Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

I am totally agree with you.

@Reveen I do also watch Team 4 Theater stages, they're great.

Miion was praised by the management because of her performance in zannen shoujo even Yuko.
    Miion also is just new that's why Meru is more popular.
    Miyupon is great in singing and showing her reaction in itoshiki natasha. She's a great performer.
    Naachan has her own pace, she's also talented and really a hard worker. She's good in singing, dancing and acting.

And also when it comes to level of performance, i think Miki is better than Meru. @Time007 No offense.

@Time007
    Don't underestimate Team 4.

--------

For me, the reason why Mako got transferred because Team K are in need right now. She also have face like Yuko.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    How could we possibly underestimate team 4 while they have ranked 2 of their songs in top 15, especially with Seijun being first.

Meru in team 4 would be a good idea for her individually, but the front row is already settled, so i'm not sure it's going to happen.

Meru was supposed to focus on HKT while the 3 other develop themselves in AKB.

To not be kennin is not a bad thing. Still, after loosing center position for this 4th single, i have absolutely no clue how her push is going to develop.

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Who says she needs to be in the front row? There seems to be several types of kennin, there's the "representing your team as aces" type kennin which Haruppi and Sakura are currently doing but Haruppi's first kennin was a "learning" kennin where she was able to learn from seniors like Mayuyu. I'd presume that Murashige's kennin is a learning one, hoping she soaks up some of the variety skills of NMB. I'd guess Natsumikan's kennin is a "filling a role" type, where she's there to spice up their MC's and variety stuff.

Meru could definitely benefit from a "learning" kennin and add some new tricks to her armoury because just doing the same thing all the time is not necessarily going to improve her. Getting different experiences is good, seeing how others do things leads to a more open mind, a stint in the second row of Team 4 or KII or wherever would allow her to do that without the pressure constantly being on her shoulders.

4. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^Absolutely agree.

Improving her performance is important but I'd really like her to go to a team that could teach her how to open up more. Meru is practically a textbook loner. She can make friends easily enough but just as easily drifts away from them, she internalizes a lot, doesn't like appearing vulnerable, and the fact she's a bookworm could be a sign she's used to closing herself off. She also kinda comes off as a pollyanna which could contribute to why she has trouble letting others see her beyond her cheeriness. That seems to translate to her onscreen personality too, I could see Meru evolving into a sharp tongued character but she seems too focused on appearances. She has material to with (like her huge appetite aka Merusaurus), she just needs to get over her own inhibitions before she can really begin to refine them.

Team 4 wouldn't be a bad choice at all but I fall into the camp that thinks she'd do better with a SKE team, particularly KII (Hata Sawako was my SKE oshimen so it'd be awesome to have my Kami-Oshi be on her former team).

5. NakoChan

NakoChan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Hm, I wonder why do you think so? Miki has a great potantial as a variety type, but her performance is kind of lacking, she is still very young (Meru is younger btw) - her vocal isn't really good, just "enough", her dancing is sometimes really akward as it's very energetic, TOO energetic.
    But Meru... well, maybe I'm the only one but I personaly think she is a awsome performer. Her voice is really beautiful and she control it very well, her dance is just perfectly fit, not something really noticable but very beautiful. The thing that I personally think that Meru is lacking is veraity skills.
    The reason why I think Meru should have a Kennin in 4 is mostly because I think she'll be able to become friends with Team 4 members better then any other team - 14 debuted around the same time, plus being a Kenkyuusei at the same time, etc.

6. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    anyway, what i'm standing for is that too much kennin kill the kennin.

We need Meru to focus on HKT48 to preserve the core. It's even more efficient while the front row is making her way while they are busy learning with their own kennin

Team K looks strong but the front row is very fragile, all of them are kennin and most of the time, they don't perform.

I'm not sure about Mio, but Sakura and Haruppi are Ace representative of HKT48 in their respective team, if Meru go for a kennin, i would ask for the same.

I don't put Natsumikan/Shige on the same level of push as Meru

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Mioten's kennin is kind of a mixed bag. While it is obvious she is in B to learn, she is also considered one of HKT's aces, and it shows in her position in my beloved Team B. It is a little of Haruppi's spot in Yokoyama Team A and Sakuratan's posting in Takamina Team A

As much as I think Meru would benefit greatly from a kennin and would like to see her in Team 4. I am also of the opinion that it should wait until at least the middle of next year at the earliest. She does need to solidify her place among HKT better than where she is at now before expanding out to the sister groups via a kennin position. Maybe by the next shuffle, which I feel will come around that time, she will be ready for that role.

8. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The interesting thing about kennins is to gain experience... Since she debuted in the same time as most of the Team 4 members, I don't think this is so interesting for Meru.
    I personally see her in Team K, since she knows already Mako and there's a lot of seniors in this team.

9. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

Speaking of kennin on Team4 look who she is teaming up with on Travel Ambassador. Also are they going to Oita again?

10. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

^ A while back Meru posted pics of her and Miki on her G+... I wondered what that was for... now I know. :D

And yah... not sure why everybody is so concerned about Meru... IMO she is a pretty introvert loner girl like Rena... by her own admission it took a while for Rena to slowly come out of her shell... and even now she is not all the way out... nor would I want her to be. :cool: IMO I'd be more worried about Mio's path... IMO only one person can make it all the way to the top just by being cute... and that's Paruru. :D

Anyway... thanx to Meru...

[​IMG]

...I now know what Kill Bill Vol. 2 Ancient Kung Fu Master Nako would look like. :D

11. Mimi-chan

Mimi-chan Kenkyuusei

Meru at 0:17 :cute:

12. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

First no center and now no senbatsu in akb while they push temporary team 8 members? smh.

13. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I think this 38th single purpose was to raise the promising member of AKB48.

It is too quick to put Meru in senbatsu while she is supposed to be in "reflexion" time. Opportunities will come later, eventually.

14. rolca

rolca Kenkyuusei

I know that are girls in 48G that take auditions in H!P, and Mister Tsunku with his great vision rejected, but last night watching a old show of H!P I see a member of HKT auditioning for 10th gen of Morning Musume, Tashima Meru :awesome: , I don't know this, and the first I think was "Good job Tsunku...again" :lol:

Saludos
    Rol'ca

15. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

AKB Kanko Taishi ep17 (Nishino Miki, Tashima Meru)

16. karanoyume

karanoyume Kenkyuusei

As Meru did not enter next single's senbatsu and four members including Sashi will represent HKT in this 32 super-big senbatsu, some fan said to AkiP on 755 "please don't give up Meru-chan", and AkiP replied: Meru is going well, Now, she is bathed in full light of the sun and she is growing quickly and healthily. (sorry for my poor translation)
    So IMO Meru is still in the plan of the management team while due to the age, school study and performance limitation, she will be pushed later. What the AKB group needs now is someone who has solid fan group and good handshaking tickets selling performance to get more exposed to the public. That's the reason Sakura will be pushed as the W-center. It's only the second year after Meru joining the group. She had more center experience than other HKT members, also the w-center in Waiting Room as the cw of 30th single, maybe we could count on a front row good position in the cw song of next single instead of being blocked from the camera when standing at the last row of big senbatsu. I believe one day we will see she become the center of AKB senbatsu

17. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    We have to be patient, she's only 14 yet and i'm pretty sure that in the future she will be kennin of akb and her presence in akb senbatsu will be a standard, don't give up

18. sudolicious

sudolicious Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    bNq
    Thank you for that, it's hard for someone like me to get a hold on background information like that. I was kind of worried.

She did really really great at the Saitama Super Arena Concert, looked way too adorable in that red shirt. Latest Kanko Taishi episode was awesome as well, she and Miki make a great team.

19. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    "please don't give up on Meru chan"

it's something we should say to her fanbase rather than HKT management. Because in such a ever changing period, we really need to be patient.

I want to point out that Kennin is not the answer to everything when it comes to popularity; The fact that Mio, Sakura and haruppi are Kennin was supposed to make way for Meru. She need to get closer to HKT core instead of going away with AKB48.

20. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

http://translate48.blogspot.com/2014/09/tashima-meru-google-sep-17-2014-1058-pm.html

I read this and I am glad that Meru have this experience of being set back. In the future when Meru returns to the front, not only will she be a little older and a little wiser, it will be on her own power and not on management's handout. . To me she is one of the irreplaceable pillars of HKT, who gave them three chart toppers in a row. I think this new Meru we are about to see is going to be much more intense and much more focus.