Matsumura Sayuri (Sayurin) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Right but i said getting kicked out, i mean the whole point for the idol rule was because it hurt sales/popularity when fans found out that idol was dating, could even lose all their fans if said girl only had a certain amount of popularity, but other if it weren't for that the rule wouldn't be made in the first place so it just a toes dipped in water to see what kind of fans this idol has when they get caught in an act.

2. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

but some people like takamina, even though she didnt againts a boyfriend but inside herself she bow that rules, so i guess dont lost your hope yet, there is still some girls who thinks that idol job are still exclusive compare to normal celebrity cuz they have different deskjob n rules.

3. momokuri

momokuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    According to this, some guy working for Bushun is calling Sayuri's apology bullshit and said that there's will be more next week.
    I haven't heard the recording myself so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  4. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Don't lose hope just yet. If you want an idol who "follows the rules" and upholds it, look no further than Mayuyu. If Mayuyu were to have a scandal, then all hope is lost. :hehe:

5. Yami

Yami Kenkyuusei

@momokuri When you say "more", you mean there are more photo of Matsumura? Or you mean the whole group?

6. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

"follow the rules" isnt just about not having relationship,
    being good idol are have other "rules" too, such as "no bad attitude"

7. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ngzk46/archives/40681818.html

This getting worst. I can't read all the kanji, so I can't give you all the exact translation. Hope someone else can translate it.

8. wotapota

wotapota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    They talked that it affects them more than scandals of other entertainers, since they do Nogidoko with them and are their "official oniichan". At the same time they handle it quite lightheartedly, for example saying "Sayuringo pinch". They also doubted that the other party wouldn't have known Sayuringo, like "what are the chances?". They say it's been a shock, and wish it had been a lie. They're also not sure how to treat her, since they're not sure if it'd be good to kind of make light of it with jokes, or if that could actually hurt her, since everyone in Nogi is so pure at heart. There's also a lot of jokes, general talk on idol scandals, etc. of course.

9. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

I see a lot of people discussing the love ban law and other wondering whether or not she really needs her "delusional hardcore wota" and whether she will do okay with her mainstream fans. Which I think is entirely besides the point. This isn't a big issue because she was seen with a guy. Murashige was seen with a guy when she wasn't even supposed to be outside due to her age and no official response happened and she could do the NMB single promotions as if nothing had happened too. She's being pushed to the back a little right now but there is no official punishment and no big hoopla about her "scandal". Ever since Miichangate nobody has been fired or made to go because of a dating scandal. The love ban rule is dead.

The Japanese rule of "not being the nail that sticks out" (yeah, paraphrasing) is still intact though. NO woman in the Japanese entertainment industry should expect to get out of this unscathed. Even if it were someone like Horikita Maki or Ayase Haruka who are grown women not bound to any "no dating contract" by any stretch of the imagination, this would be huge fucking news. Not because they are not allowed to date but because they're not supposed to date married people. And if an upcoming actress was seen dating a married producer...possibly someone who's been involved with her work in the past? Scandal, big time.

Sayuringo hasn't gone beyond idol protocol, she's gone beyond female tarento in Japan protocol. It doesn't matter whether she knew he was married or not, she should have made sure. And that's probably the only part where her being an idol makes the situation worse: because people know that idols need to be careful and it's even less likely that someone who should be anxious about their privacy would not be curious about a potential partner's life situation. It just makes her explanation less credible and that's it.

As for the wider implications...well. There were always rumors that AKB used to do a lot of pillow business in their early days. But even the most cynical fans usually agreed that there was no need to that anymore and that, even if such a thing had happened, it was surely a thing of the past. Which some might beginning to doubt again. Sayuringo's next photoshoot, be it next week or next month or next year? Someone will wonder, out loud and silently, how she got it. Same goes for NGZ photoshoots at YJ in general. And that's the punishment. This will follow her around.

Being with a married man doesn't endear you to your female audience.
    Being with someone who can get you ahead in life doesn't endear you to your general audience.
    Being with someone while working as an idol doesn't endear you to your idol audience.

Sure, some don't mind but nobody is going to become Sayuringo's fan because she dated a cheater. Nobody is going to become Sayuringo's fan because they think she sleeps with the boss. Nobody is going to become her fan because she is dating someone. She isn't going to lose all her fans for those reasons but she is going to have a much much harder time making new ones.

So, love ban rule? Obsessed wota? Not the issue. She fucked up (whether or not she knew how badly) and Japan is not a forgiving country when it comes to stuff like this. Not for its women anyway.

10. momokuri

momokuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Probably more on Matsumura.

The guy is a idol critic and he's has a column on dmm which he writes articles for. On 11th October, he got notice for his column requesting him to do correction and delete some stuffs for his article. He previously wrote an article about Sayuri's scandal and also talks about the relationship between editors and idols. I'm not sure whether if he had comply with the request, but his articles are getting deleted and jobs aren't coming in.

He's getting pressured to change his article and there are now speculation are that it might be from ngzk's management or Akimoto-sensei.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  11. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I'm all for the truth but I hope this guy has evidence and not just talk.

12. momokuri

momokuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    We won't know until next week I guess, I didn't hear the radio show myself so I won't say for sure.
    The idol critic guy's words though, I believe he wrote it because he had no choice since he's not getting jobs anymore.

13. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    If they found something more, it might just be an icing in the cake. I'm sure the guy is pressured but hey that's how reality works.

14. skink

skink Kenkyuusei

First Sayurin performance after scandal!!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  15. amoya

amoya Kenkyuusei

tbh its quite unexpected to see Sayurin there www first open the video just to see Rena but eh theres Sayuri :D

16. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    thanks bro.

But if there's more to come, and if it blow away Sayuringo excuse, i don't see her coming back from this.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Yeah, as long as people keep bringing it up she's done for. What a shame ;_;

18. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Well, that's just tinfoilhat speculation and there's no proof the pressure is really coming from there. But if it were true, it's really too little too late. The most the critic can do right now is offer further proof she's guilty and lied on radio, but most people already believe that.

19. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If she really lied on that radio broadcast, then I prefer the truth to be revealed. I don't care about her dating, but I hate it when someone lies to cover up their errors. She's an adult, not some 10 years old, she should be able to be responsible and own up her mistake. If she can't, silence is still better than lies.

She's very lucky that she can still go on broadcast as per normal. If management choose to ignore it, probably she can slowly gain back her fans. But I'm afraid we'll see more Nogi scandals in the future. Not to mention those under-girls and 2nd gen may feel even more the unfairness and may prompt them to leave.

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    But it was pre-recorded before the scandal was even uncovered...