Single AKB48 37th (Kokoro no Placard) 14/08/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 7, 2014.

1. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Kokoro no Placard is not that bad,fits Mayu. The song can be boring at first but after I listened to it 2 times I liked it more XD So I think when full version shows up,I'm going to love this song . Not so much like others,but is not the worst song of 48 groups at all.
    The think I really hate about it is the choreography.These finger moves...It's weird X_X
    Now to wait for the other songs ~~

2. messejji

messejji Kenkyuusei

im a real sucker for cute songs but this just didnt win me. (neither did labureti but this was better than that imo?) the 1.25x speed vr. was so much nicer and left a bigger impression on me (except the chipmunk voice). it sounded waaaay more energetic and idoly-sugary-cute and the cheoro looks better when faster too. the outfits was really bland giving that its only in grayscale shades(???) could have been better if there was some pastel colours thrown in.

3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Miichan is/was a senbatsu stable while Hirajima wasnt tho

4. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

I do think the songs are prepped before hand, though if Akimoto was like most producers he would have a library of songs to choose from and picked one depending on the winner. If thats not the case then then he probably added some lyric changes here and there which wouldn't of taken that long nor would they have to change choreo, costume, pv production etc.

It's interesting how some election singles tend to match their centers in some way though.

Heavy Rotation: An "in your face" energetic fun song for Yuko
    KFC: a people's anthem with the peoples idol Sasshi
    KNP: Probably the most idol like song for the girl who'd most like an idol Mayu

While I'm somewhat Meh on the song (though I'm interested on how the PV is gonna be) I'm sure that people that like kawaii idolly songs are gonna like this. The dance though......well it seemed they realize that easy equals more people doing it but maybe KFC is where they should have stopped the lowering of the bar IMO.

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    And Iiwake Maybe: a perfect and godly song for the perfect and godly idol Maeda Atsuko.

Everybody should have a cup of tea and reminisce about last year: you all hated KFC when we first heard it and now everybody loves it. It's been the same for most singles recently. Just wait a couple of months and you'll all love Kokoro no Placard.

6. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    too much comments about the dresses and such, i suppose that the real dresses are those blue & pink that are posted pages ago and maybe the managers don't want display them yet for a 2 min performance
    if you don't like the single what's the problem, you can save more money for the next :awesome: also is like some ppl was waiting this to say something like "AHA, I TOLD YOU IS BORING, MAYU IS CURSED, TOO MUCH IDOL"
    and i'm the only one around here who likes "so long"? is slow of course but was a song for a drama where a teacher dies isn't it? you can not expect something happy for this

7. dezu

dezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    dezudabu
    Yep, sounds like an idol song. I like it.

8. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    Well, it's actually not that bad...the song itself I meant. It suits Mayuyu, a cutesy idol song. But can't we have something more upbeat for sousenkyo song? We have already had Gingham Check and Koichun for slow tempo song and this year we will get it,too?! :| Oh please I didn't want another HebiRote nor Furage, I just want upbeat songs. The choreo doesn't require much moves and even it doesn't require much, they (management) should at least make it more...fun? entertaining? They should know that not all "easy-to-follow" moves are enjoyable. Like what? You just need to stand there-clap your hands-do peace sign-and circling around? Meh, even a baby could do that. I feel sorry for Mayuyu to "always" get this kind of song and choreo...she worked hard to get number 1 and all she get is this kind of song. And to think that it's the first time I like almost all of the member of senbatsu...it is kind of waste. Senbatsu is great, center is great....and that's it :fp:

9. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    It's still JUST the first performance. Like we haven't even properly seen the real outfits for the song, nor have we heard the full song or the studio arrangement.

The dance routine we saw might not even be the final dance. I mean it was honestly just the first performance.

By the way, I JUST realized… Ikoma wasn't there?! :gavel:

And YES, I do rank this higher than Heavy Rotation. Deal with it. I'm not required to like that damn song just because I'm in the fandom. Ever since I got into AKB, I just really can't "get it," with that song. It's just like that one time someone told me that I'm not a real AKB fan if I don't like Atsuko Maeda…like, she wasn't around when I joined. Sorry. You can't require me to like something haha. different strokes for different folks.

Edit:
    Just watched again, and yes, Ikoma WAS there… but this camera work was shitty as hell.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  10. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

The thing i have to blame Aki-P that he's trying to copy KFC method :fp:
    he think it'll become a hit again but it turned out like this
    1st time: exiciting
    2nd time: lame :glare:

11. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I totally agree. But alas, seems like this is going to take some time since they've all said they're not going to graduate yet :p

But yeah, there was not ONE close-up shot on Ikoma, Sae, or Aya.. I'm still pissed about this.

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It's funny to read all comments, they are really blended. My comments. The song is not good, not bad, it's....nothing. Easy forgettable. The dance is....nothing. Maybe it fits Mayuyu, as I know she's not the best dancer. The clothes are....awful. Girls in upper teens and young women dressed in baby clothes! But LR was worse.

I've read the comments about Kojiharu's singing and dancing. I agree, she didn't overwork her effort. Maybe she's bored because of what I've written above. I understand her. I've seen the same reactions in earlier videos regarding other members, for example Maachan the last times before her graduation. It's near now for Kojiharu. The spirit has gone.

13. janelleski

janelleski Kenkyuusei

the worst senbatsu single in akb history.

kfc is pretty average, but the dance is weird yet addictive. thanks to the flashmob and the dance videos, the song kind of grows in you. but this new senbatsu single, i don't even know how to describe it. if kfc's saving grace is the dance videos, with this one i don't think so. the song is bland and boring, and the dance is lame too.

here i thought that the senbatsu single will be exciting and on par with their best singles. i mean, c'mon, this is supposed to be the start of the new era of akb and thus mayu cementing her role as ace in the group. so, why this kind of song akip?

on the positive side, since this is a senbatsu single, this song will be promoted a lot.

14. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    You mean (post)sousenkyo single.
    Just because you don't like a song doesn't mean it's a bad song. Koichun is actually a well built song with retro feels that appeals to the mass. The dance moves helped promoting it, I'm not denying this fact, but they were not a "saving grace", the song didn't need one to begin with.
    What if this is the new era of AKB? What if this is the new style we're getting from now on? Why can't Mayu "cement her role as an ace" with this song?

Just because you don't like a song doesn't mean it's a bad one.

edit: I edited the nastiness out of my post. :)

15. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Kojiharu just missed the camera focussing on her. Big deal.

It's a big venue and there is not only one camera around to pay attention to.

It's a simple mistake, only grouches would harp on it.

16. janelleski

janelleski Kenkyuusei

@Deyan

there's no need to edit. i can bear the criticism. and i respect your opinion.

i didn't say that i didn't like kfc. i like it, but in terms of the senbatsu singles - or what as you've mentioned, post senbatsu singles (i honestly don't know how it should be referred because others call it senbatsu singles, anyway) - this one isn't on par with flying get and heavy rotation in terms of luster, it's a personal preference. and you misunderstood what i meant with the "saving grace" part. with the dance videos and the flash mobs, the kfc single became more popular and it became an anthem. and imo, it was able to touch the level of akb's more popular and more widely received senbatsu singles.

if this is the new era of akb, then so be it. and, again, you misunderstood what i posted. it's not the song, it's mayu's win in the senbatsu. that's what cemented her role. the song is just a follow up, which i might add, doesn't seem to be on par with the level of akb's former senbatsu singles such as flying get and heavy rotation. in my opinion, senbatsu songs should be flashy because that's what it was before, but that's just an opinion of mine.

and yes, i agree. just because i don't like the song, it doesn't mean the song is bad in general. but that's my opinion. and i respect yours, and also the opinion of other members - whether they like the song or not.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  17. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I'm glad you answered me because now I see you're only expressing your opinion. And everybody's entitled to their (wrong) opinion! :lol: I felt that your previous post really read like "my opinion is a fact" and I hate that. Sadly that's how most people write their posts and it gets on my nerves.
    And I needed to edit, I was being nasty and it was uncalled for. ;)

18. kimuchi

kimuchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The dance videos are full of cringe, imo, made even more annoying by them being uploaded to AKB's channel. I sub to a lot of YT channels, I do not care for yet another crappy dance cover.

Mayu started her reign (of terror) with So long! tbh, perhaps you should target your "boring" comments to that song, as I think most people will agree that So long! is probably a more boring song than Kokoro no Placard (or you might not, you do you).

Possibly the single best sentence in this entire thread:
    I really do dislike that with every AKB single release (since Acchan's departure), there's always this wave of "THIS IS THE WORST SONG THEY'VE EVER DONE". (That title belongs to Hashire! Penguin.)

To state my own opinion on Kokoro no Placard:
    I like it. Not their "strongest" a-side by far, by it's also not their worst a-side by far. I never saw Mayu getting a song like Gingham Check/Heavy Rotation like Yuko, nor Iiwake Maybe/Flying Get like Acchan. I was presuming they might try and imitate Koisuru Fortune Cookie but from that one performance... it doesn't really seem like it?

I think 2014 has given better a-sides than 2013. Maeshika Mukanee > So long!, Labrador Retriever > Sayonara Crawl. Suzukake Nanchara was eh and whilst I love Kojiharu, Heart Ereki was disappointing for what might possibly be her only centre single (I'm presuming management won't choose her to be centre again, as the Mayu reich takes full swing). Koisuru Fortune Cookie was my favourite from last year, even if I do not like Sashihara. Do I prefer it to KnP? Well yeah. I've only listened to KnP once (not counting that <10 second clip), give me a couple of months and I may prefer it to KFC.

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    She's still performing whether or not the camera is focused on her! You've saying she shouldn't have to move her lips unless the camera is doing a close up on her face? What about the audience?

20. janelleski

janelleski Kenkyuusei

@Deyan

i'm not that active, and i rarely interact in posts so i'm not aware of the "fact vs opinion" thing going on here. but yes, i am very vocal with my opinion. :D

@kimuchi

now that you mention it, i don't like so long! too. i already forgot what's my first reaction to that song, but as far as i know, i only watched it once. and just like that one, i prolly won't be able to watch another performance of the placard song. maeshika is an ok song, because yuko is the center, but that's just it. yes, i'm very biased to my oshi :p i never watched labrador retriever, the name of the song just makes me cringe. so i don't have what it takes to watch it.

the kfc dance is a personal preference i guess. though i cannot see myself dancing to it, i find it amusing that a lot of people did the kame-hame-wave dance. sorry i just can't help but compare it to dbz... maybe that's what i find amusing? haha!

also, i think mayu deserve better, especially for a senbatsu single. not a fan, but this is her dreams finally materializing. plus, i think the management wanted her so badly as the ace. so why not give her a better single to celebrate her senbatsu win? when she's with team a, she's able to show versatility, sadly i dunno the title but the PV is set like in the 50s with her singing in a bar or something. her image there is very different from the cutesy idol-ish mayuyu. she can definitely do more. i just don't understand why the management doesn't want to let her grow.