Event / Concert 37th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2014/06/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Wow, I am so happy that I stayed awake for this. The S48 chat was so much fun for the most part, but the Paruru fans were loud as usual. Stay classy people, you know who you are. :p

Anyways, let me just going to post what stood out the most (to me)!

Mocchi was way too low for my liking. I hope that she doesn't take this as a cue to graduate because I can see that happening. Can French Kiss have an event soon so she can regain her rightful spot as Queen?

Myao was unfortunately very low as well, she looked very upset when she came up. Lately, to me, it seems like she didn't have the "Myao" feeling she had last year. I feel like she lost a bit of her personality when she lost weight and turned into a Kpop star :(.

Miku was so great, I am so happy that she ranked. Total underdog!

Yukko was the biggest surprise for me, honestly. I had written her off because she didn't rank in the prelims and only was able to give one vote to her so I thought she wasn't going to rank. I'm sorry for doubting you Yukko fans! We did it! And I'm sorry for doubting you, Yukko. :fp:

I'm in love with the UG lineup, sans BBQ. I really am so proud of my #1 gal Renacchi, I shed a few tears when she was called up. Going from no rank to UG is a HUGE accomplishment and now the people who keep complaining about her can see that she does have a big fan base. We love Renacchi!

AYACHAAAAAAAAN! I screamed when I realized she was going to be in senbatsu and felt the same anxiety as she did when she realized it too. Seeing her panic made me a little worried too. Ayachan has earned a spot in front next SKE single, I think. Her hard work this year finally paid off! I still feel like she is an underdog, despite being in senbatsu. She isn't done rising, I think the top 10 should watch out for her!

All of no3b are out of Kami 7, this is unreal. Kojiharu trolling us was also crazy. Blah. I really hope that this doesn't mean one of them are graduating next year, that would kill me.

And finally, the #1 girl....AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR MAYUYU! Her classic idol feel really makes her a shining star in the group. Her smile is mesmerizing, her voice is cute, and she's very fun to watch during performances. Her push is finally justified and now she really is #1 in AKB48. Good for you, Mayuyu.
    On the flip side I feel really bad for Juritan. I wanted her to get higher just so she would FINALLY take a break. If she was #1 would she retire? :^O^: (I adore her, but she needs to take a breather.)

Wow this turned out really long. I'm done!

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

She pretty much flat out said she had planned to announce her graduation there, but her hands are tied because she "wants to make the announcement when everyone is smiling again".

In my opinion, Sae also looked like she wanted to make a similar announcement (although, that's just based on her long pauses and hesitant look). But the truth of the matter is, no girl was going to be able to announce her graduation at the election because of the incident that happened last month. AKB has to look strong and united right now, and announcing graduations may send the wrong message. So I think there is a sort of "lock" on graduations until the incident blows over and AKB is settled back into its normal routines.

3. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I could tell that Umeda, Sae, and Kojiharu seemed graduate-y.. I seriously thought all three were going to announce that, but I agree with Silenka that it would just be a bit in bad taste so they'd have to wait.

I feel like Mocchi is getting close as well. If I was in her shoes, after dropping so much in these last two elections and her ever-growing age, I would consider graduating too.

4. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Who else felt Mayu's speech was the one she prepared for 2013 but never got to hold because Sasshi won?

She mentions senpai leaving, but first, she is not a junior anymore (3rd gen.),
    and second, no senpai left this year so far.
    Yuko announced her grad at the end of last year.
    She mentions senpai leaving because that was the theme for 2013 don't you think?

Another interesting point, the speech didn't fit into the context of today at all.
    With Sasshi unexpectedly losing and Kawaei and Annin attacked, there was ample room
    for some references to them or to what just (recently) happened.
    But there were none.

And just about Kojiharu,

Kojiharu said in her speech, she didn't want to announce her graduation because she saw on the internet, how she topped a poll of 'who is going to announce their graduation at the election.'

It has nothing to do with what happened to Kawaei and Annin.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  5. moonlit

moonlit Member

Edit: @oscarwilde Mariko, Tomochin, Akimoto Sayaka all left AFTER last year's sousenkyo. Oshima Yuko is ALSO her senpai. Who is leaving.

I must say I'm pretty happy with the results. I had a faint hope Haruppi ranking Senbatsu, but this result is good too.
    Sorry for Meru being outranked this much by Mio.
    Sakura is very high. wow
    Sasshi got kicked off her throne. I want a parody/comedy video with her literary getting kicked off.
    Btw does anyone know where I can watch the speeches of UG/Senbatsu?
    Unfortunately due to a prior arrangement I missed the speeches of the UG and the entire Senbatsu ranking part on livestream. I just got home.

I'm sad Ueki Nao did not stay in ranks, but happy for Shige. I'm so glad I actually cast that one vote~
    Tanabe Miku was priceless.
    Also, Kinoshita Yukiko falling off her chair when she was called XD
    Aoi-tan, Rikopi and Piichan staying in ranks was also great. (I had somehow less doubt about Natsu and Madoka staying in)

I'm very happy for KatoRena ranking in UG.
    MutoTomu is another one. GO SHOW THEM YOUR POWER GIRL!
    I'm a bit surprised by Nakkii ranking, though less about Sahoo.
    I'm kind of disappointed by 3 musketeer ranks. Especially the way Kojimako was going I think a lot of people expected her fans to airdrop her an UG center. But none the less, great job ranking.

Another highlight: Iwasa Misaki getting another center through sousenkyo = epic.

6. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

Total votes increased, again, somehow:

2013 - 2,646,847
    2014 - 2,689,427

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2038394/full/

Oh, and absolutely have no idea where Oricon obtained 136,503 votes for Sasshi. Only the 1st digit is correct -_-
    Edit: Oh but of course, this is Yuko's number last year! Really Oricon...?

7. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    my 2 cents:
    okada nana ranking yay
    moriyasu madoka ranking yay

Ikoma ranking...OMFGGGGGG YESSSSS!

I'm curious to know one thing is oya masana really that popular? she's kept her undergirls status since the 2nd election and it's pretty surprising to me

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Votes not only come from singles. ;)

Shows that people are invested in this!

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't know, this SSK is a mixed feeling for me (yet again).

I'm so glad a lot of people ranked. Tanamin, etc... Mayuyu increasing... All these things are so great!

But at the same time, I'm also left really disappointed. Milky falling that much, Jurina feeling kind of duped, Takamina falling out of Kami7, no first gens in Kami7, etc., etc.

Its hard to be happy about this.

10. Silenka

She's one of the original SKE members and a staple senbatsu member in SKE. From what I understand, she won people over with her beauty and grace. She has a steady fanbase like Yukirin (she is that type of idol, too).

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There's the incident but also there's Yuko's grad concert now, so I doubt any top member (Kojiharu, Sae etc.) would announce their graduation now. It's like stealing the spotlight from everyone else, including Yuko who's having her grad concert. I'm sure they wouldn't do this (even more because Kojiharu and Sae are both close friends of Yuko). That's why I didn't expect any graduation during elections. and it's not fun if someone does the same as Mariko ;D

12. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm kinda wanting to buy multiple versions of this next single. I mean, it's bad enough that my trifecta is split up amongst three teams… but they were even split up into three separate UNITS now..Tomu in UG, Mocchi in FG, and Yagi in UCG.

I would imagine the UG song/PV will be on each edition, and I could get FG and UCG's song/PV in two different editions.

So I guess I'd have to buy two different editions to sweep it all up?

13. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    My thoughts. I was nearly right in my predictions with Miichan, Akicha, Kitarie and Umechan in that order. Lately i thought Rie could beat Aki but Miichan also? I'm not surprised because of all push and attention Rie has got from management during last year but only 1,5 k more votes must be a disappointment. I'm not surprised over Aki's drop but more over Miichan, and of course Umeda. And Mocchi!!!!

After all this was the big drop for all old and mid gen girls. Some really bad. Aki -8 k but that's nothing regarding some others. Yui and Sae should really be worried. The only who rise except for Rie was of course Mayuyu but also Yukirin. The latter must be a disappointment for management who seems to want get rid of her. She's got very little attention but rise. When was Yuki center last time in any song?

About graduation for Mocchi I think it's not likely. French Kiss are moving again and the are going to do a lot of trips for a TV production.

14. moonlit

moonlit Member

^Yuki was centering Team B songs before the shuffle matsuri from what I remember

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Sae's voting drop is understandable dont expect them to fall anymore tho now that she's active again, however Yuihan -13K? WTF

16. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    She centered Tiny T-Shirt… but she's never centered an a-side for AKB :-/

17. moonlit

moonlit Member

Did she not center Romance Kenjuu too?
    Also, quite a LOT people did not center an A side. I don't think that's... terrible.
    I also did not get the feeling that the management wanted to get rid of her.
    I guess it might be just my opinion since I don't pay that much attention to her.

18. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I want her to get at least ONE AKB a-side center… But I feel like it'll never happen since the baton has already been passed to the younger girls, as shown by this election.

19. Silenka

Yukirin is a staple senbatsu member. She fishes the audience, she adds body and skill to the songs with her voice (which often helps make up for some other members who aren't so good), she dances pretty well and she is beautiful. The quintessential idol among a bunch of girls who vary wildly in amount of idol-ness.
    She's not indispensable, but she's definitely not a liability for management, either. And as long as her fanbase is willing to shell out for the election and RH, goods and handshakes, there's absolutely no reason management would actively need to get rid of her.

20. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

She's a badass
    [​IMG]

But really, the appeal for each member is a personal thing. I think Masanya has one of the funniest personalities in the 48 Family and that's her appeal to me. In a practical way, like @Silenka said, she has a really loyal group of fans and that's how she is stable in Undergirls.