 9th single fukujin would be back to 7fukujin (or 8).
    Its quite safe to say M. Rena would get a fukujin spot, and it would probably be front-row fukujin, like it or not.

14. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    When you say growth, what exactly do you mean? Debuting around the same time as HKT after 2 and some months years, Nogizaka reached over 450K in sales while HKT is around 240K. Several of HKTs Sembatsu members are stable members in outside work too, and well they seems to still only keep growing.

15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im thinking fans outside from japan like me. while 48groups have so many videos to show how awesome they are and their girls personality, ngzk46 only has quite a few only. plus there is no something like LOD that can show their potential.

16. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Welcome to the world of Sony's artists.
    SMEJ's youtube channel is always japan-only, u can easily use proxy to view the videos or wait for a kind soul to reupload them~

If you're a true fan, such insignificant barriers wouldn't hinder you. You can always order their singles or their live DVDs releases ; recently they released their 1st anniversary live DVD and NOGIBINGO Season 1 box. Alternatively u can fly to japan for a holiday and probably attend a handshake or concert. You will definately have an awesome time!

Regarding LOD, nogizaka doesnt have that cause their concept has some differences from 48groups. 48groups have the motto of "Idols you can meet", nogizaka doesnt so its different, if its the same nogizaka would already be totally a sister group.

Regarding "showing their potential", I believe they have shown what they are capable of, while they still have a lot of hidden potential for them to grow as individuals and as a whole group, they have shown that they are capable of rising to be a fighting force in the music industry.

Compared to (mainly) AKB and SKE that were around for quite longer than Nogizaka, its a definite thing that they have much more TV appearances and shows. Nogizaka is developing and their number of shows are increasing.

They have quite sufficient number of regular shows and the number is still increasing, i believe they are growing/heading in the right direction and i dont see any halt in their development as Nogizaka46 anytime soon. This summer's tour i believe is gonna be fun, hope i can be there, currently hoping my schedule and personal stuff would pave way and enable me to fly to japan another time this year (or next) hehe..

17. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    that's what im talking about.. for FANS, we should buy the all the thingy, but then for non fan that want to know..obviously video on youtube or at least dailymotion are their resources. yeah. maybe later on there will be more videos.
    that's how celebrities get their name known anyway but for j-artist, they kinda not bother outside of japan.

18. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    All their songs that have MV are on Nogizaka official youtube channel.

They frequently appear on music shows and recently debuted on music station one of the most popular (or the most popular) music show in japan. Non-fans watching the show would be exposed to nogizaka.

There are also advertisements on TV and also in places like those ad trucks in japan driving.
    Its not wise to advertise outside of japan cause the costs are more than the possible returns.

SMEJ restricts their videos to japan only for possible reasons like piracy or any other company reasons.
    Non-fans have enough material to see if they want to follow nogizaka.

19. z00z00

z00z00 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think Mayuri91 was speaking on behalf of people who havent acknowleded anything about n46 on any forums, so the most convenient way to check them out is on youtube unfortunately, and seeing it's regionally blocked may completely turn them off thus affect the fandom expansion, internationally.

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I think Nogi was really made for the japanese audience actually... 48 too of course, but it's even harder to fins Nogi videos than for 48. Nogi's Pv's aren't even in Youtube (it's blocked) so unless you do some manip', you can't watch them. I know it isn't hard to find them in other places too, but I'm speaking as if I'm someone who isn't from Japan, doesn't know Nogi, only heard of them now, and tries to search about them. I would most likely go to Youtube first, and I would find nothing! it's even harder that their name is in japanese characters, so you have to copy/paste it to find any interesting video. while for 48 groups, their names are the same everywhere, and it's easier to find things.

I don't mind Nogi being like this though, I'm fine with it. They have lots of japanese fans and are doing well, and they also have a good number of fans internationally. but I understand that it's harder to become their fan or learn about them. During their first months after debut I only cared for Ikuchan and didn't bother trying with other girls, I couldn't find much because they were new. then after some time I tried more and I did find things but I really had to search. and I end up watching their shows raw or go to websites in japanese to find more things (I don't even understand japanese XD) so yeah. but I'm glad I tried that much, because then I learned about the amazing Maiyan (who I worship now, lol), and other interesting members as well~