1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Why JKT48 Website Not Like SNH48 Website ?

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by tgsk48, Aug 5, 2014.

1. tgsk48

tgsk48 Kenkyuusei

look it:
    http://jkt48.com
    http://snh48.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. there are official forum in SNH48 website: http://club.snh48.com/forum.php

while in JKT48 website nothing

2. there are former member in SNH48 website: http://snh48.com/member_list.html

while in JKT48 website nothing: http://jkt48.com/member/list?lang=id

3. there are photo member with fans in SNH48 website: http://snh48.com/photowall/index.html

while in JKT48 website nothing

4. in SNH48 website, member third generation wearing seifuku: http://snh48.com/member_list.html

while in JKT48 website member third generation only wearing T-Shirt: http://jkt48.com/member/list?lang=id

5. in SNH48 website, result of Senbatsu election included in member column: http://snh48.com/member_list.html

while in JKT48 website nothing: http://jkt48.com/member/list?lang=id

Why ?

2. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    I don't know,why?:^^;:

3. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

Different web designers perhaps? Maybe Indonesian designers did the bare minimum and Chinese added what was popular in China? Just a guess though...

4. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I don't think it's important enough to make a new thread for this question :hmm:

5. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Yup,you can ask this sort of question in the general thread:^^;:

6. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    I just thought it came down to the web designers themselves... same reason why the theaters are different between the group, they either reflect something about the group or the culture... or, just left to chance.

A forum sounds great, in theory... but then you need to hire moderators, and so on. From what I've noticed, Indonesians are already one of the heaviest social media users online, this includes forums I would think. By creating an independent forum, management run the risk that fans abandon popular threads on site that offer them free publicity.
    Same time, not all fan want to visit the new forum, because chances are it'll have more limits set on it, and won't be as 'free' with speech.

As for ex-members, well, they're free agents as of ending their contracts... management don't really have to offer anything in the way of free publicity.
    (Though, JKT management has allowed some members to keep their Twitter accounts upon graduation... I kind of see this as an act of good will from management since they are really under no obligation to give away the account since it's an official account and owned by them, with information pertaining to them if a fan were to scroll back enough.

JKT already have pictures with their fans posted other places. I've seen a ton of Instagram and so on. There's probably no reason to have an official page for it, other than you could...

And if they did, they should include lots of Achan's and Ghaida's... so many fully body contact two shots!!!!!!!

--
    Also, just one negative shot at SNH here... for a while (it's been fix now), Sae and Mariya were listed as "interns" on the members page, this was after they were placed in teams.

Sousenkyo results were listed on their own page, yes, including them on the member's profile would be good. But I suspect this will happen at a later date anyway, once there's an overhaul of the site. (It doesn't seem like a mission of management to keep the profiles set to a bare minimum for aesthetic reasons, this seems to be more lack of either time, funds or the right professional hire).

--

I'm all for closing the thread too, I guess.

It was a good topic to be brought up (hope JOT are watching), but I don't think the discussion will get any further than past the point of "... we do things differently in _____".
    And there's probably somethings JKT does that SNH doesn't as well.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  7. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    Most of the things on the SNH48 website are not on the AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 or HKT48 website either. It's not a JKT48 issue. None of the other 48 group websites have a forum, fan gallery, former members, etc. either. Some of your complaints I don't understand, like the seifuku vs. t-shirt thing. I was under the impression that KKS were usually wearing simple clothes in their profile pictures, I don't think it's unusual or unique to JKT.

SNH48 has a tendency to operate separate of the other 48 groups, even going so far to break the 48 group rules (no pictures with fans outside of events, for example). JKT48 however follows AKB48's footsteps very closely, and generally doesn't do anything AKB48 hasn't already done.

Imo you can't really compare JKT48 and SNH48 for this reason. JKT48 is a very "traditional" idol group, whereas SNH48 is showing more in common with K-pop groups than idol groups.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Budget

9. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    it's all about internet connection, guys. The difference is way to much. If JKT website was designed like SNH website, the loading will take much longer time.

10. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    Design difference is all that matters. JKT48 can simply turn their website up a notch a little bit by hiring a more stylish (and expensive) web designer, and can add more features when it is necessarily needed. For now though, there is nothing wrong with the web since it is still fairly accessible.

I understand it lacks the "woah" feeling as when you accessed SNH's website, for it doesn't have a heavy colorful banners or amazing features; it's so-so and only fairly utilizable for its main purpose. Personally, I'm not against improvements - it will be better if they can make it not as dull as it is now - but I don't have a problem with it either. As long as it doesn't lag on me, I'm fine with it.

Well, this question is better be asked in the General Thread since it is still pretty much a general topic. Thus, I agree on closing it and move there if you have more questions.

11. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    JKT48 does seem to follow the AKB48 model the closes... why you can some times draw easy comparison with JKT and AKB in their early days, the start point is the same, in that they start small and modest.

As well as Japan, I think JKT also borrows some elements from common Indonesian / Western media practices, like with things like SMS voting... which, I guess is sometimes frowned/cringed upon... like, that brief horror we all felt in late 2012 and we thought they were actually going to "vote in" the members like on American Idol.

Finding out SNH48 had dormitories really did remind me of K-Pop... I mean, there are instances of members living in apartments, but it's not a "cute" image usually... more often it's cramped living quarters like you'd live in if you attended college and lived away from home.

Another reason why it's impossible to actually compare SNH48 and JKT48........... in terms of how far their own management have progressed with them, they were somehow 'even' in their development at some point this year. Currently both groups are on their 6th Single, and both have had their sousenkyos in 2014... and then, SNH just pushed ahead of JKT yesterday, and opened a 4th generation auditions.

And this probably has a lot to do with 2012 being something like 'Year Zero' for JKT48, where they were promoting the idea of the group itself... and not especially the members, events or a single track, other than "Heavy Rotation".
    And then, 2013 to now, we see JKT48 falling into line with how AKB48 operates exactly, teams, national events, special events (tasks set specifically for one team), hand shakes, 2shots...

To my mind, though 2012 was probably a terrible year for the members... it probably allowed JKT48 to be as popular as they are; in that they're "stable"... the amount of members is justified when you think about how many girls they need to run the theater shows as well as the turnover rate of the 2nd Gens... I mean, that intake was a huge, jaw dropping number and now two years later, they're down to half almost.

I'm not exactly sure how SNH are rolling along since I don't follow them as much, but I hope they have the same growing public consciousness / fandom momentum and stability JKT are trying to approach (and I'm not even saying JKT are doing amazing financially either, I don't have access to that kind of information, but going from observation)... every year should look better than the one before; awards getting bigger, more prestigious, bigger events, more sponsors, more sales...

Basically, what I'm saying is, having the better website is one thing, but keeping it is another.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  12. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    Actually, in the early days, AKB has a dormitory too for members who lived far from theater.

13. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    speaking of dormitory...JKT have a shared apartment too,which members uses it as a base to gather remember?
    usually members from outside of Jakarta,in this case bandung tend to use it sometimes if they need to stay for a few days in the city..

14. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    They did yes, for members like Sashihara, Kitahara... but, it's well documented at this point that it was pretty small and cramped... and absolutely nothing like how the SNH48 dorms look.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] cr.

Crappy apartment is a mainstay for starting out idols for both kpop and jpop depending on your circumstances, but it's always linked more with kpop... I guess because they always talk about it, if we win this award, or get #1 we get to move to a bigger place!!.......... and you just feel sorry for them so much.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  15. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Urgh the horror of JKT48 website. It is quite hard to find what data i want from the website. It is too crowded and they should clean it up. It is so bloody crowdded with stuff.

16. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    ^
    err.... really? actually, It's the cleanest one of all groups (because of less ads and content, I think)

17. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    eh... i guess akb48 website is the same. Although they seemed to be alittle better (if you disregard the advertisement) in a sense that. JKT48 webssite has the slide show contend and the sidebar(?) with same content.

You know what... Ignore my comment XD. I'll just complain about 48 group website layout......