1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Furukawa Airi (Airin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Because she's an idol. There are parents that take their kids to see 48 group idols. On Airin's radio show, even kids as young as 11 years old would send in letters for her to read, and obviously those kid fans need their parents' supervision to participate in fan events. It's not hard to understand why a parent would be upset that her kid's role model is flipping people off, right? It's not just a bunch of 30+ male fans being jealous, though I don't doubt there's some of that involved.

You are free to act how you want, but if you do that, chances are you won't get to be an idol. And any way, 48g idols make g+ apologies for all kinds of small things, so it's not like this is a headline-worthy public shaming.

I have no clue where she actually read the comments since I didn't bother looking, but from a quick scan it doesn't seem like it was written right on her g+. All I see on g+ are support comments. She knows her way around the web so it could've been from anywhere.

During her radio show which was recorded prior to the 2shot event, she seemed a bit out of it. I wonder if it's from being busy with captain stuff with the new stage debut and everything. It would help explain the lapse in judgment.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ya know, this conversation should probably be in a different thread since it has more to do with just Airi and one particular fan. However, in this case it seems like most of the "outrage" has to do with the skirting of the rules that were set forth before the event occurred. Most of the blame is being pointed at lackadaisical staff enforcement. And I do feel those fans do have a valid gripe.

Management made a point of setting down certain ground rules before the event. And my guess is those ground rules were adhered to at least 90% of the time. So I can understand why some would be annoyed with seeing so many photos that went far over the line of those rules. Not just these photos. But there have been many photos circulated with people much closer to one another than the guidelines supposedly allowed, and touching that went beyond the usual "heart pose".

One might say "Hey, I didn't know we could do those things! I thought we had to abide by the rules. I feel cheated now" Or lets say I take my photo with Wasamin doing the heart pose, and I later see photos of her with her arms around other fans? "Wow, does this mean she likes those fans more than me?" Or if I saw a "fan" trying to coerce my oshimen into doing a pose she wasn't comfortable with, I would be pretty pissed off at said fan.

For the most part I think people are telling management to be consistent with the boundaries they set. In Airi's case, this particular fan has been around for a while. He isn't a noob by any stretch. He is on Airi's birthday committee. He knows how things work. And I'm sure he didn't mean any harm with those poses. That's his oshimen. He certainly wouldn't want to cause her to look bad. But I also agree with those who are saying he could have used better judgement. At the end of the day "flipping the bird" isn't really idol-like. Even if Airi is a bit of a "cool chick".

I think the only fallout we will ultimately see is stricter enforcement at the next events.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Except, as far as I understand, "flipping the bird" isn't considered nearly as offensive in Japan as it is in the US (or other applicable Western countries). You can find it in the Alive PV, you can find it in the official choreography for Team A's song Hate. And those are things any fan of the group might end up watching, so it's not like idols don't do it from time to time or it's greatly frowned on. There's still an understanding that it's an offensive gesture, of course, but I think it defaults to "generally offensive" whereas the way we use it in the West is always a "personally offensive" manner. I see a big difference in the two, honestly.

I too think that the big problem here is Airin's flaunting of the rules which might leave other fans who properly followed them feeling a bit cheated.

4. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

If it's idol conduct, just listen to some of the stuff that Sashihara says on TV or on the radio... It's really gehin for lack of a better work. She's the tip of the spear when it comes to popularity.

As for the bird, here in Japan, I'd equate it to the people in the United States doing the reverse "V" sign in their photos. The reverse "V" in the UK is the equivalent of the bird in the United States, so it's along the same lines.

Ultimately, it's up to the member on what pose they want to do or do not want to do. Rules are set up at every one of these events, but the members tend to do as they please. If they don't want to do something, they won't.

I plan on asking to take some fun photos with members. If I'm turned down, then at least I asked; better than kicking myself and wondering "what if".

5. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Poor Airin getting slammed on the internet... :^^;: 99.9% chance that if none of the netizens pointed it out to her, she would not have understood what it means to give the middle finger salute. (Serious)

Sadly, the only real losers here out of this debacle aren't just the girls trying to have some fun, but also every person who is planning to attend future 2-shot events during the rest of May and June. You just know management may consider tightening how strictly they interpret the ground rules from now on...

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    But these aren't even public pictures, these two shots are meant for fans to enjoy for themselves, if you dislike what a fan asked of the idol hate the fan not the idol.

7. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]

Attack on Airin:awesome:

8. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Thing is... I'm not acting like a hypocrite and condemning her for what she did (so I dunno how you say these things in English, like that thing with the finger hmmmm acts of bad education? lol anyway I do these sometimes too, but yeah they aren't pretty are all, are they?) . But they're an image to lots of kids so I would expect that they didn't do these things publicly (imagine a kid doing that to his mother and saying "but Airin did it too..." - no, not pretty).

Anyway, as I said, I'm not condemning her, I was just surprised that an idol could actually do these things.

9. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    :| Rank down.. but still ranking

10. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    27 to 37...so sad that she ranks down :(

11. Chanandler

Chanandler Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    A little sad for Furuyanagi... :(
    But, as long as we can see them smiling, I'll be happy!

12. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    How come she dropped rank :( Hope next year things reverse

13. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Out from Undergirls :(

14. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Airi is doing the SKE Riaju campaign thing for June. Though surely it would be irresponsible to just blindly vote for her without seeing the other participants...

http://ske48-riaju.jp/

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]

Airin concept in Bukiyou Taiyou

16. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Gorgeous!!! :worthy:

17. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that feel bro:rofl:

18. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    And again... Airin loses against a loli...

19. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Extracted from Ebishow 140721 (and @Under The Ribbon today's signature)

[​IMG]

PD1: Sorry for the double post
    PD2: Sorry for being late, my internet conection just blow tonight...

20. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Airi sounds rustled