Single AKB48 37th (Kokoro no Placard) 14/08/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Kojiharu probably feels uncomfortable performing a song like this as a 26 year old. xD

2. EllieKay

EllieKay Kenkyuusei

I'm curious to see KNP's sales in August and if this is indeed the second coming of KFC.
    Just stating my own opinion but I think KNP is a huge disappointment as an election single. However, its cute and idolish theme suits Mayu well (and no, I don't think that's necessarily a good thing for AKB as a whole but it's what the fans wanted) and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes her signature song.
    I still think it's a crappy song though...

3. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Look at Takamina when the camera is not focusing on her :^O^:

4. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Looks like perfectly fitting song for now new Mayuyu driven AKB.
    Now the question is whether you like this kind of direction or not?

Back in 2010 same time we got "Heavy Rotation". It's amazing how drastically time have changed AKB image...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  5. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Negative stuff aside, my opinions about the single and tonight's performance

The song: to be honest, I was worried. When I checked S48 on my iPad on the way home, I saw a lot of "boring" comments, which didn't help my confidence. I saw positive comments, too, but I thought they were there simply because the posters were AKB fan (in other words, being biased). When I got home, I started listening to it for a while, and went from "zz what is this?" to "hm, it isn't that bad" and now having repeating it for hours. It could be that I'm biased, or maybe listening to something for hours get you used / attracted to it (like many other AKB's songs), or maybe the song isn't that bad after all. Probably all 3.
    Speed / tempo-wise, the song isn't slow. Sure, it isn't Heavy Rotation, Beginner or UZA, but it sure is faster than ballads (no So Long v2.). After listening to it a few times, it remind me of some of the romantic anisongs or idol's songs I've heard few years ago. Plus it's cute. That makes it ok to me, not bad at all. It's also catchy-ish, especially the "payayaya" chorus part.
    In overall, it's good. Could have used a wider range of tones, though.

The dance: ...ok, I like the song now, but I don't know about the dance :v I saw on my FB that a Mayuyu fan jokingly stated "This is the most energy conservative choreo an AKB single ever had". And LOL, now I get her point. The dance is way too simple. As simple as KFC, but with a lot less movement around. Did the girls even move more than a few steps from their starting position? The bad thing with it was - the lack of movement gives me a feeling of the song being slow / less energetic. Simple is good, but if you don't move much, it won't be as fun. I don't know if it's the same to people who commented about the song being slow (being affected by the choreo). I only watched the performance hour after I started looping the song on background, so it didn't affect me that much, but still...
    I don't know about the "kids" / "adults" comments, however. I don't really like the dance, but it didn't turn me off from the song much - more like "Oh, this dance isn't that good", so I don't think it was something created with the aim at kids audience. Unless I missed something?

Anyway, to the success chance of this, again, I am quite sure (and hope) it would still make the million sales even with the incident and the changes in handshake events. Will it be another KFC? I don't know, up to the management's advertisement techniques. After all, I also didn't like KFC much when it was released, but it turned out to be really successful. However, I kept my opinion a dozen pages ago - unless they found a new, creative way of advertising it, it won't be the next KFC. The public is still used to KFC's ads., so repeating the same thing won't earn the same result. Will be happy to be proven wrong, though :v

6. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The song is a bit better than I thought from the commercial preview, but the dance :fp:

I mean there is simple and then there is SIMPLE. Like you could teach it to a kindergartner in about 5 minutes. I'd hardly even call this a "dance". At least Koisuru Fortune Cookie's dance was fun and they moved around a bit. I don't think the formation shifted one inch this entire performance. There was never a moment where some girls did something and some girls did something else. It's almost embarrassing.

I mean, did ANYONE watch this and think "What a fun dance! I want to learn it!". I doubt it

7. Starlight

Starlight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Honestly there are too many people who think this song was written for Mayu alone. I have never for once thought that KFC was meant for Sasshi or Gingham Check was meant for Yuko. These songs were written for the mainstream audience and that's all there is to it.

8. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    ^^I learned the dance just to see how long it would take to learn such a simple choreo (also because I like learning 48g dances), and I had it down pat within less than five minutes. I can confirm that dancing to KNP is as lacklustre as watching the girls dance to KNP. If this becomes a dance craze I´ll be surprised.

9. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I thought the song was pretty kawaii, despite the short preview we got before which wasn't too promising. but the dance is a bit...lacking in..dancing? [hehe]

10. nii-ro

nii-ro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  11. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    [​IMG]
    "you will continue buying this single and you know it"

12. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Wow, those last 8 pages are a total trainwreck.

It's just a cheery idol song, it doesn't put me to sleep like LabRat and Sayokuro which was pretty much my only expectation. I'll be happier if they stop wearing such white outfits, go all colorful and cutesy idol!! Looking forward to the obnoxious PV outfits, I think they will complement the song more.

13. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

Well, after hear this song, first thing come in mind, why they have kinda tribal thing all over the song? It's like Hawaiian-oceania-mix of idol song. Simply make me laugh. But those lines and chorus are okay overall, they are kawaii, and all parts from this song (obviously) easy to remember.

Sad part is, they don't really have hook part which even song like LR have in "Bokutachi no koi wo zutto jirettaku blabla". We all depended how much we remember after they sing 'kokoro no purokaado' part

14. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
  15. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

^ I'm not sure what's the point of complaining about something posted on 2ch here?...I mean, there are AKB bashing on 2ch on a daily basis, this is hardly the first time, nor will it be the last, you'd be QQing about 2ch every days if you look & care for those.

16. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I like the song, I don't love it, but it will likely grow on me... Yes it is "just" a kawaii, bubblygummly song, very idolish cut pop... I don't se anything wrong with that. What I like with 48-group is that ther are many different types of songs among (and in) AKB and the sister groups. Those of you that want "cooler" songs, just wait, you'll get them, but all songs could not be cool or rockish, since ther ar plenty of people that don't enjoy those...

I like some of those songs but often they need to grow on me to. I like Uza now, but it took a while and I still don't like Flying get... Thats ok! Afterall there are many songs I love. I'm sure all of you that don't like KNP have other songs you like, otherwise why stay in the fandom? Maybe next single will be your cup of tea? Or one of the coupling songs?

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

At least it's less boring and bland than Bukiyou Taiyou, I guess :awesome: I like it, but I really like melodic idol songs and I'm not bothered by the choreography either, it brings me back to showa idols, who were my absolute favorite

18. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    After reading all the bashing arround this song I though "Oh, here we go again and I bet the song isn't that bad". Turns out that it is. :fp:
    I see why people are saying that they're trying to make yet another KFC, with a simple song, a even more simple coreo and (probaly) a very boring PV. And that's really bad imo :\

I'm pretty desappointed because I really belive that Mayuyu's determination on getting #1 deserved something better.
    Now I'm gonna go feel nostalgic about how awsome Sousenkyou singles were and how I used to antecipate them....

19. Sayumi4

Sayumi4 Kenkyuusei

Personally I don't think the song is too bad, it could be better but it's not awful. In general it reminds me of something Team B would have as a B-side. The dance and those outfits though, why just why:fp:. Through-out the whole dance the back row looked like it was messing members between Yuihan and Sae Perhaps the PV will make up for the lack-lust song and dance, I just hope the director or whoever is in charge of the PV's didn't decide to follow in KFC's footsteps and involve the fans. It was a sweet idea but when half the screen time is dedicated to random people it makes it really hard to watch. This single has potential we'll just have to see if the PV and b-sides can live up to it. Personally I feel like AKB is starting to run into similar issues that Platinum Era Morning Musume had, a lot of the recent singles have had a very similar sound, in the senbatsu while the back row and center switches a fair amount the majority of the girls are the same leaving the singles somewhat colorless in a sense.

20. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Been liking it more and more. Reminds me of something they would have done at their debut with a mix of "Don't make me take off my sailor skirt" from The Onyanko Club. Who where also produced by Aki-P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk