Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    According to Google traduction (lol), it seems like she's not as upset as supposed. Thanks lord. Center position, especially when you're not the one announced, is really hard & pressurizing. Despite Meru is really mature for her old, this must have been even more harder for her. She can take a rest now... If haters let her in peace lol.

2. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Its ok. Our More needs to grow. She needs to become a better idol. She seems like she is lacking lately. Hopefully this will light a fire under her ass so she can fight back. Let's gooooo Meru! :^O^::^O^::^O^:

3. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

Tashima Meru 2014.08.31 23:20
    Meru here。

Everyone, it was announcement on HKT48’s official site。

I have the privilege of being in Senbatsu for our 4th single「Hikaeme I love you!」。

It’s thanks to all of you!
    I really thank you very much。

I won’t be on the center position, that I had the privilege of standing on until now。
    I couldn’t keep up with the skill of that position。
    I am lacking in ability。
    Of course, realizing that makes me sad

But I think it would have been bad if everything had stayed as it was。

The things I didn’t understand when I was center。
    All the things I couldn’t see until now, as well as the things I didn’t notice before,
    I realized that taking a step back gives me new things to grow on。

I received a chance for growth。

There are also thing I don’t understand yet, but I think that I have to take this as an opportunity for me to take a look at myself to improve。

Even if the steps aren’t straight, I am going to work harder than before, so that I can take a next step on this spiral staircase!
    So that I won’t stop。。

So that my dreams can become true,
    I won’t forget the things I said while standing where I am now。。。

HKT48 is a group of constant change。
    And for that sake, both the Senbatsu members as well as the positions have changed。
    To make it a strong group、
    to keep aiming even higher。
    To the newly made Senbatsu members, Kanon-san, Jiina, Sae-chan, Maochan,
    congratulations。

And the center is Haruppi!
    My Senpai, who has experienced many times more the frustrations that I have。
    I could see it all from up close。
    And even so, she would still support me,
    and because of that I was able to stand as a center。
    Now I want to become more reliable myself,
    so that I can become a support as well。

I once again realized how grateful I am for the things I was blessed with,
    and from now on I want to think even more about our group。

To all of you that are always kindly rooting for me,
    it’s because you are there that I can be strong。

I hope that you are going to continue to support Tashima Meru。

This is the fireworks we saw on the evening we shot the MV,
    it was really beautiful。

[​IMG]

(source)

4. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Thank you @Sayanara231 for translting.

The thing that hurt me the most as Meru fan is the fact she thinks she is lacking ability. Like... What? The girl is so talented.

5. Mimi-chan

Mimi-chan Kenkyuusei

Meru only need chance to shine!

So, I will wait for it... Ganbatte meru
    Please don't cry, your smile is the best!

and thanks @Sayanara231 for translating

6. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Seems like without a center she can't have it?
    Anyway I hope now, when she's not Center anymore she'll get a kennin just as Mio did.

7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    beautiful message. (;_; )

This is definitively what she has to do : to take a step back and look at herself.

I just want to go in handshake and cheer her up

As she said, it's for HKT48 as a whole. There's many way to help the whole group to grow.

I'm so happy she's conscious of that.

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Every idol lacks ability in some area, part of the story is that they improve over time, it's good that Meru acknowledges this. The other front members had to find other ways to appeal without being centre and for a time Meru will have to do this too and it'll probably be better for her in the long run.

She's young, she'll get another chance.

9. SakuWan

SakuWan Kenkyuusei

She have been staying on a comfort zone for a long time. It is time for her to step back and plan for herself.
    With her result way much behind the other 3 in election, if she still elect to be a centre--she will think that her position is set on the stone and that she always fav. by management and that is bad. This will help her push herself more than usual and gain more fighting spirit, so she can prove to everyone that she still can grow interm of skills and popularity even without the centre position.

Like I say on HKT 4th single thread, Haruppi centre doesn't mean that she making a return to be HKT permanent center. We can see that HKT is different, they don't roll like other 48 groups and that is SUPER DUPER AWESOME. Therefore, I have no doubt that Meru will have a chance to center for single again. I think she knows how HKT work now... thats y, it gonna push her to work harder so she can stand in that position again. This will be extremely meaningful for her, like with Haruppi. In HKT right now, there are just abundance of potential candidate to be center whenever HKT going to release a new single, and that is really good for the group. Sakura also said like Meru on her Mobame awhile ago, it is for the sake of HKT so they accept the decision. Sakura is way way much popular than others but she still accept the decision.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    well to be fair she has been pushed from the beginning and i guess the managers don't see grow her popularity compared to members like sakura and haruppi, maybe this could work as a "slap" to wake her, I would feel uncomfortable saying that she needs to do some gravure like sakura, she actually have the aptitudes just need more screentime maybe appear in more TV shows, publicity i don't know that should be the job of her managers

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. KyriosArios

KyriosArios Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Twitter:
    KyriosArios
    That post of hers shows how mature she is despite being so young. I respect her even more now. I was actually surprised when she didn't make the huge jump the other HKT48 members did in this last Sousenkyo. Hoping she turns this frustration in to positive energy to improve where ever she feels she's lacking. I honestly don't see where, but then again I don't follow Meru as much as some of the others.

12. shakuran

shakuran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I am happy to see Haruppi become the centre, but I do feel kind of dismayed for Meru...

Although, as it's been said, I think this will definitely be good for her in the long run! Her post about it was so thoughtful and mature and it's actually made me take an interest in her now... Meru recognises that there are places she can improve and she'll probably work even harder than she already has now. She has a long way to go yet and a lot of time to do it, and I don't doubt that she'll get to centre again in the future!!

13. Kiriharu

Kiriharu Kenkyuusei

I like the part where she wrote about Haruppi. She obviously knows how frustrated Haruppi was when the center position was always given to her (up until now). And now she realize that she is falling in the situation Haruppi had before. SO if Haruppi could do it very well, she can too. With her HS and this step back and such, I can see her jumping to high UG next SSK.

14. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Ahhhhhh... why you got to write such a beautiful post Meru. :cold: Thanx 231-san.

Her mobame about it also got translated: http://dejuredemesne.tumblr.com/post/96391105735/tashima-meru-mobame-31-08-14

Ahhh... the pressure of being the HKT center... only Meru knows it. Mio may have been co-center, but IMO she did not carry the burden of expectation as Meru did. Such beautiful words from a beautiful girl. For me it makes up for the fact that she seems to like Frozen...

[​IMG]

:yikes: LOL. I was hoping Meru would be immune to the Frozen madness that has swept Japan (and US)... I can't stand that movie... especially Olaf. :^^;: LOL. I love those braided twin tails though... that's probably my fav Meru hairstyle. :blush:

Also... the dude that is supposed to be protecting Meru is like totally dozing off. :fp:

She also got to reunite with Tani a few days ago too...

[​IMG]

She said that she laughed so much that her ribs started to hurt. I think Meru kinda freaked out when Tani got transferred out at the shuffle, so it was nice to see them together again. :D

Oh and yah... for the LOTTE x HKT48 costume 48 campaign thing... we got short blonde hair freckled Meru...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Apparently... her name is Angel. :awesome: Ummm... yeah... no. :XD: LOL.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  15. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

omg, Meru is no longer the center. Listen people this is a tragedy. HKT has had one awesome song, and it was Hatsukoi Butterfly. Besides Sashihara coming, that song was the 2nd biggest thing that put HKT48 on the map and on everyone's radar. It would have been ten times less awesome if that was Haruppi in there as center. Well I'm glad Meru got to be center to show her stuff. Honestly the HKT songs, besides Hatsukoi butterfly weren't all that (I mean we haven't had any Oogoe diamond caliber songs in the past 1-2 years). So its not Meru's fault. They had one grand slam home run song and Meru was the right girl for it, as no one could have pulled off the little ballerina type style Meru had for that song.

And yeah, Meru should do some gravure shoots. She isn't getting the sexy bump that all the other HKT girls are getting now, cuz of her age. I hope Meru doesn't fall out of popularity completely.

Keep in mind, this is probably more of management drama that they like to stir up. They might give it to Haruppi for a bit then take it away from her. That's how they play with the fans emotions. Like in tv show dramas, they never keep 2 cast members together for too long, they break em up, then bring em back together off and on as a way of tugging/playing with the fans emotions. Its the same thing here. AKB management will do anything to keep the wheels turning and to keep things fresh. that's why they always do transfers, and announce new captains, and the girls start crying etc. It just plays on the fans emotions. So I mean best case scenario it gets taken away from Haruppi and passed back to Meru as a never ending tug of war. Worst case scenario Meru drops back until she can start doing more sex photo shoots like Haruppi, Sakura, etc.

16. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

@Time007 It is okay. This is not as bad as you think it is. Meru is a really strong girl. She will get better from this. I think her biggest weakness is not showing any at all. Remeber the episode that Meru talked Sasshi in the Sasshiudon corner? She keeps all her troubles bottled in and only tells Shinobu about it? Haruppi on the other hand always writes what she feels on g+ and mail so her fans can go through with her so her fans worries about her. However, what did we know about Meru before? Her smile? Her powerful showsmanship? Right now she is forced to show that vulnerability with this drop and we are finally seeing it in that thoughtful message she has written. That is a dimension that we have never seen before, I am really glad that I did because now I know more about her and I think more people is going to do the same. She is going to gain more fans and climb higher in SSK. I think Haruppi is going to be a really powerful center because of her tribulations and now Meru is going to be even better with this set back. Sakura and Mio are doing the same thing. HKT is just that kind of place. You get a set and work your ass off and come back even higher. So this is a good thing. HKT and Meru is going to be better for it.

17. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

who is Shinobu?

18. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

She is the 48G general manager.

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Shinobu was the head costume designer for the 48G before the Grand Shuffle, where she was made GM of 48G. And she has a very close relationship with many, many of the girls.

20. tashime

tashime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Twitter:
    cizzuhan
    Hi everyone,
    i always wanted to post and giving my thought, about anything which caught my attention...
    but due to my poor English knowledge... i ended up of being a silent reader (shame on me)
    All the talks here, pros and cons, I totally agree.
    Meru always in a safe zone, yes she is... and I look at this as a concept of "receiving a slap from management" :D
    We need Meru to reflect on this, and starting to grow up, even bigger than she did before. And yes, she is so young and talented. I hope all fans of Meru will still be unite.

[​IMG]

She needs to wake up

"Wake up Meru-chan!!"